Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dragon Age: Round 2 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Dragon Age: Round 2
Made a noble dwarven warrior this time, hopefully things won't be so frustrating this go-around. Heh, I must admit I had a good laugh at the fact that the dwarven noble opening story includes the possibility for a hot, kinky, midget threesome with two sluts looking to improve their social status by fucking a noble. I'm going 2-sword spec for this run, so far I'm liking it's killing power. Gonna be a complete and total asshole this time around as last time I tried my best to keep things neutral - making some asshole decisions as well as some righteous ones.

P.S. I made this a separate topic because I wanted 40 instead of 20...though I doubt I'll ever buy anything from the shop as - to my knowledge - items still stack so repeated buying doesn't show the same item more than once :twisted

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:08 pm
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Dragon Age: Round 2

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Dragon Age: Round 2
Well I must say that over the past couple days, my opinion of Dragon Age has dropped considerably. Humorous as it is to make a dwarf noble and arrange for some hot midget three-way action during the opening quest, and even funnier getting a sexy witch to fuck you, the second play-through has revealed a number of short-comings that I find rather disappointing.

As mentioned before, no new game+ option, but whatever. What I find really lame is that all the merchants sell exactly the same stuff as they did in the previous game. I was already rather frustrated with the fact that they never replenished their stock or received new items as in most RPGs these days (meaning there's actually a finite number of items in the game....not that there needs to be infinite, but there's absolutely no variety), but coming to find out that all the merchants have the same bullshit every play through is just ridiculous. Things like this detract heavily from the replay value - a value that stems strongly from a game's ability to be different with every play through. This game, the only real difference is what opening story you chose to play and the flip-a-coin decisions you make on your way through. Also, I'm not 100% certain because I can't say I've paid enough attention...but I've got a very strong feeling that even the loot tables are exactly the same on every play through...if that's true then Dragon Age is a much shittier game than I or anyone else could have ever expected. There really seems to be no actual substance to this game beyond the humorous conversations your companions carry on with each other and the story itself. But if I wanted those things I could just go read a book that didn't cost me $65.

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]