Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Fetuses aren't people, they're fetuses. 
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: Fetuses aren't people, they're fetuses.
I know a little, just not enough to know every single blogger that ever became a Feminazi.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
I didn't know that name, but I had heard some feminist had said that at some point.
Was kinda more honest really. Said abortion really is killing a human being and all. But said that the child is a parasite and just as a woman has the right to kill a rapist trying to intrude upon her body, she can kill the parasite.

Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:06 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
CarsitoPyg wrote:
As for your other stuff, fetuses are not self aware and aren't even people for that matter. Yolk isn't a chicken, it's yolk. Fetuses aren't people, they're fetuses.
thats retarded plus thats a horible analogy a yolk is more like a chickens placenta hm sentient placenta

life begins at fertilisation bitch (i would also accept conception its incorect but its still an answer i can respect)

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:53 am
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
I'd fry baby yolk, put some salt on there, and eat for breakfast.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:09 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
and by baby yolk you of course mean infant seman because you are a pedofile

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:13 am
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
You know, there are actually clips on the internet of people frying their semen and it looks just like fried eggs!
I take back that thing about me eating semen...

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:56 am
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
There's a whole cookbook dedicated to cooking with semen... just sayin.

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
ah, you humans....

1: a yolk is never going to become any bird, more like it becomes their lunch as the white of the egg forms into a bird and eats it for nutrition (cause they don't have umbilical chords connecting them to a mother).

2: self-awareness, humans are so funny about this, you all believe that self awareness is "I think therefore I am", lol self awareness isn't a first person perspective, it's a third person perspective. "do I just think what the matrix has predefined me to think? or do I think for myself?"

animals aren't capable of this form of reasoning, neither are certain people of certain ages, however lack of sentience does not justify the ability to slaughter that life-form, instead the question we must ask is "can it's brain and does it's brain process signals of pain on a conscious level?"

many 6th month and onward fetuses for example have the sensory system and the functioning brain parts necessary to produce a reflexive reaction to pain, however they either don;t have the brain parts or they aren't functioning yet to give the ability to process pain on a conscious level. In fact even a fetus that has just been born has not developed a conscious ability to interact or react to anything, heck they stick more needles and probes in a newborn baby than during any alien abduction. babies slowly develop the conscious portions of their brain as their bodies send them signals for the first time. many babies cry as a reflexive reaction to the new sense of light yet no one will ever remember it and no baby truly feels or experiences it, you're out cold at that stage just a subconscious reacting to stimuli, just a zombie; eat, move, moan, piss, poo, sleep, eat repeat.

babies movements are random as start, subconsious twitches, those eyes are open but no one is home. like a plant their body may react to movements with movements, but there is no processing of what they are doing, it's all just reactions. they get sentience at an alarming rate however after being born, all the new stimuli overwhelm them and cause their subconscious to develop another part of the brain to handle dealing with it all; the conscious.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:19 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
I'm gonna shoot down your delightfully overlong post with one simple fact. We know of at least 7 other animal species besides our selves capable of self awareness, or sentience, as it were. Of these, the three I can recall off the top of my head are Elephants, Dolphins, and the Orangutan.

http://www.livescience.com/39481-time-t ... ience.html

First article, which I do not wholly agree with, but is powerful.

Bubba wrote:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
psychokittyboy wrote:
I'm gonna shoot down your delightfully overlong post with one simple fact. We know of at least 7 other animal species besides our selves capable of self awareness, or sentience, as it were. Of these, the three I can recall off the top of my head are Elephants, Dolphins, and the Orangutan.

http://www.livescience.com/39481-time-t ... ience.html

First article, which I do not wholly agree with, but is powerful.

you missed the part where I debunked their definition of self-aware didn't you?

that article is based off of the primitive first person concept "I think therefore I am", of course all animals think this way, even flies, they know they are different from everything else around them they know to protect themselves. this is the I think therefore I am at hard work to define sentience as anything thats alive and can be observed reacting to anything.

self aware again, is actually the third-person view point, which animals can't comprehend which is;

"do I think because the matrix tells me to think? or do I think for myself?"

so that article is moot

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Actually, you fail to understand "I think, therefore I am". Which is thinking outside of pure survival, and ones ability to recognize the world outside themselves.

I.E., the ability to recognize oneself in a mirror, which so far is only found in a limited number of species.

Where as a fly, which was your example, is only able to to react to the world around it, with no evolutionary incentive to cause the world to react to them. Now, that may happen by accident, but the fly does not say... break into a brewery to find alcohol, and get shit faced. That would be the elephant. It is able to plan, and make decisions based on wants, not needs.

