Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ideas to garner a return of CoX 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Ideas to garner a return of CoX
Normally I wouldn't request this sort of thing in gen serious, normally it'd be in gen spam, but I kinda want realistic opinions that we could feasibly do.

The Core Goal: make NCSoft release CoX (city of heroes/villains), I don't care if they run it, I don;t care if someone else runs it and NCSoft owns it, I don't care if they sell it or are forced to give it up to someone. I just want them to be forced to have no other choice but to have the game running again.

So, we need strategic thinking here, there may be multiple ways to get the desired effect but we're gonna have to play hard ball and be a bit evil here to do it.

we need to think of ways we could legally bully a company and keep at it till they submit to our demands.

we have options, but I can't think of them all and I'd like a discussion of what people think would be the best route. so without further ado I'll list the possibilities and tactics I think we could use.

1: The PR Nightmare #1, it would require a shit ton of people or a shit ton of email addresses (might need to convince 4chan to help) but it has the least repercussions, in fact I think it would have 0 repercussions.
Spoiler: show
The Idea is simple, fuck the fucking fuckers! get a shit load of people to make accounts(new accounts every day), play NCSoft's free to play games, then submit a complaint about the games saying things like "it needs more modern day super heroes, this game is trash it's nothing for me not even fun. it's nothing like City of Heroes, that game was something I'd play. Fix this or you wont get any money from me." and just keep pestering them through their PR department every day not relenting till they give way. if they don;t give way with-in a certain time like a month then we take the story to the international news sources "millions of players complaining about NCSoft's online game quality, lack of a super hero franchise" we could even go on to demonize them with further articles "NCSoft doesn't care about it's players desires, they only want money, wont submit to millions of player requests"

2: Scandal #1: it wouldn't require many people, but would require lying (or not, we could have someone take one for the team and forcibly garner evidence), and would need some non-anonymous contact with people, we'd need some sort of scandal, sexual if possible and we'd target the CEO or person who owns the CoX Intellectual Property we'd also need pictures or videos as evidence. It would be one of the most evil and malicious methods.
Basically we either claim the person sexually abused someone without consent (and offered the CoX IP in exchange for the sexual harassment) but then never fulfilled their end of the promise. It can be a guy or a girl, if the NCSoft target is male it might be beneficial to make it a really terrible sexual blackmail by having someone take a picture of the NCSoft rep with their hand groping a male transexual's crotch while the transexual fakes a look of "Unwanted rape" then threaten to take it to the news, and if they say no, take it to the news.. after the news if they wont budge take them to court with Yom as lawyer.

this is all I can think of, other ideas are welcomed.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:03 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Ideas to garner a return of CoX
third option I can think of:
Class action lawsuit #1: suing for damages - emotional and mental distress due to the sunset of the game, additional; violation of customer/producer trust.
Emotional and mental distress: many Coh players get urges to play the game, a void that cannot be filled with other games or even reverse engineering the game because of the friendships, and player created concepts and texts that were lost during the shutdown. it creates a yearning a yearning that can never be filled, with only empty hope for efforts to buy the title from an obviously (after 5 years) 'unwilling to sell' company. we miss core aspects of the game and it's game-play, we miss core aspects of it's characters and stories.

Violation of trust: Customers purchased CD's and DVD's with the game installer on them in faith that this would (as with every other game in history) provide them with a permanent life long ability to play the game as they decide. NCSoft violated this "Gamer's Trust" by sunsetting the title though players were still willing to pay for subscription fees regularly in order to gain continued access.

In addition not only did NCSoft Sunset the title but sat on it's IPs doing absolutely nothing (in accordance to the original IP in total) with them, even failing to utilize the rights to make a sequel. and refused sale in good faith.

Further, they violated this trust by zombifying the IP for the character "Statesman" by placing him in a non-City of heroes/villains game with completely different game-play and a completely different audience..

