Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Free internet idea 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Free internet idea
OK, so currently we have an internet system where we log-on through servers which generate IP addresses based on location. these servers are owned in most cases by big name corporate ISPs who charge way too much for them and provide us with slow crappy internet and block us from searching things like torrents and such, not only that they record our searches and 'name names' when the government comes knocking.

I am proposing we work together to develop a free device (or series of devices) that people can make at home with simple supplies or buy from one of us who can make it if they can't be bothered to make it.

So here's the system, We will function off cellphone tower technology with cellphone receivers and routers, we will include a wifi communication relay as well for short distance connectivity.

The goal is to get people to make them and just hang it outside their window, with people making/using one every 1/2 block we will create a wireless network that can be used for free by cellphones, wifi enabled devices ETC. the towers have no data and are merely routers used to transmit our messages over long distances.

The relays will be programmed to only communicate with our Free network, making a new internet therewith. websites that want-in can make a rely for themselves to connect with our network for free in fact donations of relays to big name sites should be a priority, if you like a site, then send them a relay and they are now on teh free internet.

I'm talking a new internet with no wires! an internet owned and controlled by each household with no IP logging capabilities! NO BILLS! just pay your electric and teh internet and cellphone service is free!

Cellphone companies will go bankrupt
internet supplier companies will go bankrupt
We get free internet and phone calls/text messages
we control our internet speed
we host websites on our computers

USA GOVERNAZIS are jelly :errg

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:47 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Free internet idea
So the first step is to figure out how to make cellphone and wifi routers, then how to make it out of every day household stuff like aluminum cans and things we can get easily at hardware stores like copper wire.

Halp?

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/BC//bcs6p3.html

4 pcs.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/BC//bcs6p3.html

OK, nice info, but it doesn't tell us about the internal components of the router. that model connects wireless devices to internet that is hooked up to the router via a cable or ethernet chord. we bassicaly just need the wireless communication part of their tech, that and cellphone tower schematics too.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:52 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
they name names because thats the right thing to do

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
im not going to defend there pricing though that shits fucking unaceptable

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
tuypo1 wrote:
they name names because thats the right thing to do

what if it's a crappy movie or software made by a corporation you don't like? to me, torrenting software is a protest against these companies. because only you an everyone else who doesn't like the company or thinks the movie is shit but they are bored and have nothing else to watch are going to use a torrent, these are people who other than the torrent wouldn't pay to use the software or pay to see the movie /EVER/, so the companies aren't loosing customers, these people never would have been their customers!

it's a protest, a boycott of monopolies

for example adobe flash CS; Who is the competitor in SWF development and reading? SWFTOOLS? LOL they are ok for ripping simple stuff but on the grand scale they can't match the functionality of CS, for that reason Flash is operating as a software monopoly, last I checked monopolies were illegal in america ~ illegal enough to land the company's execs in prison for a life sentence without bail and have their entire company seized and liquidated.

ROW ROW FIGHT TEH POWA

it's the same with windows, I need windows to run programs that aren't on other systems or are hard to emulate, microsoft is an operating system monopoly because they don't release the ability for other OS's to run .exe files. they create a monopoly with thier software by disallowing valid competition.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:27 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
But how will we pay for all of this and maintain it?

Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Topkek wrote:
But how will we pay for all of this and maintain it?

Pay for it; Simple, just pay your electric bill the device will plug into a wall socket, it may raise your electric bill by the same amount as running another computer, which comes to about $10 a month (in the USA, much cheaper in other countries, how much does running 1 computer cost in your country?).

Maintain it; if it breaks, it will be made out of cheap stuff, soup cans, metal wire ETC. just go get a spare can from your garbage or wire from your stash (you're not gonna use a whole roll to make it in the first place, there will be ALOT left over for maintenance).

