Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Triple birthdays! 
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Triple birthdays!
Remember tuna kitten? It's ....its.... birthday, today. Emblazoned on the side of this fish is a name that many oldfags will recognize - that of glaria the granny!. Happy birthday, tunakitten!

Next up is one of the first lemons to ever grace FH! - Happy birthday to Lemonofhavoc!

Last, but defenitely not the least - happy birthday to one of the members of FH who managed to hang onto life after the end of the world! This one goes out to carsitopyg!

4 pcs.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:07 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Triple birthdays!
In unread posts this was the last thread listed on the last page. Thor's day, 18 September 2014. That was a while ago but I doubt the oldest thread here. I wonder where those members went off to. The world sure is a big place. I sometimes contemplate the world as if it were non-hazardous, such that we could wander aimlessly and never worry, and the people that inhabit our world if we all suddenly stopped being sentient and without aggression of instinct began to roam the world.

I think about how people would scatter, the nooks and crannies of the world dotted with former humans, people lining the shores staring out into the vast oceans unable to wonder about the nature of the seemingly endless field of water. I think of people staring at trees up close, no mind to be blank as squirrels clamber up and inspect the strange beings that wander harmlessly through the forest. I think about cars absorbed by rust and the overly green leaves of ivy overtaking relics with people still inside no longer able to manipulate what may as well be an infinitely complex handle mechanism.

As I think about these things I think about what mattered to these people before, when they had sentience and what they did with it. How does this tranquil life compare to how they lived before? Given the choice how would they prefer they world? Themselves? Is this something for which they may have longed? Would they see more of the world or less? Given our current levels and advancements in technology would they become closer to nature or even venture farther than if they had retained their sentience?

I think about animals rendered benign by the axioms of this hypothetical world and how they would treat the population of puppets roaming the wilds. I imagine large animals, bears and such, inspecting the people with curiosity and playfulness. I imagine small animals, rodents and the like, considering the people part of the landscape and treating them with indifference. I imagine animals that are even now friendly towards us, our cats and dogs, looking after us and living their own lives only checking in on their former owners out of habit as if to anchor themselves to the ever changing world that turned alien to them when we went blank.

This hypothetical world is a strange place. I like spending my mind there.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffcoâ„¢ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]