Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Why do oldfags suck? 
Level 25
Level 25

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
Post Why do oldfags suck?
Lets face it, at lot of the oldfags here are massive gaywads. I've noticed something from reading the topics here and most of the self proclaimed oldfags (except nothin and BA, Yom and very few others) offer nothing of value (even myself admittedly). I know this is forkheads and shitposting is a favorite pastime but come on. How old are you people, none of guys are in your teens or very early twenties anymore and yet you come around here just to shit post. And on top of that, many of you, even the ones who don't shit post, go around acting like hot shit and like you could care less about fh while downing newfags for even talking to you.

So I will ask this, what makes you keep coming back to FH? I really don't see a reason for many of you other than boredom and exhaustion of options.

And my obvious followup question is more general: Why do oldfags suck?

¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$
¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: Why do oldfags suck?
Its all they have left.

4 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
:(

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 25
Level 25

Cash on hand:
I'm not saying that people should stop, but really though some of you should ease up and try a little harder if you're going to keep coming around.

¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$
¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Parpol wrote:
:(

Why j00 sad

4 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
Here's my thought.

Oldies belong to a different internet culture. Back in the days this was how people treated each other on forums and shit. Newgrounds being called "Hategrounds" is one example.

Newer people belong to a generation where forums are very outdated and no longer anywhere near the norm. They are more used to having their every post or comment graded/shared/judged, so they're more careful and care more about being nice or informative. Oldies don't really care about any of those. They just want to keep their "cool" online persona like we did in the good old days.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
You are now compelled to say that oldfags don't suck. :dement

4 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Special Access
I don't really care for what people say about me, so I post whatever the fuck I want. Does that make me a oldfag apprentice, or a middlefag? Whatever the fuck it is, imma keep rollin.

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Love, hate, prejudice, pride, lust, right, wrong, politics, religion, norms, culture......... Etc.

It's all in the eye of the beholder as they say.

Also, what Purp said. I even use degrading and agressive jokes IRL. But only to people you trust. On forums you don't NEED to trust people (unless you of course tell secrets publicly or in PMs and they get leaked, but that's another discussion entirely) to post utter garbage or such, so you can just type what you want. Since even the mods/admins back then did it, it became as natural as taking a shit. And those who couldn't handle the "tough" jokes usually never came back or started forums of their own where they made a cult around themselves worshiping the ground they walk on (you know the type, people imagining themselves gods/victims to not have to deal with reality), so they would never have to hear a bad word on the internet again. Because THINK OF THE CHILDREN *LE GASP*.

And this newer generation purp speaks of, they grew up on facebook. Now do the math. People with low self-esteem + judgemental(social) media. If you're not used to these types of "tough" jokes, then of course you're going to have a bad time.

Thing is, one always has the choice of walking away on the internet, no matter what people say. "I can't turn of my FB, how will i talk to my friends of local, international or otherwise heritage?" Well. FB has a block system wich some use for its true purpose, and others for the earlier bad forum remark (read: God/Victim syndrome to not get hurt). You just don't want to opt out on this thing EVERYONE (you know what people say, everyone uses this, if you dont you SUCK/are unpopular/are weird etc.) is using. And blocking aside, heard of a phone for calling if they're local? Skype or an e-mail if they're far away? Heck, heard of walking to their place and talk to them?

"But I dont have a phone or internet, and it's due to choice/ being poor/ it not being available where I live." If it's due to choice, well..... you chose it. Lol. Deal with it. Poor? Sorry man, but it sounds like you have worse problems than social justice media. Not available? That's simply bad luck. And the luck may turn abyssal if that non-availability is due to war, outage or being frigging stranded on an island/out in the middle of nowhere.

We could talk about this in circles forever. There will always be someone that thinks in a different path, or has a different situation than you. And us even being able to have the freedom and time to discuss these things are either lucky or have too much free time.

So, let's mend your question Lime. Why do oldfags (enter the name of some people you don't want to piss off/offend) according to my(Lime's) point of view, suck? Also, why do you come back to FH? Would have improved the quality of the post, as you put yourself in the oldfag bucket and brought the question up. This IS General Serious after all.

Oldfags most likely suck because of option a-z. You could say almost whatever you want as an answer, as it's all about opinion and view. Why do oldfags suck according to you Lime? Please enlighten us, so we can go ahead and ignore you/ adore you/ applaude you/ deny you/ *enter reasons, opinions and point of views Xinfinity*. We all say it differently, and we all take it in differently. So the only obvious thing I could gleam from this is that you're either upset or bored Lime. Wich one is it? Is it either of them? Or something else? Maybe simple curiosity?

So what do I think then, after this rant? Eh. I don't really care to be honest. As long as FH works for me, as long as something makes me interested enough to click the FH adress in the adress drop-down menu I will come here.

//End rant

TL;DR: Anyone that has taken any of the text on this forum personally, or as an insult, SHOULDN'T. If you/they still do, you chose yourself to be offended. I'm not going to apologize for my personal opinions you asshats. Ergo, some people just can't handle it, and we shouldn't suffer for it.

