Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Rage 
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Rage
Alright, I read an article on it in Game Informer (skimmed it; too much ADHD to read a full magazine article unless it's political or scientific) and it looks pretty fuckin' awesome. Although, still in development and the release date has no hints. Total TBA.

Here's what the style is like. Think of Fallout 3 mixed with Doom and Quake. I know right, I came when i read that too. It's from the makers of Doom and Quake, and they wanted to make something that you can do more in. So they basically used the same storyline as Fallout (underground fallout shelters that you come out of early and find a bunch of mutants and people in fucked up cities) and the fighting style of Doom 3 (FPS with lots of intense action and gadgets).

Problems:
They're having some skepticism with how good it can be on PC and XBOX. The main problem is disk size. PS3 has Blue-ray, but PC and XBOX don't. They really don't want to cut shit out, so they need other ways to ram that information into the disks.

PS3 is harder to design games for. Although, they say that once you get past the n00b shit, they can do some really sweet ass shit on the PS3. Otherwise, they say everything has gone smoothly.

Overall: Hopefully this will be another Fallout 3 awesome as shit as fuck game that's totally worth buying. Multiplayer is TBA, but even without it, it should still be pretty cool (I'll leave multiplayer for shit like MW2 anyway).

Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]