Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Atheists and Agnostics 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Atheists and Agnostics
Is there anyone on this site that actually believes in a religion.I don't someone who believes in some of the things, or someone who believes in a higher power but is unsure, and not anyone who believes in good/bad or heaven/hell but not a god(s).

Id there anyone on this site that actually believes in a religion with a god(s) and its traditions. Worships properly and practices the religion? I"m not saying you have to believe and trust and understand every little detail of that religion but its more then a general concept for you?

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Post Re: Atheists and Agnostics
Noth1n, PKB and Rosie are the ChristFags of FHs.

and Valacre/Bry/Sara used to be Christian and then went to Satanist or w/e...

I don't think anyone else is religious, though. Maybe some of the new people, like Sublem or w/e... who knows.

You have to figure that the content and intent of FH would be discouraging to most Christians. Hell, the Internet itself is a place for people to post Ogrish type shit... why the fuck would Christians get into that? and ED... atheist world.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Well Carsito. ppl can go on the internet and look at all the criticism like me i'm not just Christian but catholic. and i ignore all of it cause i believe in my faith and my faith is strong. so..

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Well, Ogrish type shit is stuff like mutilated corpses and such. Think of my Sig, but IRL.

And it's not good to ignore criticism on religions. Instead, look at it and see why that criticism would be wrong. If you can't think of a reason, than it's because it's right.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:47 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
no i do i take into consideration the stuff that makes sense. i ignore unnecessary criticism things that people say when they don't have the facts and there just saying stuff to look smart ya know. I'm a firm believer in my faith however there are something in the teaching i don't agree with. those things don't make me not believe or have faith though.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:51 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
I'm talking about criticism of the religion itself:
Proof
Existence
Logic
Contradictions
etc.

Critiquing the bible itself is really too easy. Critiquing Faith is something that takes a little more of a push. But I've made my topic on the problems with Faith and Religion. Not gonna repeat myself.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
that's understandable but to critique a religion not just Christianity u have to understand the religion fully not to just think understand some of the some u read, see, and think. (you only critic the bible cause u've never read the Qur'an(Koran), the Tipitaka, the Tao Te Ching, the Torah, any of the 100 of Vedas, and those are just some of the top religions holy texts.). most people who think they have there facts their arguments are as sound as they think because they have never studied the religion, understood it or read more then just one whole holy texts.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:29 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
I understand the bible more than MOST Christians.

True, I don't study it. That's like studying one really long book, a boring book also.

But, debating a religion itself is actually easy because all you have to do is start with a religious person. Odds are, w/e they DO know will be said with in the debate. You use that against them. So no matter what, you are using their own beliefs against them.

Debating Faith and the concept of religion itself is more of what I do mainly because it is more of a philosophical argument. Once again, see my topic on religion for better understanding of my critiques. Read the back and fourth I have with Noth1n, because that's where the philosophy starts to come out.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
CarsitoPyg wrote:
I understand the bible more than MOST Christians.

True, I don't study it. That's like studying one really long book, a boring book also.

But, debating a religion itself is actually easy because all you have to do is start with a religious person. Odds are, w/e they DO know will be said with in the debate. You use that against them. So no matter what, you are using their own beliefs against them.

Debating Faith and the concept of religion itself is more of what I do mainly because it is more of a philosophical argument. Once again, see my topic on religion for better understanding of my critiques. Read the back and fourth I have with Noth1n, because that's where the philosophy starts to come out.

So i don't have to read a really long convo give me of an example of what u mean by this.

And faith u could just say give me solid proof this person exist. u could disprove any religion from this. of course u have the miracles and what not that ppl believe in, but simply any religion is based on the fact of faith. people believe in something that they may not always be able to explain or prove and that is what a religion is. the belief in something that is not full-proof and can't always be explained or something that doesn't have solid proof

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
well, the part in red I haven't discussed much on this forum. That's stuff more with Haz and Lime (and Klacid, when he was around).

I deal with philosophy.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
ok then. well i'll leave u to ur opinions and i'll have mine

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
It's not about opinions.

It's not my opinion that the bible was written 300 years after Christ's death.

it's not my opinion that it's IMPOSSIBLE for that flood (Noah's Ark) to have happened.

I may have personal opinions about religion, but they're BASED on fact.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
1st off. half of the bible was written b4 Jesus. and 2nd the gospels were started only 30 years b4 Jesus. the other books those are only the ones that the Cannon put in there. there are so many more gospels and books written short after his death up to 300 years ago.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
1. Yes, but it was called the Torah. you know what I meant, anyway.

2. Starting to write scrolls 30 years after SUPPOSED death is fishy enough. But think of this:
The New Testament is made up of scrolls accepted by the church. Many of the writings being written by people who never met Jesus or the Apostles. yet, they claim the miracles were true and they claim the prophecies are true.

The same occurred with the Old Testament. These "books" are an assortment of scrolls written by random people who's words were chosen as truth ONLY because of the church in power.

But, I don't like to debate things like this that much, because there will always be a counter-argument (a bad one, but nonetheless a never ending argument).

Once again, to see what I prefer to debate about, read my topic on religion.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:14 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
ya. well i'm done debating (speaking of which) i have to read siddhartha. a book describing part of his life before he became a buddha.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:31 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next