Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 How Long It Takes You to Finish a Visual Novel? 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post How Long It Takes You to Finish a Visual Novel?
So yeah, you know, visual novels. Adventure games with CGs (including usually classical romantic music shit [some of them need work!]), mushy heart-retching stories that could make a grown man cry and sympathize, and all the gimmicky gimmicks. Welcome to the reading club, ladies! It's time to don on our betty glasses, wring out a book, I mean interactive adventure game titles, and get together on the weekends, noon.

Now (oh, I am first to put in the word "how" ever in this message board, woo!), I don't really use visual novels and things like that. I happened to purchase one due to sales and things like that. For a parody I bought, damn, these writers can pull out dramatic soap opera moments, maybe requiring a tissue box, maybe. I take my fucking time for the read and each click, maybe scrolling back to try to piece things together that are hard, to piece things together that are hard, you know. Okay, I do take my fucking time to take screenshots and stuff like that.

My time duration to get shit done takes about over a week. I'm recalling about 9 days past since I really try to get into the story and shit like that. And you know, the game days only allow about 7 days and maybe nights. Let me get down on my experience. Prepare for boredom! Take a drink.

Well, to be honest, I can take most the time during the weekends so yeah, bite me! Call it catch up. The game summary is basically a vacation of short days and infinite romance concerning over a matter of choices and some expert dialogue lines that can somehow peel open a flower like a machine. So yeah, cheapo night stand if you will! Woo!!! No decent lady of the book club would appreciate this kind of moments moments, but whatevers.

So it's supposed to be a vacation, you go to a place, typically a third-world country place that is welcoming tourism and that's where the voyeurism (that means hoes opportunity to make money) comes in. You might have several flavours to lick from, but it comes down to serious frosty teary blending of "stay with me muthafucka or take me, take me with you!!!". What's a man got to do? And all that to do in about a week, game terms. What a workout! This is a vacation? Sounds like a challenge. But it's a game so I got to shut the fuck up. Some people might get offended here. Ohh! I do played other (old, but good enough) titles like Nocturnal Illusions, some people hate it, but I think it's base staple of what to expect out of visual novels. It's like soap opera (love, romance, usually based off the Victorian setting, trying to stay classy while private?) and I think it's supposed to be for girls. Oh well.

What I expect from my current title was you get to go to vacation, you get to read up on some places with wacky humor thrown in as an excuse of edutainment. Now, I know that sometimes stories with vacations are not always informational. Woo with a head slap! But here, I get sucked into a love triangle thing or something like that. Meeting the gurls (gurls gurls gurls) first time being already awkward. Like they hoes who need that certain client to fulfill their special needs (jom on! get that jigglo jigglo!). Time ticking with some profiling and choices. And the fucking comet of emotional climax (THAT RIGHT, I SAY FUCKING CLASHING CLIMAX, GIRL TALONS CLAWING, IN THE BATTLE OF LOVE!!! WHOA OH WHOA OH WHOOOA!) came flip crashing onto me. Takes me a while to figure out if it was something important. Ohh! Ha! Okay. Okay!
The design of choices (no, you don't get to explore everything, goodbye missing CGs!) could be possibly triggered due a matter of my chosen choices. I mean, yeah, for visual novel, it's over 1 GB, which is weird, but probably a good thing for story semantics, interface work, system compatibility, and shit like that. Woo! To transverse the moon rotation of romantic seas, you got to have the most enduring patience. Lest you bore out and drop the session till next time. You'll be going thru mushies, hard to conquer sea of words, and strange fucking puzzles that make you wonder if you did fuck up unintentionally somewhere. You know, just a choice could have fucking multiple consequences that explode into quantum physics. It's just a storyline, but it's much harder to determine than any rpger title. Yeah, all these fucking factors roll in should you get anywhere in the line, but the time stretches like forever. I guess if you like the damn thing, it's cool, but first time for me to actually try completing a visual novel.

I'm just going to say this. There's a matter of desperation going on with visual novels. Like you might almost always expect, the soap soul writing and decisions to flesh out the motherfucking project. I don't usually welcome or care for it, but there might be elements that I take interest in. And it's usually that I don't expect it. Me, I was going for a light flair, turns out to be a fight between third-world country sisters trying to seduce the soul of their victim. And this time, they want fucking answers (or marriage) as the vacation ends. This was supposed to be a vacation, only 7 days, fuck!

Sorry about the long wall of text, but you are walking into visual novel territory. Anyways, take it away!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
Spoiler: show
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]