Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Disproving God 
Level 3
Level 3

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: Disproving God
CarsitoPyg wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Lol, your arguments suck.

If only I had the balls to just flat out say that instead of playing his games of "lol, what kinds of proofs you needs, sir".

anyway, break down the ten commandments and my response (for shits and giggles):
1. "I am the Lord, your God/No Gods before me/no false Idols" - Asking a lot of me when you can't even prove that you exist, sir.
2. "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God". - But what if I stub my toe? And really, what is your name? Is it Iehova or Jesus?
3. "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy". - Like how all the Christians do?
4. "Honor your father and your mother" - Oh right, teach us to never question authority... religion :awesome
5. "You shall not kill/murder" - What if he broke into my house? Or is it not considered murder if I can prove to a court that I had reasonable reason to believe that my life was endangered :fall
6. "You shall not commit adultery" - Open relationships are getting more popular now a days. Lots of hot women to fuck, so little time.
7. "You shall not steal" - Reasonable
8. "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor" - What if it's one of those situations where I'm wearing a wire and have to get the guy to confess by lying and shit... is that alright?
9. "Don't covet your neighbor's wife" - I think it's up to the wife on who she wants to fuck, not mine or my neighbors, you chauvinistic pig.
10. "You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor" - What about property line disputes?

we have a winrar

We can't EVER go back to Arizona

Mon May 31, 2010 10:53 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
if you want solid proof that god does not exist just watch: "Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking: The Story Of Everything"

Mind = BLOWN

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
ahem

the way i see it is religion is merely faith that when you die there is more to do than just sit in the ground bored as fuck alot of religions try and cram their teaching down your throat
i am sorry for this
but this is no exscuse for athiests to act like angsty teenagers and act like EL OH EL RELGIONS IS FUR DUMB PEEPZ LOLOLOLOL every time they hear someone has a religion

religion is what brought modern culture to what it is now

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 14
Level 14

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
That still doesn't mean that things would've gone terribly wrong without religion, it's the path people took back in it's time and being fair religions have killed far more people than all kinds of genocides together.

Plus I really don't like their paternalistic settings or how they attempt to inculcate existentialist fear in their followers.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
NexX wrote:
That still doesn't mean that things would've gone terribly wrong without religion, it's the path people took back in it's time and being fair religions have killed far more people than all kinds of genocides together.

Plus I really don't like their paternalistic settings or how they attempt to inculcate existentialist fear in their followers.

this is true religion has caused many wars many genocides i dont think God in anyway has commanded the spanish to start with the inquisition. People of olden times like that were scared people where life and death was a daily matter all they really HAD to cling onto was religion and often times would use it to their benifeit to remove people or in some cases "a people"(mass amounts of people)

frankly i picked the religion that i have at least some sort of tangible evidence, thatd be Noahs ark, atheists how do you explain Noahs ark being found ontop of where the bible says?
:whysosrs

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:53 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
A grain of truth in a sea of gritty bullshit. And that doesn't mean that the whole story is true. And to be precise a splinter of wood was found on a hill... and someone claims it's from the ark. I could spend all day tearing the story of Noah's ark apart. but I'll give a few quick points.

1. 5 million species of animal exist today and that is 1 percent of all the animals that have ever existed. And that's just species there are thousands of different phylum in each individual species so let's just say... there is an average of only 1000 phylum in each species times that by 5 million you get 5 trillion (5,000,000 x 1000 = 5,000,000,000) and he needed two of each so that's 10 trillion.(5,000,000,000 x 2 = 10,000,000,000) I'll take off two because god let the dragon and unicorn bite the dust (2 x 2 = 4 x 1000 = 4000) so...10,000,000,000 - 4,000 = 9,999,996,000. Next I'll be generous and remove half of the original number and mark it as Marine animals and semi-aquatic(Including amphibians) animals so 10,000,000,000/2 = 5,000,000,000 - 4,000 = 4,999,996,000. More generosity as I'll have 2 trillion be birds which can fly for 40 days and 40 nights(Not logically possible but let's say God gave them strength.) 4,999,996,000 - 2,000,000,000 = 2,999,996,000 I can't really see any more reasons to take any more animals so let's move onto the size of the ark. It was 300 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 50 cubits wide. so 300 by 50 by 30 and a cubit is 45.72cm and 1 inch is 2.5 cm so a cubit is 18.288 inches 300 x 18.288 = 5,486.4. 5280feet is a mile so 5486.4 - 5280 = 206.4 thusly 1 mile and 206.4 feet. A decent length. Next is 50 x 18.288 = 914.4 feet also good for width. Subsequently the next problem I shall do is 30 x 18.288 = 543.64 feet is a good height. so I'll go ahead and assume the ark was a perfect box.(And it wasn't) so 5486.4 x 914.4 (And he isn't packing them like boxes so no height but I'll multiply it by three for different floors but there are no stairs so god teleported them into the different floors) = 497104.416 square feet x 3 = 1,491,313,248 sq. ft. Let's say each animal takes up an average of 1 sq feet (exceedingly generous) 1 x 2,999,996,000 = 2,999,996,000 sq feet consumed. Now you might argue that 1000 different types of each animal is too many so I'll say god didn't like half of them and killed them all leaving 500 of each type so I'll divide the species number by two 2,999,996,000/2 = 1,499,998,000 and multiply that by the 1 sq ft (1,499,998,000 x 1 = 1,499,998,000)

