Total votes : 32

Katawa Shoujo. (Playthrough 1) 
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Katawa Shoujo. (Playthrough 1)
aka Operation Kick Loffy In The Guts Until He's Healthy.

The mission objective is to keep kicking Loffy in the guts until my spiral energy rips out the deadly poison from his body! I may get poisoned, yes... but right now, it doesn't matter! YOU STUPID FLAMING PUSSY! DON'T THINK I'LL GET DEFEATED BY THE LIKES OF SUCH SHIT LIKE PROCRASTINATION AND DEPRESSION! I'LL KICK THE CRAP OUT OF THOSE POISONS AND SAVE YOUR SORRY HIDE, YOU IDIOT!

:fireeye :fireeye :fireeye :fireeye :fireeye

STARTOA!

-----

So here we are. Two years of waiting for Loffy. But looking back, it seemed such a short time. Lots of shit happened. Good shit. Bad shit. Somewhereinbetweenshit too. I said I'd do it. Don't underestimate me, you mediocre bakashinji!

Looks like there's no real need to change any options. I hope they have good language support...

Nope. No such luck. Looks like the language section's pretty disabled, ya dig? Oh well. English it is.

With all preparations said and done, let's start the game!

/loadPersona Hisao.dat
.... load done.
/checkmem /L

Hisao.dat - loaded into high memory.
Control.dat - loaded into low memory.
XMS - 640kb
EMPS - 49,128Mb

/deployPersona Hisao.dat
....done

BGM
We begin our adventure in a snowy forest. There's a light snowfall in progress - nothing to worry about.

I don't know who the heck thought up snowfall in summer, but that's a great idea - a snowball fight on the beach! With bathing suits!

Chuckling to myself, I c-oh. Winter, eh? I must be waiting out here for someone or something real important. Cupping my hands to my mouth, I breathe out as I rub them and try to keep warm. I really should have brought gloves or something despite the fact that it'd make me look like some sorta murderer.

Just how long am I expected to wait here? The note clearly said 4:00PM.

... ah, so you want to know about the note? Yeap... slipped between the pages of my math book while I wasn't looking. As far as clichés go, I'm more a fan of the letter-in-the-locker, but at least this way shows a bit of initiative.

As I ponder the meaning of the note, the snowfall gradually thickens. Still, I nod to myself - the snowflakes silently falling from the white-painted sky are the only sign of time passing in this stagnant world.

Their slow descent upon the frozen forest makes it seem like time has slowed to a crawl. Feels like someone just pulled an imperfect Za Warudo on everything.

The rustling of dry snow underfoot startles me, interrupting the quiet mood. Someone is approaching me from behind.

A hesitating, barely audible question.

Yes, I came when I found your note. :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie :arnie

However, I recognize the owner of that dainty voice instantly.

It's a voice I've listened to hundreds of times, but never as more than an eavesdropper to a conversation.

Heart racing, I slowly turn to face her...

Mentally, I kicked myself in the head. Am I THAT bad at striking up conversation?

Pathetic-

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Inwardly, I manage to grin. She's almost as awkward as I am. I felt a moment of understanding between us.
A shy, joyous smile that makes me so tense I couldn't move a single muscle even if I tried lights her face.

My heart is pounding now, as if it were trying to burst out from my chest and claim this girl for itself.

"So... ah... here we are. Out in the cold..." I try again, another lame attempt at conversation.

Once again, the wind stirs up the branches. The cacophonous noise is music to my ears.

Iwanako flinches ever so softly against the gust of wind.

As it passes, she rights herself, as if supported by some new confidence.

Her eyes lock with mine and she lazily twirls her long, dark hair around her finger.

All the while, the anxious beating of my heart grows louder.

My throat is tight; I doubt I could even force a word out if I tried.

"You see..." she finally puts voice to her words."...I wanted to know..."

I stand there, motionless, save for my pounding heart. I'd tell her I gave her extra points for being so damn direct.

I want to say something in reply, but my vocal cords feel like they've been stretched beyond the breaking point.

BGM
Iwanako
"... Hisao?"

I reach up to try to massage my throat, but this only sends spikes of blinding pain along my arms.

Iwanako
"Hisao?!"

My whole body freezes, save for my eyes, which shoot open in terror.