It was our "Gamer's Trust" that the game would always be playable, if one company failed to be able to run it, it was our trust that it may be shut down for a short period of time while they find/sell it to a new company to run it and that it would never actually stay sunset.

further more at the time of shutdown there were 60,000+ registered players, as such this is the number of persons that desire adequate compensation for the 5 years of mental and emotional torture and misery at the hands of NCSoft sun-setting the game server with no other option or intent to find a new owner who would run it.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I thought I said this originally, but looks like I didn't:

I want your ideas and opinions too!

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
my best guess would be to organize a wide-scale boycott of all their other games or products which would last until they either give up and sell the game to someone that'll run it or run it themselves or release the source code so people can make their own servers for the game

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
arch_enemy wrote:
my best guess would be to organize a wide-scale boycott of all their other games or products which would last until they either give up and sell the game to someone that'll run it or run it themselves or release the source code so people can make their own servers for the game
arch_enemy wrote:

Everyone reasonable says that. but just like said reasonable people they write it off as impossible. mostly it's a lack of faith in enough people to back them. Even right now there is a silent boycott of mainly former CoX players who express that they wont be playing any NCSoft games till CoX is released in some capacity.

The main reason it's a silent boycott and hasn't asked for other people to join is because the price of failure is that NCSoft will notice and write us off after that time as too small of a movement to care about.

There are a lot of players who play their other games who know nothing about standing up for a cause, and only know how to play limited content XP grinding, gearing league of legends style games and be bossed around from one point to another including being told to move on to an entirely new game. They also know that they spent money and time to play the game they are playing and don't give a fuck about the fate of other games so long as their game is running.

Convincing those people would be necessary or the boycott would be largely ineffective (as it has been).

not to say it's a bad idea, it's a good idea, but how can we accomplish it? I suppose we could leak a fake news article saying insider information confirms that NCSoft admits "all our games will be sunset at some point no matter player enthusiasm, money, friends or time spent"

Fill the article with notions that despite good turn out and profits in some of it's most popular titles such as the guild wars series and the lineage series, blade and soul and other key products; plans are in motion to irrevocably phase out those games and series with an abrupt shutdown sometime in the near future.

But fans aren't to be disheartened NCSoft knows what you like, although we regrettably will have to inform you of your games shut down and the IPs will never see the light of day again and the server images will be disposed of along with all accounts and your hard work and memories; NCSoft plans to make new games which are completely different because it believes it's fans don't like to linger in old cherished things of the past but instead move on to something harder, more costly and time consuming, something different, change is always better.

It's true we've shut down about 8 games now many of which had a strong following, one notable title was City of heroes whose players we care nothing about because they failed to stay customers and try our other games after we shut down their game, NCSoft has no remorse for the shut down of such dated titles nor does it believe that players should linger in fond old memories.
etc. etc.

page after page of generalizations claiming NCSoft is a souless "progressionist"

"the simple truth is that we at NCSoft have realized that by shutting down popular games with many hard core followers, if those players are good asian people, then we don't lose those players, but when given no option but to play something new, we renew those players spending spirit, especially if the game otherwise leaves non-paying players left far behind and unable to catch up without some level of spending. We even encourage this as a thought from the start of the betas of new titles for people to become as high level of a founder as they can so they can get ahead of the pack and experience the game before we regrettably must take it away when their spending tapers off to (while profitable) undesired amounts as we want our profits to grow, not fall.

Our goal is to give our players a thought that these video game adventures are a limited time offer and that yes eventually the adventure does end and often relatively soon, so spend while you can to see all the content before it's gone forever."

that will have people foaming at the mouth when their games are mentioned in it.

maybe add in a fake news that they intend to merge with blizzard entertainment after world of warcraft's recent failures, and eventually shut WoW down, calling it "Dated" "a relic" "redundant" "not aligned with our visions for the future".

NCSoft will be the subject of a mass boycott, refund demand and flame campaign. maybe even a few DoS attacks. just need to slap a picture of NCSoft's president and CEO edited to be giving a nazi salute with swastica waterprints in the background and we're golden.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]