Pneuma 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post Pneuma
Greetings Forkheads!

After much work, I'm going to start showing off Pneuma, the tabletop system developed and perfected from all the works I've used in the past. With our R&D team giving us data, this system is, in my opinion, the game that I'm certain everyone will love to hop right into.

Features
-A simple system of our own design.
-A JRPG style of game that can be flavoured to fit your settings.
-Easy character creation, no longer than ten minutes with everything enabled.
-Stat-based progression, let your builds determine how and where you are effective.
-Less RNG, more concrete results.
-A fully customizable system, let the GM determine the complexity of the game.
-Class progression with six starting classes and 24 final classes.

What We Need?
-Artists: We need artists with a talent in JRPG styled artwork. If you want to try and expand your art talent, this provides an opportunity for just that!
-Surveyors: We need people willing to look around and see what people are into regarding the tabletop genre.

Pricing
When we launch Pneuma, we're HOPING to release the book (hardcover, full colour) for $20 to $40. No more. Tabletop games are overpriced these days, upwards of $60 sometimes for unplayable messes and overly complicated sheets and rule sets. For that same price you can buy a video game that does all the work for you. We're hoping to be more realistic than our peers because no book should be priced as more than $50 in our honest opinion, especially when those books end up being only a fraction of the potential content. PDF versions are looking to be priced at 15% to 25% of the book cost (meaning $10 tops). Any custom worlds or settings that utilize Pneuma in some way will be available for download as pay-what-you-want, including the settings of Jungalore and Lorias! All prices are expressed in USD.

Wanna Support Development?
Join the Discord discussions!
Send a like on Facebook!

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: S☠LAYMAN'S RING!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Pneuma
Design with showcase display might be necessary.

Good luck with your demo.

qareena/qareen/corea/camelot=tyherantno puppet/censorship/envious instigator/arrogant usurper/pretense/warmongering/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist nonrefugee transgressors;
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: March, June, September, and December
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/New%20Best%20Nasheed%202013%20Mujahid%20Nasheed%20syria.mp3

Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I think so too.

I also am hoping to do demo games in my server when I have more system, and that's probably going to be sooner rather than later. :;]

After that, perhaps convention demos if I can make it.

I'm also hoping to go as far as making it easy to implement a digital or virtual platform. Which, by the looks of it, is easy enough to do.~

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
OH, ALSO...

If anyone has ideas, I'll take them. I want a game that is simple to start, simple throughout. I think I've already accomplished it, but I think with it being a perfected form of all that I've worked on over the last 15 years is more than enough.

But simplicity is more than what a system or group of systems were.

And I believe the perceptions of everyone, combined, can create something truly beautiful and fun.

So, please, send me any feedback!

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: S☠LAYMAN'S RING!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
After analysis, what would the game design be based on? D&D? Adventure/game book? Some jrpg (card [I didn't forget MTG!]) game? Roguelike?

I assume that them mmorpgs are out of the question?

---

If you want to use some of my mod projects as something something example, go right ahead. They mods, after all. I say maybe use the diablo monsters/allies. The D&D/Infinity_Engine is not started yet. If you're going for more sci-fi or even wargame, I got scratch on that too. It's just sometimes beyond reality/magical and heroic for a fantasy setting.

Well, I guess you can start small, if we are working out kinks surrounding combat, then try a dice roll turn battle. Then, you can decide if you either want card or chess, but they still turn-based.

qareena/qareen/corea/camelot=tyherantno puppet/censorship/envious instigator/arrogant usurper/pretense/warmongering/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist nonrefugee transgressors;
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/New%20Best%20Nasheed%202013%20Mujahid%20Nasheed%20syria.mp3

Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Basically, I'm taking the system once used in Chronicles of Jungalore and perfecting it. Not really basing it on other systems otherwise since Jungalore's system was unique in its own creation. But it is aesthetically inspired by the golden age of JRPGs (Seiken Densetsu 3, FFIV, Chrono Trigger) and early MMOs (Ragnarok Online and Mabinogi).

The dice are simple enough in most cases; You get 2d6 for every check and contest, with relevant bonuses being +1 for every 10 in a stat to a max 60 in the six stats. As for actually playing the game, I'm planning on running a demo in the Discord really soon. I would do it on FH as well, but my main audience loves to use voice chat rather than forum RPs with few exceptions. Not that forum RPs are bad, but it's a preference, I'm all for either.

I decided to go a route different from other systems though because while the d20 system is good on its own, I want to go my own way and do something more concrete and less chance-based, as well as give character stats more importance as opposed to other systems which focus more on general storytelling through the characters. I felt this choice was a bit bold, but I also think it solves a few problems in other systems which either made the game too complex or made the players feel impersonal with their characters. I can't quite yet reveal the details (maybe soon I will), but everything just kind of ties together beautifully while also giving the player a lot of freedom in how they advance and how they initially start out.

It also gives a bit of callback to oldschool systems where people just kinda hopped into games; Most of the character details are for the players to add at their discretion, and their character sheet is theirs to fully customize. The sheets are four in number, however, which is one more than D&D 5e's full sheet, but that's just because one page is ENTIRELY dedicated to the player's inventory and money with plenty of room for players to write in each field.

Plus, creation is quick. I can consistently make characters in seven minutes or less, with or without the book.

But I'm fanboying a bit too much now. XD

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Well, I'll admit, I hadn't gotten to the DnD dice roll game.

I do know that the rpg video games nowadays based their design from their board counterparts.

nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw

Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]