Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Faith/religion/beliefs/philosophy 
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: פlᴉʇɔɥʎ¿¡Crime Squad
Post Faith/religion/beliefs/philosophy
Okay, screw it. I'm going to ask something easy. And controversial. And personal. Something literally anyone can reply to. And even though its probably been asked before, I don't feel like hunting down a thread for it. So let me ask you, what do you believe? And don't give me some half-assed answer like "I'm a christian." Even fucking priests don't fully believe all the shit the bible tells them. They teach it, but what they think behind closed doors is their business. I'm asking about your entire philosophy on life. For example:

I don't know exactly where I'm going to end up standing on the whole spiritual aspect. However, I hate the concept of God or gods, and don't believe in it at all. On the subject of an afterlife, or something similar, I have no clue. As far as I'm concerned, Ill live without caring what happens after I die. If I make it worthwhile, it doesn't matter if I get a second chance or what. Which brings me to a bit of my philosophy. I don't like looking at the world in anyones perspective but my own. As far as I'm concerned, that mentality breeds creativity, ambition, and self drive without any external motivation. That kind of stems from the physics principal of there not being any "true" point of view (see Einsteins theory of relativity), though I had come to that conclusion beforehand, and that's more of a supporting point than anything. As for rules and regulations... Society needs them, because people are idiots. That quote from the first Men in Black movie comes to mind. "A person is smart, people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals." I feel too many people think collectively, and that's why rules are required. If everyone thought from their own, undiluted viewpoint the world would be a much more interesting place, for better or worse. But rules breed that exact collective consciousness they seek to control, and as such people who have control over rules aim to keep them in place. He who controls the law controls society is what I'm saying, I suppose. Personally, I prefer natural consequence as my governing principal. Act like an idiot and you'll be treated like one. Be an idiot and you'll get taken advantage of.

Okay, enough rambling from me. That's enough to start. Comments, questions, insults, your own personal theory?

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:57 am
Profile E-mail
PostThis post was deleted by 「H A N Z O」 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:11 am.
Reason: Not fit for general serious. Please keep on topic and don't bring up your supposed immortaility here
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Post Re: Faith/religion/beliefs/philosophy
Well, where to start. I'm going to first say the thing I will not be able to explain. I believe in God. True, unrestrained Love, is what God is for me. The reason for my thinking would take very long to explain, if explainable at all, and is extremely hard to put in text, or even words. It is and accumulation of my experiences if you wish.

Now for what is more tangible and easy to explain. Something thats similar to what you just said. I believe in humans, and the Law of Action and Consequence. If you do something intentionally, have a set view on reality, or have an opinion etc. you stand for it, wether you are right or wrong. Because this is something that you with your Will and as a person do/say think or believe in. If someone convinces you otherwise, good, now you believe in that. Now stand for it. And take the consequences for that too. People are smarter than we think. The dumbing down of humanity is because of numbness towards reality. We are fully capable, within our own liferules that we live by of course, of making decisions. We mostly, not always, but mostly know what our actions entail. Even if we found it out in hindsight. The current trend of running from responsibility is a farse and the doom of mankind. No one wants to stand for anything anymore. Blame eachother. Blame anything, as long as they dont have to take responsibility.

We ARE. We EXIST. We THINK. We FEEL. So we should act more like it. In short, life is what you make of it, or how much you hide under the carpet.

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
I believe in God. there is no way we can exist without him. I understand modern physics and God is the only answer. so many different ways to prove this but you guys started out with the moral argument. the only way that there can be a true right or wrong is if a being that exists outside of time makes it. and then now there needs to be someone to prove that there are these objective reality in order to prove God exists. the closest thing to an objective statement I have come to is that existence exists. may the external reality our eyes see and that science observes be an illusion only subject to people of this physical universe, it still doesn't deny the fact that the existence exists and that truth is truth. Philosophy uses two different kinds of reasoning, inductive which says something like the sun has risen every day so it will rise again tomorow, which if the sun gets sucked into a black hole will not happen so it isn't 100 percent certain. then deductive reasoning which says that a dog is a mammel and a mammel is an animal therefore a dog is an animal. this basically says that a dog is a dog, and this holds what truth is, and even if this world is an illusion it still holds facts through the end of time(like if a dog changes form in a different part of time it would be different, one can argue that it is the same because we call it the same name but that would be in two different time era's which would be the key point in why it is different (it is different by 1000years in the same way (ingoring all other facts) horses are the same as giraffes exept the 50 foot long neck)), even if time is an illusion and not truly real. therfore through this space-time we are in we can use it to represent the backdrop of what kind of world Heaven would be. even if all we can imagine is a 4 dimensional world of it, that is atleast enough to believe that reality objectively exists due to the fact that out subjective reality exists even as just an illusion.

