Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Totally interesting dream that happened during a 2 hour nap 
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: פlᴉʇɔɥʎ¿¡Crime Squad
Post Totally interesting dream that happened during a 2 hour nap
... I think. Maybe. Maybe it was before, when I slept through the night. It's been a while, ok?

Anyway. So it wasn't until after, that I realized that I've dreamed about this place before. I've had a couple things like that happen. This is the second or third time I've had a location appear again. That being said, it's actually really cool. It's like this plaza on a hill on top of a town. In the middle there's this... white building that looks like the base of a tower, but nothing really happens with it. It might be sealed off, or maybe it was just turned into some restrooms. I dunno. The entrance of the plaza is to the south. (Or what feels like the south. In my mind, most things have entrances from the south.) To the east there are various three story houses, made into some kind of apartments. To the north is a big, open building. Like the front of a town hall, with the pillars supporting the front and the flat roof above. To the west there's some kind of place that houses the dead. That's forbidden, and in the dream I had memories of it being closed off before.

I had run up the hill, heading into the plaza. As I got closer I realized there must be some kind of festival going on, as there were lots of stalls everywhere. I don't know why I was running, maybe I was late or maybe it was because the air felt heavy, like it was going to rain soon. Maybe there was thunder, maybe there wasn't. For some reason I identified myself as a student. I also think I was carrying a laptop. So I got to the plaza and for some reason was absolutely drawn to the entrance of the dead housing place to the west. I got to the gates and vaguely realized that I had lost my boots in the crowd. I also realized that the gates had been changed, and were more or less open. So I just kind of crawled under, and apparently everyone else noticed me go in because suddenly a bunch of other (younger) people were running over to check stuff out. They kind of rushed in, but it wasn't really crowded. It was really dark, but you could see the outside, since it was open. Along the back there were these... stone steps, that were about waist height for each step. I went to them, and climbed up a couple, taking a seat right in front of some other guys who also seemed to be students. I just sort of sat down and relaxed, and they were way more comfortable than they should have been. But I didn't really register that in the dream. I just sort of expected them to be. At that point my thoughts just sort of drifted through various things, like where I could have lost my boots. (By the way, those boots are the ones I have in real life, and were quite recently purchased. So I was fairly distraught over that, cause they're nice and those boots were just floating around in a crowd of people.) Then something interesting happened. Someone showed up next to me. I didn't get a clear look at them, but they got really close and started trying to show me something. She had these things that looked kind of like the ends of feathers. (Exactly like the bits that poke out of feather pillows, the ends of the tiny feathers.) Though I don't quite remember the beginning, she pulled on the ends of them and apparently they were butterflies hiding in my clothes. She found this absolutely lovely, and then made me hold up my arm, and apparently some tiny caterpillars were crawling along there. She did the same thing to one of them, though I have no idea how given that there was no fabric to pull on. She just sort of instantly transformed it. A moment later, I did the same thing. No clue how, but she seemed extremely surprised that I was capable of doing so. I then got a good look at her when I looked up. (Before that it was like I had tunnel vision; I couldn't see anything but what I was focusing on.) She was a very pale girl, with really light hair that I couldn't quite tell if it was blonde or something else due to the light. She was also very small, and her eyes were extremely dark with a multicoloured center. From the corner of her smile, she had the same "threads" that she had pulled on before. I pulled one of them, which resulted in more wonderment from her, and then I tried the second one. However, halfway through that transformation I fumbled a bit, but before she could react she said she had to go, and immediately rushed off as if it was urgent. And then the stone steps I was reclining on decided to unfold, turning it into a line of gravestones. I pushed some of them back, and managed to struggle out. I exited via the place I came in, and for some reason became extremely concerned about the fact that my laptop had a virus on it. I also wondered if I could find my shoes, or if they would have been given to a stall owner to hang onto in case the owner tried to find them. I didn't know how long it had been, but it felt like a while. It was also raining, or felt miserable like it was raining but wasn't quite raining. I also thought to myself, "AFH lives near here (somewhere to the west, and a little bit to the south), maybe I can stop by to fix my laptop." However, I just went to the big building on the north side of the plaza. It looked like they were giving out meals from a big pot at the time, and I was hungry and decided a warm stomach full of food would help me make better decisions. And then I woke up.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Post Re: Totally interesting dream that happened during a 2 hour
Another really vivid one, just a day later. How neat.

