Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Gravelaxes, some random shithole (Dwarf fortress Let's play) 
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Gravelaxes, some random shithole (Dwarf fortress Let's play)
Because why not

Prepare for some shit quality writing

Spoiler: show
This is the amazingly amazing start location on map. I chose it since there are metals and some trees. Oh yeah, warring elves too, yay for FUN

Put one point in organizer, appraiser and record keeper on one dwarf. He can be the broker/record keeper/manager
Then 4 points into mining for 2 dwarves. No other shit is needed. Everyone else can be peasants. No medical dwarves needed, they can learn when someone gets hurt.

Took some random shit with me. Some cats, dogs and sheep. DON'T ASK WHY I HAVE LOGS

And finally actually embarked yay. Gravelaxes? seems like there was no thought process when the dwarves came up with that name

1. Here are the dwarves. The map is big so the quality of the screenshot is shit
2. This is the place where I'm putting my Fortress in. It's closer to the river so i can make some kind of a bath place. I like those. Also irrigation for the farms.
3. I'll do some shit with this place later on. Unless elves rape me. Or something else rapes me.
Also it doesn't look so amazing as i thought it would. BUT I'LL MAKE IT BETTER

So now the plan is to flood a chamber, drain the water out, the floor becomes muddy so I can farm shit

This is what the chamber looks like almost ready. Just need to connect the floodgates to the levers. Dumping all the stone from the farm area was probably the most time consuming part

Now to release the water, it's a dangerous job since these idiots can't swim

WATER RELEASED
yay, he survived

The fortress as it is now. The chamber is one Z-level below but you already know what it looks like. Didn't make much things to the upper part of the fort.
1. The main stairwell(Just mentioning because idk how much people know about DF)
2. The sheep and the embark Yaks grazing around
3. The current meeting hall and a workshop area
4. Probably will become a stockpile area.

That's enough for now.

UNTIL NEXT TIME

Feel free to tell me if you have any questions or suggestions

Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: Gravelaxes, some random shithole (Dwarf fortress Let's p
Any honeybees in the area?

4 pcs.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:

After searching for few minutes i came to this conclusion:
Seems like there are just termites and ants, so no mead for dwarves

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
PuristMcBumass wrote:
YomToxic wrote:

After searching for few minutes i came to this conclusion:
Seems like there are just termites and ants, so no mead for dwarves

and no AWACs Systems... :(

4 pcs.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
LOOK LOOK, I MADE TWO PARTS THIS WEEK

You can give some name suggestions for the dwarves if you want to.
Alright, this time we need some PROGRESS. Gonna start some industry, build basic infrastructure, some defencive thingies. That's the plan at least.

Ok, the farm area is starting to dry, soon I can start making food. Also there is going to be a lever room for all the water pipe systems in that one room that hasn't been dug out yet.

Here is some rooms being dug out. Also a trade depot being constructed around the wooden walls. Rooms will be stockpiles and workshop areas. The stockpile outside is a corpse/refuse stocpile so the bodies won't start to create miasma and the fort stays cleaner.

WOOH, SLA- erm migrants, new workforce to the fort. One of them even had a crossbow and bolts. Let's confiscate that for the future military. We don't need hunters. There is no large animals to hunt. Also making him a farmer is way more useful.

Also, now that I finally remember here is a list of the dwarves in the fortress currently.

While I was observing the new "employees", I saw a new hive structure that was not there before. IT'S HONEYBEES. It's on the left side of the fortress. There is another colony of honey bees on the other side of the fortress.

Since I will be playing around with water, i wanted to make my pipelines better. After the pipe has been dug, I will channel the part where the water should come in, so i can make a 3 wide entrance to the water. Will also add floodgates fucking everywhere to make it easier to manage the pipes.

OH SHIT. It seem there is an aquifer south of here. RIP superamazing amounts of baths and shit. I though there was not supposed to be any aquifers. Maybe i'll make a city above ground, filled with baths. I better start making some plans for this city so i won't fuck up the pipe placement.
Oh yeah, this is going to be the main dining/sleeping/makingfood/foodstorage area.

Oh FOR FUCKS SAKE. These idiots were not able to build the depot in time. Not that there even was anything to sell. Oh yeah, a dog gave birth to puppies. More things to distract enemies with. Also work as an emergency food source.
Oh yush, i was able to complete it before the dwarven merchants left the map. Though now it just feels useless since still nothing to sell. They didn't even send a diplomat with them. RUDE
And now the sheep have started to breed. That's good.

1. The main workshop area. Shit will be made here
2. The trade depot. Currently filled with some random idiots
3. The main stockpile
4. Stonefall traps, just in case something happens before i get an army

1. The farm
2. I defined this as a temple area. Now some dwarves might go pray there. Praying makes dwarves happy, and i want them to hang out inside the fort.
3. Some water pipes that might or might not become a thing. Depends on where the aquifer is at.
4. A drainage place for the farm irrigation.