Sat May 18, 2013 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
hi

I've said this before, I happen to be an angel. I'm written in revelation chapter 10.

Nice to meet you, now the bible says; humans are not graced with the full knowledge of God, but the angels are. however if an angel such as myself explains such to you being human you might not fully grasp what I mean, that failure to grasp it will prevent you from knowing the knowledge of God. but if you should succeed you will have a long road full of trials ahead and the only way out is to rise above them and become an angel of good, or give-in to them and become an angel of evil, to stay in the middle is to stay in eternal torment and death. you have been warned. if you still persist read on.

Spoiler: show
The truth is that the truth has been in the bible since the beginning, all the stuf you feel no one can truely believe is because they can't understand how it's possible or can't understand the meaning in it's most clear light.

God what is a god? well the bible in english uses 2 forms of the word let us differentiate between capital "God" and "god" the first is used to refer to Jehovah who is the great I am. the second is used to refer to men with special powers and even fake gods created by the minds of men.

let us continue, God, God is quite simply (is as clear language as I can say: Everything that exists combined with everything that doesn't exist according to our perception. he is the beginning and the end for they are mere figments of a plot in his mind. he is a programmer and designer and this is one of his videogames. all of life the universe and everything comes down to yes or no questions that we are presented with on a per instance basis.

life really is just that simple, we are likened to like being in a videogame, the bible is the rulebook that we should follow to win at the game, infact it's many laws are not to be a burden to us but rather to help us, because we don't always see all ends and can't fathom the consequenses of our actions some possible years down the road.

do I believe in jesus? yes, what is jesus? a body, a body that god used as a finger puppet, a remote controlled robot made of flesh and bone and bits of squishy stuff likened to our own. jesus had no mind of his own, only God, that when god left him he died.

it is that simple God does exist, he is existence itself and beyond he is in everything and yet lets everything have freewill except that it should violate his master plan.

any further more specific questions can be answered as they come.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat May 18, 2013 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Nice to meet you too good sir. First off I am Jewish and I don't believe in the old testament. I agree with you in the fact that if someone says human, it being a word not everyone will know and understand the full definition. And by using linear thought try to explain what eternal death means? xD it's a complete contradiction in word play. And yes it says in the Torah that if we see the true light of God, (His Face) we will die. I believe that there can only be One true God, any deviation from this wouldn't be the true God but a divided piece of God like an angel, while I believe we just represent God as a symmetry of God, "made in His image". and in the Torah it even states that we can do anything, so we can pretend to be like God and perform magic, but never to the scope God can. I like to use math saying we can reach the limit of infinity but not be infinity. A good example of what we can't do is be nothing but still retain our individuality. And I would agree that we are in His "game" (daily affairs can be created by us in a programed world with binary code 0 and 1's just like yes and no's) in that He created us but it isn't a game that we play. (SAO refference XD) I have some questions about the Laws He presents us if you want to chat give me your chatango account mine is "hardsofteyes". and the free will argument I have questions like does God have freewill? I would answer and say that it is beyond the scope of human thought.

Sat May 18, 2013 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Also I disagree that once on this track of trials that we can never change who we are before death. Once born a man you will die a man.

Sat May 18, 2013 11:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
I've been born and raised in a majority atheist area, so I might be biased. But anyway, here I go.

If there is a god, s/he's either a sadist, incompetent or a lazy game player.

Lot's of bad things happen in the world, and god seems helpless to fix'em. Like North Korea. I'd list 'em out, but I'd probably break the server again. :P

My personal philosophy is to seek contentment in life, and to follow my dreams - and leave my work for the next generation to borrow/improve on. I've done stupid things in my life - things I sometimes regret; but all in all, I think I've done okay.

4 pcs.

Sun May 19, 2013 12:16 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Well I believe that God is all good and the reason He created chaos is in order for us to know the difference between good and bad and give us freewill to choose between. (and in the end show in all it's glory why good will triumph)

Sun May 19, 2013 12:41 am
Profile E-mail
PostThis post was deleted by hardsofteyes on Sun May 19, 2013 3:08 am.
Reason: too much ranting
PostThis post was deleted by hardsofteyes on Sun May 19, 2013 3:19 am.
Reason: not true
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Idk if you are supporting pepsi max or not cuz u show a picture saying mepsi pax but since it does have the same logo and other similarties, pepsi max contains aspartame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wuol172fs-E

Sun May 19, 2013 3:21 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
you see, you fail to grasp the spiritual, the physical is obvious but the spritual is elusive to the human mind.

the bible says that when you go to heaven you will be as the angels. it is possible for a man's soul to become angelic. and likewise his/her body will have longevity and/or complete immortality. the length of your earthly life at that point depends on God's will for you, but to become an angel after being a man is truely an honor beyond compare. for it means you are both a son of God given salvation from sins and an angel of God.

in otherwords an angel that cannot fall.

