Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Got any... old video games? 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Got any... old video games?
Yea you, got any old video games lying around from decades gone by that you would be willing to get rid of?

Send 'em my way.

Worth a shot.

Alternatively, randomly talk about old video games or nostalgia or general retro markets/garage sales here.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:42 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Pandemonium
Post Re: Got any... old video games?
I had a Nostalgia bout a few weeks ago, reinstalled MechWarrior4 from the early 2000s, good memories.

1 pcs.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:45 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
I found Mech Warrior 2 a while back and tried to put in on my brothers laptop so he had a thing to play on the old thing. Was good to find anyway, don't remember if I got it running.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:47 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I actually got that too two days ago but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, too much shit to do IRL. Never played it as a kid either so I have no clue what to expect.

1 pcs.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:51 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
It's been a long time, and I was never very good at it. I think the one I gave him was particularly MechWarrior 2 Mercenaries. Won some award and as I recall was a pretty big deal for a while anyway. Does it hold up? I don't know.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:57 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I wasn't really good either, but then again I gave 0 fucks about multiplayer, I just liked the campaign. It's amazing how much insecurity issues you DON'T get when you avoid multiplayer.

1 pcs.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:58 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
I wasn't very good at the campaign either, but I don't think I even had a chance to play it that often back in the day.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:08 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
What sort of old games are you after? I got a few old ones, like Dreams to Reality, Dungeon Keeper in their boxes. A bit battered though (the boxes, that is). Gangsters Organized Crime, and Gangsters two. The Guild 2 Gold. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield Gold, the list goes on. I also got some old ps1 games, some ps2 games and the like.

Some of them I wont let go unless you pay me, some you can have for free since I dont care anymore.

You paying for shipping? :REESE

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:59 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
LordofFlames wrote:
What sort of old games are you after? I got a few old ones, like Dreams to Reality, Dungeon Keeper in their boxes. A bit battered though (the boxes, that is). Gangsters Organized Crime, and Gangsters two. The Guild 2 Gold. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield Gold, the list goes on. I also got some old ps1 games, some ps2 games and the like.

Some of them I wont let go unless you pay me, some you can have for free since I dont care anymore.

Depends how much shipping is really, and the games, and I might.
Dreams to Reality, Dungeon Keeper and The GUild 2 look pretty interesting, and I haven't played any of them.

I'm not looking too particularly, though in general I don't care for _most_ racing games and sports games, off the top of my head. While I like RPGs, action/adventure, and hack and slash games a lot, I enjoy just having different types of games to try out, especially if I can get them cheap. PS1 and PS2 are definitely up my ally, as well as older games too. There are some I would be willing to pay for, depending on what I have, but I also don't have a large budget right now to just spend on something I don't otherwise know a lot about and really want to play (and even then I don't have a lot of money to spend).

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
n0th1n wrote:
LordofFlames wrote:

Dreams to Reality, Dungeon Keeper and The GUild 2 look pretty interesting, and I haven't played any of them.

I'm not looking too particularly, though in general I don't care for _most_ racing games and sports games, off the top of my head. While I like RPGs, action/adventure, and hack and slash games a lot, I enjoy just having different types of games to try out, especially if I can get them cheap. PS1 and PS2 are definitely up my ally, as well as older games too. There are some I would be willing to pay for, depending on what I have, but I also don't have a large budget right now to just spend on something I don't otherwise know a lot about and really want to play (and even then I don't have a lot of money to spend).

By the sound of it, it might become a bit of a costly project, and the time/money spent might be negative for both of us. So to offer an alternative and if its cheap old games you want, I recommend gog.com and emulators. Gog release alot of older games and some new ones without DRM, mostly at decent pricing. As for console games, if you have at least a mid-range decent rig you should get an emulator. ePSXe for PS1 games and PCSX2 for ps2 games. It is also possible to get controllers working for these emus, if you dont like using the keyboard.

I reckognize the feeling of wanting to have a large variety to play, and such i recommend those two options. As they will the fastest way to fill your need. As for console games, if you cant find them online or at some shady backwater store, there are plenty of ROM sites. Emuparadise is one of them.

