Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Rogue Galaxy 
Level 35
Level 35

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
Post Rogue Galaxy
Rogue Galaxy is a fun ps2 RPG from the makers of Dark Cloud. I have been playing it a bit lately and I have to say that I am finding it to be an enjoyable experience. While there is not a lot I would say is particularly special about the game, I figured I was bored and would make the topic. The game also features a minigame entitled "insectron" that is fairly daunting to figure at at first glance. I figured I Googled and didn't find all the info I really wanted on it so I would start a quick intro guide on this site for the fuck of it.

Insectron Guide:
Okay now Insectron at first glance reminded me a bit of chess or checkers. It looks like a simple board game where the player places 5 "insectors" and pits them against the AI opponent's 5 insectors. The insectors are basically bug creatures that the player can catch once you arrive on the planet Juraika and speak to a certain NPC. I believe this NPC provides you with your first trap and rearing cage. There are 3 traps and 3 rearing cages each.

I don't think the rearing cages matter as to what environment they are or what insectors go in them. Each cage allows 5 insectors, allowing a total of 15 at a time. The traps however claim to offer certain advantages to catching certain insectors. The second trap and cage are available for purchase from an NPC at the insectron stadium in Zerard. The second trap claims to give an advantage when trying to catch land based insectors (not flying). The third trap, as you may have guessed, claims an advantage when attempting to capture flying insectors. The third trap and cage must be made using the Factory in Zerard. I believe you get the blueprints for them from NPCs in the insectron stadium.

The player can begin catching an insector by selecting the desired trap and using the "Place Food" option. Once food has been placed in the trap it can be set up in the game world within a few feet of the player. The food chosen seems to have some type of effect on what type of insector you can catch. I am not too sure how this works at this point in time.

There are 17 different types of insectors. The families of insectors are as follows: knife beetle, bazoo beetle, staggy, cutterpillar, mantis, hopper, flutterbug, springtail, stingbee, lady beetle, flipperbug, dung roller, itsahorse, hercules, faerie, bombsnail and silkspider. Each family has its own special attack. Although, I have not captured all the different families, I would recommend mantis, flipperbug, faerie, and staggy due to their special abilities. The special abilities of these insectors are listed in the help menu. (System: Help.)

Getting Decent Insectors:
The only way I see of getting decent insectors is by breeding. In order to breed insectors they each need to be adults and of opposite sex. Upon breeding the two insectors dissapear and leave a new (larva) insector. Through experimentation I have found that the higher ranking insector will influence the family of the new insector. If the insectors are of the same rank the male takes precedence. Obviously, inter-species breeding is allowed. You can tell what rank your insectors are via their name (Blade beetle > Knife beetle). I used this guide for this aspect http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929240-rogu ... faqs/47622 .

In order for insectors to reach adulthood they must be feed. An insector cannot be feed unless it has a low Satiety bar. I feed my insectors sanchez fruit, as it is easy to farm (or buy later in the game) and offers good parameter boosts, without taking away any. Each food has a different parameter effect on insectors. I think these are also listed here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929240-rogu ... faqs/47622 . Once ready to breed the insectors must be hungry (satiety low) and then feed formula must be used with both insectors.

If you have a tournament specific question you can also find that information in the link^

I'm pretty sure you can rank up to the best insectors via breeding and not worry about leveling initially. Once you have the highest rank of the insectors in the families you want then you can level up. I believe this will not take away from any of their parameters. This guide was meant to simplify some of the initial figuring out of insectron. I don't know if anyone is actually going to use this. If you want further information please let me know.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: Rogue Galaxy
Pokemon!

4 pcs.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 35
Level 35

Cash on hand:

Bank:
lol, I guess it is somewhat like pokemon.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 35
Level 35

Cash on hand:

Bank:
One of the characters in this game just told me I've been playing too long and should take a break. Fuck off Kisala I will play as long as I want.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]