Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Life Support system, terminated... 
Level 24
Level 24

Cash on hand:
Group: Catgirl Saviours Club
Post Re: Life Support system, terminated...
epic hentai is a definite need

Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:48 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
For the past few days, I've been patrolling the fort. Now that I've managed to secure it, I can dedicate my time to other pursuits.

One night, I discovered a new life-form while patrolling the wall. It looked like a large spider, almost 3 feet across. Unfortunately, it spotted me, and I had to engage in combat. My military-grade hazmat suit deflected it's stingers as I managed to kill it by lopping it's head off with my sword. I butchered it and acquired about 2 lengths of high grade string, and one of it's large eyes.

I would have to map the land further - I'm sure there were more things to be discovered.

String is always useful, so I returned back to base, and prepared for my expedition.

--------------

The day dawned with a distinct chill this time. After making sure no monsters could surprise me, I set out, first to the south; the point of interest was a large body of water.

It was quite a find, actually! I discovered a type of bamboo extruding a sweet, sugary syrup. After taking some samples for study, I directed my attention to what appeared to be a large lake. Looking at it, I saw small aquatic animals swimming in it. A new source of food! I would first have to figure out a way to actually catch them, though.

A sudden thought came to me, as I remembered the string I got last night. Perhaps I could build some kind of fishing rod?. I christened this lake, "Lake Bounty". With this thought, I began moving in a eastward direction. There was a large expanse of rock in this direction. Perhaps I could find some resources to mine?.

Arriving at the rocky outcropping, I studied the land. It seemed something had scraped the topsoil off , before vanishing. Judging by the impact pattern of my ship, whatever it was, must've splashed down into Lake Bounty. I took note of the resources available, and headed northwards, towards the gorge my ship made when it crashed. Taking note of some cave-like structures in the area, I headed northwards - toward the gorge that my ship had left in the earth.

The gorge was the same as I last remembered it - the radiation had dropped to minimal levels, and the inferno that blazed here had faded. I took note to attempt salvaging the engine - but for now, without specialized tools, that would be impossible. Sighing over my loss, I moved westward.

Exploring past the Albert Wing, I chanced upon a strange, earthen structure. I heard familiar lowing sounds come from inside it.

What luck! I had stumbled upon a small nest of sorts for those strange bovine beasts I had seen before!

I calculated there were 2 breeding pairs, and some young. As I had no need for anything at the time, I repaired the structure, marked it on my map and decided to return home. It had been a very eye-opening experience.

Here's a map of my general surroundings. With this done, I will now rest - big day tomorrow. I'm gonna try and make a fishing rod.

4 pcs.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:01 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
just caught up. n worth the read
Me likey! >>

1 pcs.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
There was rain today. At least, there was - but as I finished a meal of 2 biopills and a helping of fresh water, the rain eased off. Working through last night, I had prepared a rudimentary fishing pole from the string and some sticks I had left over from construction. Looking out of the window, I noticed that the plants I had seeded in the garden were growing quite well - soon, it would be harvest time.

But for now, it was time for me to head over to Lake Bounty and go fishin'. After a quick patrol on the camp's stockade to ensure no monsters would get me, I headed out there, fishing pole in tow.

It was more beautiful, in this bright sunlight. The crystal-clear waters were teeming with life. Far off, I saw strange tentacled beasts. A bit wary of snagging something that could break my fishing rod, I cast carefully into the sandy shallows, where the smaller creatures gathered.

It took a while, but my patience was rewarded. A sudden tug on the rod was my cue to heave. Splashing out of the water, it came, wriggling and definitely alive - a small, silvery creature with a streamlined body. Moving a bit south westward along the coastline, so as not to disturb the fish-like creatures too much, I continued to fish, until I had about 5 of the creatures. Not wishing to harm the ecosystem too much, I decided not to fish here for a week. I also let one egg-bearing female go as well.

I returned home with my catch, ready to eat. Saint Loli be praised, I'll eat like a bawse tonight!

4 pcs.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
It was worth the wait, and now, harvest time had come!. After a hearty meal of fried fish, along with some melon slices and water, I set out to reap my first proper harvest.

The plants, aided by the fertilizer pods I found in the ship's hold had grown beautifully strong, and the aroma of watermelon hung in the air. With my basic biology skills, I identified the mysterious plants as wheat seeds; a new source of food!. Saint Loli be praised!

Working through the afternoon, I collected 21 bunches of wheat, 38 wheat seeds and 29 watermelon slices!. After sprinkling some humus dust on the soil to let it recover, I returned to the shrine to make an offering of 1 wheat, 1 watermelon and 1 seed, as thanks for this bounty.

The sun was setting now, and I was feeling quite tired after that scrumptious meal. I decided to withdraw and rest for the night.

