with your meaningless garbage. 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

A note on post count 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post A note on post count
First I'm going to point out where this thread is: Gen Serious.

I'm not passive aggressive like those fuckwits on facebook: Gummy I'm directly talking to you here. You are required to read and understand this entire post.

Back in the glory days of Forkheads when Yom, HANZO, TENT, Klacid, et al. knew little or nothing about how forums worked it was mostly because they didn't have to because someone else was doing the heavy lifting. Invision Free and other such hosted forums shouldered the administrative burden of running a forum so the "admins" could police the content.

The important thing to note is that in those days spam—which by its very definition is wholly detrimental—filled entire swathes of the forum because there was no obvious problem with doing so.

Things have changed. Even my 417 posts which all only say "Fine." eat up a considerable amount of database capacity and shorten the effective lifetime of the forum.

Yom is an amazing systems operator! I can not stress that enough. Given the heritage and legacy of Forkheads there are certain rules which are required to be preserved and allowing "spam" is one of them. Necroposting is another.

This is your "with great power comes great responsibility" speech and I'm your uncle Ben. You respond to every thread without any meaningful contribution and it goes largely overlooked. We might call you an idiot or the like for necroposting threads that nobody needs to see rise from the dead but that is how hazing works.

If you managed to read my post in another dead thread you might notice that it is long. I quote a lot of other people in that thread and don't leave any gaps in logic. My argument was sound but largely targeted to the topic. It is sadly incomplete as a guide to male behavior in one very important aspect: hazing.

Hazing is extremely important in life. Hazing is the natural response to undesirable behavior. When I fuck up I get shit about it. The first question might be "are you ok?" but the second question is "what did you learn?" I smashed my thumb in an industrial CNC lathe putting a nice sized hole in it. After I mopped up the blood and went back to work the predominating question was "how the hell did you manage to do that?" and my response?

"If you're going to fuck up go big or go home."

I got hazed for managing to nearly lose a finger and didn't even stop working. Hell, I actually sped up… The point I'm making is that yes, we verbally (textually?) abuse each other here because it helps us grow. We learn, we see our mistakes and we become better people who will not make the same mistakes again.

One thing we've learned is that post count and status on the board are not the same thing. I'm some dumbshit wrench from the army who Joshex invited here about two years ago from Yahoo! messenger. I'm nobody special at all. The only reason you know my name (which is always spelled with a lowercase "f": citation) is because I have brought meaningful contributions and interesting content to the community.

I want to dwell on the use of the word "community" for a minute because more than a forum we are a group of people. A forum is a website where people interact. Our chatbox and skype group(s) supplement our interactions but we are not defined by the forum or chats; we are defined by our flavor. Forkheads leaves a taste in your mouth which is unlikely to ever leave.

Once a Forkhead, always a Forkhead.

Here we are all equals, this is anarchy at its finest. Yom is not the police who keeps us from breaking any arbitrary rules: he is the poor soul suffering alone to maintain this den of equity. The reason you can enjoy fucking off is that he slaves away every day to bring us this wonderful place.

"Active" and "spammed" are two distinct things which do not mix. Sure, post count for the forum has risen since you came… in the worst way possible. You had managed to surpass my post count, a number which means nothing to me, but then wanted to gloat about it like your 886 posts were somehow superior to my 859… 37% of my posts are now the word "Fine." and that still doesn't make my average post length drop under a fucking kilobyte.

If you want to kill the forum you're doing a bang up job—not that it'll work, mind you. If you want to reinvigorate the forum you might want to try a different tactic. Your posts are cast, there is nothing to do about them now. If you want to grow from this interaction perhaps think about what it is you're posting before you do it.

Your loli thread is a great place to really invest some time, not just throwing a link but really finding some good hentai and taking the time to embed it.

Maybe browse the forums and carefully consider what your role in all the madness is. Posts that just go "cool" or "not cool" do not make the community a better place; stories about sinus infections that culminate in a comparison between someone's mother and a bloody booger are what make us a great community.

