Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Concluding Thoughts on Dragon Age 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Concluding Thoughts on Dragon Age
Finally, after 60+ hours of game-play, I've defeated the Archdemon. Here are my final thoughts on the game.

While I was a little disappointed that the Darkspawn looked identical to the orcs as depicted in the LotR movies, I did enjoy the story and found it quite compelling. Any game that lets you make a female char and bust out with some sweet lezbo action is alright in my book. :P The fighting was engaging, if not repetitive (but in truth, what RPG isn't repetitive when it comes to fighting? You get your party, you get your badass attacks, and that's all you use.) The graphics were pretty good, the spells looks sweet, and I don't know if it's just me, but I get so swept up in the suspension of disbelief that I actually have to ponder over the deeper decisions the game calls for you to make.

As for the negatives of the game, maybe I just sucked at it, maybe I was building my class wrong; I don't know. But holy shit this game was hard, and I was playing it on normal (as I went mage, I didn't want to worry about frying my party with my AoE spells...I don't see how you could use those spells with Friendly Fire on). It was just way too easy to die within the first 5 seconds of a battle if you walked into the wrong area and weren't prepared/didn't notice the two enemy mages hiding in the corner. I got fucked-over far too many times by walking into a room and getting stunned in some form or another six times in a row and thus dying before I can even cast a spell. I enjoy a challenging game as it's not just a simple walk-through a fantasy story...if I wanted that I'd just read a book. But god damn, did they REALLY have to make every new room designed specifically to kill the ffirst person to walk through a newly open door? Also, while obviously some enemies are going to be stronger than others, I didn't like the fact that if you didn't take care of enemy casters immediately you didn't stand a chance in the fight...at least I didn't.

As for technical complaints, as I mentioned in the other topic, I thought the game was way too long. I say that because in the worst case for me (the dwarven quests) I started one day after work, played for five hours, and called it quits at 11 pm because I refused to stay up till 2 in the morning as I had with the Redcliff quest and the Mage Tower quest. I come back the next day, ready to start what I considered to be the second half of the Dwarf quests, and 5 hours and 3 bosses later I had finally completed it. Beyond that there were a number of graphical bugs and a few times where the voice overs got fucked up and didn't play when have.

Perhaps it was my love for Mass Effect that caused me to enjoy this game. All in all I'd say this could be one of the best RPGs I've everr played....if it weren't completely full of bullshit of a wide variety.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:39 am
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Concluding Thoughts on Dragon Age
See, everyone I talk to tells me they found it hard... but I played on normal, and could count the times I died on my hands.

True, I chose a Warrior class... but damn, it wasn't THAT hard. Hell, I die more playing Halo's Library level...

My greatest disapointment was that even though I refused to fuck whats her face right before the final fight... she still ended up pregnant with my child :x

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:51 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
lol fuckin' owned. I too told her to go fuck herself *drum rimshot* when she made that offer. But that's kinda how it always is, mages are killing machines but tend to get killed themselves. I can understand and accept this...but that doesn't excuse the fact that you get stun-locked way too often in that game. If you're not out-right stunned by something, you're getting knocked back and taking your sweet-ass time in getting back up. If that's not happening, you're getting paralyzed. Or even better: you're getting trapped in an enemy attack where they eat your face off, taking you from full health to dead in a matter of moments and there ain't shit you can do about it.

Also, the lack of a New Game+ option is pretty shitty.

Heh, apparently I wasn't as good as I could have been in the game...never did kill the dragon guarding the ashes, so no one got to go visit them. I chose the general to become the king of the dwarves and everyone ended up hating him. Having destroyed the anvil (one of the decisions I left to a coin toss), apparently the dwarves sought it out and tried to rebuild it, their first golem went insane and killed a buncha people. I made the deal with the demon in Redcliff to get the Blood Mage spec so the boy ended up getting claimed by the demon. The wandering elves were still pissed off at the humans and vice-versa. The city elves ended up being put down in riots. Really the only truly "happy ending" was for the Mages, as I decreed that they could be free as my reward for beating the game......though the templar dude ended up going insane and running off, indiscriminately murdering any mage he came across. And apparently my decision to go travel the world was a bad one as the remaining dark spawn formed roaming bands and war parties that caused havoc across the land.

Kinda fucked that one up. :P

But at least I got to ride off into the sunset with my girlfriend, where we had many adventures, shared stories and experiences, and every night had sweet, hot, passionate lesbian sex till the break of dawn. :P

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:28 am
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
^ My thoughts exactly.I guess I play too many times it wasn't that hard... then again I have it for the 360. Which I've been told is easier.

Spoiler: show

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]