4 pcs.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
It was by a whim that I wandered back to the ship's hold to look for materials when I found what could be my ticket (by a long shot) to safety. An old, beat up OCF-9001 microcomputer was stuffed into one of the boxes in the hold. Although it was not functioning, using it's instruction manual, I quickly replaced the broken fuse and managed to repair it.

The OCF-9001 is a small computer that can read through books rapidly and use the data as a wikipedia of sorts. It is ancient technology; even I have little knowledge of it's inner workings. All I know is that it uses nanomachines to operate itself. Running on a single jolt of a battery, they have been known to work for decades on end.

Now, with a sufficient database, I could start developing technology that I needed (truth be told, I was getting tired of living like a bronze-age villager).

Hauling it up to the second floor of the fortress was the hardest work I had done in a while. Wiping away the sweat, I switched it on, and allowed it to start reading from the bookshelf nearby. In a few hours, it would have built a small encyclopedia's worth of data, that I could parse at will.

I decided to patrol the stockade again, before I slept. Those monsters were still out there; and it was my job to whip it into their heads to stay the fuck off Camp Albert.

Those zombies were easy-pickings; their rotted flesh could not stand a plasma-sharpened diamond blade; and those white, bony beasts were picked off one by one with my rifle. I was feeling pretty confident that they'd learn to stay off by now.

That's when I heard that weird sound. Like a gas leak - but what sort of gas leak would occur here?!. That's when I looked down and saw something that would be seared into my mind for a long time.

I didn't know what happened next; the roar of blood in my ears drowned out everything else; I could have passed out, but my Hazmat suit began blaring an alarm. "WARNING! HAZARDOUS BIOLOGICAL MATERIAL DETECTED!". I struggled to my feet, then was stunned by the large, gaping hole in my stockade's defense wall.

Suddenly, I was overrun by those zombie-like creatures! Getting my bearings, I began to cut a path of destruction against those creatures as they began to set themselves ablaze; and quickly patched the hole with some dirt. I was bleeding, and my HazMat suit had locked up on me - detecting large amounts of dangerous biohazards in the air. I panicked and ran, not knowing what to do.

I woke up later, as the sun was setting. And the first thing that struck me was the silence. My suit wasn't blaring death in my ears; in fact, my suit had pretty much acted as a tourniquet and stopped my wounds from bleeding out. I then realized something else - that fine layer of dust on my suit was what had triggered the alarm; and exposure to sunlight had neutralized them as well. Heaving a sigh of relief, I decided to head back home. The need for a stronger material for the outer perimeter wall was clear. I would begin research tonight on stronger materials.

4 pcs.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Working at the computer, I researched basic masonry.

Masonry Level 1: Simple walls from shattered stones. Opens access to Masonry Level 2 and Engineering Level 1.

I know the ship's hold had a large stock of stone for terraforming, and the tools to work them. However, I needed a way to produce more stone. I would to build a small factory for stone-processing.

Using some planks from the store, I made a small shed near the flag to serve as a temporary stoneworks factory.

Here, I began production. Every now and then, I would return to the ship for some stone and building materials as well. By noon, I had a sizeable amount of stone to begin construction. I decided to expand my camp, as I needed a place to store my materials as well.

By nightfall, I had expanded the walls, and finished 50% of the retrofitting. I decided to work again, breaking more stone to build the material I could work with. When dawn breaks, I was confident I could continue my task.

Suddenly... RAIN!

I had no idea where it came from, but this put a damper on my work. I couldn't possibly stay awake with the comforting medley of rain. I gave up and withdrew back to my fort to sleep.

By late next morning, I had finished building the wall. And yeah, I did get a little fanatical with the stonework. I realized I had made a few extra; and decided to reinforce the fort with it; and yeah. I moved the flag to the top of the Fort. This way, Old Glory would be safe even in the case of invasion. Marked with stone is a new construction site. I dont know what I'll use it for. Maybe a lab or a storage shed? I'm not sure at this time. I feel that if I study Engineering, I might come up with some ideas. So, engineering it'll be.

4 pcs.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Sicko
Sicko

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Ack I miss the H-stream server

Fuck you, im FH Royal Perverted Reaper.

I AM WALKING MADNESS. I AM NEVER ENDING CHAOS. I AM THE SICK CREATION.
WITH INSANITY AS MY BEING I SHALL DROWN THE WORLD INTO HAVOC AND ENGULF IT IN DARKNESS.
MY NAME IS YOSHIMOTO. THE END HAS COME!

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
96 pcs.
19 pcs.
8 pcs.
292 pcs.
11 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I researched Engineering last night.

Now, I can build wooden stairs, an additional database to speed up research(for a total of 3 databases), learn to use fire properly, and last but not least, gain access to researching Electronics Lvl1.

As I had nothing to do today, I researched Electronics 1.

With the Level 3 database, I began to learn about the basics of electronics. I decided to build a new building to use as a laboratory. With my current level of engineering and masonry, I managed to build a 2-floor house for my experiments.

Now that I have unlocked Electronics, it was time for me to gain experiment points; I would need it to unlock Electronics Level 2.