A sudden frenzied drumming begins. It's everywhere, yet nowhere - I can see it beating against my very eyeballs. Drowning out Iwanako's screams, the wind, the cold, the pull of gravity, everything else. That tune, I know that tuneOHGODS.

Link

HNNNNNNNGH! I was launched out of the Japan Heart Hospital with an incredible force! As I flew towards a blonde girl, I lurched forward - and watched as her prim uniform blossomed and cracked like ice or glass into the white branches in my vision...

"What"

That's the only thought I could muster before the darkness took me. The world around me - the canopy of bare branches, the dull winter sky, Iwanako running towards me - all these faded to black - like some cheap animator with a fade effect tool. The last things I remember before slipping away are the sounds of Iwanako screaming for help and the incessant clatter of the branches above...

Link

Ow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been four months since my heart attack.

A strange word. A foreign, alien one. One that you don't want to be in the same room with. A rare condition. It causes the heart to act erratically and occasionally beat way too fast. It can be fatal. Apparently, I've had it for a long time. They said it was a miracle that I was able to go on so long without anything happening.

Is that really a miracle? I guess it was supposed to make me feel better, more appreciative of my life. It really didn't do anything to cheer me up. My parents, I think, were hit harder by the news than I was. They practically had two hemorrhages apiece. Y'know, like the bad guys who got hit with Fist of the North Star style.

I had already had a full day by then to digest everything. To them, it was all fresh. They were even willing to sell our house in order to pay for a cure.

Of course there isn't a cure.

Because of the late discovery of this... condition, I've had to stay at the hospital, to recuperate from the treatments. When I was first admitted, it felt as if I was missed... For about a week, my room in the ward was full of flowers, balloons and cards. But, the visitors soon dwindled and all the get-well gifts began trickling down to nothing shortly after. I realized that the only reason I had gotten so many cards and flowers was because sending me their sympathy had been turned into a class project.

Maybe some people were genuinely concerned, but I doubt it. Even in the beginning, I barely had visitors. By the end of the first month, only my parents came by on a regular basis.

Iwanako was the last to stop visiting. After six weeks, I never saw her again. We never had that much to talk about when she visited, anyway. We didn't touch the subject that was between us on that snowy day ever again.

At some point I stopped watching TV. I don't know why, I just did.

Maybe it was the wrong kind of escapism for my situation.

I started reading instead. There was a small "library" at the hospital, although it was more like a storeroom for books. I began working my way through it, one small stack at a time. After consuming them, I would go back for more.

I found that I liked reading and I think I even became a bit addicted. I started feeling naked without a book in my hands.

But I loved the stories.

That was what my life was like.

The days became increasingly harder to distinguish from each other, differing only by the book I was reading and the weather outside. It felt like time blurred into some kind of gooey mess I was trapped inside, instead of moving within.

A week could go by without me really noticing it.

Sometimes, I'd pause in realization that I didn't know what day of the week it was. Happens to the best of us.

But other times, all the things that surrounded me would painfully crash into my consciousness, through the barrier of nonchalance I had set up for myself.

The pages of my book would start to feel sharp and burning hot and the heaviness in my chest would become so hard to bear that I had to put the book aside and just lay down for a while, looking at the ceiling as if I was going to cry.

But that happened only rarely.

And I couldn't even cry.

Today, the doctor comes in and gives me a smile. He seems excited, but not very. It's like he is trying to make an effort to be happy on my behalf.

My parents are here. It's been a few days since I've last seen them. Both of them are even sort of dressed up. Is this supposed to be some kind of special occasion? It's not a party. Maybe I'm going to die and finally get kicked out of the hospital where I'll go on a physics-defying trip through the cosmos-

No.

There is this ritual the head cardiologist has. He takes his time, sorting his papers, then setting them aside as if to make a point of the pointlessness of what he just did. If that's some sort of patient comfort routine, it ain't working, buddy.

There he casually sits down on the edge of the bed next to mine. He looks me in the eyes for a moment.

... you know, we don't have an image for the guy. So let's use this dude.

Doctor Robotnik: "Hello, Hisao. How are you today?"

I don't answer him but I smile a little, back at him.

