Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 How to access the FH Arcade and Gallery! (With Pictures!) 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post How to access the FH Arcade and Gallery! (With Pictures!)
So recently we re-opened the arcade, and the method to reach it isn't exactly easy. However, it's just like accessing our gallery (which is also in need of use... wink wink). Therefore, this guide is for accessing both the Arcade and Gallery.

At the top of the page, you'll see the banner, a second banner, and then a banner just underneath that. Pay attention to that third banner... (Note: SBE knows it's not really a banner, he's just calling it that for the sake of ease.)

What you want to do is mouse over "Home" like so.

Then click "Arcade" or "Gallery" under the Portal heading. Both of these can be found in the second row. All games are free to play, but you will need special access if you want to download them.

Have fun!

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:35 am
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post Re: How to access the FH Arcade and Gallery! (With Pictures!
Why now all of a sudden? Why? Is it because it's just Halloween? Trick or treat? Are there any differences compared to the access message board section?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Basically, it boils down to "I felt like it."

Admittedly, I WAS jumping gun, I should have asked Yom or another admin's permission, but I see this as key to FH's continued growth. I mean, Forkheads makes games and flashes, it would be a shame to not feature those games and flashes on our site. Therefore, I took the total initiative in opening it up. Of course, I also take full responsibility for the running of it because of my initiative.

That said, in regards to your final question, I think you're referring to the chat? If so, the chat is still experiencing difficulties, but discord chat can be accessed via link. I don't have an ETA on when AJAX is coming back (if it is), but I'd assume if it isn't by December, I'd say we're likely to have a new chat with the new site design.

However, I'd petition to have the above chat links link to discord via the link in this post.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Well, I actually talking about another set of downloads found in the message board. I can see a list of FH (or FH) thematic titles. Nevertheless to say, I am confused why there is another list. It's easier to access, I admit, but there's probably a really good reason why users must comply to the requirements and ask permission to gain (special) access to various topics regarding downloads as you can say.

---

Now onwards to speaking about the arcade and gallery re-opening. I believe that yes, this is allowing access for users to experience and navigate social media mediums, particularly for both the author and audience. Freedom of whatevers, yes, blah, blah, blah.

If it's about trying to gather more visitors, well, it could be a different story. However, I once know some sites that don't give a shit and all it matters depends on the determination of the owner. Making the product to speak for itself is definitely a marketing trend meat. However, it solely is just product. If there are extra things like maybe services or what not, that's might sell more visits/interests.

I myself believe that this site alone, is both product/service and can market itself based on the benefit it provides for the visitor/customer. You got the capability to spam with leniency from persecution. You can post material regardless of the rating board patrol, which is non-existent. Yes, there can be mis-communication problems and all these things, but that can be just a part of life, all around the world. Some people accept it, some people don't. Most boards out there, have moderator guidelines to keep a certain atmosphere in check. I would usually call it rated G or some thing like that. If I dig it, I dig it. Usually, it's the board that don't dig.

Okay, the freedom stuff is definitely a big step. I happened to see and hope that the image feature works out. However, I get that freedom might merit a priceline and sometimes image hosting can be hell. On the other hand, those fucking image hosting services out there are being quite autocratic. So yeah, dead links and kinks are quite bummer. The open game section? I dunno. I supposed that the special access is the main index?