I like having a lot to choose from as well, wich is why I have so much. I am a collector of entertainment for myself, so to speak. :D

1 pcs.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
LordofFlames wrote:
n0th1n wrote:
LordofFlames wrote:

By the sound of it, it might become a bit of a costly project, and the time/money spent might be negative for both of us. So to offer an alternative and if its cheap old games you want, I recommend gog.com and emulators. Gog release alot of older games and some new ones without DRM, mostly at decent pricing. As for console games, if you have at least a mid-range decent rig you should get an emulator. ePSXe for PS1 games and PCSX2 for ps2 games. It is also possible to get controllers working for these emus, if you dont like using the keyboard.

I reckognize the feeling of wanting to have a large variety to play, and such i recommend those two options. As they will the fastest way to fill your need. As for console games, if you cant find them online or at some shady backwater store, there are plenty of ROM sites. Emuparadise is one of them.

I like having a lot to choose from as well, which is why I have so much. I am a collector of entertainment for myself, so to speak. :D

Haha, yea. I check out GOG and some other places from time to time and have plenty of games from similar sources (lots in my Humble Bundle Library mostly), and I've use ePSXe, PCSX and PCSX2 (and, back in the day, plenty of other emulators). I use my ps3 controller for playing games on those, but I use the actual discs I have rather than ROMs right now (I know about them and how to get them).
I just prefer having the actual original physical copies of games if I can get a hold of them for a decent price, and I have a slight bit of a retro collector mentality about me, though I've been trying to keep it at bay since I don't want to end up spending ridiculous funds (that I don't really have anyway) on games I won't likely play or anything. I also go to thrift stores and whatnot, though in the last 5 years or so that's had pretty slim pickings, at least around here.

In any case, I certainly don't need all the games you have or even all the ones you are willing to get rid of. I just thought I'd ask here if someone wants to get rid of some and see what people have, since you never know. If I knew all your games, I could narrow it down to whatever you were comfortable with (even 1, depending on what games come up).

But, if you'd really just rather not, no big deal. I'm randomly asking for games, no one has to give them to me.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:46 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Alot of quotey text, go read you lazy bastards.

Aye no worries. I mean there is always something one can do, but by the sound of it, it might be easier if there's someone from your country or at least close to it for starters :D

And I can relate to that retro feel, there is a reason I have the collection I have :P My biggest retail collections would be my PS2 and PC collection. It used to be my PS1 games were first back in the day, but I got hold of some PC games I've wanted for a while from a gamestop sale and a yard sale about the same year... think it was a few years ago.... I also took some old ps2 games of a mates hands some time back and that finished my already decent collection :P

1 pcs.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Probably, what country are you in?

The unfortunate part for me is I just happened to start getting back into retro gaming and looking for stuff right as everyone else did for some reason (or right before, or whatever). So when I first started going to thrift stores, I could find Atari 2600 games easily, and a few NES, SEGA, and SNES games lying around. I didn't pick up a whole bunch since I was still in college and would try to save some money, and I figured the stuff would always be there. I was wrong, pretty quickly.

Probably the system I want the most of is the SNES, second to that the PS1 maybe (though I love plenty of others). Unfortunately, SNES never hit as rock bottom as other things as it didn't have time before retro gaming absolutely exploded, and has started climbing up in price and difficulty to find good games. PS1 is something I do still find pretty often, but the better games are harder to come by as people grab them up quick. Actually, one of the most annoying things is the bigger thrift stores near me have "bazaars" attached with some game stores that I know go over in the morning, buy up whatever is worth having, and then put up for sale at market price or usually higher. I don't think they do particularly well, but they take things out of the cheaper market and just have them until they die (one died and then another place that wasn't only games, but just randomly games on the side, started doing it too).
But yea, I like a lot about retro games. The tech/hardware is pretty fascinating to me as well.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:18 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
yeah i know that feeling of love for retro games i have a number of nes and snes games myself that i played a lot when i was a kid though i still play them sometimes especially mario games i want to finally beat one (i got really close on super mario bros. 3 about 7 years ago) i was late to the party though for most of the games i played as a kid i got my nes and snes in... i think it was around 2003 but yeah i know them feels

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
n0th1n wrote:
Probably, what country are you in?

Sweden :P And aye, they do vanish quickly dont they? Although I've managed to stay away from the stores that sell older games at old retail, I've still seen it.

1 pcs.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:23 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next