Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Time to vent. 
Author Message
Level 19
Level 19
User avatar

Cash on hand:
0.00
Posts: 1905
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:34 pm
Group: Oldies
Post Time to vent.
First and foremost: if you're one of the limp-dicked panzies that'll see this topic, scroll to the bottom, and type tl;dr, then don't even bother. As the title suggested: this is a vent topic, and I intend to type a lot. Maybe you don't really care, and if so just go back to the spam board and ignore this topic. All I'm trying to do is vent and give you some insight as to just how big a prick my brother is and see if anyone out there agrees with me.

Alright, I'm going to tell you about what I would consider to be my problems and the problems that my brother has. I do this because I want some outside opinions on the matter because clearly one of us is completely stone-cold fucking crazy.

I'll start by as defining my flaws as unbiasedly as I can. Personally I believe myself capable of this because I've come to terms with my short-comings a lllooonnnggg time ago.
My biggest problem is that I'm a horrible slacker. Truth be told there's little more I ever wanna do than sit around and play videogames. That said, I do have enough motivation to hold a job and do said job as I'm instructed. Things I can get away with doing half-assedly, I do them half-assedly. But when push comes to shove and something important comes up, I get it done. That said, my lack of motivation came out most clearly during my college career. It is no one's fault but my own that it took me 6 and a half years to graduate. I started smoking pot a lot, really had no interest in my reading assignments in my lit classes and as such did poorly on the tests. I had been known to put off 10 page papers that required outside sources for quotes until like, 5 hours before they were due and then drowning myself in stress as there obviously wasn't enough time to do a good job on them, so I'd say fuck it and no do'em at all. In a small way, I could actually blame my brother for my increasing lack of motivation as it was he who got me hooked on pot in the first place. But unlike him, I don't blame others for my problems...but we'll get to that in a minute.

Honestly, my lack of motivation pretty much sums up what I would consider to be my problems. In general I do my very best to be a nice guy and treat everyone I meet and work with with respect and dignity, and sure enough people treat me the same way. I really try my best to keep things as civil and decent as possible at all times, I'm not big on confrontation, and as such I don't like to rock the boat. Now this isn't to say that I don't have bad habits. Procrastination, obviously, being a big one. Smoking pot, obviously, being another one. As is smoking cigarettes. Apparently my decision to grow my hair a bit long combined with that of growing a beard which, I do admit, makes me look kinda like a wild mountain-man is a "bad-habit", or a problem, or so my brother would lead you to believe. But ya know what? It's fucking cold in Kansas City during the winter and having more hair keeps my head warm...excuse me for wanting my body-hair to serve a function other than making me look nice. Suffice to say, the way I look and my lack of motivation apparently makes me a worthless piece of shit in my brother's eyes. But now it's time for me to attempt and capture the essence of what I believe is wrong with my brother.

I'll start by paraphrasing a speech that he himself told me one day when we were hauling trash from a job site to the dumpster. I'll preface this by saying that my brother is the kind of person who can just sit there and think to himself or talk to himself and build himself up to a furious rage. His anger is the heart off his problem, but I'll discuss that here in a moment.

My brother's words (paraphrased): "...you know we all make choices and we have to deal with them. I should have gone to Boston College and played football but I decided I wanted to smoke pot and party..." "...but look at Brendan, he tells me all about how he's the most unqualified person in his office but he's still getting paid a lot! And how'd he get that job? His uncle hooked him up with it! But will my dad (interesting side note: when speaking of our dad when I'm the one he's talking to, he still says "my dad", as though we're not even related) make a couple phone calls and get me a job? No!" I should explain that my father is actually someone of influence. I wouldn't consider him a "big shot", but he is pretty rich, having started in the insurance business and ended up owning and running 3 nursing homes and is now retired before the age of 60. To give you an idea of how rich he is, he goes out of town seemingly every two weeks for a two week hunting trip to places like South Africa, Russia, British Columbia, Argentina, and even hunting polar bears in the above the Arctic Circle. Anyways, over the years he's made a lot of friends in a lot of high places, truth be told if he actually did want to get me or my brother a job, I'd imagine he could, but I'll get to why he won't here in a little bit. "Jeremy hung in there at the call center and when the guy above him got promoted, he was promoted to that guy's job. So now he's getting paid good money. And here I am, married, got one kid with another on the way, my wife doesn't want to work and my dad won't help me get a better job."