1. Rooms to sleep in
2. The room that will become a dining hall
3. Kitchen
4. Place where you do not want to leave your pets, unless you want to find them in your soup next meal.
5. This will become a food stockpile
6. I will continue the food stockpile here

Aight, i think it's time to wrap up this part. This time i got some good progress going on. Workshops, stockpiles, farm and almost a sleeping area. Also some other small things like traps.
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS SHIT

Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:14 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The BuzzSturm AWACs uses the properties of the artificial hive and its power to attract enemies to serve as an early warning radar system. It is very effective in revealing goblin ambushes - however, it is weak against flying enemies and requires a bolter squad battery to be safe. The bolter squad can serve as AA and AG, and forms the second defensive layer.

Also, the expedition leader should be Purist McBumass.

4 pcs.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:31 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Gravelaxes lol it's close in phonic composition to Gravadlax which means brandy cured salmon

https://lochengower.com/all-products.php#gravadlax

maybe your dwarves can make that? after all they are near the water so there must be salmon somewhere. I'm sure they can make brandy too.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:19 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
The BuzzSturm AWACs uses the properties of the artificial hive and its power to attract enemies to serve as an early warning radar system. It is very effective in revealing goblin ambushes - however, it is weak against flying enemies and requires a bolter squad battery to be safe. The bolter squad can serve as AA and AG, and forms the second defensive layer.

Also, the expedition leader should be Purist McBumass.

You need to tell me how to do this AWAC system.

Purist McDumbass might be overthrown by other leaders later on though. Maybe there will be a fight for power and unfortunate "accidents" might happen to some dwarves

joshex wrote:
Gravelaxes lol it's close in phonic composition to Gravadlax which means brandy cured salmon

https://lochengower.com/all-products.php#gravadlax

maybe your dwarves can make that? after all they are near the water so there must be salmon somewhere. I'm sure they can make brandy too.

Sounds like a good plan

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:35 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Hey look
There's something down there

Yes, i still remember that this is a thing. I have no idea what i did last time. I probably remember it at some point. This part is going to be very much me talking during different days which makes stuff probably confusing. Who knows. Prepare for finally some progress.

This happened right after i unpaused. More dwarves to work their asses of in the mines. Seems like i have made them dig
something. For some reason.

When did these merchants come here?
I don't have anything to sell them though.
Fuck off and quit wasting my time merchants. Try next year. Maybe we'll make something nice for you. Like. Doors?

Named the expedition leader and named his profession to what it actually is

And now i have understood what I did last time. Probably. It seems that i made bedrooms. And some kind of a kitchen and a
dining hall. Also a food storage most likely.

Also apparently I had counted the amount of doors i need for a section of the fort. It was perfect amount. I have no idea why id counted it. Now I'll make the dwarves make many doors. DOOR OVERLOAD INCOMING No more neat amounts of doors, just big amounts of doors, maybe those merchants will get doors one day. And ship them back to the dwarven capital. So they never have to make doors there again. And they can admire well made doors.
Doors are pretty useful.

This should take them a while to do. I need more masons.
Thîkut Thadatîs, a random herbalist who wastes time doing nothing useful, shall be the new mason. NOW GO MAKE DOORS

OH GOD IT'S RAINING BLOOD
Is what i thought was happening, but those red tiles are leaves.
Back to making doors and shit

I dug some pipes and now i can make a bath. I just need to clear the pipes of all crap and install the floodgates and levers.

I SAW GIANT SNAKES
Or at least one
if there is more i might try capturing them
Then throw them into a pit
And make a bridge over it and drop enemies there when they try to cross it
Good idea
Time to make many cage traps around the place

I started making a wall to the outside. I will create a great walled city outside, filled with cool buildings or some shit
like that. If you have suggestions on what i should build there, tell me. I need ideas. I am bad at thinking about ideas.

I want to know what happened here. The thing is dead for some reason. Did it, fall off a tree or something? Or maybe it
tried to steal stuff and got crushed by a rock from one of my traps? Though there are dogs before the traps so that makes no sense.

More migrants. Again. Actually good, I was starting to get frustrated because so much jobs but not many dwarves.

ARTIFACT INCOMING

FUCK
IT'S A CROWN
What the hell do i do with this, sell it to the merchants?

I MADE A BATH
Finally something that isn't just more bedrooms and shit. That's a good point to end this part.
I defined a new temple area there so dwarves will go there and worship their gods while bathing.

This update probably is shittier than before due to making this during different days and having a gap of few months from the last one. At least i made it. Next time i'll start making a military. Also no pics of what the fort looks like this time since it didn't change really much. Next time though. Next part will come in July hopefully. Most likely not earlier.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:39 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Oh cool. You got an artifact. I call stuff like that 'bait'.

4 pcs.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]