Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Hatred Mod - Anyone know unreal engine 4? 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Hatred Mod - Anyone know unreal engine 4?
Head and face fully rigged. 3 more sensitive rigging areas to go. gotta do the hands, shoulders and hips. after that, it'll be easy.

fingers and thumbs rigged, knuckles left to go, then the hard parts of the hands are done.

I suspect we may encounter some issues with the rig ahead of time. When i got the rig the finger tips were bent under the hand like a claw "tiger style kungfu" this may be the default pose. I straightenned them because it's way easier to rig it that way. if it causes problems with his hands in game let me know as and when. same with the thumbs. basically once this thing is done, if there are any graphical problems take a screenshot and I'll see what I can do. for now back to work. this thing isn't done yet. this was a good test of my rigging speed. I can do one complicated rigging section per day ~ with lots of interruptions and time wasting P2W hentai games.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
joshex wrote:
Head and face fully rigged. 3 more sensitive rigging areas to go. gotta do the hands, shoulders and hips. after that, it'll be easy.

fingers and thumbs rigged, knuckles left to go, then the hard parts of the hands are done.

I suspect we may encounter some issues with the rig ahead of time. When i got the rig the finger tips were bent under the hand like a claw "tiger style kungfu" this may be the default pose. I straightenned them because it's way easier to rig it that way. if it causes problems with his hands in game let me know as and when. same with the thumbs. basically once this thing is done, if there are any graphical problems take a screenshot and I'll see what I can do. for now back to work. this thing isn't done yet. this was a good test of my rigging speed. I can do one complicated rigging section per day ~ with lots of interruptions and time wasting P2W hentai games.

Good stuff. I got all the sounds done for Albert in hatred. Here's the link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5e5x1z3t ... s.zip/file

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:33 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:

very nice I'll take a look later.

shoulders rigged. record time. helps to know what I'm doing from experience lol...

now to do the hips

Oh, come now Albert, theres no need for that.

Ok all done rigging! time for a test.

https://files.catbox.moe/cfp5zc.fbx

so thats the file. I need to run some local tests. the file size seems very small for a packed image. it might have no images or materials. I'll import it into new blender, if it likes it it should be good.

Test Fail! it's an ASCII .fbx. blender 2.9 doesn't like it!

I'll attempt to import the blend to 2.9 then export it. hopefully the rigging is not lost.

Setbacks:

Blender 2.49b exports to a ASCII .FBX file. not sure if that will work. probably does not contain textures.

Blender 2.9 exports to the binary .fbx file format and does contain textures.

Blender 2.9 however is messed up backwards and mindnumbingly hard to use. it also does not like blender 249b materials, so I have to reapply the materials in 2.9. however, it does not show the materials or textures in the 3D view. so I can't see what I'm doing. I haven't even tried applying any images yet.

after a bunch of BS in it I decided that was enough. I may or may not go try again. blender 2.9 is just awful.

OK, so fuck 2.9 with a rusty iron! 2.7 does import the model correctly. previously it would not work because it was seeing my PythonHome environement variable I use so blender 2.49b can find python. so I copied that variable down to notepad and deleted the variable. now Blender 2.79 works.

so I imported the model, then exported to .fbx, this time it's the binary .fbx.

https://files.catbox.moe/r5732h.fbx

It may need some fine tuning, some bones may have abnormal roll amounts and that may effect animation. let me know and I can fix it.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:41 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
joshex wrote:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:

shoulders rigged. record time. helps to know what I'm doing from experience lol...

now to do the hips

so thats the file. I need to run some local tests. the file size seems very small for a packed image. it might have no images or materials. I'll import it into new blender, if it likes it it should be good.

I'll attempt to import the blend to 2.9 then export it. hopefully the rigging is not lost.

Setbacks:

Blender 2.49b exports to a ASCII .FBX file. not sure if that will work. probably does not contain textures.

Blender 2.9 however is messed up backwards and mindnumbingly hard to use. it also does not like blender 249b materials, so I have to reapply the materials in 2.9. however, it does not show the materials or textures in the 3D view. so I can't see what I'm doing. I haven't even tried applying any images yet.

after a bunch of BS in it I decided that was enough. I may or may not go try again. blender 2.9 is just awful.

