Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pros and Cons of AvP 
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: Pros and Cons of AvP
actually, it's pretty easy to change something to comply to multi-player standards. Good developers do it all the time. You can set the single player up to make it however you want, and then set up the multiplayer to apply more to the theme of multiplayerism.

The people who made AVP are lazy and retarded.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Or they wanted to continue the horror theme, you know, maybe.

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
well they sure did a shitty job at it, because all it ended up being was annoying.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
You haven't even played the game... or the old ones. You don't really know. It's scares you shitless.

Bubba wrote:

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
I'm referring only to the multiplayer. I already said that I'll try the single player some time.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
I'd stick with AvP 2. This was... like I said, 3/5.

AvP 2, scary as hell. Only as a Marine, but still.

Also, you burst outa someone's chest in first person.

Bubba wrote:

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:23 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
psychokittyboy wrote:
I'd stick with AvP 2. This was... like I said, 3/5.

AvP 2, scary as hell. Only as a Marine, but still.

Also, you burst outa someone's chest in first person.

AvP2 was scary at all? As a marine it was at times freaky and I'll give it that, but after getting the smart gun everything that is remotely scary turns into great target practice for your aimbot.

Alien was probably the easiest to play since you could pounce at things to kill them instantly, you could eat anyone's head to regain health, stun anything with your tail to once again eat their head, or just claw rape them. Plus you got to crawl on walls and ceilings and given night vision. In multiplayer, alien drones were the grim reapers of the battlefield.

I personally think that only the marine and the alien campaigns in avp2 were good while predator was really buggy and ridiculously annoying to use. Most of his initial arsenal includes his claws, the spear, spear rifle and the disk. For most part I found only the disk and the claws useful since the spear swings slow as fuck and has a high tendency to completely miss the target even though you're standing point blank next to it. The spear rifle just runs out of ammo too frequently, even though you can reuse its ammo it's still a pain to get all of your spears which are scattered randomly across the map, especially when you headshot someone and their head flies off into the abyss. Finally when you get the mine you feel invincible, but in reality the mine is just a slow piece of shit as well, since all the times that you require to use it is usually preceded by hacking doors or breaking consoles and the whole interval between closing your hacking module and getting out your mine is so long that by the time you actually detonate the mine, your enemies are standing right behind you and unloading lead at you. Lastly comes the shoulder cannon and I guess its not as bad as the rest of predators arsenal. A net gun is fine too.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
In any AvP game, the only campaign meant to be scary is the marine. It stems from their inability to see anything, and as such you never know when or from where something that wants you dead is gonna pop out. As the alien, you are fear itself, and as the predator, your vision modes allow you to proceed with confidence that you won't get ambushed.

As for everything you said Kami, clearly you don't know how to play the predator. The shoulder cannon, as it has always been meant to be, was the cheap way out for free kills, especially since in AvP2 you got to recharge your energy when ever you wanted. God, in the first AvP you had to just sit there...and sit there...and sit some more while your energy recharged. Anyways, the pred pistol takes over as the best weapon once you pick it up. It's ability to stun swarms of aliens is perfect for the last couple missions. As for the mines, they're the best weapon to use against the main boss, as when you actually use some skill to aim them, crouch, and walk, you can bomb his ass without decloaking or having him ever fire a single shot. The spear gun was no different. To play as the predator, you're supposed to think like a predator. Just because you have a good shot doesn't mean you should take it, perhaps there's a better shot. Specifically one that allows retrieval of the head and the spear. If you know what you're doing, you should have infinite spear-gun ammo. Also I have to disagree with your assessment of the combistick. Like a number of the predator weapons: it actually took skill to use. Here's the trick: aim for the head. Really to one time I ever used the disc was at the end of the first level when you have to fight the Praetorian.

As for multiplayer, the drone was great for "indoor" levels, while the predalien was lord of the outdoor ones...they could essentially fly on open-air maps. Fatty pred was my favorite pred to use. 1: Coolest costume. 2: sweetest pred taunts. 3: strongest armor. 4: all any pred should ever need in multiplayer is a netgun and the spear. Never liked being a marine...never have. :P Mainly because I refuse to use their "cheap" weapons...guided rockets, smart gun, and grenade launcher. That's also why I don't cop-out and go assault pred and just shoulder-cannon everyone to hell. However I'd go with the "arms race" mentality. If I was a pred and people were using the "cheap" marine weapons, I'd start discing and cannoning. Pistol spam also worked well as each show was basically a marine pulse rifle grenade.

I always thought the preds got screwed when they came out with the patch. Marines got the Exo suit which is basically god-mode, the queen was sweet on certain levels, just a giant target on others. Preds got nothing. I always thought it'd be sweet if they could get a kill streak that would give them a universal vision mode until they die, one that allows them to see all 3 species at the same time. Something as simple as that would be badass yet not overpowered...at least not nearly as overpowered as the exo and queen were.

Back to the new AvP. I've completed the Pred campaign on Nightmare...really wasn't that tough at all considering how effective your cloak is and how awesome-yet-not-cheap the disc is. Currently I'm on the last level of the Aliens on Nightmare. For fuck's sake, I've had sooooooo many "bullshit" deaths it's ridiculous. As you might recall, it's just two areas: one infested with civilians and androids. That part's easy enough, just gotta be sneaky. But then comes the pred fight in the arena. First death was due to the fact that I tried to take'em both on at once (they were running around together on the ground) Next death I found out the hard way that you shouldn't attack one unless you have full health. Third death was a random flame from the ground cooking me after I escaped a predator's grab. Fourth death was when I found out that they're basically terminator preds. I hounded one for a good full minute, kept knocking him down with pounces and power attacks, fucking him up completely but he still wouldn't die. Next thing I know he blocks a pounce and grabs me. I've got full health so I should have kicked off and been able to run away...but know, his buddy comes running up out of nowhere and jabs me while I'm still in the pred's hands. this weakens my life enough to allow the pred that was grabbing me to go ahead and rip my inner mouth out. *sigh* Seriously, I know it's on nightmare and thus should rightfully be harder, but good god I was fucking that pred up with no apparent sign of any progress.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:16 pm
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
RAPE!?

Spoiler: show

Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:08 am
Profile E-mail
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Wow, the last two posts equate to gay and buttsecks.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:58 pm
Level 27
Level 27

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Їи$aиїту
Aren't those the pros and cons of AVP? Gay Buttsecks.

Spoiler: show

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:52 am
Profile E-mail
Level 4
Level 4

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
ReinaHarden wrote:
Aren't those the pros and cons of AVP? Gay Buttsecks.

How is either one good?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2