It's my assumption that this recent change is more of a marketing move to gather more visitors. However, I see the image hosting to be a technical circumvent around the dead links problem. I supposed I can pitch in to advertise the place. I mean, you think 4chan is board? forkheads is board! Images and shit category interface like a bad 90s site (not that I really care much for the interface of the 90s sites, they fun in their own novel kind of way)? Just images and bad interface functionality, with posting that looks like shit! Yeah, you're free to post as guest about anything, but damn, it's like those bad shitty guestbook things! You probably cannot figure out all the fucking clutter around; even with the archives, they are fucked! I'll admit, you can find plenty of things, but it's like jumping in the dump. I'm surprised that forkheads get a unique user database, but that could be a good thing among developers and things like that. 4chan is like a 90s site, but lots of shit coming from it. Now, I do respect the freedom of internet, but there comes a hesitation on whether the other circle would be mutual in understanding. I mean, yeah, anon, trollzness, and shit like that happens. As far as I know, I pretty much like how things go around here. A former internet friend of mines did encourage me to participate in 4chan. I welcomed that 4chan potential in me, but the site itself was going a bit tether in communication garage (also, no guests in irc, but guests in posting? you know, wtf?). Yes, the content can be horrible there too, but I understand that it was/is shitz and gigglez to the site. More likely, I see myself as a troll contributer back then. I didn't go too much on images. You know, I see games and shit like that around, you know, oh yeah, okay. The guy eventually went on his own cliche, but I think that was the last straw in my just mostly trollness. Whatevers. More about 4chan, yeah, they are like freedom, but sometimes, its the freedom that infringes upon the freedom of others. That's when you know, they become fucked up, like those corporate file suits or something ego like that. Yes, I am afraid of the 4chan plague for its potential to attack communities, which is shit. I don't want it to trash down on the fh (dis/pro-)contributons for the net. For I know, fh got potential due to its long standing staying power. I tried several sites like this one, but none can be that open or enduring. I understand that this site, is more likely, to either side with a bit parody or engage in manga instances. However, it can break out as the freedom of speech thing as well! So yeah, if you guys think that fh is ready to advertise in 4chan (and of its potential danger), let me know.

Back to advertisement, I can advertise the site to other (the focus is usually manga or some other media mediums; no disputed/conflicted meshes, just like fh intended) ircs. You guys mind? If you're looking for a certain market trend (or not *death gasps*), let me know!

_
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
AH, THAT'S WHAT YOU MEANT! Yeah, the main deal with Special Access, I'll talk about at the end of this post. However, I will assure you, that there wasn't any sort of marketing involved in my opening of the Arcade.

