Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Let's Discuss: Childhood Video Games 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Let's Discuss: Childhood Video Games
Probably unrelated, but how can one forget about the Marathon series? I like floating fast to give the one two to a Pfhor fighter. The computer screen dialogues sounds pretty smart. The environment of space is FUCKING ATMOSPHERIC at least somehow interesting compared to duke3d's blandish space maps. Such cultureness! Nowadays, I can play through the duke later levels, but only because of the add-ons and changes made to the original maps.

Beam me up, scotty?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
You said childhood video games, not favorite childhood video games.

Man, I played Tribes fps. It was kind of spacey strange. The vehicles are all plane like simulators. The jet pack requires a bit of manual piloting as well. It could be quite hard on assault/siege maps, where enemies can heal goal milestones. There's even a map that requires you to jetpack right on a sub goal point. Too difficult. Oh yeah, I hate that disc spinner shit, it's slow and suicidal. You are most likely going to die by its weaknesses. It sucks in general. I suspected a pay-to-win scheme about.

Unlike Paintball2, it's quite boring for a paintball fps. However, for one enough shoters, yeah, it works. No need to mow down and chisel away health with random shotty/chain degrees. However, the game is quite dull in the music/audio department, lacks a bit of quality. Game could use some map transition improvements. Mixing up modes and weapons wouldn't hurt too much either. It's like a small counter-strike, but with fucking weird tutorials about things. Yeah, people piped up about Counter-Strike. Played and/or fiddled with a bit too. Still, I don't know what's up with the hype given as all time pastimes or whatevers. There probably spawns some negative aspects like yugiohs overacting or something like that. Oh, I almost forgot about that niggly nigger Seung-Hui Cho or Virginia Tech mass killer (I wonder who might be his mom, family? [he is said to be adopted so yeah]). Yeah, Paintball2 is like a realistic CS series of matches. One shot, you're down. If you're cool with it, it's cool. It isn't really flexible for developers and players though.

_
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Atari and NES were the first systems I had access to. mainly at a friends house because I was watched after school there, till someone left a bottle on the front porch with a handgrip on the neck. they told us it might be a bomb and that the fire department would be there to collect it. they didn't come and I was bored so I went to look at the bottle was empty. My favourite games on NES were Metroid, Duckhunt, Mario Bros. 1 2 and 3 and arcade, donkey kong, zelda, maniac mansion and that was about it. some mortal kombat. but the sega version of that was better (but I rarely knew anyone that had it). For atari, i only remember 1 game where you could design your own blocks and levels to jump over and they would make enemies appear on it. I forget the name.

Arcades were another past time, ninja turtles arcade was a fun button masher.

after that was the snes and gameboy. these memories were very close to one another. Gameboy and SNES had Metroid games, and mario games, DK country1 (2 and 3 sucked sweaty monkey balls) and zelda games. ALTTP was the best zelda ever. someday I want to make it 3D 3rd person like OOT (only reason I don't try is rain and fire graphics are something I don't know how to do well yet.). of course I'd like to do a metroid game in 3D 3rd person but to make it work it really requires a cross-section into the scenery, which I know how to do but it'll take a bit of work to say the least.

I played some sega, but it was in teh ghetto. so it was "what do you want to play? Sonic, Sonic or X-men. then there was "the lion king"... awful game..

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:06 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Childhood games, ugh, it's like fleeting memories of nothing cuz you might not even have access to it for quite the time. Hey, if there are adult video games, the marketing just follow potential financial sense.

Anyways, I doubt the most memorable memories will remain due to kids not likely have the freedom to access video games. Yeah, this topic is a hard sell. You get what you were given, most of the time.

It's one thing to gain access, it's another to interpret the quality.

_
nsfw
My ZDoom mods
Metal tracking mods
sfw

Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2