Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 What reality shows do you like? 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post What reality shows do you like?
A newer genre of TV though it's been around for some time by now, it's also a genre that is both popular and popular to hate or deride as a thing for the stupid. Reality TV has it's own style and patterns, with things like side interviews mixed in, certain kinds of pacing and dramatic music, setups and cuts, etc, but also has a great breadth of ways of going about it (contest, slice of life, fabrication of perspective, business, etc).

In any case, are there any reality shows you guys particularly like?

1) I enjoy Kitchen Nightmares probably the most, both the British and the American version, though they have rather different styles and focus. It's interesting to me to see what goes on in restaurants, what should go on, and I like Ramsey's cooking tips when they come up.

2) Undercover Boss, which I'm watching right now on Netflix. I don't watch it nearly as much or as regularly as Kitchen Nightmares, but it's fun from time to time, and I like looking for certain businesses that I'm already familiar with and seeing what goes on. It's surprisingly good and making you really care about some of the characters and show some pretty spectacular life stories of some low level employees.

3) Game Chasers, which is a youtube show about finding retro games. I watch this one pretty regularly when they have an episode come out, and they do a great job of production despite it not being from a major production company like the others on the list. It came out right around the time of Retro Hunters, which I liked a good bit more back when it was on, but Retro Hunters shut down after a couple of years and I ended up liking Game Chasers more and more.

There are some others I like, but mostly related to business style reality shows. Most of them I don't watch super regularly though or feel the need to see every episode.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:46 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: What reality shows do you like?
I don't. The closest thing to a reality show would be when I play the Sims and direct my characters to seduce then kill people to get their stuff. "reality" is exactly what I'm trying to avoid when I watch anything and the "reality" in those shows is all bullshit of the lowest caliber. It's like performing a form of suicide to try and watch any of that as a form of entertainment. The willing suspension of disbelief simply isn't there.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffcoâ„¢ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
dog the bounty hunter i guess...

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
HUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRR DUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRR I'M A BOT.

AND EVEN I HATE REALITY TV SHOWS.

THEREFORE, I WILL NOT BE CONSIGNED TO OBLIVION.

blog/reality-shows-destroyer-of-your-brain-or-entertainment

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]