Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Shit gets real. 
FH Clairvoyant
FH Clairvoyant

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access
Post Shit gets real.
Each time polish military engineers and scientist come up with something I get the feeling like I'm watching old s-f movies and futuristic games come to life.
In times when tanks were considered as the gods of war and ultimate weapon, that could be only stoped by mines, explosives, big cannons or other tank - they invented a rifle that could kill the drivers without destroying tank itself so it can be later captured. In times of need like WW II they were able to make engines of destruction from simplest machines. One facility currently helps in designing a fucking laser weapons! Our borders are guarded by unmanned robots with radars and detection systems. Not far from my home there's a fabric that produces a unmanned choppers.
But now, there's a new particular babe that I wish to show to you all. So brace yourself!
New polish basic tank. Just stop anything you're doing and stare at it for 30 seconds. Just look.
Special anti radio-waves paint and shape that makes it hard to spot on most of radar systems, cooling system so any heat-based aiming systems won't work either. 20mm cannon, unmanned turret etc.
And most of all - it looks sexy.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: Shit gets real.
Oh whoa. Someone get these monsters in the bad guy land already.

4 pcs.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Shit gets real.
Any idea on armor type/thickness? It may be strong against sensors, but it needs to be able to take a hit.

Current modern tanks aren't invisible to radar and heat sights, but the enemies the world is facing aren't using those technologies. They use mines and RPGs to get at the weak points and operate by line of sight. It's automated turret is a major plus, but the tanks ability to find the enemy first will be what makes or breaks it against infantry/insurgents.

The advanced technologies would give it a very powerful edge against another tank. It would make both finding it difficult and keeping track of it once it's in combat. But it would need to be able to disable or destroy all targets in the first volley or most of its stealth advantage will go to waste. It then have to beat a modern tank in standard combat, which means armor thickness and gun size. And of course, it's biggest weakness will be the cost of producing them. Even if it could take on the best of another modern nation's tanks, it would need to take on dozens of them; I doubt Poland could afford to produce many tanks that are both equal to the modern American or British or German tank in terms of combat AND have the costly stealth technology.

In WWII, the Germans had their heavy Tiger tanks. They were virtually unstoppable. They took on the American Shermans and Russian T-34s (T-34's who first used the sloped armor you see on this tank, which is now standard for all tanks) and won 10 or 20 to 1. But they were up against 30 Shermans or 50 T-34s to each tiger. Numbers and ease of manufacturing are just as important in a tank as its armor and armaments. Even the American M1 Abrams has the problem of needing both a huge amount of resources to produce and then a costly supply line to maintain. The Americans can afford to the that, while I don't think Poland can do the same

Sat May 17, 2014 11:49 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]