Doctor Robotnik: I believe that you can go home; your heart is stronger now, and with some precautions, you should be fine.

Doctor Robotnik: We have all your medication sorted out. I'll give your father the prescription.

The doctor hands a sheet of paper to my dad, whose expression turns wooden as he reads it quickly.

Dad
"So many..."

I take it from his hand and take a look myself, feeling numb. How am I supposed to react to this?

The absurdly long list of medications staring back at me from the paper seems insurmountable. They all blend together in a sea of letters.

This is insane.

Side effects, adverse effects, contraindications and dosages are listed line after line with cold precision.

I try to read them, but it's so futile.

I can't understand any of it. Attempting to only makes me feel sicker.

All this... for the rest of my life, every day?

Doctor Robotnik: I'm afraid that is the best we can do at this point. However, new medications are always being developed, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that list fade over the years.

Years... What kind of confidence booster is that I'd have felt better if he hadn't said anything at all...

Doctor Robotnik:
"Also, I've spoken with your parents and we believe that it would be best if you don't return to your old school."

"What!?" I didn't scream. The look on my face would have made it clear, though.

Dad
"Please, calm down, Hisao. Listen to what the doctor has to say..."

Huh. They expect me to calm down? The way he says it tells me he knew full well that I wouldn't like it. Am I going to be home schooled? Whatever of my concern shows, it's ignored.

Doctor Robotnik: "We all understand that your education is paramount; however, I don't think that it's wise for you to be without supervision.... "At least not until we're sure that your medication is suitable."

"So, I've spoken to your parents about a transfer."

"It's a school called Yamaku Academy that specializes in dealing with disabled students."

At last, I manage to reply. "Disabled? What? Am I..."

"It has a 24-hour nursing staff and it's only a few minutes from a highly regarded general hospital. The majority of students live on the campus. Think of it as a boarding school of sorts. It's designed to give students a degree of independence, while keeping help nearby."

I snort derisively. "Independence? It's a school for disabled kids. Don't try to disguise that fact. If it was really that "free," there wouldn't be a 24-hour nursing staff, and you wouldn't make a hospital being nearby a selling point."

Dad
"Of course, that's only if you want to go. But... your mother and I aren't really able to home school you."

Dad
"We went out there and had a look a couple of weeks back; I think you'd like it."

I fold my arms and lay back. It looks like I really don't have a choice.

Doctor Robotnik: Compared to other heart problems, people with your condition usually tend to live long lives. You'll need a job one day and this is a good opportunity to continue your education.

"This isn't an opportunity, don't call it an opportunity. Don't call it a goddamned opportunity." I mutter through gritted teeth.

Doctor Robotnik: Well, you should be excited at the chance to go back to school. I remember you wanted to return to school, and while it's not the same one...

"A special school, huh?. That's... An insult." That is what I want to say. "It's a step down."

Dad
"It's not what you think. All of the students there are pretty active, in their own sort of way."

Dad
"It's geared towards students that can still get around and learn, but just need a little help... in one way or another."

Doctor
"Your father's right. And many of the graduates of the school have gone on to do amazing things. A person doesn't have to be held back by their disability."

Doctor Robotnik: "One of my colleagues in another hospital is a graduate."

I don't care. A person doesn't have to be held back by their disability? That's what a disability is.

I really hate that something so important was decided for me. But what can I do about it? A "normal" life is out of the question now.

It's funny, I had always thought my life was actually kind of boring, but now I miss it.

I want to protest. I want to blame this lack of reaction on shock, or fatigue. I could easily yell out something now - something about how I can go back to school anyway. But, no.

I don't say anything. The fact is that I know now it's futile.

I look around the room, feeling very tired of all this. The hospital, doctors, my condition, everything. I don't see anything that would make me feel any different.

There really isn't a choice. I know this, but the thought of going to a disabled school... what are those even like? As much as I try to put a positive spin on this, it's very difficult.

But let me try.

A clean slate isn't a bad thing... right?

That is all I can think of to get me through this. At least I still have something; even if it's a "special school," it's something. It's a fresh start, and my life isn't over. It would be a mistake to just resign myself to thinking that.

"What a drag".

END PROLOGUE CHAPTER.

4 pcs.

