Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 HOLY SHIT NEWS! #43 
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Holy Shit News Block
Post HOLY SHIT NEWS! #43
Hell-o & Whalecum to the 43rd edition of HSN!

- Nintendo has officially announced their newest console, the Nintendo Switch! It is a hybrid of a home/handheld. However, unlike the Wii U, it can be taken on the go* (It's battery life lasts about 3 hours, bummer) and it has a normal controller. Wonderful! How's the 3rd party support, though? :errg Either way, looks cool.

- I'll just be quite honest, there isn't much news today, so this would end here. However, seeing as how this HSN would suck, I'm gonna be reviewing a movie... In-Depth this time. Tonight's movie is gonna be Shin Godzilla (Godzilla Resurgence). I will warn you all that there will be SPOILERS!!! I you don't want to hear how the movie goes, then GTFO. We good? Good!

So the movie starts up just like the original 1954 classic with the Toho logo, followed by footsteps and Godzilla's iconic roar as the screen says the name of the movie. We then get some destruction footage immediately as the movie starts up. Some from a POV perspective similar to Cloverfield. Anyway, they see the emerging Godzilla in his 1st form which looked like a mix between the big G, a fish, and Zilla (Godzilla 98) spewing out what I would assume is blood out of his gills or some shit. So after some more destruction scenes, the classic music from 1954 plays and Godzilla evolves into his 2nd form, now starting to look more like himself. The humans are trying to figure out what this new monster is, where according to some legend, the monster is called "Gojira" and even compare him to God. Later, they find Godzilla in his 3rd, fully evolved form* (Later on, they mention he has a 4th form that would allow him flight, but is never seen) as the classic Godzilla theme plays as he's wrecking shit. The military try to stop him, but surprise, shit doesn't work.

As they try to keep shooting him, Godzilla opens his mouth in a rather creepy ass way (his lower jaw splits in half) and fires his Atomic Breath (now purple) first in a huge ass beam, then narrowing down to a thinner beam. Eventually showing that he could fire beams from is dorsal fins and the tip of his tail. Godzilla eventually runs out of energy and rests in a solid state. After more dialogue of trying to stop him and finding out he feeds on radiation, they devise a plan to stop Godzilla. However, the Americans want to launch a nuclear bomb at Godzilla to stop him (ha ha, that shit never works) and the Japanese find a way to stop him, by using a Coagulant to inject inside of Godzilla. By using trains with bombs and knocking buildings on him, they manage to knock him down long enough to get it into his mouth and leaving him in a frozen state. They call off the nuclear bomb, by agreed to launch it if Godzilla ever reawakens. The ending showing people with Godzilla's dorsal fins frozen on his tail.

I thought the movie was fuckin' amazing. Hideaki Anno, you're a fuckin' genius!!! This movie felt like a combination of Godzilla and Evangelion in a good way. It has a combination of Evangelion music (same guy from Eva did the music here) and the original music by Akira Ifukube. Godzilla himself looked absolutely terrifying (maybe even "Absolute Terror" could describe him? :shinjif ). For CGI, he looks and moves like he should (as in a guy in a rubber suit). The shots with Godzilla looked stunning, seeing him from POV angles made him look large as he should. The night shots with him especially looked amazing, also reminding me of Eva as Godzilla is glowing. There is some dialoge about the Japanese government and the Americans looking like crazy mother fuckers who want to bomb shit or something, which is very Godzilla like (they did this in Godzilla 84 as well). I'm glad they didn't kill Godzilla, but took him out successfully without making Godzilla look like a pussy (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, GODZILLA 98!!!) Plus, all the complaints I had with the 2014 movie are rectified in this one. Example being that when ever Godzilla appeard, they would cut away and show the end of the fight with the M.U.T.O's. However, in this one, when you see him, he's there! This movie does not fuck around. I also like that they used something to counter his nuclear energy to weaken him, similar to Godzilla 84 when they used Cadmium based weaponry to use against him. Little bit of Eva flavor if you're into it, too. It works, actually.

Overall, this movie will go down as my #1 movie of 2016. Hell, it did so good that Funimation ran the movie for an additional week after it's initial run. Even making over $1 million dollars in the Box Office. For an Indie Movie as they call it, that is unheard of. If you can see it, SEE IT!!! Give them the money, prove to them that they need to make a sequel. If they can get Anno back, maybe a Godzilla vs. Evangelion movie may happen? Seeing as how "G V. E" was the merch for the movie, I don't see why they can't make it a reality. I give the movie a 5/5.

This is the madassgamer and I'm gonna hop on the Godzilla hype train!

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:19 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: HOLY SHIT NEWS! #43
there is apparently plans for a "Godzilla vs. Evangelion" movie http://otakumode.com/news/56ff330738235 ... -Announced!

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I think GAINAX is starting to whore out what IPs are left now that almost everyone has left the studio.

PS: I'm back - not that I was ever known - Who do I go to for a name change?

Now where's Yue and that other Nodoka with my crackpipe?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:28 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Mahora-27 wrote:
I think GAINAX is starting to whore out what IPs are left now that almost everyone has left the studio.

PS: I'm back - not that I was ever known - Who do I go to for a name change?

that would be YomToxic.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:38 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Aight. I'll shoot em a PM here in a bit.

Now where's Yue and that other Nodoka with my crackpipe?

Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:40 am
Profile E-mail
ANTI-POPE
ANTI-POPE

Cash on hand:
Group: hanzo ord3r
O Campeonato Sergipano de Futebol de 2006 foi a 88º edição do torneio e teve como campeão o Pirambu, que assim conquistou seu primeiro título estadual e garantiu vaga na Copa do Brasil 2007 e no Campeonato Brasileiro da Série C de 2006. O vice-campeão, Confiança, conquistou a segunda vaga do estado para a Série C de 2006. Os seis melhores colocados se classificaram para a Copa Governo do Estado de Sergipe de 2006.[1]

Índice

The very image of a king

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]