99% of the rest of Forkheads have entire lives outside of here, most of us working towards some personal goal to be better people or at least the kind of person we want to be. That's what makes us beneficial to the community: we all pool our talents and resources and when we interact everyone's unique flavor blends into a rich and wondrous unique flavor… which is often expressed as violent catgirls and lolicon disguised as a video game.

So what's your flavor? What weapons did you bring into our fray? Enough of this post whoring, be someone! Unless you're just a post whore in which case please restrict your spam to Gen Spam where it fucking belongs because I'm sick of your shit clogging up the forums where new posts are supposed to be worth reading.

Seriously, I fucking made a reaction images folder and put it online then even upgraded my skype (against my will) just to be able to respond with images and you fucking come along and post trash quality, shit-tier image macros which just makes it look like using image macros is for full retards. Half the time they don't even mean anything when you use them or are from garbage anime nobody cares about saying things that aren't even worth reading.

Your "gummy spam" is also the weakest shit I've ever seen. That's in addition to the fact that you're basically spamming and trolling people you're supposed to be endearing yourself to. Yes, we'll do stupid little spammy things once in a while but if you keep up the stupid shit we'll all be glad when you leave at the end of summer.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:09 am
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Post Re: A note on post count
Hey Yom, give this guy mod and the ability to edit. I think it will be interesting to see someone with this much passion left in them keeping the forum clean.

And as for the whole thing you're talking about, it warms my mildly evil little heart that we got someone with enough spunk to tell someone to get straight or fuck off, and makes it work in Gen. serious. Kudos to you fluffy! We need more people like this.

Now I don't know much about the workload of a forum, as that is the sort of thing that bores me. Thus I leave it to my betters.

Also, when talking about the activity..... It's always been this way. Although, the later years have been relatively grim. But the moment when new guys came in that kept posting beyond the 2 posts for introduction and getting access, was a bright day for FH. We need more people like that, and to adapt to the times or we're dead.

Keep it up people, keep growing. Keep making this place what it is.

Or as I usually say...... both as a joke in spam, but at the same time something for me serious.

Please, oh PLEASE. Entertain me.

:)

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:17 am
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I hate being serious....

One, I'm not going anywhere. I fucking love this place. As long as I have a computer, an internet connection and a loli or two, you can expect me to be here for the fall, winter, spring, and next summer. I'm pretty hurt you compared me to those one to two post having assholes who only want free hentai they saw in their favorite sex kitten game.

Two, I appreciate your "concern" and "advice" that you are giving me, but to be totally honest, I will probably ignore some of it. True, I have been overdoing it as of late with the whole "Gummy Spam" ordeal, but I wouldn't say I'm trying to kill the forum. If it seemed so, I do apologize.

Three, I don't think I agree with your stance on hazing, although I don't dislike it. It really didn't seem like hazing here at this forum, though. To be completely honest, I preferred the treatment on this forum over all the other past forums I had joined.

Finally, I am especially hurt that you believe all I do is spam and post random bullshit. I think about everything I post here. Weather it's how I should respond, how many times I should post a certain word or phrase, or even if I should post at all. The whole Gummy Spam thing was one of those instances, but to be completely honest, I could have managed it better than I should have.

But spamming isn't all I do. And I merely wanted to spark a friendly rivalry since it seemed you didn't post as much as my other senpais.

Unlike my loli topic, my story I update, the LGY remake me and chaos are attempting, and the three other stories I was going to post, but never finished due to time restraints are sfw and users without special privileges could see and enjoy. But hey, I just a brainless, spamming disease that's trying to kill fh with his stupidity, right?

