Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 About Dragon Age 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post About Dragon Age
I'd post this in Video Games where it belongs but no one ever goes there. :P

Just got it, just dipped into it, and I've gotta say that BioWare has done it again...this game is fucking awesome. One good reason is that there's a straight-up lesbian sex scene available. Unlike Mass Effect which justifies the lezbo scene as having it with an alien from a mono-gender race that can actually mate with males or females of other species, this is with (I'm guessing by her name) a female elf (the video is up on youtube, her name is Leliana) as such it truly is a straight-up lezbo scene. I haven't gotten that far in the game so that's why I'm guessing she's an elf (her hair hides her ears so I can't say for sure). However, unlike Mass Effect, it seems that during the sex scenes the characters still wear their underwear, so that's kinda lame.

Other than that, the game is just as addicting as Mass Effect. It's hard to say exactly why (maybe it's just because I enjoy RPGs). I could say the great and yadda-yadda-yadda, but that's all been said before. Suffice to say that if you like RPGs and the work BioWare has done in the past, you'll enjoy this game.

P.S. Morrigan is easily the sexiest video game char since Tifa Lockheart. :twisted

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:22 am
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Post Re: About Dragon Age
One thing I do find interesting is how BioWare seems to have a fetish with making the main character some kind of super-elite warrior off the world in which they exist. With Knights of the Old Republic, it's obvious they make you a Jedi. With Mass Effect, they make you a super-agent Spectre capable of saving the entire galaxy with nothing more than a 7 "man" team. In this game you are a Grey Warden, part of an elite group of warriors and mages with the power to unite the land against the evil that threatens it.

Heh BioWare is nothing if not an ego-booster. :P

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:10 am
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the blood spatter covering the characters while they talk, and no one reacts oddly to it.

I enjoyed the ending. WANT ME TO GIVE IT AWAY?!

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:12 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Nah, chances are I'll guess it before the end anyways as I did with Mass Effect (well, the general idea of the ending seeing as how there's 4 different endings. :P) But speaking of which, I will ask if there are multiple endings or just one generalized one no matter your race/class...perhaps they shot their load all over the 6 unique openings.

P.S. I wish Morrigan was the lesbian...she certainly seems more the type and she's cum-all-over-her-armpits sexy. :twisted

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:09 am
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Oh, you can fuck her... multiple times....

Also, I assume multiple endings. I only achieved one but I'm damn sure there are other's.

Bubba wrote:

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
I heard there are six endings.

I got the game during Black Friday, played it a couple of times. It's pretty good, but not nearly as good as Oblivion or Fallout 3.

Do like the blood splatter thing, just like The Suffering.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Yeah, a simple check of the achievements reveals that there are multiple endings as one of them is to have seen them all.

I do agree, it's no Oblivion (never bothered with Fallout 3...not exactly sure why I let that one pass me by, just didn't really have any interest in it). For that matter, I must say that I liked Mass Effect more than I'm enjoying this game...I think it's because ME was based upon ranged shoot-outs and not 6 werewolves raping you in the face. Though difficult, I still consider this game very fun...an acceptable distraction from my apparent sucking at Modern Warfare 2 (Interestingly enough, a guy I met on MW1 is actually still playing MW1).

I must say that I do like the elf assassin dude you get, I like his personality and the fact that he sounds like Antonia Banderas. But I'd imagine he's the elf referenced in the PA comic I posted in another topic...the one you can have gay-buttsecks with. That's really my only problem with him. But in the formation of my ideal party for this play-through, I believe he'll make a good fit.

On a side note, Two Worlds might have been the shittiest RPG I've ever played, dear god, I didn't even make it 3 hours into that game...or maybe it was 3 hours. All I know is that I completed the initial "get to know the game" dungeon, then got into a fight with a boar that lasted for 3 in-game days. Never played it again.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:26 pm
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
well, over all I like MW2 the most.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:46 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
One thing I don't like about this game is the length of the main-plot quests. Getting the elves to join the battle was straight forward enough, enter camp, enter the woods, enter the ruins, choose how you want to end it, Bam, cross them off the list.

But for fuck's sake, hunting down the urn of ashs for Arl Limp-Dicked-Panzy was a pain in the ass. Nah, it's not enough that you spent 3 hours preparing for and killing an undead horde. It's not as though you didn't have to sneak into the castle and clear it out room by room ultimately expelling the demon from the lands. No, they still felt it necessary to send youh across the map 3 times with random encounters for each one, only end up in a village where you end up having to kill everyone, then delve into a 2 hour dungeon.

Just got the mages to join for the final battle...I stepped into their tower at 10 pm last night...saved immediately after the dude said "We'll help the Grey Wardens" right around 3 am.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:25 am
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
The Mage quest was the biggest pain in the ass in the whole game. I'll tell you that right now.

Bubba wrote:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
No, you wanna know what the biggest pain in the ass about this game is? The fact that you can walk into a room and immediately get "stunned" in some form or another by 6 different ranged enemies while the melee rush you. Finally! Got unfrozen! Maybe I can attack now! Nope, got knocked down, and in the 10 minutes it takes to stand back up, you're already dead before you even get off your ass.

I'm very happy that I went mage with blood mage and arcane warrior as my specs. I've taken the rule of thumb that, if you're about to open a door, switch on Blood Magic and throw the area spell that chokes everyone at whatever's on the other side. And even then, miss one mage or one archer and you're paralyzed, stunned, or knocked down. That or you're dead like 10 seconds after you open the door anyways. I almost don't even want to know what the game's like for classes that don't use magic...

But yeah, that mage quest was a fucking beast. Clear the tower, clear all the dream realms including a boss, come back and you get to clear some more rooms and fight a super boss...5 fucking hours, and my party didn't get wiped out even once.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:52 pm
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
But I'll let all that slide, because you can be straight up lesbians with a hot, deliciously voiced rogue chick and afterwords have a lez-out-make-out session with her any time you please.

Kinda puts the whole game in perspective I think.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:54 pm
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Remember The Sims: Livin' Large where you can have sex?
I got chicks to have sex all the time in that game...

as for mainstream games, did The Sims start it all? Lesbian sex, that is.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:36 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
I'd say technically no...there were plenty of hentai video games released in Japan before the sims came out (I know they had'em as early as their SNES). I'm certain there were some lesbian scenes in some of those. But I guess it depends on just what you mean by "mainstream"...as they were mainstream over there, but obviously never released over here.

As for having sex on the Sims, that's no big deal. There was actually a scandal over some 14 year old girl (I forget where from) running a brothel in Sims Online, making guys pay with Pay Pal and then whoring out some other "girl"...as in she had real life employees playing girls for her online brothel and actually making money off of it.

On a side-note undoubtedly brought to the surface thanks to sweet Mary Jane, I suddenly find myself thinking about various Law and Order episodes in which they're pursuing an internet criminal but they can't track him because all his funding is through Pay Pal.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:09 pm
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
:P For being a fabled witch who has lived centuries by stealing people's bodies, Flemmeth the Dragon was rather easy...though at first sight I thought I was proper fucked considering what happened when I hit the gong on the mountain with the ashes.

Also, fuck the Deep Roads, I'm not staying up another 4 fucking hours. :evil

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next