--

I say, what, I've managed to build a stable pulsar signal generation network! 1,0! 1,0! 1,0! It is a simple circuit that switches itself on and off.

It's quite a primitive structure, though; I had to use (eugh) dirt as a scaffolding! However, this has given me an idea; A lighthouse or a homing beacon - for any of my crewmates that could be lost in this world!. It's a long shot, but it's worth a try. I'll be gathering my equipment and beginning construction tonight.

It rained again, but it didn't stop me from building a lighthouse. It's not much, what, but with my skill at engineering, It'll do.

With my engineering, I believe I can salvage some depleted fuel from the engine and set it alight to serve as a primitive torch of sorts.

While I was admiring the view from the top of the tower, I spied a mysterious glow from the far Southeast. Perhaps my comrades had set up camp there?! I decided to investigate first thing in the morning.

4 pcs.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:50 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Sicko
Sicko

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Cool ;o

WITH INSANITY AS MY BEING I SHALL DROWN THE WORLD INTO HAVOC AND ENGULF IT IN DARKNESS.

1 pcs.
96 pcs.
19 pcs.
8 pcs.
292 pcs.
11 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:11 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:

The day dawned with an intense fog. So much for my plans to explore the strange glow from the southeast, eh? I was restricted to the camp, though - the fog was quite thick and I feared that my primitive lighthouse would not be enough to break through and serve as a beacon; what if I got lost in this clearly hostile world?. Fortunately, my hazmat suit detected nothing more than water vapor in the fog.

After a quick patrol to ensure that no monsters were getting too close to the walls, I withdrew back to my lab. There was work to be done!. First things first, I needed to study simple radio signals. I was clutching at straws right now, but I felt that a primitive radio was my best chance to somehow contact the others. The solitude was driving me crazy.

Taking the repeating circuit, I studied them - and made them interact with each other. A few hours of work, and I had a tiny carrier signal that lasted about a meter before fizzing out into static. I'd need transistors and diodes to make a real radio - and I was probably light years away from a Radio Shack store.

Sighing to myself, I trudged back to the fort - and smacked my face on the wall. The fog was getting worse. Annoyed, I decided to eat an early lunch and spend the rest of the day reading up on Engineering Lvl2. The food stock was certainly healthy - I had little to worry about that now.

My nose still hurts. :(

Night fell. The fog made for a disturbing gloom - and if I strained my ears, I could hear the creatures that roamed the night. Deciding to play it safe, I stealthily did another inspection of the perimeter, then retired for the night.

Notes to self: The hostile creatures seem to be afraid of photonic emissions. Why? Research needed.

4 pcs.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Sicko
Sicko

Cash on hand:

Bank:
*Awaiting more of Yom's epic stories*

1 pcs.
96 pcs.
19 pcs.
8 pcs.
292 pcs.
11 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:39 am
Profile E-mail
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
And here I thought minecraft would not get any more interesting...

What is that glow?? Find out in the next epsiode!

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Sicko
Sicko

Cash on hand:

Bank:
AirMan wrote:
And here I thought minecraft would not get any more interesting...

What is that glow?? Find out in the next epsiode!

You mean Yom's Next post

1 pcs.
96 pcs.
19 pcs.
8 pcs.
292 pcs.
11 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
7 pcs.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
BGM

I was woken up by a soft breeze in my face; the air intake of the fort was doing a great job at ventilating the fort. There must be a good breeze outside. Looking out, I saw the fog had vanished; the sky was a beautiful bright blue, and the day was ripe for exploring.

Wandering out after a preliminary patrol along the wall, I appreciated for the 100th time, the tangy freshness of the air. Each breath was a positively joyous moment. And at that moment, I was glad to be alive - stranded and alone, yes, but alive. I tallied a checkup on my equipment; my mapsheet, a crude stone axe, a steel pickaxe, my trusty (and somewhat beaten up) rifle, some flint and steel, and a compass. Grabbing some food from the fridge, 3 breads and one cooked fish, I armed myself with my nonfunctional photonic blade and set out to identify the nature of the mysterious glow from the southeast.

The glow had come from a large hill to the SouthEast of Camp Albert. I left the relative safety of the camp, and began my trek. Along the way, I noticed a strange plant... spiked and gorged with water, it seemed. I took note of it, and drew a sketch before moving on.

The trees masked the mountain's form from the distance, but up close, the valleys and fjords made for difficult crossing; whoever built a camp here was a genius; the walls of the ravine served as a brilliant defense mechanism; the beasts would simply fall to their death. Traversing another rocky outcrop, I came to the source of the glow -

- a glowing geyser of radioactive material. My hopes for companionship was dashed upon the unfeeling rocks of the valley.

After checking up the ravines in a desperate attempt look for traces of life, I sighed, marked the place on my map as 'potential fuel mining area' and began my trek home.

4 pcs.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next