Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 I'm buying a new car Thor's Day. 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post I'm buying a new car Thor's Day.
In response Peru is launching an all out screaming monkey apocalypse.

The car is reported to be a metallic silver four door sedan with vaguely European design features and American comforts; all around a statistically unnoticeable land vehicle with minor cosmetic damage befitting the locale.

With this new car I also have more money. Don't ask why buying a car gives me more money, it's just my impossible math at work. With this more money thing I'm going to be slightly improving my living conditions but also want to give back to the community. By "community" I mean you fuckers.

I'm going to be setting aside money so we can all get legitimate licenses for games which we can all play together as part of the Forkheads experience. I'm thinking at most three games, PC (Windows/SteamOS) platform, modest system requirements (so insanely demanding shit is out) and unless we host our own pirate server I'm pretty much going to say any game using the free-to-play model is completely out of the question.

I'm going to be accepting "donations" but I feel much like moot in that area. moot doesn't accept "donations" because all you get is the continued existence of "this place" and not that this would be an unworthy cause, we're not really a charity; nor are we Wikipedia. Instead I'm going to be thinking of some way to give you tangible awesome in return for your generous contributions towards the merriment of us all.

I'm willing to support up to three games—for now—in the following ways:
  1. Buying copies for Forkheads that do not own copies already and are willing/able to play a significant amount of time.
  2. Paying towards dedicated servers so that these games are always available to all players.
  3. Performing systems operator functions for these dedicated servers and providing Forkheads brand help for players.

I'm unwilling to (financially) support (in no particular order):
  • Games that suck
  • Games we can not control
  • Games that require internet access
  • Anything else that I feel like on a whim

To clarify, a game that requires internet access is one where: given a network of players with full versions of the game installed on their computer, there is no mechanism provided to play a multiplayer game without internet access. An example is League of Legends. Games like the Borderlands franchise which can be played on a local area network without internet access even when purchased and installed through Steam are perfectly fine candidates since there are mechanisms provided to play them without internet access.

I'm looking for game recommendations. I prefer 3D games, am fine with 2D games, but would very much like to stay away from anything textual for right now. Minecraft sucks because it is written in Java and that's bullshit; otherwise I would have been fine with it. I'm very comfortable with Terraria and that level of quality; Starbound and a few others would be great and I'm considering both already so just let me know if those are something I should move forward with. Games that require more than about $50 per player for licensing are going to take me into the requiring "donations" range and I'll put them on the list but don't count on them any time soon since we could be talking about thousands of dollars and to be honest I'm actually poor.

I'm also kind of needing to gauge what kind of pool of gamers we have here. I know a few of us are willing to make this worth while. I'm looking for players to invest at least a weekend day (Friday afternoon/night, Saturday or Sunday) or parts thereof to playing and just being online. I'd consider supporting a console multiplayer game if anybody recommends one that I feel fits the purpose of this experiment but otherwise we're talking about buying consoles and controllers and games then getting them to Forkheads all over the world… I would need some serious interest just to consider that.

So yeah, let me know what you think, recommend a few games.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:20 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: I'm buying a new car Thor's Day.
I'll attach a toroid spiral resonance reactor to your car now. The output line leads to a universal USB charger OR a UPS. These modules can be switched around as needed.

4 pcs.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:14 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
fluffy wrote:
In response Peru is launching an all out screaming monkey apocalypse.

The car is reported to be a metallic silver four door sedan with vaguely European design features and American comforts; all around a statistically unnoticeable land vehicle with minor cosmetic damage befitting the locale.

With this new car I also have more money. Don't ask why buying a car gives me more money, it's just my impossible math at work. With this more money thing I'm going to be slightly improving my living conditions but also want to give back to the community. By "community" I mean you fuckers.

I'm going to be setting aside money so we can all get legitimate licenses for games which we can all play together as part of the Forkheads experience. I'm thinking at most three games, PC (Windows/SteamOS) platform, modest system requirements (so insanely demanding shit is out) and unless we host our own pirate server I'm pretty much going to say any game using the free-to-play model is completely out of the question.

