Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 THE STORY IS FINALLY HERE!! 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post THE STORY IS FINALLY HERE!!
The story many of you have been waiting anxiously for, I've decided to give you TWO:

1. The Story of Recent Events

A few days ago while browsing the forums I decided to go ahead and check to see if anyone had posted or tried to join The Guardians or see if anything else was going on.
I checked, nothing had happened. I noticed that the sticky thread didn't seem to have been changed since I started The Guardians, and due to their being right under the sticky and vocal, I checked to see if Pandemonium had followed the procedure for starting a group. It had not, and I thought this was kinda funny, seeing as how their founder was running the approval process and had posted the rules himself.
Now, I thought this was pretty funny, and in such a light, along with how edgy Seike had been lately blowing everything out of proportion, I decided to check with someone else whether this warranted a warning, even though I had given warnings for specifically this reason previously. So, I asked good old PKB who at the time was assist admin and has been mod/admin longer than i have. He confirmed I should do it and it warranted it.
So I did, I closed the topic and gave Seike a warning for breaking rules, with the explanation of it and noting he knew the rules as he posted them himself. I even put it in our staff lounge Warning Tracker.
I figured he might get a bit angry about this (most people do when I warn them, but when i give further explanation they usually see I was justified in giving the warning under the rules).
Instead, next time I logged in I had a somewhat snotty pm from Seike saying the rule doesn't apply anymore, that I abused my powers, and that I was demodded.

Now, until then, I really wasn't after Seike nor cared much about what he did. I for a while had been trying to tell him he was wrong about the meaning of a word and the range of a field I have specifically put a great deal of study into, as some of you know, but disagreements like that aren't that big a deal. I disagree in a more important fashion with Lime and PKB after all. Somehow he seemed to get paranoid from this though and think everything was a personal attack. After this, I didn't care that much about being demodded. You guys know me, I don't do much with the power other than move/lock topics once in a while and warn rule breakers when I see them once in a while, so its pretty much just work, though I like being able to clean up the serious board. I thought it was kinda funny at times really. I began to be a bit more worked up when Seike began making things more public and acting like things were even bigger than they were, and started giving his "explanations" of "proof" that things were personal. I also expected this to blow over a lot sooner.

So thats the story. I elaborated on it because of the long build up. You guys have seen lately the rest that a followed so far. And now you all know precisely what its all over: 1 warning for breaking a rule. That's it. Hoping for giant conspiracy? Big battle? Wars of banning and hacking? Nope. Its all as simple and stupid as 1 warning for breaking a simple rule.

2nd Story: Part 1: Awakening

"One motion, smooth and quick, is all it will take to make that dark rose water come forth and take away the world of pain in a swirl of lasting nothing."
"No, that is not my will. I am not so fooled by this current state to forget what I have known in other times. I have known the warmth of a simple child's smile, the bliss of human touch. I have seen the single moment that lasts but a second and is gone on a cloudy twilight when the sky is truly gold above Gothic Spires and Mountain peeks. No, I will not give in so foolishly and run from that and more."

The morning Sun rose and shown into the damp shelter where a man slept, almost naked on the cold, rocky earth. Ashes lay at his feet from a rained out fire, and a dirty knife lay beside it. The man awoke, weary, from the bright sun upon his eyes and slowly sat up. This was the third night he had been visited by what he called The Blue Voice, and still he could not decide whether anything had happened or whether he was becoming delirious from lack of food and proper sleep and the strangeness of the wood.

Ruki, they used to call him, and as yet he had thought of nothing better. He could not now reckon how long he had been in this particular wood, a month perhaps? He had been beaten by bandits and dropped there as a joke, kidnapped while wandering the roads in search of a new home. The cruelty of his own people who caste him out for... but he did not want to think of it. With is current desolation it did not really sting so hard. The mind can only hold so much before it at a time, and hunger and sore fought for primacy in Ruki's now.

Presently, Ruki crawled out of his meager shelter of branches and vines. Last night rain, he knew, meant there might still be worms, possibly even a frog or two, still out in the open. His stomach directed him today. Still, something about last night's meeting troubled him enough to creep into his mind along with the hunger, and his search was distracted. "Could it have been real? Does my mind desire death so much yet? But why would some other force wish for me to take my life, my chances are slight as it is, aren't they?"

As sometimes happens, when a wondering, beaten mind is distracted from the vital task of survival, in remote abandoned parts of the world, Ruki tripped and fell straight through what, until now, he termed "Reality".

To be continued.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Mother Fucker
Mother Fucker

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: THE STORY IS FINALLY HERE!!
1st one good 2nd one meh

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
2nd one is bonus material, for the enthusiasts who have been waiting so long.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:34 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
By the way: This is a great exercise in marketing.

It doesn't even matter if these stories were good or not. If you had been paying for it, you would have already given me your money, and I would already have spent it on pudding (codeword for drugs?).

But as it is: I already got your views! YOU READ IT! YOU CANNOT UNREAD IT!

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:44 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Tech Admin
Tech Admin

Cash on hand:
Group: Assist Admins
Give me pudding.

Also, I didn't care much for the first one since I already knew all that's happening. I really liked the second one though, and expect you to finish it (whether on FH or somewhere else) sometime.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged

Cash on hand:
Stories are more entertaining from my perspective. Enough said

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
1st one, thumbs up. Puts a lot in perspective. Would like to hear both sides.

2nd one, applied to nothing, tl;dr.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:57 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
EX-Seika wrote:

Not really. Granted I haven't done much writing in a long time, but as I recall your stories were rather bland and the biggest lure to any I read was the inclusion of of members of forkheads as characters.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:02 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged

Cash on hand:
Fine fine bring the conversation on a completely different topic. Whatever, I'll have a story for you tomorrow or the likes.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
n0th1n wrote:
EX-Seika wrote:

Not really. Granted I haven't done much writing in a long time, but as I recall your stories were rather bland and the biggest lure to any I read was the inclusion of of members of forkheads as characters.

Oh yes, please do antagonize 'er :x

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:38 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
EX-Seika wrote:

EX-Seika wrote:
Fine fine bring the conversation on a completely different topic. Whatever, I'll have a story for you tomorrow or the likes.

WHO exactly brought "the conversation on a completely different topic"?

Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:32 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged

Cash on hand:
Note the usage of the word perspective, as in, my perspective of the very same story you spun would be more entertaining. :)

1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:03 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
You mean the one where the voices in your head are telling you everyone is out to get you and you should eat the yellow mushroom?

And then you decide to kill off anyone who hesitates to kill small children for you out of paranoia that they might try and oppose you later?

Well, as for the second part, stop copying Shakespeare's Richard the Third.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:17 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged

Cash on hand:
Well that would be quite a story now wouldn't it?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Indeed, Richard the Third is quite a story.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:47 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next