So let's go over the stats
Space available: 1,491,313,248 sq. ft.
Average space taken by animal: 1 sq ft.
Number of animals: 10,000,000,000
Number of animals able to survive in water and thus not on ark: 5,000,000,000
Number of animals able to fly and thus not on ark: 2,000,000,000
Number of animals on ark after god kills half of them: 1,499,998,000
Space taken by animals on ark: 1,499,998,000 sq. ft.
Space taken by 40 days worth of food for the animals: Yet to be considered
Space taken by X number of days worth of food trying to find a place to land: Yet to be considered
Space taken by 40 days worth of drinkable water: Yet to be considered
Space taken by X number of days worth of drinkable water trying to find a place to land.
Space taken for 40 + X days worth of food and water for Noah and his family: Yet to be considered

I know I left several holes in this argument but I'm bored and tired and blah blah blah your Religion is full of shit and you know it.

PS I'm not Atheist I'm Deist so don't call me an Atheist.

Spoiler: show

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
Ah the good old "how many animals can be fit on the ark" stick
there is indeed evidence of dinosaurs and extremely large animals however evidence of large animals that existed long ago doesn't particularly disprove anything, it is perfectly feasible for noah to have left animals to large behind

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:23 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I see you didn't bother to acknowledge the fact that the ark wasn't found at all but only a splinter of wood that is assumed to be from the ark.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
actually in the 80s a turk found the whole thing
when they came back due to it being on a glacier half of it broke off and fell down
half still remains and people visit it every now and then
the other half that fell is now under cover and when they use metal detectors they made an outline of its skeletal structure from bronze rivets

some scientists are making claims that it was just corrals made by shepherds however due to the grand size of what they found i highly doubt they had half a football fields worth of cattle that high up and it makes me wonder how(or why) they would make a wooden structure ontop of a glacier let alone how they would get said wood up there
half a foot ball field and a skeletal structure is hardly a splinter

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:07 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
And your word proof does not make. If I am to believe this I will have to have proof of it. By the way, do you know that dragons existed long ago. They found a skeleton in the mountains around Poland. And that they breathed fire not with magic but with a vestigial lung that held methane gasses which would be ignited if the choose to do so? They also found the burial shroud of Jesus in Jerusalem. And The Salem Witch Trials were caused bye something called Ergot Poisoning which was caused by contaminated Rye which the settlers had been eating. Moses didn't actually part the red Sea There was a natural Phenomenon similar to a Tsunami that emptied the ocean, and Aliens taught the Egyptians all they knew and experimented on them making Chimera's which is how images like Ra And Anubis came to be made.

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE7nN80d ... re=related
looks like lots of people have been saying they found the ark
honestly cant say what site is the real ark but that really doesn't disprove there being one

i dont doubt the discovery of fire breathing dragons there is nothing very far fetched about them, to think that dragons dont exist would be like saying dinosaurs didnt exist
did you know the loch ness monster is just a water breathing dinosaur thats gone undetected for a really really long time?
did you also know that there were giant 16 feet tall skeletons found?
the significance of the giants would be before the flood there was a giant canopy of water above the earth(wich during the flood rained down) causing a basic hyperaric(SP firefox wont fix it) chamber effect letting living organisms thrive?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:23 am
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Hm... go on get the rest of it. By the way I know the existence of dragons isn't quite far fetched. But I chose to start with them because apparently they all died when God flooded the earth. Something about being consumed with their own vanity and greed I think it was.

And it is very possible for it to not be detected for all these years, and if it has it would be a living fossil like the Coelacanth.

I did know about the giants, but it would give some validity to the whole David story... but I would have to turn you over to the discovery channel special that disproved the theory about cyclops existing. because it's the same. I would like to know if they've for a fact found a skull.

there was a giant canopy of water above the earth(wich during the flood rained down) causing a basic hyperaric(SP firefox wont fix it) chamber effect letting living organisms thrive?

And this just confuses me... except for the part about where if enough water to flood the earth came down... where did it go?

Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
ReinaHarden wrote:

And this just confuses me... except for the part about where if enough water to flood the earth came down... where did it go?

the canopy of water itself isnt enough to cause such a major flood, however with how geology works and how it is constantly changing there is untold amounts of water underground which could have flooded (for what they knew at the time was the whole world) their whole continent and put it completely underwater, then geology changing again (earthquakes ect ect) the water can recede back down into the earth or simply drain itself into what we know as the ocean today

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:36 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Oh it was just a continent... Well that would mean the bible is lying because god said he was going to flood the WHOLE WORLD... not just a continent.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
and? at the time that was there whole world (for all we know it could have been pangia and the flood waters broke shit up)
there are alot of translation issues

the NIV bible says that the ark landed on mount Ararat but greek and arabic bibles say mountains of Ararat some things dont translate so well into our english

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:12 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next