Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 HOLY SHIT NEWS! #97: SomebodyElse Fills In! 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post HOLY SHIT NEWS! #97: SomebodyElse Fills In!
HOLY SHIT NEWS! #97
Hey you fuckers, and welcome to the 97th edition of HSN, Forkheads' dedicated news source.

Someone has probably been like, "WOAH WOAH WOAH! SBE! WHERE IS MADASS!? ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WHOLE OF FORKHEADS!? STOP YOUR IMPERIALIST BULLSHIT!"

To that I say, sort of, but I'm not a warmonger. I'm not here to take it over completely, and not as a dictator, that just runs things into a rut. In fact, my goals of taking over the arcade have already been met. Besides, I'm actually here filling in for our main writer due to personal business in his first life. SL jokes aside, let's fucking do this.

~ POLITICS ~
Because everyone likes to know which government is fucking which citizens.
Spoiler: show
-Romania is having a lovely little party as an estimated ten thousand citizens of Romania have gathered in the capital in protest of corruption. The chants range from talking about how democracy is fucked to justice being fucked, not to mention the ear-raping sounds of plastic vuvuzelas. "But what is this corruption?" You ask. Well, a few days ago, legislation was brought up in the government that is said to weaken efforts to root out corruption. From the sounds of said legislation, a person with criminal history would be allowed to be elected president, and the justice minister would be given the ability to name the country's top prosecutors. A corrupt system to be in place indeed, and many magistrates, ambassadors, and even the European Union are opposed to said legislation. This is said to be the biggest protest since the fall of communism in Romania. Lawmakers are likely to vote on it in the coming weeks, and if you stand against the legislation, be sure to share the word on Facebook. If you want to discuss it, post down below!

-So, Israel... Not a day goes by when some place in the middle east gets involved in the news - and that's not necessarily all bad. However, this entry involves five dead bodies. Yep, five Palestinian militants were found dead due to a tunnel demolition on the Gaza Strip border. Another seven were found on the Gaza side of the frontier, raising the death count to twelve. On the upside, neither Israel nor Gaza militants have sought to escalate this issue further.

-On November 3rd, Saudi Arabia did something interesting, and I wasn't sure if I should put this in science or politic, but I feel it's more political. What they did was grant citizenship to the robot "Sophia" making it the first country in the world to grant citizenship to a robot! Just recently she appeared in a conference held in Riyadh and afterwards, due to her very human responses and intelligence, was granted citizenship, saying that she felt very honoured. Before being granted it, she was also recognized for beating Jimmy Fallon in a game of Jankenpon (Rock-Paper-Scissors). The irony is that she has more rights than even the women in Saudi Arabia. Yep! A robot with more rights than actual human women. Well fuck. Bear in mind, many people are still quite... Appalled at this motion... Oh, and she assures humans that evil robots are not going to be a problem. A quote from her, "My artificial intelligence has been designed in such a way that I possess human values including kindness, compassion, and wisdom. I strive to be as empathetic as a robot can be." Tell us what you think down below!

-Finally, to end this politics section, we'll tackle my shores... Canadian news! What better than for me to slam the current Prime Minister of Canada who everyone hates, Justin Trudeau! Well, okay, maybe not directly, but we do have a leak that came in regarding one of his advisors, Stephen Bronfman. Apparently, leaked papers showed that he helped move millions of dollars off Canadian shores. Something I and many other Canadians don't take to very lightly due to the shit state of our economy. He engaged this through his family investment company, and has corroborated with the US, Israel, and the Cayman Islands. Further, the documents show a close relationship between two wealthy parties who helped move these funds to the Cayman Islands. One was Bronfman, and the other was a Leo Kolber, a former Canadian senator. All this is bullshit, and Canadian funds need to be kept on Canadian soil! Or, better yet, let the US annex Canada, or at least Alberta, because no one wants the liberal party besides SJWs, college students, marijuana junkies, and people who don't get the bigger fucking picture that our country is facing.With the Canadian dollar dropping in value more and more, and likely to drop further with another minimum wage increase, what's the point of even living in Canada!? More info on the leaked papers here. Comment your thoughts below.

~ SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY ~
Everything a Forkhead needs to kick some ass!
-Well, while I agree with Trump on many issues, the global warming one is kinda fucky for me. And a discovery by the US has shown that global warming is stronger than ever. This contradicts a lot of the top officials of President Trump, and is actually a part of an assessment conducted every four years (alongside a second assessment). Yet, a shock to many who thought this would get censored, the 477 page report is actually available in full. Then again, science isn't science if it isn't completely transparent. Further, it even goes on to demonstrate that it's extremely likely that global warming is a man-made phenomena, with the Earth warming by one degree Celsius (1.8 in Fahrenheit), and the oceans rising by eight inches since 1900. The cause? Spewing carbon dioxide into the air from burning coal and oil, and over the past century, there are no convincing alternatives. The long term effects, should this continue, includes the slowing of the Atlantic Ocean currents, which would drastically warp weather around the globe, and the further melting of ice sheets in the north, raising sea levels even further. The worst? The thawing of permafrost, releasing more methane and carbon dioxide, causing the planet to heat further. The water in the ocean is likely to become more acidic, and drop in oxygen levels, killing a large portion of sea life, and further changes will affect not only our water and our weather, but our food and air as well. Overall, global warming is fucking shit, and we want to hear your opinions on what we can do to help lower or even eliminate the threat of global warming.

Given that the above is huge, I'm going to only do two more for the science section.

-Apparently, Twitter was having issues with #bisexual and #gay searches, both of which not producing results. They plan on fixing that. Not much more to be said on that. Though I found it amusing how one source said some of the LGBTQ users were "alarmed" like it's a huge fucking crisis. If you're alarmed because Twitter can't deliver, take to a different platform. Then again, Twitter is shit anyways.Of course, many are crying out, saying it's tampering, or filtering content, but with the board on Twitter, I find it unlikely. Regardless, issue will be fixed, Twitter is still pretty shitty, moving on.

-Last thing for Sci/Tech, Apple Watches are crashing when asked about the weather. It may have to do with the DST, but who knows? Do people even have these things? Why not buy a fucking cell phone? Or a regular watch to go with your cell phone? Whatever the case, they're apparently on fixing it.

... And Twitter is still shit.

This seems to be plenty. I'm not too big on sports or entertainment, but these things are more my forte. I'm actually better at reporting military shit, but hey, no one's doing too much on those fronts. In any case, I'm SomebodyElse, that's SBE, the Arcade Corps, and this was Holy Shit News #97. I'm gonna go strangle myself with an Apple Watch while accessing Twitter before the Earth goes to shit.

Thoughts? Comments? Drop em' down below. Want to sign up for the HSN writing team? Head to your usergroups page and request to join the Holy Shit News Block! New issue every Sunday!

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: HOLY SHIT NEWS! #97: SomebodyElse Fills In!
You imperialist scum~ ;D

Good job.

4 pcs.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:28 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
A TOUHOU GAME IS GONNA BE RELEASED ON STEAM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/74588 ... r_Seasons/
HOLY SHIT
FINALLY IT HAS HAPPENED
A BIT MORE THAN A WEEK TO GO
You can play as Cirno!

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:54 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
PuristMcBumass wrote:
A TOUHOU GAME IS GONNA BE RELEASED ON STEAM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/74588 ... r_Seasons/
HOLY SHIT
FINALLY IT HAS HAPPENED
A BIT MORE THAN A WEEK TO GO
You can play as Cirno!

:9 :awesome :9 :awesome :9 :awesome :9

Speaking of Cirno...

YOU now have a chance at naming a far-distant icy object called MU69.
Do your patriotic duty!
Cirno
Surely, she's the strongest.
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Cirno

4 pcs.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:45 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
in other news... though the original minitheatre.org died due to lack of funds it is in the process of being revived and improved here is the most recent update (from september 23) about the new site from their facebook page

MT and MTv2 Update

1. We lost the MT server because we are poor. We asked for 50$ donation and only received 5$ . Our members want everything for free.

2. We may loose our domain as well, because of the empty treasury and because we can't access our namecheap account. Password reset is not working as well. We are trying.

3. MTv2 development is still ongoing. It's slow, but we want to make something good. Let's hope we can finish it soon and can manage to get enough money to host the new site.

4. One of our main MTv2 Developer Ria Sen got hospitalized due to Dengu Fever. Hopefully she will recover soon.

Regards.

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:56 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
What the hell is MT? Why should we give a damn about minitheatre?

Oh, I just found a effective means to eliminate mosquitoes, will put into note.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_ovitrap

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
RV-007 wrote:
What the hell is MT? Why should we give a damn about minitheatre?

"MT" is minitheatre obviously minitheatre is/was a good anime download site and if i recall correctly yom is a fan of minitheatre

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
They may be dead, but their methods will live on. We will hold the torch of streamlined anime and pass on this sacred knowledge for many generations.

4 pcs.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:59 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
And now some sad news.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/11/ ... y-out-bid/

*ANGRY DOG NOISES*

4 pcs.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:59 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Roy Moore Senate candidate has more explanation to do in terms of the charges of child attacks.

France scrambling over their own damage, years of 1980ish MidEast involvement to be reviewed.

Former intelligence state that a case of manipulation over Trump is possible. As long as there is no insider games, well, claim much more plausible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]