Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I'm applying at Staples! 
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post I'm applying at Staples!
I found a job on the Jobbank for a Computer Salesperson job. Id be great at that job, because of how much useless knowledge I have about computers.

I'm even over-qualified for the job. Thing is, I'm sort of reluctant to apply for a couple reasons. Even though Id probably blow them away with how skilled I am, people ussually never give me a chance because they ussually think I'm a idiot (Atleast assuming even though most people I meet in RL think I'm some kind of genious) That and the job is only advertised until the 3rd.

The only reason I'm aware of this now is because my career counselor told me about it. She had no idea, since I never told her I was looking for a job because I'm puting most of my effort into my course at school.

You know, sometimes I wish I was a little more alert. I dont look at the job bank much, since most of the time I find crap. You dont see jobs such as this very often in this town. And well, once I'm finished school, even though I love it here, I Might consider moving out west (or even down South) And well, IT jobs do spring up once and awhile, though they're ussually way the fuck out to parts of town that dont have access to public transit.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:48 pm
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
Post Re: I'm applying at Staples!
pinkturbokitty wrote:
I found a job on the Jobbank for a Computer Salesperson job. Id be great at that job, because of how much useless knowledge I have about computers.

I'm even over-qualified for the job. Thing is, I'm sort of reluctant to apply for a couple reasons. Even though Id probably blow them away with how skilled I am, people ussually never give me a chance because they ussually think I'm a idiot (Atleast assuming even though most people I meet in RL think I'm some kind of genious) That and the job is only advertised until the 3rd.

The only reason I'm aware of this now is because my career counselor told me about it. She had no idea, since I never told her I was looking for a job because I'm puting most of my effort into my course at school.

You know, sometimes I wish I was a little more alert. I dont look at the job bank much, since most of the time I find crap. You dont see jobs such as this very often in this town. And well, once I'm finished school, even though I love it here, I Might consider moving out west (or even down South) And well, IT jobs do spring up once and awhile, though they're ussually way the fuck out to parts of town that dont have access to public transit.

Congrats! I'd be good at stuff like that, if you also know how to do the basic hardware stuff too, you can be a PC repairman too... ;)

Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 pm
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
digit-all wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:

Congrats! I'd be good at stuff like that, if you also know how to do the basic hardware stuff too, you can be a PC repairman too... ;)

thanks.
That's what I'm going to school for. Sometimes it's a real drag, since I self taught myself a lot of this stuff I feel like i'm being told how to tie my shoe laces at times because it's
stuff I learned when I was 12.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:21 pm
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
Yeah, I know... I don't need to go to school to learn about stuff I already learned! XD

In fact Hardware is even eaisier than software as long as you have patience, a steady hand, common sense, and no Electro Static Discharge (ESD). :)

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:36 pm
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Yeah, for some reason people think computers are like rocket science. piecing together a computer is like puting together a lego set. (Though then again I remember when I first started how frustrating it was)

r if I go even farther back to when I had very little experience or interest in computers, I remember trying to get a game to run on a Windows 3.1 computer. It told me to get into DOS to play the game, so I did. I tried and I tried and typed every swear word into the dos prompt. Then my dad came home and wondered wtf I was doing.

Yeah. So I guess it's not as easy as I think it is. Since well, people that think I'm so great with computers probably have as much experience with computers as I did when I was 10 years old...

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:15 pm
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:
Yeah it is like legos... I STILL play with those things, you can never get too old for them.

As for the DOS prompt, ROFL!

Actually, the OS I grew up on? Windows Me. I know slow. I know unstable, and I know patience.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
digit-all wrote:
Yeah it is like legos... I STILL play with those things, you can never get too old for them.

As for the DOS prompt, ROFL!

Actually, the OS I grew up on? Windows Me. I know slow. I know unstable, and I know patience.

Well, I'm too old for them. I liked those things when I was like, umm 12.

And blah. Windows ME. I really feel sorry for you. I spent most of my time starting with Computers with Windows 95 and 98. I think our first computer was a 286. I never was interested in it... just to play a game I had to get dad to type the stuff in.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]