Connecting to other websites; Each station needs to broadcast an identifier message EX:"I'm CONNECTION POINT 1AFD, I HOST Name: http://www.websitename.com/ OR ComputerIdentity currently using me ex; IPs 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2" so when you want to connect to Forkheads the station/router asks the network "Who the fuck is Forkheads?" and a router in the chain near forkheads server replies "They are fucking 7F6DB MuthaFucka!", then your router establishes a connection and FH loads.

simple set-up, no logging of what connects to whom, just temporary memory that keeps your station name, the website name and the name of any computers currently connected to it.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:14 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Cell towers are pretty expensive to set up.

Other than that, there's already a project to do what you propose that was started by Debian back when the Egyptian government cut off internet to it's people. They're called freedom boxes:
http://freedomboxfoundation.org/

Related though, you'd probably do about as well utilizing newer powerline networking technology, rather than wireless exclusively. Interference will likely be pretty bad, but you might be able to utilize collision detection rather than collision avoidance, which is often better for latency.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:20 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Way back in the days of MSRUS with Sasamisa I came up with several ideas that were this in a nutshell.

My premise was simple: if I owned land, a house, a well, enough solar panels or whatever I would basically have no bills minus property tax which is another matter entirely.

Except I would own no method by which internet access was free or permanent.

Obviously unacceptable I began making my own internet to understand the technology enough to replicate/supplant/improve it. Along the way I ran into the Invisible Internet Protocol (I2P) and link layer 2/3 level topological protocols which replaced things like TCP/IP.

A router is nothing more than a computer with just enough (and sometimes not enough) CPU power to run a basic TCP/IP stack and several network interface cards. The NICs have unique identifiers that are layer 2: machine allocation code, MAC addresses. These are universally unique and handed out by a clearing house type of system. (Each manufacturer gets a range, basically.)

The TCP/IP stack is a set of handlers that decode raw data streams into the "packet" concept with which we're familiar. It says that a packet is so long, constructed in such a way and how to handle the data. A protocol is just a method of handling the data, there is nothing more complicated than that at this level.

TCP/IP is a "mature" protocol and with IP v6 the system actually becomes even simpler. I would recommend using this as a basis for standard "web" traffic with UDP or something else for other types of internet traffic.

At this point I need to clarify: the internet is the network of computers itself whereas the web is the inter-connected structure of sites. "Deep web" is a bullshit term used by idiots who will eventually all get caught with illicit material on their computer because they don't know what the fuck they're talking about. If it's connected to this "web" it's part of that web. There are at least seventeen entire webs that operate almost entirely separate of each other with no, only one-way or very few links between them.

Everything else is just disconnected internet services. A server is a physical computer that hosts a service which is provided by a dæmon (link is to the Wikipedia etymology of the word) and the web is no exception.

So this is the basic list of starting points you'll need to be able to remake the internet/web given a post-apocalyptic scenario where the computers work but the zombies ate the wires. Seriously.

This is where I'm at: economics is supply and demand or put another way the representation of limited resources in values determined by scarcity. If you want a "free as in thought" internet you have it: IP geolocation is very simple to mitigate.

If you want a "free as in beer" internet then you need to make it un-scarce. Abundance past the point of excess and into unlimited. This may never happen as data consumption follows Moore's law and the population of devices will undoubtedly increase over time. Eventually you won't have harddrives you'll just "save" a bit of data to a looping TCP/IP route with a null TTL.

The Forkheads Satellite Network would be a system of server in low Earth orbit (barely above the atmosphere) arranged in such a way as to make the nearest satellite no farther than an acceptable ping time for terrestrial internet connections. Current satellite internet connections make use of satellites in geostationary orbits around the equator: 35,786 kilometers (22,236 miles) away. Compared to the 160 kilometers (99 miles) of a low Earth orbit the round trip at the speed of light is obviously shorter (lower ping times).

The power required for such a WiFi based satellite in LEO is much less than the commercial satellite providers utilizing K-band or Kₔ-band primary uplinks; further, the use of technologies like the Optimized Link State Routing protocol (OLSR) and a WiFi wireless distribution system would allow simple inter-connectivity for end users of the network and simple connections to the existing internet for primary terrestrial bases.