I'm going to be accepting "donations" but I feel much like moot in that area. moot doesn't accept "donations" because all you get is the continued existence of "this place" and not that this would be an unworthy cause, we're not really a charity; nor are we Wikipedia. Instead I'm going to be thinking of some way to give you tangible awesome in return for your generous contributions towards the merriment of us all.

I'm willing to support up to three games—for now—in the following ways:
  1. Buying copies for Forkheads that do not own copies already and are willing/able to play a significant amount of time.
  2. Paying towards dedicated servers so that these games are always available to all players.
  3. Performing systems operator functions for these dedicated servers and providing Forkheads brand help for players.

I'm unwilling to (financially) support (in no particular order):
  • Games that suck
  • Games we can not control
  • Games that require internet access
  • Anything else that I feel like on a whim

To clarify, a game that requires internet access is one where: given a network of players with full versions of the game installed on their computer, there is no mechanism provided to play a multiplayer game without internet access. An example is League of Legends. Games like the Borderlands franchise which can be played on a local area network without internet access even when purchased and installed through Steam are perfectly fine candidates since there are mechanisms provided to play them without internet access.

I'm looking for game recommendations. I prefer 3D games, am fine with 2D games, but would very much like to stay away from anything textual for right now. Minecraft sucks because it is written in Java and that's bullshit; otherwise I would have been fine with it. I'm very comfortable with Terraria and that level of quality; Starbound and a few others would be great and I'm considering both already so just let me know if those are something I should move forward with. Games that require more than about $50 per player for licensing are going to take me into the requiring "donations" range and I'll put them on the list but don't count on them any time soon since we could be talking about thousands of dollars and to be honest I'm actually poor.

I'm also kind of needing to gauge what kind of pool of gamers we have here. I know a few of us are willing to make this worth while. I'm looking for players to invest at least a weekend day (Friday afternoon/night, Saturday or Sunday) or parts thereof to playing and just being online. I'd consider supporting a console multiplayer game if anybody recommends one that I feel fits the purpose of this experiment but otherwise we're talking about buying consoles and controllers and games then getting them to Forkheads all over the world… I would need some serious interest just to consider that.

So yeah, let me know what you think, recommend a few games.

congrats, I wish my game was done, we'll have 100% control of that lol. but sadly it's in offline mode and has a content of 1 quest/mission/goal... and a total of 1 ENEMY! (WHO DOESN'T MOVE) lol. I hope to rectify this situation later this fall/winter.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:45 am
Profile E-mail
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: פlᴉʇɔɥʎ¿¡Crime Squad
Games? Good games? 3D games with multiplayer and offline options? PC?

I'll see what I've got that I think is worthy of being purchased.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Yaoi Messiahs
*is currently addicted to dark souls series*
*has sucked dick several times for permission to play*
*has bent over several times in order to play*
*has begged for permission to play*
*has violently attacked in order to play*
*has raped in order to play*
*would kill in order to play*

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:57 am
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
JasperBeauclair wrote:
*is currently addicted to dark souls series*
*has sucked dick several times for permission to play*
*has bent over several times in order to play*
*has begged for permission to play*
*has violently attacked in order to play*
*has raped in order to play*
*would kill in order to play*

I think that sounds exactly like me.

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
That is fucking beautiful as fuck and I wholly endorse all that jazz but it is seven kinds of fucking not at all what I'm looking for. Thank you for playing.

Find me a way to make that a game where a PC client connects to a server and multiple people can goof off Forkheads style and you've got a winner.

As for games we make… I would cum buckets with more force than ten thousand suns in a Sex Kitten MMO… I think anything like that is kind of implied to be mandatory on the list of Forkheads hosted game servers. I'm more than happy to blah blah blah but yeah.

Again, I have a mild chub for Terraria and Starbound. I'm already hosting the Forkheads Minecraft server and two Terraria servers, I'm probably going to get Starbound soon and you can count on a server going up around then. Anything like those to any extent, where we can fuck off, customize ourselves or an area, make ourselves a virtual home type of thing.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Is teh origanal halo an option? Or am I far off.

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Starbound looks cool. I have Terraria and I'd endorse either of those.

