Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 IT ISNT MURDER 
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Yaoi Messiahs
Post IT ISNT MURDER
im tired of people saying meat is murder, abortion is murder, a cop murdered my brother, or whatever
i once again have to explain the rectangle-square concept
a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isnt a square
murder is killing, but killing is NOT murder

murder, as defined by merriam-webster dictionary, is "the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought"
unlawful is the keyword
unlawful is defined as "not allowed by the law"

abortion is legal in most of north america, most of europe, and most of asia, on request (im not sure about usa's various states or canada's and australia's various providences)

and as i can see, theres nowhere (as recognised by the UN) that prohibits the killing and eating of animals in general; though there are many animals that are illegal to eat, it is not illegal to eat nonhuman animals

so, if you are in south america, africa, the middle east, etc where abortion is legal, it ISNT murder
though, it is killing, i guess
im not getting on that fucking debate

oh and for the nigga that had his brother killed by a cop, if he was robbing a store with a gun and pointed the gun at the cop, it isnt murder...

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:24 am
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Yaoi Messiahs
Post Re: IT ISNT MURDER
oh and a little fun fact: in the US, it isnt illegal to eat a human, its only illegal to kill the person, desecrate the corpse, or have sex with the body before, during or after consumption (and obviously many other things depending on the situation)
its illegal to aide in suicide also
youll have to find a way around that, hannibal

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:31 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
oh man you gotta hate when everybody goes around saying the cops are racist whenever a black kid gets shot because he was comiting a crime

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
Or how it's police brutality whenever someone keeps resisting.

Yeah, even soldiers killing terrorists in the middle east isn't murder, well at least according to USA, though it might be murder in the middle east. I don't fucking know...

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:30 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
nah its not murder

people that try and stop war against people who need to be stoped are the real murderers because they just let evil men get away with evil things

it often makes me glad to know im not part of the generation that treated the vietnam vetrens like such shit it is by far one of the most disgraceful parts of human history

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:52 am
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: 1991
The US considers soldiers killing people in the Middle East (or any zone considered part of a "Police Action" (name for a war that hasn't been approved by Congress and is under complete control of the president. Hey, I enjoy being American and I like the country, but some of it's really fucked up, that's one thing I really hate) or war) murder if they are not enemy combatants or killed in crossfire with enemy combatants. Like, raiding a village or town and indiscriminately killing people for no good reason (look at the reaction to the Collateral Murder video) is considered murder. But it's under military jurisdiction and while it's illegal and highly unethical, it's rarely investigated. I myself don't believe murder happens very often from our side, but the thing is that it's impossible for us to know because when it does happen it's covered up and hidden away as much as possible.

As for the other things, yes, if you look at the definition of murder, part of it is that it's illegal. But look at electrocution, that's defined as an execution by electricity and yet how often have you or someone else said electrocuted when they really meant electro-shocked or something like that. And then there's the whole shitstorm with the word literally. And that's words. You start getting into phrases like, "Why don't we/you/I" or "I could care less," you really get into common words that no one uses the denotation, they use a connotation that is often antithesis of the actual meaning. Personally, I think that using the denotation is better, it leads to much less confusion and misinterpretation, especially when dealing with people who have English (or most complex languages) as a second language.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]