This is exactly what transpired.

~~~~~~~~~~ A few days ago... ~~~~~~~~~~

>SomebodyElse (Me)
>Patrolling for potential adbot accounts as usual.
>Gets bored.
>Puts himself in Moderators usergroup because it's basically what he is.
>Forgets stuff for a while.
>Comes back and adds more accounts to the expanding list.
>Jumps in admin control panel.
>Realizes he has arcade access.
>Holy shit moment.
>Was always told that the arcade got nuked and assumed nothing of it remained.
>Sees it was disabled.
>Enables it, makes it free, but limits downloads to Special Access Users.
>Gets warned by Yom for jumping gun.
>Takes responsibility anyways and is like, "I promise I won't jump shark again."
>Promotion! ... Sort of.
>To be continued?

So while it could have been a possibility for those things, itasn't for marketing, wasn't for expanding, I pretty much jumped the gun and promoted myself, found out the arcade was disabled, and decided to enable it because I was under the impression that it was gone entirely. However, as we can see, its contents are indeed still there. It does need an update and some newer uploads, but I/we can always grab those. In essence, I did it because I felt like it. lol

Now, THE DEAL BEHIND SPECIAL ACCESS.

From what I understand, during the years of 2011~2012, FH had a HUGE influx of downloaderbots and adbots. Now, adbots are understandable nuisances, but even I was like, "What the hell are downloaderbots?" So I have a theory (which may very well be wrong) as to why we have special access rank, why the arcade was disabled, and how it all relates to "the apocalypse" of those years before Yom became owner.

(Note: This is all theorizing, but I think it explains a lot. I'm... not really sure if the theory is correct, and it's more of a hypothesis if we want to get technical, but again, just my two cents.)
See, as stated by the admin team, Lime was facing financial issues and couldn't keep the site up at the time of the apocalypse. It would be some time before Yom would bring back FH when it eventually caved, but the question remains regarding what caused these financial issues. Without delving into the full issues, I believe downloaderbots were a contributing factor, because with mass downloads comes higher hosting costs, and so, if a bunch of bot accounts were made to download a number of flash games, no matter the size of said games, it would take a chunk out of the finances of our admins.

Now, one bot doing so isn't likely to do much, but I was the one who compiled the first list of bot accounts, and I know for a fact that there were literally HUNDREDS of bot accounts before they got purged from the system (and more to come in my next run-through, analyzing the probable accounts). All of which, if they are downloader bots, negatively impact the finances of the financiers. Given that the financiers are few in number, and at the time it was limited to Lime, this may have contributed to the apocalypse.

Yet there's something weird that happens near the 2012 mark. Suddenly, the list thins out and eventually stops completely. I think before they put in additional security measures for weeding out bots, the admins must have made a special usergroup for accessing the arcade, and I know this based on what was left in the arcade settings. I'm talking about introducing "Special Access" to help stave off the downloader bots.

I know this because when I looked into the settings, only TWO usergroups had permission settings.

Regular members had standard access. (Play the games, in essence.)
Special Access had full access. (Play, download, and even configure.)

Then, with the old standard in place, users were sure to be verified or quit while trying, as before the requirement was 50 posts plus an application. Now, with lower population and no adbots, it's an introductory post and an application.

However, the biggest clue on Special Access being key to this theory is the wording of how to obtain Special Access.

"... Since you've proven you're not a downloaderbot..."

For these reasons, I think Special Access is in place for the sole purpose of keeping out excessive downloads that could financially drain Forkheads, as the effects were seen once before, and the fear instilled could be seen in the eventual disabling of the arcade entirely.

As for what Special Access entitles now...
-Access to the NSFW forums, including doujins and hentai threads.
-Access to the games masterlist, which includes games not by FH. (The FH games link to the Newgrounds upload.)
-Access to downloading games from the arcade.

Now, if you want to spread the word of Forkheads, by all means please do so. We want to expand to itch.io and 8chan, but if we can reach out to other places, all the better.

And just an afterthought, uploads to the gallery may or may not work. Uploads have to be approved by an admin, and I didn't get a chance to dig in deep enough to even look at any pending uploads before I got the pwnishment. Plus, even my uploads are pending, and for the record, I'm not digging in again. If either our funding increases or we REALLY beg Yom or one of the higher ups to allow them, I'm sure we may see the gallery put to use. ;P

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Very informational. Well, that puts my mind at rest. Arcades are also special access to prevent more bot access. However, I can look up the source code of the place to dl the flash file. At the moment, nothing has happened just yet!

Thanks for the explanation!

---
B$:
I can't say I'll get thru 4chan due to a possible risk, but I'll get the dirt sites to take a look. Some of them have some (really us and j00s preference) bad politics instead of being focused on manga and other novel hobbies. I guess you can say is that they go a little bit of too much on little farmer politics. No, little farms on a flat land is basically the freedom on a flat land. Usually, wealthy enough people get to use the land. Renting farmers are basically workers. There needs to be a strong sense of organization to get things efficient. You don't have the farmers buy things and allow them to try make management on making the deadline. If anything, what they can make and provide before the time is good enough to suffice for standard (give them a rating on how low or high you can go, it's a marketplace, haggle it up like sexy gypsy or something like that). The rest will have to be reused elsewhere. You don't try to pay more than what you can just earn. That's like the taxman or even the devil's deal. I would actually prefer if there's an organization/assembly of farmers to work. That way, at least they get paid bottom line. If they doing this on their own, they would not outproduce the mass producer. Back in the rural days, there's like a fucking isolated patch of land. Roads are hard for transit. Farmers produce with what they got. It's probably a little better if there's everything for them at the site (irrigation needed, like the Egyptians, whoa!), minus costs and whatnot. I say those little farmers will have to be either in/near urban areas (something similar will pass), where production needs can be met despite higher prices. It's not going to be like some remote area where you have to wait for the snail mail (2 weeks possible!) to pass on deliveries and mail. There's got to be a park benefit for that at the least!

Things like that make me think those guys are talking about with a rural background with little familiarity with modern times. Heck, they should know technology given access to manga and art stuff like that. Modern day Japan accepts technology at the most highest. Some countries reject technology, but that's their preference. Given that this kind of talk goes on the tech side (although I would probably be impressed if they actually give a damn about art), I say it's an insult! Fuck them! It's fucking America, it's fucking (modern-day) Japan, you know! No, I say, they probably make an excuse to ward off the intruding invaders from their homeland. This little farmer victim complex is an excuse, a platform to drive off what they consider as their right of land. They have yet to use the political branch to move the industries from their paradise/sanctuary. The truth would probably be revealed. Those kind of people are usually stigmatized as the south side or KKK. I can say russians too (can't say about stigma); however, it's more like trans-aggressive/aggressive/retaliation/reaction offense/defense mode. There's usually some interest/motive/intention around production/technology development. You just have to be patient and perceptive. With that in mind, I'm going have to reconsider. People like to pass agendas under guises, it scares me. Particularly if it's on something really fucked up, and it needs to be fucked over. Hell, I can scare myself in the process! Yeah, I'll look around elsewhere.

_
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]