I don't know if anyone likes Killing Floor; seems like you either play it fucktons or you're not a fan. But it's multiplayer with solo mode, I think you can host without a dedicated server though there are plenty of servers to leech off of, and it's largely team-based. But basically all you do is shoot zeds in the face. I'm not a fan of zombie games normally but killing stuff in this is pretty damn satisfying. I'd recommend you try it out before buying a half dozen copies, because it may just not be your style at all. It's fairly bland if you're not into just running around and killing shit. Though again, that part of the game is immensely satisfying.

Difficulty modes range from Easy to Hell On Earth, with Suicidal and Hell On Earth incorporating special rules beyond just zed buffs (which are limited to more health, more damage, and faster movement speed, which increase with each difficulty step.) For example, a level 6 sharpshooter, the shoot-it-in-the-face class, does 40% extra headshot damage rather than the regular 140% on Hell On Earth. I could break the whole game down here but I'd recommend you just go watch some gameplay videos if you're not familiar.

It's oldish, so there's no real issue with hardware capabilities.

Spoiler: show
MINIMUM:
Processor: 1.2 GHZ or Equivalent
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 64 MB DX9 Compliant
Hard Drive: 2 GB free hard drive space
Sound: DX 8.1 Compatible Audio

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: 2.4 GHZ or Equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 128 MB DX9 Compliant with PS 2.0 support
Hard Drive: 2 GB free hard drive space
Sound: Eax Compatible

I think several people have copies left over from Tripwire bundling it with KF2, but I'm not sure. It also goes on sale a lot. (Every Steam sale, sometimes midweek madness). It's cheapish. Here it's CAD$21.99 so that's about USD$16.50. But again, sales. Bottom line, I like it.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
KingGMY wrote:
Is teh origanal halo an option? Or am I far off.

Pretty far off. Not only is that game crap in ways I don't have time to explain but the world is very non-persistent. Garry's Mod might have been a more acceptable suggestion in terms of FPS genre but GMod is gimmicky and buggy as fuck.

Rem wrote:
Starbound looks cool. I have Terraria and I'd endorse either of those.

Well that's another vote for these two.

Rem wrote:
I don't know if anyone likes Killing Floor; seems like you either play it fucktons or you're not a fan. But it's multiplayer with solo mode, I think you can host without a dedicated server though there are plenty of servers to leech off of, and it's largely team-based.

Also not really what I'm looking for. Looks like a lot of fun but unless we were some kind of gaming crew where we'd all jump in voice chat and vote on what to play and needed to have everybody with the same lineup of games I'm not really looking for FPS stuff.

To clarify, I want games where we can build a persistent world and customize it, colonize it, make it ours. Even if we're talking about using offline map editors to make customizations I still want a persistent world.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:01 pm
Profile E-mail
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Well, there are plenty of sandbox games. But I'm not a huge sandbox game fan so I don't know. I can tell you of a few things that are bad but I won't bring it up unless someone suggests them.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:15 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Fair enough. To be honest I miss the good old days of LAN parties and would love to have a Forkheads gaming crew.

I try not to reminisce too much, I get stuck in it. Anyway, since Terraria seems to be the cheapest and easiest to get going and since I already have a running server (well, two) I'm electing it as the test bed for how much interest there is in getting a decent gaming bit going. I'll be setting up a server and civilizing the spawn location to allow fairly safe entry to all users regardless of equipment.

Expect to see the announcement by next weekend. I'll also be selecting candidates for copies for players that wish to play, can't afford the game, will actually play. I'll also be organizing events to spur gameplay; things like show off your home, boss battle of the week, Forkheads project to build something in a game, and so forth.

I'm pretty serious about this. Like I want to know when is a good time for everybody to invest a few hours so we can all get online at the same time. I'll go into greater depth when I make the announcement.

Also! My car! It's pretty fucking awesome! I'm very happy with it and have begun to spend some intimate time with it, cleaning this and that, finding this and that, fixing this and that. It's called The Grey Ghost and it's a 2005 Hyundai Sonata. Features include remote entry, I own it and it's silver! (This is Gen Spam.)

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:36 am
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
I like this idea. I'd love to game with you guys x) I'm in.

1 pcs.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:00 am
Profile E-mail
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Grats on the car. Weekends are a good time for me to fuck around, particularly Saturday and Sunday evening. (Fridays are part of the weekend.) I could even Skypu.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:06 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I need to git gud in Terraria. Fast.

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]