OK, so fuck 2.9 with a rusty iron! 2.7 does import the model correctly. previously it would not work because it was seeing my PythonHome environement variable I use so blender 2.49b can find python. so I copied that variable down to notepad and deleted the variable. now Blender 2.79 works.

It may need some fine tuning, some bones may have abnormal roll amounts and that may effect animation. let me know and I can fix it.

It looks good to me, well done on the model. Only problem is I've tried to learn the unreal 4 Hatred editor that comes with hatred on steam but it's very difficult.

Which is why I've started offering money (I've got a master card) to someone who would do the original hatred project I had in mind which was changing the main hatred dude to the survival female character hatred character, aka: widowmaker, since I got my friend to do the female sounds.

I'd love to see Albert Johnson as the hatred dude too since the sounds and the model are now done. I'd even pay for that to be done too but it's hard to find someone to do it even if it's a paid job.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:16 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:

now to do the hips

Setbacks:

It looks good to me, well done on the model. Only problem is I've tried to learn the unreal 4 Hatred editor that comes with hatred on steam but it's very difficult.

Which is why I've started offering money (I've got a master card) to someone who would do the original hatred project I had in mind which was changing the main hatred dude to the survival female character hatred character, aka: widowmaker, since I got my friend to do the female sounds.

I'd love to see Albert Johnson as the hatred dude too since the sounds and the model are now done. I'd even pay for that to be done too but it's hard to find someone to do it even if it's a paid job.

I can redo the female model for you if you want just send me the file as .fbx like before.

Rather than me load anything in the hatred editor, I'll help you do it yourself by giving you guided advice, just let me know where you are stuck in the hatred editor and give pics of it. we can work out any problems together that way.

we could also have a skype chat where we share screens or something.

other than that I really don't wanna buy or install anything. especially steam. had problems with it before.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
joshex wrote:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:

now to do the hips

Setbacks:

I can redo the female model for you if you want just send me the file as .fbx like before.

Rather than me load anything in the hatred editor, I'll help you do it yourself by giving you guided advice, just let me know where you are stuck in the hatred editor and give pics of it. we can work out any problems together that way.

other than that I really don't wanna buy or install anything. especially steam. had problems with it before.

Thanks a lot! ok first we'll try and do the original project that I have the sounds done for. Widowmaker. Then if we're successful with that we'll do Albert Johnson.

There's already a female model in hatred for a female character you play in the mode called survival mode called widowmaker. I want to change the main character throughout the game to that. Changing the sounds as I've found out is the very easy part.

The model comes in 2 models under character>survivalplayers>survivalfemale

body
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bg2nis94 ... 1.FBX/file

and the head and hands
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gr98tw6e ... 1.FBX/file

and then someone was nice enough to merge the 2.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/snoow8nz ... d.fbx/file

This is the tutorial I got stuck on.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =622172730

I went to blueprints > hero > my character and if I change that blueprint to the female character, changes it for the main game and the cut scenes not the main menu for example. The main menu character is changed manually

I'm guessing the skeletal mesh needs to be all one thing and not 2 different models one for head and hands and one for the body.

So as I said someone merged them.

I found out how to import an FBX it's in the content browser. Sort of worked out how to change it so it's the right texture. I got the character working in the game. The problem is now I don't know how to change the character for the whole game. I had to change the hatred dude to widowmaker manually for the main menu for example. I'll have to check somehow if it's changed for the cut scenes, ok it works for the cutscenes. But I don't know how to post it as a steam mod.

I tried adding albert to a new folder and it totally screws up the editor. What I mean by that is all of the characters go out of whack because I'm guessing because albert's skeleton is not right. It comes up with an error about bones. "Failed To merge Bones" For skeleton I select Sk_ch_human_skeleton and for physics asset I select sk_ch human physics asset like the tutorial says.

Also when I do a super kick with widowmaker which is forward and kick the model goes all weird like the character is in the floor. I don't think I can fix this, no idea what to do if the model doesn't import and all the animations don't work properly on it. All that was done apparently to it is just the hands and head model was merged with the body model. Most of the animations work right on it so why not the super kick. :(

I think that must mean the model of widowmaker that I've imported is somehow broken. Because when I do a super kick with widowmaker (with just a body and no head or hands) it does it fine.

So if you could give me a few tips to get started.

