Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hammm 
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: Hammm
Not necessarily, just gotta tweek it a bit: from the git-go, it was a "Hammm likes techno" thread, and we've been appeasing your tastes from the beginning. :P

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:31 pm
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Topic switch

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMvj1piK58[/video]

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Dark Jester wrote:
Not necessarily, just gotta tweek it a bit: from the git-go, it was a "Hammm likes techno" thread, and we've been appeasing your tastes from the beginning. :P

How'd you know I was a minimal guy? I fucking LOVE minimal techno! It's like wiping your ass with silk, I love it. You can just turn your nose up at everyone around you, it automatically makes you mature and intellectual :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUc-yuX9N0

Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCZ6zhKJEY

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2e5go2fK8w[/video]

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy1hPNhRP1A[/video]
The most minimal techno I could think of, besides really shitty loops and stuff.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
To me dubsteb is indifferent.

However gabber is sex

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtVOcg6VOA[/video]

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Kami wrote:
To me dubsteb is indifferent.

However gabber is sex

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtVOcg6VOA[/video]

Fruitylawl.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Would much rather spend an hour on making something that sounds nice on fl than spending days in cakewalk or something else that would sound exactly the same.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
As it turned out, the film daywalkers is pretty gay. It had a nice story and a few good actors, but how it all came together just made me want to not be sky high at the time. A few things didn't make any sense, like the farming for humans and turning vampires back into humans.

Basically the film takes place in the normal day United States (except 17 years in the future), and instead of all the jolly american citizens, the nation (and possibly the entire world) is mainly populated by vampires. And the whole vampiric infection was an actual disease, similar to that of the swine flu that spread through the human population sometime in the 80's or 90's. So its the regular day life, except everyone is a vampire. Then there's the company which produces humans or "farms" them in these bed sized vats spread all across the underground of these "farming facilities". First thing that comes to mind is: Why farm humans, who take 40 fucking years to mature when you could easily grow cattle and poultry which takes only about 5 years to mature, after all they don't even eat the humans but only suck their blood to stay alive. I'm sure a cow has a bigger blood supply than a puny human grown in some tiny shit vat. Anyway, there is this other jig where the global blood supply is falling rapidly and so certain populations of vampires are resorting to cannibalism. And funny thing about vampiric cannibalism is that it actually turns the cannibals into these fucked up mutated vampires with full grown set of wings and gargoyle-like bodies. And for obvious reasons, the regular (civilized) vampires don't take kindly to these poor freaks of nature and so they try to annihilate them with any means necessary. At the point where they described how these mutated vampires appear, me and my friend promptly debated on the topic of blood being either the metaphor for meth, coffee or some other bizarre drug that turns people into crazed junkies.

Now onto the cure to vampirism. First off there are 2 ways to turn a vampire back to human as the batshit insane story explains. First one is having to go through an absurd ordeal where you (the vampire) have to be exposed to sun for a short period of time (as prolonged exposure to sun revealed spontaneous combustion and near-instant death in most vampire cases), then you have to be dipped into water (no idea why water but apparently the vacuum somehow aids the process of turning a vampire into a human). Here I thought that this procedure was a bastardization of curing vampires by means of holy water, but since the first vampire who turned into human by this process was driving a car with black-tinted windows, speeding on the country side, eventually hitting a small fence causing him to catapult out of his front seat, smashing through the windshield, get burnt like fuck by the sun and then land directly into a river, I could only loosely relate this whole event to purification by holy water. When he came out of the water, he had colored human eyes and the sun didn't affect him one bit, and his thirst for hemoglobin disappeared as well.

Now bare with me here, but the second way of turning vampires back into humans is pretty fucked up as well. Somehow these purified humans are so bad ass, and I do mean BAD ASS that they could walk up to a regular vampire and drive a stake through their heart without the fear of being turned back into a blood sucking fiend. Apparently, when a purified human gets bitten by a regular vampire, the "purified blood" turns the vampire into a human as well. The only trick was to not go into a crowd full of vampires where you would most likely get torn limb from limb, since I'm sure that a crowd wouldn't settle just for the "taste" of blood. Now the "purified" humans come to the central building where all the farming of the human-cattle takes place, get briefly interrogated, and by briefly I mean one of them gets eaten by a bunch of military-security-vampires, who then all take turns turning into humans and get eaten by other military-security-vampires. Basically a huge feeding frenzy takes place, the whole building is littered with corpses and various body fragments of scientists and soldiers, and the few that remained were now purified humans. Hooray, the bad guys are dead, the cure is found and I can finally go home to bleach my eyes after witnessing the horrific horror film I've just seen.

Sadly, it doesn't end just like that, since one "smart" vampire (compared to the hundreds of vampires who just killed each other, including the dozens of "scientist" vampires who work for this firm) survives the massacre and emerges with a machine gun, shoots and kills all the jolly purified humans that enjoyed their life of humanity for approximately 30 seconds, and goes after the main protagonist in attempts to kill him. His motivation? Nothing really, he doesn't want blood nor does he want to stay a vampire, he just does this because he wants to make money by producing a so called "blood-substitute" that should fix the short term dilemma of the global population starving from the lack of blood. All of the sudden, the first purified human (Willem Dafoe) shows up with a crossbow and kills this evil slob. Finally its over, and I regret spending 13 dollars on 2 tickets for this film. Especially since the hallways and the theater were empty and we could walk into any film we'd please.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Lime wrote:
Hammm, you have successfully got me hooked on this dubstep stuff. Awesome shit.
Can you suggest any other good stuff you're into? (artists)

also, some more chill music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnHHDmlxiKk

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rMt66q4S4E&fmt=18[/video]

Borgore is goddamn amazing, same with Bar 9. Rinse out proper, just for me :)

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKCN3CSLZuI[/video]

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2