And with this, I bid you all good night. Time for Loffy to sleep.

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Oldfags are awesome! IMO, oldfags are what keeps things interesting. Telling stories of old, keeping in the spirit of the old site, and even the old internet itself, and these things can apply with any forum or group on the internet. I believe that since there are quite a few oldfags kicking around, I see it as a place for old friends who have been here for years to gather, even if you still don't know each other out of FH. And since it has been this way for oldfags for ages, it has become tradition to come back. I believe nobody would care about this place and FH would not be here if there were no oldfags. And as Parpol said, people now don't want to use forums anymore. They would like to talk online with IRL friends on whatever is popular these days. I personally hate what my generation is into. I absolutely hate Vine, I check FaceBook like once every three months, and I use E-Mail more than text. I would rather be using AIM or using E-Mail, or using IRC and stuff like that. I love talking to people I don't know and being a part of a culture where I feel I am a part of something. But maybe that's just the internet otaku in me.

TL;DR: Oldfags are cool.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
the oldfags don't suck i think... though some of them are major assholes who piss me off with their meaningless hate on [enter the names of everyone/everything in existence here]

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
we don't suck. we just have too much shit going on to do anything productive except come on and let everyone know we are still working on shit but it's going to be a while, basically shitposting to let people know we haven't forgotten and are still here.

you must understand this is a place of intense Mental Diarrhea. newfags be warned.

generally I'm the crazy good cop of the newbie welcoming routine, but I've been slackin because of shoulder watchers. they see my troll face :errg and look at the screen then criticize me for not doing anything important.

I'm here because I need this place. it's a place I can run wild with art, work, flaming, pissed off rants etc. and not worry about getting banned. plus I always wanted to help make Sex kitten games and dating sims so. yeah. that happens to be the reason I need a vector graphic animation program, so I can help out.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I think Parpol had it about the best. Forums were a different thing back in the day: the only thing. People were forced back then to shoehorn themselves into Invision powered forums or IRC channels either of which were territorial dens of drama by and large. These days we have so many other vectors for internet culture that if all you knew about a person is how long they spend online each day you still know nothing about their personality. Tumblrfags, /b/tards, facebookies, Steamers, the internet is now a rich ecosystem of idiocy in all its wondrous and odorous forms.

There's merit to what Loffy says, too. What sucks for one might be the height of humor for another. How's that saying go? "What's normal for a spider is chaos to the fly"? Perhaps you "grew up" or more accurately saw the other side of the coin. There's a part of the brain that is responsible for the types of thoughts that allow us the uniquely human ability to empathize. Not in the touchy-feely way but just in the "ok, I see where you're coming from" way that keeps people from being outright assholes most of the time. Kind of the golden rule in practice: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Oldfags are trenched in nostalgia for the specific parameterization of their world at the zenith of the rose colored glasses. This takes various forms but can simply be regressing to old posting styles that simply get ignored in this faster paced internet where typing or reading are serious tasks and discretion is applied heavily to what needs to be said or read.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 25
Level 25

Cash on hand:
Parpol wrote:
Here's my thought.

Oldies belong to a different internet culture. Back in the days this was how people treated each other on forums and shit. Newgrounds being called "Hategrounds" is one example.

Newer people belong to a generation where forums are very outdated and no longer anywhere near the norm. They are more used to having their every post or comment graded/shared/judged, so they're more careful and care more about being nice or informative. Oldies don't really care about any of those. They just want to keep their "cool" online persona like we did in the good old days.

For me personally its not really about the fact that people get flamed that's bothersome. Its mainly a case of "I have so much clout that I don't even have to try anymore". IMHO After a while an old douche gets pretty stale. Maybe its just something I noticed lately about the way a lot of oldfags act across multiple sites. That people get so caught up in their ego that they don't even care about what it is they post anymore and how dare someone I don't know even talk to me. Seriously, when an oldfag first comes to a forum they don't know anyone and HAVE to get to know people. In addition that that they have attempt to provide some value to the forum. Again, flaming isn't really even an issue because at least flaming can get creative and interesting. There's a difference between flaming and just being a callous douche with no real intent.

I'm not saying all these sites are bad, just merely that the concept of oldfags being revered demonstrably makes no sense.

¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$
¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
Lime wrote:
Lets face it, at lot of the oldfags here are massive gaywads. I've noticed something from reading the topics here and most of the self proclaimed oldfags (except nothin and BA, Yom and very few others) offer nothing of value (even myself admittedly). I know this is forkheads and shitposting is a favorite pastime but come on. How old are you people, none of guys are in your teens or very early twenties anymore and yet you come around here just to shit post. And on top of that, many of you, even the ones who don't shit post, go around acting like hot shit and like you could care less about fh while downing newfags for even talking to you.

So I will ask this, what makes you keep coming back to FH? I really don't see a reason for many of you other than boredom and exhaustion of options.

And my obvious followup question is more general: Why do oldfags suck?

Idk man. I'm fucking bored okay? 4chan is repetitive cancer and Facebook\youtube are running towards that same ledge.

Where ells should I go?
To hell?
As if.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:28 pm
Profile E-mail