As I mentioned, what pretty much everyone that's ever met my brother agrees is his problem is the fact that he is uncontrollably angry...like, all the time. In case you didn't notice by the previous paragraph, my brother believes he DESERVES better than what he's getting from life right now. He believes our father owes it to him to get a job, and that kind of attitude is exactly why our father will not just hand him a great job. He believes that you should make it for yourself and not just have everything handed to you...a sentiment my brother is quite hypocritical towards. One of my brother's favorite things to say is "Hey, I live in reality, and people don't like me because I tell them how reality is!"....no, people don't like him because he's a fucking prick to everyone at all times. When I decided to move out of his house, needless to say there was a rather large argument because he was no longer getting a 500 dollar rent check from me every month. Being married with a kid and another on the way, needless to say his finances are rather tight. At one point my mother was trying to explain to him that this unnatural rage of his was a problem, that he needed to get help. To which he screamed at the top of his lungs "I'M NORMAL!!! I'M NORMAL!!! HE'S THE ONE THAT'S FUCKED UP!!!" So now I will describe what his apparent definition of reality is and what he considers normal.

Evidently, he believes its normal for people to get road-rage to the point that they're shouting out the car window at people driving by at 50 mph as if expecting them to even understand what he's saying. Here's the kicker though: he does this when he's not even driving. I'm not saying I don't get road rage, hell, after pissing away 3 years of my life delivering pizzas, I've lost all faith in humanity when it comes to driving. Quite simply: I hate driving. However, when I'm NOT driving, when I'm just sitting in the passenger seat, I don't get pissed off. Maybe that makes me abnormal, but to me I'm officially just along for the ride. Yeah, I might chuckle and say "That guy's a fucking prick" when someone I'm riding with gets cut off, but I don't flip out, roll the window down, stick my head out it, and scream "STOP TEXTING YOU FUCK!!!"

In his version of reality, he's the smartest person in the world. Everyone else is beneath him, and as such, he gets to treat them like they're beneath him. It used to be that he was out flipping houses with me and the boss. At which point he might offer suggestions to the boss about things and sometimes he would have a better way to do it. But in the end, the boss by definition is the boss, at least on the job site. His word is final. Before this job, my brother worked a a financial planner for a pretty well respected company...a pretty good job that he was good at; even had his own office with a window. This job, however, wasn't good enough for him as he decided to quit...to this day I can't understand why. Anyways, given his background in business, the company we now work for decided to move him up to an office position, specifically acting as a representative to show people the houses and get them rented or sold. From time to time when there's nothing for him to do, he'll come and "help" around the job site...by "help" I mean reluctantly doing what he's told and bitching the whole time about how we're doing things. Maybe I'm the one who's wrong on this, but I don't think that just because he's in the office he has the right to come around and start barking orders at us workers because we're not doing what he thinks we should be doing...especially since he's no longer doing the physical labor himself. Needless to say: everyone at the job site thinks he's a total prick. This is even more frustrating with the fact that he doesn't even go to the office anymore (I'm pretty sure they couldn't put up with his attitude anymore and as such suggested he just work out of home since all he needs is his cell-phone and lap top). So when he's done with the two appointments he might have in a day, he just sits at home playing Call of Duty all day, if the phone rings: great. If it doesn't: oh well. As such he thinks he should be treated like king dick of the company even though he does minimal actual work.