So in this one I think my (immediate) family and I were fleeing something, like the police. Or maybe it was just someone in particular. I dunno, but the point is we all ended up in the middle of the woods. We had a camp in a cave off to the edge of a meadow, and we each had to do patrols around our respective areas. Since there were four (or was it three?) of us we ended up in shifts, where mine was around a very wooded section by a lake or river. All goes well for a little bit, but then we all start going a little nutty. I started hearing things and getting extremely claustrophobic. It was all I could do to not scream my head off at everyone else there. The others started developing these little ticks that showed when they were extremely irritated, beyond what they probably should have been. So before everyone went totally off their rockers, my mother decided to take everyone out to a burger place. Cause that's how dreams work. So we get to the car and drive out of the woods, and we pass by an unmarked place on the road and my mother noted that the place she was looking for used to be there. So I just say keep driving. For some reason she took every right turn she possibly could, and we ended up down this dirt road and decided to get out of the car. Then I recognized the location from previous dreams. Not only that, but I had been seeing marks from previous dreams that I had left there to mark my passage so I could trace my steps. (I actually drew my avatar from this forum on rocks or trees.) So we pass by this collection of what looks like it should be abandoned apartments, but clearly are not due to the vehicles out front. Then we continue down the path, and we go by one of those very weather faded markings of mine. My mother asks me about it, saying she said it looked familiar, and then I mentioned I used to use them as markers. That's that, and we continue down the path. We also kill some coyotes at some point in time, because apparently there were coyotes just chilling out waiting to attack people. We see more markings of mine, until we get to the end of the path, and walk down what is more or less the entrance to a bunker, looking as old and abandoned as ever. There's a big long hallway, we get to the end, and hit the call elevator button. Elevator opens, and we walk in. This is almost the exact same thing that happened in the previous dream where I placed all those markers, and I'm pretty aware of that in the dream. So we start going down, one floor at a time. And it opens at every floor, until it passes floor 9 (or would that be -9?) and goes back up to the beginning. Above the elevator doors, it basically says that if you want to continue, press 10. Also, every floor looked dark and creepy as fuck, and I am 99% sure that if we kept going, we would be subjected to all kinds of insane traps and creatures. So I decide that I'm not that nuts, and exit the elevator with my family following. (We were still looking for a place to serve burgers. We were just being really irrational about it, kind of the way I get when I play RPGs and want to explore literally every place before moving on.) So I get to the exit of the bunker, start walking up the stairs, and then a coyote at the top of the steps jumps down to attack me. I charge at it, and then lose all of my coordination as I started to wake up. It kind of jumped on me and smacked my face, but at that point I couldn't feel anything anyway and woke up immediately after.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:11 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
The speed in which I lost interest would have been astounding if I hadn't been listening to rather fast power metal at the time.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:03 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Research log: Regarding Loss of Reading Skills.

We got another patient in today. As they age, their cognitive and mental functions continue to degrade. The virus affects certain areas of the brain responsible for logical thoughts and attention span, and renders them vulnerable to the symptom we now call tl;dr.

So, we have two plans of attack; attempt to fool the virus into attacking designated 'target zones' that corrupt and degrade its own DNA/RNA, or try to strengthen the human mind into preventing it from infection in the first place?

4 pcs.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:07 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Screw that. Eat pie.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:09 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Glitchy
Glitchy

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The point of these posts is not that they will be read, the point is that they are written down. What happens after that is of no consequence.

Oh fuck off

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.