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I love it when people make lists as a rebuttal. So let's do you the same respect.
KingGMY wrote:
you compared me to those one to two post having assholes
Where did I do that.
KingGMY wrote:
I appreciate your "concern" and "advice" that you are giving me
You're the first person to use both words you put in quotes; who are you quoting.
KingGMY wrote:
To be completely honest, I preferred the treatment on this forum over all the other past forums I had joined.
That's because we only hurt the ones we love. No, seriously, we're mean because we care. If we didn't care we wouldn't be having this conversation.
KingGMY wrote:
all I do is spam and post random bullshit
I'm well aware of the meaningful contributions you make but those aren't the problem. I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass by complementing you only to get you to agree with me.

Let me extrapolate that some: a great tactic in a debate or any disagreement is to get the other person to agree with you first, on anything. This even works in sales where a sales associate will get you to agree to some unimportant conversation before asking you to spend more money than you wanted.

I'm not foxing you. I'm straight talking. I can fox you. Oh how easy it would be. That wouldn't be respectful. I need you to know that I want you to stay and to continue to post, hell, flood Gen Spam in the nonsense that makes Forkheads great… but I don't have to try very hard to find posts that were better off not having been made.

And yeah, I don't post much. I'm very busy. When I come home and bring up the browser window that I never close which is dedicated to Forkheads I go to the unread posts page and try to catch up with anything I've missed. When there are multiple pages of threads all of which have you as the last person to have posted, but not a single interesting thing to respond to in the whole lot… I spend a long time reading and clicking, wasting my precious little time, wasting precious server bandwidth, getting a migraine as I dredge through what seems to be an endless wasteland of "I have nothing to say but wanted to say something, anyway!"

You get to choose how you respond to all this and I'm betting you'll come around. I'm an abrasive, obnoxious, egotistical, narcissistic and even down right manipulative bastard. I am also a caring, kind, generous, understanding and loyal friend. How you respond to all this is your choice. I'm too even tempered to get hot under the collar.

And Loffy, I want to thank you for the vote of support and confidence. I'm always more than happy to help out in any way I can and if elected as your new student council president I will have Dib's head removed and filled with salted nuts!

Being a moderator is a lot of work even in a forum where the post count stays fairly low. You can ask Joshex about how I handle the authority as he was a member of the MSRUS forums which I co-admin'd once Sasamisa realized how much work he was trying to take on in upgrading them. A respectful and oddly worksafe lolicon forum where everybody spoke their mind without fear of reprisal. Forums can be fickle things, the people are what make it worth the while. I'm having fun and that's all I really want.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
fluffy wrote:
You get to choose how you respond to all this and I'm betting you'll come around. I'm an abrasive, obnoxious, egotistical, narcissistic and even down right manipulative bastard. I am also a caring, kind, generous, understanding and loyal friend. How you respond to all this is your choice. I'm too even tempered to get hot under the collar.

I really wasn't trying to irritate you, like how you probably (hopefully) wasn't trying to irritate me.(Though I can't lie, quoting only certain, incriminating words got me a bit irritated.) I'm also fully aware of that tactic as I'm vice-president of my deca club. I also believe you made the comparison when I reading the ending, but hey, my eyes could be wrong.

But I have to mention, you do have the characteristics of one of my irl friends. Your advice for me and my growth as a person with a identity on the forum is very kind in intent, but somewhat brutal in message. If ever meet him, please have a conversation with him, it seems you two would get along well.

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
What the fuckle, I didn't say stop posting I said post better. I feel bad now like I've broken your spirit and shit, that's not what I wanted.

Your post volume is great, just what we need, it's just that you were blaring Justin Bieber when we wanted Lords of Acid. I'm some faguette on the internet, don't let me stop you. Shit, you had surpassed my post count! Do it again! This time with the heartfelt rage of sand mites blistering your eyelids! °дº

If you don't think you can and you can't believe in yourself then don't. Believe in the you I believe in! The Gummy that can't fail because I have no concept of failure! Win not because you should or it's the right thing to do but because there's no other option!

Post like a hoard of football-fucking monkeys!

Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Actually, I'm more motivated to post more here, in a weird, super masochist kind of way. (Hope that makes sense.) And I really like your motivational speeches, but I was rather put off by it, since I regularly get the same pep talk from Yom and don't really hear from you much. (Well, other than the spam spanking I got from the other topic.) So stop feeling bad, or you'll make me feel bad.