This is of course in addition to the design of satellites: I advocate solid state components for obvious reasons with the two exceptions being the orientation gyroscope and the possibility of a reactionless drive or ion thruster depending on how far the engineering comes along by deployment time. The main body will need to be composed of a woven carbon fiber chassis framework with enclosing panels of the same material. The avionics cluster will need to have self-resetting overload protection and full electromagnetic shielding.

The server portion will need a multi-path heat dissipation system allowing heat to be radiated into space along whichever path leads away from the sun. The capabilities of the server will need to exceed that of the network by at least the projection of the useful lifespan of the satellite which given our insanity will be enormous. I wouldn't be surprised to see recommendations for yottaflop capable CPUs and with maxed out ZFS drives. This will also need significant electrical/magnetic isolation and it's own internal power source; ZPR.

The communications portion will be a separate portion than the server and have a cluster of "spot beam" type antennas to isolate signals from narrow wedges of the surface of the Earth (or Moon, Mars, whatever) to allow better SNRs and lower transmit amplitudes. This portion will also have lateral antennas to communicate with neighboring satellites in the network allowing routing of data above the atmosphere so the data travels on the satellite network for as long as possible before needing to reach ground.

If the server is on the satellite network then the end user may never have to communicate with a ground station at all. Servers which connect directly to the satellite network allow the end user to connect solely through the satellite network and have their data follow a constantly changing path which still respects client identity: the server will recognize the client even when the satellites change position.

Satellites utilizing WiFi allow every current WiFi device to access the network natively needing only a view of the sky. WiFi frequencies penetrate clouds and such much better than higher frequency traditional satellite bands. WiFi has all the technologies to make seamless transfer of data streams from access point to access point and the OLSR allows the satellites to reroute the data mid-stream without interruption. This would be enough internet for mobile users to enjoy reasonable speeds; fixed-location stations would have a much more capable antenna and so much higher bandwidth without any preferential scheduling by the satellites. A fixed location station might also act as a downlink/uplink/bridge increasing overall network bandwidth.

Data will flow over the network using a modification of the I2P structure where it is encrypted twice, end-to-end, with only destination and entry point IPs plaintext. This ensures that no middle man can access the data, that no middle man may alter the data (without destroying it) and that only the intended dæmon/client on the intended server/terminal.

Access will of course be free to use and free from filtering with reasonable constraints on hosting in the network due to limits of capacity and the portion dedicated to our efforts to retain all data forever.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I read the entire fluffy wall of text.

it's a good idea, the question becomes how do you plan to keep our FH satellite in orbit when it is below the electromagnetic field. my principles of physics say an object will fall without constant upward force equal to the downward pull of earth's magnetic core.

thats the prob with corps they like to land-sit. all the rich bastards in control own all the sattellite space in the orbiting zone for small apparatus.

if not oribiting and at a lower height our server will also encounter atmospheric resistance which at satellite speeds of 2k to 4k miles per hour would cause combustion. :fireeye

I can make a UFO but even those suffer at the hands of combustion in the atmosphere, in fact many use it as a powersource, all those flaming UFOs we've seen in the news? they have a super cold channel in thier middle and a blisteringly hot exterior at 4k c. the reason is that in a static electric atmosphere like ours this will cause mass aggitation of airborne electrons towards the cold collection relays. aka they are stealing our electricity cause they see we are too dumb to use it ourselves and still try to create it ourselves by other means.

if you need a satellite in orbit, all we need to do is blast down satellites controlled by people we don't like. space is a free realm with no laws, that high up is out of international court jurisdiction. besides if we attack them from space there will be no traceable energies to an earth location.

so the first step is to build a UFO, then build the satellite and a satellite "move over bitch' beam gun.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:53 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
It's all about breaking the first law of motion. My LTE is a reactionless drive powered by my ZPR allowing the satellite to stay in orbit indefinitely. In short, the satellite could stay in geostationary "orbit" even within the atmosphere not unlike an ultralight craft with solar panels.

The other option is a Bussard scoop to catch fuel and using the ZPR to drive an ion propulsion system. This is not the preferred method (obviously being inferior to the LTE) but will work if I'm unable to complete the LTE technology in time for launch.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:31 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]