Eternal death, a good question, the the ancient hebrew manuscripts and the greek manuscripts of the new testament there are 2 distinct different references to this;

1: eternal death; to continuously die throughout eternity I.E. reliving death in terrible ways for eternity.

2: eternal death; to cease existing after being thrown in the lake of fire. thus to have died eternally with no life and no chance to ever be existent again nor shall you have existed, you will have been erased from this particular book.

does God have free will? : yes being an angel I know this first hand and will try to explain it as clearly as possible; God has the freest of free wills, infact his free will is already in motion and is happening day by day. Just as a game developer or book writer, he chose to design the book to take these turns, he chose to make man the way he is in this universe, he chose everything from the beginning though he honestly could have chose us to be however he wants and it would have been good. so long as he wrote the laws of our existence then so long as we followed those laws we would live good lives.

yes, God has free will, the freest of free wills, everything in the world was his choice it was his choice to make this world "good" not "perfect"

even satan was designed "good" but turned evil through his own free will as did man.

you should believe in the old testament, it is truth, as is the new, but beware the apocraphy or however it is spelled, false writers posing as the apostles of jesus made fake troll letters trying to confuse the church. you can tell however that the writing style in the original documents is wildly different from the true writings of the apostles.

and be not confused at the cult that is Islam the muslim cult. in thier most ancient text the name of thier one god was allilah the goddess of the moon, to this day the symbol of the crescent moon still stays with that dangerous cult. Islam originated 300 years after christ, thier religion is Preposterous. they are a cult that has been hellbent on killing and war since before they were even "muslim" before they even had a goddess.

you can become a son of god through the Son of God Jesus Because he invited you even though no one was worthy of that invitational gift. Jesus went to hell and paid for everyone's sins no matter how foul, he broke your fate from that of hell if you should just believe on him. God allows all men to become a different creature than they were born as, this means a different spiritual creature, this is said in the new testament, you must be born again, you must be born of the spirit of god through jesus christ by believing he is God and he did save you and by loving the commandments and word of god.

@Yom, god isn't lazy at all, and definitly not either of the other things, God Created the game we live in, God Set the rules, God Wrote the story of how it will all play out, there is only one ending and only one beginning, the middle was given largely to us, certain events in the middle are preordained and cannot be changed, but the majority of our lives is filled with free will, God is still there, God still wants to help each and every soul, but he is reluctant to help those who don't follow him and don't love or keep his commandments or words.

he leaves you with a promise and you will be able to see that promise in effect throughout history, if you do not keep his commandments and word then your whole country will enter into trials and hard times, even war, troubles and enslavement at the hands of other countries. BUT if your country should turn from your own ways and repent and believe only in god then his promise is that he will raise up your country and free you from troubles, enslavement and defeat any who dare come against you in war.

though do not provoke the lord God by starting wars, he will defend you if you are right in him.

Personally; on a personal level if you are truely saved and truely cry ot for aid, he will give it, no matter if your country is evil God will take care of his own.

God isn't ignoring you, hes not lazy, he's not incompetent, he doesn;t liek whats happening at all, but he is keeping his promise both to the evil and to the good. you can't possibly understand his lamentation, he wants to help, he loves everyone, he doesn't want people to be evil or cause trouble for eachother, but people... God is honoring his word. and yet if things get really super bad God will step in and judge all in the vacinity, pray you are not one of them.

God loves us, but we also must fear him. for if we are evil, then fear ye the lord.

and may god give you time to follow him, may god lead you well, please give him a real chance.

God will do his part to keep the order of the master plan for this world, but he will not do Your part to keep you from trouble unless you truely serve him.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun May 19, 2013 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
so am I damned beyond redemption if I never believe in the whole Jesus died for my sins part? And if I break His Law and act immorally??? I doubt, if there is this whole judgement in the after life process, the objective code whether or not this person or this person will or will not be saved and why and why not can ever be made understandable by a man's mind. No man is made morally perfect and there shouldn't be a limit on who is morally permissable or not. I'd say the closest to a universal objective code to say whether or not you will be given eternal life or not is if you do or don't believe that God who created everything is good or not. All the other stuff just follows and if u don't believe anything past the Torah as long as u still believe God is good the hell and Satan doesn't matter to you, it is just used as a rope to pull people in who aren't Jewish.

Sun May 19, 2013 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
And I say God is good in the respect that we can never understand what perfect is (which He is). He is a level of good beyond light and everything thereafter, so He is Omnibenevolent or all good.

Sun May 19, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next