Reply to topic  [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
 [DISCONTINUED] 
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: Jungalore: The New World [Main RP Thread]
The barrier was weakening, and the roiling clouds had started to seep into the throne room as his body shifted - bones creaking as the thing fully inserted its own muscles over his, skin boiling and breaking apart as the energies seethed below his skin.

"You call yourself a god..." his voice sounded thick, different. "Yet your senses are so weak you cannot perceive your own doom?! Ha, you ego-bloated apes are a joke and a half!" with this, Yemhelch's jaw split apart to give way to a pair of mandibles overrun with small, wriggling tentacles.

"K-kill him!" Baphomatt screamed, a tinge of terror in his voice as he leaped back from the writhing, light-eating mass of flesh that was emerging from the body of his former opponent. Heeding his command, the undead elite knights broke their defensive position and charged forwards.

Link

"Stay out of my way, small fry!" the voice echoed in the crumbling throne room as a mass of teeth and eyes emerged to intercept the attackers, consuming them with gusto as he charged forwards, pursuing Baphomatt. "What's the matter? Too weak and helpless now that your little toys won't do you any good?"

"SILENCE!" Baphomatt screamed back, defiant - but his voice wavering a little with fear. "No matter what you are, no magic can truly master me! I am the god of death, and you are beholden to me for bearing the sin of life!"

"Then, I'll just tear you apart with my fists!"

Baphomatt countered with several black fireballs, blasting the throne room apart with their massive power - blowing away scores of undead gathering in the throne room. A large marble column collapsed across the throne room, cutting off Mikkael and the woman in the strange armor. A quick glance to see if they were alright, and Yemhelch countered with a brutal right to Baphomatt's throat.

"Why?! You're supposed to be dead!" Baphomatt screamed, desperately trying to take to the air. "How are you even standing?!"

"Let me give you two nice pieces of information." Yemhelch countered. "One: Right now, at the other end of the world, all the life force on this planet is flooding my tendrils with excess energy. Two, the moment you and I locked eyes in that courtroom, your fate was decided - to be slain by me."

Baphomatt was reminded of the odd tendrils he saw on his trip to the Chaos Deserts and shuddered.

"You may have power, human!" Baphomatt countered with a powerful spiked claw, Yemhelch blocking it. "But as the God of Death, I'll see to it that this world will be purged of its unclean beings! What right do you have to stop me?!"

"This world is not yours alone, fool." Yemhelch grunted against the effort, before stepping off and delivering a heavy kick to Baphomatt's face. "But the day you betrayed every living thing on this planet, you pissed me off. SO YOU VANISH!"

"Hmph, so you think can fight me?!" Baphomatt roared back. "But I command the souls of the dead! The power of entropy will end you no matter how powerful you are!" With this, he pulled out the seething book and opened it - summoning several more undead into the throne room.

"That must be... the book of Shadows." Yemhelch grinned as he managed to throw off several undead titan brawlers and paladins. "Hand it over to me, and I'll let you walk away alive, mortal."

"GRAH! HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU?! I am a God! You will respect my authority!" Baphomatt countered with another wave of his hand, summoning even more undead. "Bargaining with Death will get you nowhere!"

"Wrong answer."

Perhaps it was his warrior's instinct from his days as a fighter at the Arena that warned him - but he managed to steal a glance to the side, and realized that three sets of jaws were closing on his arm. It was too late - before his body could even jerk away, the serrated teeth of the monstrous beast smashed down on his arm holding the book of shadows.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

-

"Nice work." the man wearing the fedora said as he opened his eyes and the vile book emerged from the ooze. "We have the book of Shadows."

"Um... do you think... " Ahnbein asked. "... is it possible to release the souls held prisoner by this artifact?"

"That's the plan."

"... thank you."

Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: [DISCONTINUED]
Baphomatt stumbled back, his own dark magic managing to stem the blood flow from the stump where his arm once was. As he looked back on his opponent, the mass of flesh - seething out from Yemhelch's body suddenly towered over the throne room, smashing into the ceiling and raining down debris onto the ground. Incanting dark spells, the partially-transformed demonologist countered by reforming his arm into a shadow-bound shield to block the worst of the falling rocks.

That was when every eye that adorned the vast, bloated tower of flesh emerging opened at once; and there he saw the the eyes of those who he had killed over the years staring back. Some with rage and anger, others with smug satisfaction - and even others with insane laughter peering out from those crimson portals of the inky black flesh of the abomination that now surged forward into the chamber proper. It's greedy tentacles and grasping hands easily violating and tearing apart the undead as they mindlessly charged.

The woman with the spear and his former pawn would have been no threat; but now, this thing had turned the tables on him. Reforming the shield into a wedge, he spread his leathery wings and took to the air - smashing through the ceiling in a particularly weak spot into the cool night sky. The barrier had all but melted away and he performed an agile U-turn in the air, and his stomach dropped. From the bird's eye view of the ruins of Cyndar, he could see how vast this monster truly was.

The throne room was consumed, and now the mass of flesh and eyeballs reared back - towering in the pre-dawn sky as it gloated.

"What's the matter?" Yemhelch's voice... backed with hundreds of others spoke in unison in his mind. "Chickening out again, like you did in that trial too long ago?"

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

"Surrender it to me, and I might do that." the monstrous behemoth grinned at him.

"SHUT UP!" He roared back as he focused a vast magical maelstrom. Here, he had the higher ground. "Audi solis mortis, Ecce flammarum tua fata! Virtus mortis, et animam tuam exstinguo, Ego adrogabunt huius mundus! DIE!"

With a sweep of his arms, he let the vast fireball fall onto Cyndar's ruins - the explosion covering the city and countryside with a sinister fog, and the black flames seething and consuming what little remained in the city that could be flammable. He grinned - this flame had been once-desecrated by the highest level cultists of Umbraria to doom all life; and...

As the fog cleared, his breath caught in his throat. The entity had simply shrugged off an attack that could have leveled Cyndar, using its body to shield the town from the wost effects! Before he could prepare another volley, the monstrous behemoth composed of eyes, teeth and raw darkness reared up to face him.

"That tickled." it laughed. "Now, my turn..."

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 527 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36