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Reading through this picked me up a bit as well, like my managers at work. Not gonna bother with explaining it, just the basic things people have stated, and abrasive, but very motivational way of egging others on. The main detail I agree with, though, is the point that it's the personalities on a particular forum that makes it great.

This is actually something I've quite honestly had trouble dealing with, as its been probably two years since I've even so much as looked at a forum to post something worthwhile, but only because I've always found online communities hard to get into (note my own lack of logging in earlier in the year). I always wondered what I should post or how I should post it. Not to worry, I'm not trying to justify the crap way of handling it as I have, rather, I think this answered that question for me in the best way possible that I probably could've and should've picked up on sooner; That a person should post and act in accordance to who they are. After all, that's probably why I feel such kinship to everyone here, there's no bullshit, this is who we are. Each with our own talents and capabilities that, as you put it, creates a unique flavour for the person.

With all the little nuggets of spam and the glorious fun in special access, I also think it really helps me remember where I am, as there really hasn't been a forum with such a metaphorical landscape that I've ever encountered before coming here. I believe it's this landscape that really helps forge and create an image for this community. You said it best fluffy, "Once a Forkhead, always a Forkhead."

That's my belief at least.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
another good thing about FH is that you can fit in no matter how broken you are (i'm referring to myself being broken)

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: פlᴉʇɔɥʎ¿¡Crime Squad
arch_enemy wrote:
another good thing about FH is that you can fit in no matter how broken you are (i'm referring to myself being broken)

I want to strangle you.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
i dare you to do it

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:14 pm
Profile E-mail
ℱᒪ૪ᓰﬡᘐ ᖘ⋒ᖇᖰᒪᙓ ᖘᙓﬡᓮᔕ
ℱᒪ૪ᓰﬡᘐ ᖘ⋒ᖇᖰᒪᙓ ᖘᙓﬡᓮᔕ

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
This.. motivated me. and yeah, this is how you keep fh beautiful, insert your specific brand of madness strategically so as to enhance the overall madness. I'll see if I can demonstrate, soon.

Gummy will pick up on all this for sure. I was once the harbringer of content that wasnt content, of posting not because I had anything to say but just because I wanted to say something.

Gummy, don't take what fluffy says as an insult to you, you are an awesome member of the community in that you do care enough to post a bunch, and you love the place, basically, what people are asking for, is just increase your word count as well as your post count. bring some ingenuity out. Say forkheads is a canvas, we want you to paint deliberately with purpose instead of just throwing paint on the canvas, because thats the difference between being picasso and being some fucking kid who raided a home depot.

both pictures look wack as fuck only one has meaning

Їи$aиїту Group! | Ultimate Fh Tribute!
© 2010 -2099 Odin Anarkis. All Rights Reserved.

Quotes
Spoiler: show
who149 wrote:
I'm trying i'm trying~ i'm making I'll try too slowly up my posting. At least once a day for a bit. Then I'll up that too twice, then four, then 8 and so on.
Until eventually I wake up one morning and find out that I am actually an Idiot hero.
On some quest too cheat on his gf or raise affection of 5 women who conveniently live in my the same dorm as me.
In which I only have 100 days to seduce them all.

Remon wrote:
Now we can dominate the porn industry, camera industry, AND the world!
YomToxic wrote:
YOU BETTER STAY ALIVE OR ELSE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND RAPE YOU DEAD.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:01 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I'm glad that I was able to inspire so much. I'm never really sure if that's a good thing because somehow the idea that I could be a leader of men causes me to wonder where I'm going if any were to follow.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
fluffy wrote:
I'm glad that I was able to inspire so much. I'm never really sure if that's a good thing because somehow the idea that I could be a leader of men causes me to wonder where I'm going if any were to follow.

WHERE NO TURTLE HAS GONE BEFORE.

4 pcs.

Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:39 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next