Thu May 22, 2014 5:02 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
Post Re: Katawa Shoujo. (Playthrough 1)
Wow, you finally got started on this :D Good man! Alright, tell you what. Ive played this VN over and over, and notice you enter your own personality and flavour to the already by the developers written text. That is completely genius :D Keep doing that. Will be looking forward to the next entry!

Also, I vote on myself :D 'Cuz Im THE VN person on this board :REESE

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Thu May 22, 2014 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: Katawa Shoujo. (Playthrough 1) [Oh god; what am I readin
(18:06:15) fluffy: I can't be the only one that thinks this is the creepiest possible "Dad" pic. It's brilliant in so many ways.
YomToxic wrote:
STUFF![…]

Doctor Robotnik: We have all your medication sorted out. I'll give your father the prescription.

The doctor hands a sheet of paper to my dad, whose expression turns wooden as he reads it quickly.

Dad
"So many..."

I take it from his hand and take a look myself, feeling numb. How am I supposed to react to this?

The absurdly long list of medications staring back at me from the paper seems insurmountable. They all blend together in a sea of letters.

This is insane.

[…]MOAR STUFF‼

END PROLOGUE CHAPTER.
That is one disturbing father figure. I can only imagine what that tube is supposed to be/do; and so I shall.
*Preparing movie preview voice*

In a utopian future where all are treated as equals, one man stands apart.

[Montage clip of a scientist holding beakers and performing SCIENCE!]

Under a government that has decided all must be made to be equal.

[Scene of the scientist struggling uselessly against armed men in black]

"No! You can't! I still have work to do!"
What a delightful tale of debauchery and wood pulp. And a mindscrew dad pic. My creepiness glands/organs are salivating.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Thu May 22, 2014 6:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
ANAL

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Fri May 23, 2014 9:25 am
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
*still waiting for the next part*

Link

1 pcs.

Sat May 31, 2014 4:38 am
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
LordofFlames wrote:
*still waiting for the next part*

Link

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:37 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
You cannot rush perfection. :P

4 pcs.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
GUYS, IT'S PERFECTION! GET HER!

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:11 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Newpurple wrote:
GUYS, IT'S PERFECTION! GET HER!

Parpol.... I trusted you... *cries*

----

Act 1: Life expectancy.

This was the place. The black gate loomed ominously, dripping with rotted blood, and the bitter tears of men. Lightning and thunder clashed in the background. Kenji hugged the scarf closer to himself, fighting off an unnatural chill that hung in the air. Reaching into his left pocket, his hands closed around a small heart-shaped figurine, the last memento of Hisao. Wiping away the tears in his eyes, Kenji whispered a prayer for safety as he opened the gates to Castle Yamaku. The foul stench that pe-

... oh? We're not doing Akumajou Katawa, Shoujo of Blood yet? Oh, okay.
-

BGM - Fripperies

Truth be told, gates tend to do that, but this gate excelled at its job.

A combination of red bricks, black cast iron and white plaster that didn't seem welcoming at all.

Maybe they had to, but couldn't? It WAS a 'special' school after all...

Then again, standing out here pondering the philosophies of gates wasn't why I came here, so I walked in.

Moving forwards feels good.
(mumble) I wonder if ol' LoF would adopt that line?

The grounds are incredibly lush, filled with green.
:jont I wonder if I could score some weed growing around here?

In fact, it doesn't feel like a school at all. More like a park, complete with a clean walkway, the smell of fresh-cut grass and all of the parky things too.

Words like 'clean' and 'hygenic' traipse into my head. For a guy who has lived for what seemed like years, that made me shudder.

Shaking off the feeling of fear, I remind myself that I'm not in a hospital, and living a new life.

Looking around, I notice larger buildings behind the trees, too big to be part of any school. Not only that - everything seems to be off here. Different from all the (few) schools I knew.

Welcome to uncanny valley, I chuckled. Even though I was told this was a school, it sure didn't feel like one.

I wonder if this feeling is real or because of my expectations of a school for the disabled...

Speaking of that, I don't see anyone else. Spooky as fuck, right? It's like I stepped into another dimension or some shit.

The trees hum with the wind and the green grass catches my attention.

It just makes me think about hospitals again, how they say operating rooms are painted green because it's a calming color.