In reference to my lack of motivation, he once asked me if I had any ambition at all or if I was just biding my time until someone in our family dies so I can get a fat inheritance. I told him that most specifically was not the case, but apparently in his mind - in his warped view of reality - he believes I answered with "Actually yeah, that's my plan." In his warped view of reality, he truly believes that everything that has gone good or right in my life I owe to him. He believes that he's the one who got me through college. He believes he's the one who got me the job I currently have. As such, he believes that I owe him some kind of major debt of gratitude. Well if that's true and he gets to take credit for all the good things in my life, then he also gets to take credit for all the bad things in my life. As such it's his fault I'm addicted to pot and cigarettes. It's his fault that I slacked off in college and it took me 6 and a half years to graduate. It's his fault that I pissed away 3 years of my life delivering pizzas. The list goes on and on. Now this is purely using his own logic. Unlike him, I don't believe this. I've made my choices in life and dealt with the consequences that came my way. But ya know what? At least I can go home every day and say that I can consider myself a happy person...which is infinitely more than what anyone can say about him. The point is, though, that he seems to think that I owe him something, and as such that gives him the right to treat me as his bitch-boy errand runner. Today, for instance, he called me at work and asked if we would be needing the shop-vac tomorrow because he wanted to use it to clean up his basement and wanted to know if I'd bring it over after work. Thinking we'd be done with it today, I agreed. Later it turns out we weren't going to be done with it, so I texted him that we'd need it tomorrow and that I could bring it over at the end of the day tomorrow, to which he responds "No, you can bring it over tonight and pick it up tomorrow." This was actually what spurred me to make this topic in the first place. This was the last "favor" I'll do for him in a very long while, at least until he starts acting like a decent human being and not a spoiled prick who believes everyone should do as he says because the world owes him better than what he's getting right now.

And that's the core of his problem: he believes that he deserves to be in a better position in life than he is right now. He sees the two friends I mentioned when paraphrasing his words and how they're doing very well for themselves and he gets infuriated at the fact that right now he believes he's got a shitty life. Since he believes he's got a shitty life, he apparently feels the need to lash out at everyone else because he's just pissed off all the time. But the absolute worst thing about it is he refuses to believe that there's anything wrong with him. As I said: he believes he's the "normal" one. He yells and cusses at his pregnant wife right in front of his infant son because she doesn't do the laundry when he wants her to...then turns around and denies that he yells and cusses at his wife, even though me and my mother were sitting right there watching him do it. This time it was actually because in a 30 minute time-period, she couldn't hear him over the tv at various points in the conversation, so he flipped out because she kept asking him what he asked of her.

He thinks he's the king, that everyone else is beneath him, that he deserves better out of life because of his last name, that our father owes it to him to find him a great job, and that I owe it to him to be his foot-stool. The fact that he denies having such problems means that his version of reality blinds him from the fact that he's nothing more than a fat white guy with a severe attitude problem. I hope and pray that some day he goes off on the wrong guy and gets his ass stomped...brutally...beaten and bloodied and put directly in his place. Or perhaps it would even be better for what I think is the more inevitable thing to happen: his rage will boil over at some point and he'll assault someone (my guess being his wife) and he'll end up in jail. I think that would be the best thing for him because there he would undoubtedly learn that he is indeed nothing more than a fat white guy with a severe attitude problem.

I could continue, but having already written an essay that I highly doubt anyone is going to read - I feel I've stated my case well enough. If nothing else this was a good way to vent as it allowed me to express my thoughts on the matter in a way that at least might be "heard' by other people. Obviously the only way for anyone still reading to make an opinion about this is to have actually met me and my brother and witnessed first-hand just how absolutely insane he is, how horribly he treats people around him, and how delusional he truly is. The best I can say is that everyone in my family agrees that he has serious, deep psychological problems. Even his two friends Brendan and Jeremy have witnessed his outlandish acts of unjustified rage and turned to me (back when I still lived with him) and asked "Holy shit, is he always like this?"

_________________
meldecite wrote:
ahhh i wait for the day someone can get me off.

Image


Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:31 pm
Profile
Sick Fuck
Sick Fuck
User avatar

Cash on hand:
409.50

Bank:
20,598.00
Posts: 1799
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Between sanity and madness
Group: Oldies
Country: Philippines (ph)
Post Re: Time to vent.
Looks like your brother needs some serious counseling.

