Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Thrice 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Thrice
Thrice has, over the last few years, probably become my favorite band. They continue to change many things about their sound and style to evolve as the go on.

They're last album, The Alchemy Index, was a pretty amazing work, containing 4 discs each based around a different classical element: Fire, Water, Air, Earth. All tied together in an interesting way. Cool story about how they actually ended up dropping their label, any label in fact for a while, in order to release this album the way the wanted to.

They have a great progression of questions, error, answers, determination, and so on throughout their work, showing kinda the growth of a person, in one way.

And, I haven't heard it all yet but I'm listening to most of it now, they have a new album out now, Beggars. The full (digital) album is currently streaming on PureVolume, the physical album, with 5 addition tracks will be out in september. Check them out. I think their older stuff is still a good bit heavier/harder, so check the older albums if you'd like some of that (Identity Crisis, The Illusion Of Safety, The Artist in the Ambulance, Vehessu has some hard stuff and so does Fire Disc of Alchemy index too).

Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Location: Physically Tulsa, Metaphysically Purgatory-repenting
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Thrice
A girl I liked in High School got me into them. I like Identity Crisis and Silhouettes as well as Under a killing moon.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:33 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]