Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 General no spam and serious definition needed more defined 
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post General no spam and serious definition needed more defined
Okay. Well I notice a lot of people post things in no spam that probably should be in serious and vice versa. And this may be why a lot of people dont even bother to post in no spam and serious and instead post everything in spam.

So I guess it might shed some light if I told you how I intrepreted where certain topics go... Atleast for the main 3 boards of FH. (The other ones are pretty obvious)

General Spam
Pointless mindless dribble. Nonconstructive posts and replies. Pointless images, youtube embeds etc. Funny stuff. Urls to sites people think are kind of cool. You see general no spam-ish posts in here quite a bit.

General no spam
Constructive conversations about general light topics, such as relationships, things about peoples lives. If it's entirely pointless it doesnt belong in here in originating topics of replies to threads. Worksafe. (You see a lot of weird spam in here sometimes, or topics that may have fit in better in serious)

Serious
Hot topics such as religion, politics, and philosophy. Things that arent really general and a lot of people have disagreements about, also worksafe like general no spam.

I believe if someone made the definitions for these less broad... More coherent posts would be attracted and maybe more fun stuff in spam since people wont be so confused between the different mindsets while in general spam.

General spam = total anarchy. Everywere else in FH = lax but well defined rules.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:22 pm
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: General no spam and serious definition needed more defined
We did at one time define them more. We then thought our community was competent.

Anyway, here is a guide to help things:
The Generals are in a way tired
Level 1: Spam - Anything.
Level 2: No Spam - Some level of quality and relevance, even if just funny relevance.
Level 3: Serious - High quality, thought provoking topics and posts in a discussion/debate format. This is where intellectual propositions and disputes are handled.

Everything that CAN go in a higher level tier, is also allowed in a lower level tier. Thus: Broadest, broad, restricted. We don't want to heavily define, since doing so would lead to some things which should be allowed in one category do to specifics being disallowed due to broad restrictions which could never fit everything. We the admins and mods however can look at things on a case by case basis and deal with it without such rules. And, this way, people don't have to be as worried about making sure their topics fit some set criteria.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:43 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]