Also I'm on discord as thisistheworstpart if that's more convenient. I sent you a friend request.

Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:
TENT wrote:
joshex wrote:

now to do the hips

Setbacks:

Thanks a lot! ok first we'll try and do the original project that I have the sounds done for. Widowmaker. Then if we're successful with that we'll do Albert Johnson.

There's already a female model in hatred for a female character you play in the mode called survival mode called widowmaker. I want to change the main character throughout the game to that. Changing the sounds as I've found out is the very easy part.

The model comes in 2 models under character>survivalplayers>survivalfemale

body
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bg2nis94 ... 1.FBX/file

and the head and hands
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gr98tw6e ... 1.FBX/file

and then someone was nice enough to merge the 2.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/snoow8nz ... d.fbx/file

This is the tutorial I got stuck on.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =622172730

I went to blueprints > hero > my character and if I change that blueprint to the female character, changes it for the main game and the cut scenes not the main menu for example. The main menu character is changed manually

I'm guessing the skeletal mesh needs to be all one thing and not 2 different models one for head and hands and one for the body.

So as I said someone merged them.

I found out how to import an FBX it's in the content browser. Sort of worked out how to change it so it's the right texture. I got the character working in the game. The problem is now I don't know how to change the character for the whole game. I had to change the hatred dude to widowmaker manually for the main menu for example. I'll have to check somehow if it's changed for the cut scenes, ok it works for the cutscenes. But I don't know how to post it as a steam mod.

I tried adding albert to a new folder and it totally screws up the editor. What I mean by that is all of the characters go out of whack because I'm guessing because albert's skeleton is not right. It comes up with an error about bones. "Failed To merge Bones" For skeleton I select Sk_ch_human_skeleton and for physics asset I select sk_ch human physics asset like the tutorial says.

Also when I do a super kick with widowmaker which is forward and kick the model goes all weird like the character is in the floor. I don't think I can fix this, no idea what to do if the model doesn't import and all the animations don't work properly on it. All that was done apparently to it is just the hands and head model was merged with the body model. Most of the animations work right on it so why not the super kick. :(

I think that must mean the model of widowmaker that I've imported is somehow broken. Because when I do a super kick with widowmaker (with just a body and no head or hands) it does it fine.

So if you could give me a few tips to get started.

Also I'm on discord as thisistheworstpart if that's more convenient. I sent you a friend request.

ok starting with AJ, I just read the tutorial again to see if anything I did messed it up. turns out it did.

"The character you want to rig to this skeleton has to have the same proportions, scale and should wrap perfectly our guy."

AJ is noticeably slimmer because he's a stick figure. so I adjusted the rig accordingly, changing the proportions and scale. it'd take a bit of creative modifications to fix that.

so thats why AJ doesn't work.

After reading further your widowmaker character wont work for a similar reason. the head and hands need to be in the same file, but as a separate object. same with the eyeballs.

Now that I think about it, that means AJ wont work at all, because of his eye placement. his mouth wont work either because it's non-standard. Same with the eyebrows unless I scale his head way down to fit the normal headsize of the default character.

So, at the end of the day, the following needs to be changed on AJ: 1: I need to make his head and hands and eyeballs separate objects or will not be able to do the superkick without going in the ground. 2: his shoulders and hips will have to be widenned and angled to fit the default rig. his fingers will have to follow the default rig rotations. same with legs and feet. 3: no matter what I do his eyeballs and mouth and maybe even his eyebrows will not be able to be animated in game.

Widowmaker: let me download the files and take a look I'll be able to fix it if what I suspect is wrong is indeed wrong. if not I'll ask around and find out what to do.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:08 am
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Location: Brazil, Rio de Janeiro(State), Rio de Janeiro(City)
TENT wrote:
There's a game called Hatred and I got a friend to do the female sounds for the game Hatred (good game I recommend getting it for the first person mode) and I'm wondering if someone can use unreal engine 4 to mod a female character into hatred. All the hard work has been done, the sounds, so this should be simple to do but I tried doing it myself but I'm pretty useless at unreal engine 4.

Where to get hatred.
https://www.indiegala.com/store/game/hatred/341940_ig

The female hatred sounds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P95gYVZM5c

i just saw this game on youtube, and now is one of my favorites(hatred first person mod)! its really very similar to postal 2!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 pcs.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3