_________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.


Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4
User avatar

Cash on hand:
0.00
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Time to vent.
Your pot and tobacco smoking habits aren't bad, you're just treating them in a way to make them look bad. I too have spent half a year doing nothing but sitting at home, smoking blunts and cigarettes. But I quickly realized how boring that was, so I now don't smoke weed as much as I used to, but I still smoke cigarettes and got into doing certain chemicals to use them for creative purposes(literature).

Its not your brothers fault that you have a shitty-yet-slightly-better life than him, its your own fault for accepting your brothers advice. Most of all you don't seem to be living your own life, so you blame many of your problems onto someone else.

Seeing how you've spent 6 years in college, I heavily doubt that you really needed the education. 3 years spent in pizza delivery service is your own fault, because your "lack of motivation" is just a made up scapegoat for half the shit think you've done wrong in your life.

Your brother is a douche bag, but he is still your brother. Don't follow his advice, in fact fuck his opinion in general. If you see that he has problems, then try to help him, its natural for family members to get batshit angry at you when you try to help them and they fail. In that case take a subtle approach, don't argue with him and ignore him until he asks for help again. In which case you could either discuss with him whether he is ready to accept help, or if he didn't learn shit than keep ignoring him. This has to be done in moderation, because at a certain point this could lead to his mental breakdown.

Sorry if this is too critical, but your rant is poor and doesn't make you look any different from your brother.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19
User avatar

Cash on hand:
0.00
Posts: 1905
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:34 pm
Group: Oldies
Post Re: Time to vent.
For someone who claims to have a literary mind, I must say your comprehension is very, very poor Kami. First of all, I never once said that I blamed my brother for anything. I was using his own logic to prove him wrong. Immediately afterwords I explained that I DON'T blame him for all the bad shit in my life. I also explained how I've made my choices and I deal with the consequences that come with them. The only reason I mention myself in this "rant" is so I can remain as unbiased as possible in expressing the situation as there are two sides to every story.

Try reading it again and see you you realize that nothing you mentioned in your response has any value, as I most specifically address all the points you try to make. If you still can't understand, then you need to go back to the spam board and stop wasting time by commenting on stuff you clearly didn't comprehend.

_________________
meldecite wrote:
ahhh i wait for the day someone can get me off.

Image


Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm
Profile
Level 4
Level 4
User avatar

Cash on hand:
0.00
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Time to vent.
Pardon me then.

It was my mistake of getting bored half way through, and then starting to scan it, paying no attention to the happiness of your life in the present.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19
User avatar

Cash on hand:
0.00
Posts: 1905
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:34 pm
Group: Oldies
Post Re: Time to vent.
Then you would fall under the category of "Don't really care" as mentioned in my disclaimer paragraph and as such shouldn't have bothered reading in the first place. This was posted on the serious board for a reason, just as I put that disclaimer paragraph in their for a reason because I knew there'd be people like checking out the topic.

Flawed and completely incorrect as your comment was, I suppose you should get a cup-cake for at least "trying". Though again: someone claiming to have a literary mind shouldn't form opinions over a text without actually reading said text in its entirety. "It's better to keep silent and have people think you're stupid than to speak and prove them correct."

_________________
meldecite wrote:
ahhh i wait for the day someone can get me off.

Image


Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 pm
Profile
Level 4
Level 4
User avatar

Cash on hand:
0.00
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Time to vent.
Hold on, I do care. Therefore the last paragraph of the post before my last one has something more or less related to your brother.

And on the topic of my literary mind, I'm more prone to carefully reading things that I like writing or reading, rather than vice-versa.

_________________
Image


Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Shocksock
Shocksock
User avatar

Cash on hand:
27,677.00
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:36 pm
Group: Oldies
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Post Re: Time to vent.
Dark Jester wrote:
My biggest problem is that I'm a horrible slacker. I do have enough motivation to hold a job and do said job as I'm instructed.