Bubba wrote:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
children don't develop that self awareness until they're like 5 years old. Still, doesn't justify killing them.
I'll just throw this one out, though. If I have a kid, and it dies as a baby, I will be sad only because I'll have to wait longer to get a new one, not because I will miss it or anything like that. Babies are just as precious to me as plants.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:48 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
You'd be devastated, no matter what you say. It's an instinctual response only lacking in sociopaths. A very valuable instinctual response, of course.

Bubba wrote:

Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 25
Level 25

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
Newpurple wrote:
children don't develop that self awareness until they're like 5 years old. Still, doesn't justify killing them.
I'll just throw this one out, though. If I have a kid, and it dies as a baby, I will be sad only because I'll have to wait longer to get a new one, not because I will miss it or anything like that. Babies are just as precious to me as plants.

You pulled that out of your ass didn't you? I have clear memories AT LEAST From when i was 3 years old onward. Spotty? yes. But also self aware.

I won't comment on your callous and nihilistic comments regarding your hypothetical progeny . . . other then I hope you decide to refrain from breeding with this mindset.

I decided even though it may not be wanted, I'll go ahead an throw my two cents in regarding the issue.
To me, weather self aware comes into play doesn't really matter. The thing that bothers me are a couple of things and they are related moreso to sociology and culture.

I think abortion should be an option in extreme cases, but heavily looked down upon in most cases (Notice I didn't say outright banned). Its not absolutely necessary in most cases to even have an abortion. There are so many different ways to not have a child (excluding abstinence). The real problem is that people lack the self control and foresight to make good decisions; operating on purely animal instincts. Its wasteful and so easily avoidable if you practice "safe" sex. And don't give me that stuff about, "oh condoms suck", its not that hard to pull out and there are other options available as well. Maybe if people had even the slightest foresight they would think about it more carefully.

In my opinion it stems from an even broader issue which is people taking the easy way out, always wanting instant gratification, pure unfiltered hedonism in extreme cases. Abortion (in the normal way, not "she god raped" or something similar in negativity) is one of those things that basically says, "Hey, you don't have to be precautions about anything you do or even take responsibility for it; because there arent' any lasting consequences". I've come to disdain that mindset in people with a passion. Any institution which promotes that mindset and the results thereof should be looked down upon.

¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$
¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:12 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Lime wrote:
Newpurple wrote:

You pulled that out of your ass didn't you? I have clear memories AT LEAST From when i was 3 years old onward. Spotty? yes. But also self aware.

I won't comment on your callous and nihilistic comments regarding your hypothetical progeny . . . other then I hope you decide to refrain from breeding with this mindset.

I decided even though it may not be wanted, I'll go ahead an throw my two cents in regarding the issue.
To me, weather self aware comes into play doesn't really matter. The thing that bothers me are a couple of things and they are related moreso to sociology and culture.

I think abortion should be an option in extreme cases, but heavily looked down upon in most cases (Notice I didn't say outright banned). Its not absolutely necessary in most cases to even have an abortion. There are so many different ways to not have a child (excluding abstinence). The real problem is that people lack the self control and foresight to make good decisions; operating on purely animal instincts. Its wasteful and so easily avoidable if you practice "safe" sex. And don't give me that stuff about, "oh condoms suck", its not that hard to pull out and there are other options available as well. Maybe if people had even the slightest foresight they would think about it more carefully.

In my opinion it stems from an even broader issue which is people taking the easy way out, always wanting instant gratification, pure unfiltered hedonism in extreme cases. Abortion (in the normal way, not "she god raped" or something similar in negativity) is one of those things that basically says, "Hey, you don't have to be precautions about anything you do or even take responsibility for it; because there arent' any lasting consequences". I've come to disdain that mindset in people with a passion. Any institution which promotes that mindset and the results thereof should be looked down upon.

I pulled it out of Through the wormhole with morgan freeman where they theorize on when people actually become conscious. When you can't look at yourself in the mirror and realize that is you, then you're not self aware. you're not alive in my opinion. If you were to die in that state, your life was no more precious than an animal's.
And wether or not I'd breed with this mindset (I am not really using condoms here in japan) doesn't matter. Before the child becomes self-aware I will protect it, but it's the same as protecting your balls so you don't go sterile in case you want children. I am not one to listen to instinct. At least, this is what I feel right now, but you know, once I get older and start wanting children, it'll be a whole other story, I guess.

psychokittyboy wrote:
You'd be devastated, no matter what you say. It's an instinctual response only lacking in sociopaths. A very valuable instinctual response, of course.

Well, I'd probably get sad. I might have exaggerated a little when I compared babies to plants. I'd probably get the same kind of attachment to the baby as I'd get to a dog. The longer it'll be around, the more I'll like it, that is until he/she start speaking, that's where the real love develops. But I can tell you right now, if my baby was to be stillborn, I'd not give a single fuck. It would be just like as if the baby wasn't mine.

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:11 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next