Most people are in some way but you seemed to deal with it in one of the better ways.
Dark Jester wrote:
I could actually blame my brother for my increasing lack of motivation as it was he who got me hooked on pot in the first place. But unlike him, I don't blame others for my problems...but we'll get to that in a minute.
.

The part nobody bothered to read
Dark Jester wrote:
And how'd he get that job? His uncle hooked him up with it!

Sorry but things like that really annoy me especially if they didn't work to get it (unqualified).
Dark Jester wrote:
To which he screamed at the top of his lungs "I'M NORMAL!!! I'M NORMAL!!! HE'S THE ONE THAT'S FUCKED UP!!!"

...
Dark Jester wrote:
He thinks he's the king, that everyone else is beneath him and that he deserves to be in a better position in life than he is right now.

Your brother seems to have Superiority Complex. He's also a moron how do you put up with it?

_________________
Image

_________________
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.


Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:30 am
Profile
Level 11
Level 11
User avatar

Cash on hand:
2,504.00
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:35 pm
Location: USA!
Group: Oldies
Post Re: Time to vent.
DJ, it's not just Kami, I don't think anyone who matters actually cares enough.

Check it out, Shock seemed to read through all of it... so you may have a fan.

I guess a response of "quit your bitching" would just be the shortened version.

As for you realizing your shortcomings, I guess you also forgot to mention how fuckin' awesome you are as to be able to realize your short comings and are able to identify them unbiasedly, unlike those other people who aren't as awesome as you.

Let's face it, this is a thread made for the sole purpose of attracting attention to you. And you got it... so you win, comrade.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:17 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Not Quite Left-Winged
Not Quite Left-Winged
User avatar

Cash on hand:
424,020.00
Posts: 11160
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:57 pm
Location: Your computer
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Time to vent.
Hmmm This Is Quite interesting Indeed. Amusing Even As I Can related In Some Way To both Of You And Your Brother. The Way You Describe Your Own Studies In College Is Very Similar To Mine, I Am Finishing Now My Second Year In College As a Slacker Of Comparable Degree, Pot And Some Of The Stress Asides Only To Realize: "Fuck This Program Just Ain't For Me." But I Do Realize And Assume That It Is My Own Fault For Not Willing To Put Enough Work Into Things That Are Irrelevant To Me...

As For Similarities With Your Brother, I Am Admittedly An Elitist Ass, Majorly. I Do Believe My Views Are Above Those Of The NormalFags Mass Because Of My Past Experiences And Continuous Reflexions. However, Even As Such Of An Ass, I Still Can't Vouch For His Crap. He Takes The World For Granted And Live In His Little Wet Dream On A Golden Cloud. I Understand Your Point Wholly And If I Did Met Him In Real Life, I Wouldn't Smash His Face, My Apologies, But I'd Happily Flame His Brain For All It's Worth, Words Are Always Funnier To Play With Than Fists Anyway... But I Digress, I'm Talking Over Absolutely Nothing. I Don't Know If You Still Care Since This Topic Dates Of About A Month, But Yeah, Your Brother Is A Delusional Moron Who Is Eventually Heading For A Sad, Sad Awakening.

_________________
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 am
Profile E-mail
PostThis post was deleted by 「H A N Z O」 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:08 am.
Reason: Not fit for general serious.
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 
 

Similar topics

 
It's about time I've let you in on a little secret
Forum: ./General Spam
Author: Kami
Replies: 8
Holidays=Time to kill=need animes to watch.
Forum: ./General Spam
Author: AirMan
Replies: 1
Girls Get in here Pervert time.
Forum: ./General Spam
Author: joshex
Replies: 75
MAKE MORE MISTAKES FASTER IN LESS TIME
Forum: ./General Spam
Author: fluffy
Replies: 38
Bath Time!
Forum: ./General Spam
Author: ReinaHarden
Replies: 24
Top


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Mods Database :: Imprint :: Crawler Feeds :: Reset blocks
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.

Portal XL 5.0 ~ Premod 0.3 phpBB SEO