So why the fuck am I feeling so strung up despite all this greenery?

However, it was only after I stood before the haughty (naughty?) main building that I finally realize why the gate was bothering me.

It was probably the last chance I had to go back to whatever remained of my old life.

And now, there was no way I would be able to turn back. Stupid gate! You made me look bad! BOOGYWOOGYWOOO!

Link

... that felt good... :)

Truth be told, this realization made me a bit nervous. So, instead of wasting another 13 episodes yelling like Goku about it, I open the main door.

Bad posture, huh? Look anything like this?

No suck luck... and do I look like a girl to you?

Image: It's Nakai. (mumble)Is this gonna be how it's like?

Image:So you are. Excellent. I'm your homeroom and science teacher. My name is Mutou.

Image: Welcome.

We exchange a handshake that is neither firm nor sloppy, and he looks at his watch.

Image: The head nurse asked you for a brief check-in visit, but there's no time for that now.

Image: Oh. Should I go later?

Image: Yes, afternoon is probably fine. We should get going and introduce you to the rest of the class. They're waiting already.

Waiting for me? I don't really like being the center of attention, but I guess it's inevitable in a situation like this.

Somehow, not knowing what is waiting for me makes me feel really nervous.

Thinking of this, I almost miss what the teacher is saying.

I quickly considered this situation in my head.

I figured I had better get this over with before I end up having to explain it to people over and over again. Shaking my head to rid myself of a terrifying vision of having to tell my name to people over and over, I said...

Image: Yeah, sure. I mean, isn't that normal?

Image: Of course. But not everyone likes to be at the center of attention.

I'm probably one of those people, but I guess I should be the one to give the first impression of myself.

Image: Right, but it's no problem. It's theirs.

Image: Let's go then.

My heart is pounding in my chest and it keeps me thinking about my condition as I follow the teacher up the stairs.

The third door down the third floor corridor is marked as the classroom for class 3-3.

Mutou opens the door and enters.

Across the hallway, there hung a painting that I knew, or would know. We would fight with our lives at stake - but that was not in this future, or the next. So, nodding to my future opponent, I finally face the classroom door.

Image: Good morning everyone, sorry I'm late again.

Wait, what, he's late all the time?

I hesitate for a split second at the door, freezing on the spot.

-

Ah, get a grip! This is a big step, I know that... But there isn't any point to worrying so much about it, at least not this soon.

I follow the teacher into the classroom and look around, partially so I won't have to meet the curious gazes of my new classmates.

BGM - School days

It's pretty spacious; the ceiling is unusually high and there's lots of space left over around and inbetween the desks.

An entire wall taken up by blackboards and the high, old fashioned windows only make it seem larger.

The students' desks are just standard wooden desks with a shelf underneath for books and wooden chairs with metal frames. Simple and efficient.

I stop walking in front of the classroom and face the other students. They all look normal, like students in any other school. But then, why would they be here?

They're probably like me and have something wrong with them, only it's just not immediately obvious. Then, I notice one of the girls seems to be missing the thumb of her right hand. It's a little jarring.

Despite the natural tendency to listen when someone's talking about you, I tune out the teacher's speech halfway through while he introduces me to the class.

I notice a flash of dark hair and see that someone is looking at me. A girl with really long, straight hair that is pretty eye-catching. As she sees me looking back at her, she covers her face with her hands as if it will make her invisible.

There is one boy with a cane leaning against the lockers at the rear of the class. It's weird seeing someone so young with a cane.

Another girl seems to be making some weird hand motions. Sign language? She peers at me over the rims of her glasses, then goes back to whatever she's doing.

She's kind of cute. So is the cheery-looking girl with pink hair sitting next to her. She's really hard to miss; I don't know how I didn't notice her the moment I walked in...

That's when I noticed the person in the corner of the classroom. There was no doubt about it. That man was none other than Peter Griffin, future President of the United States... taking a snooze in the middle of the class, mouth wide open and most likely drooling away.

Sitting next to him was Tainaka Ritsu, the drummer of a girl-band I loved to listen to - the "After School Tea Time". She was looking out the window, most likely dreaming up some crazy impossible drumming sequence.

Image: ...please welcome our newest classmate.

He claps his hands and so does everyone else, except one girl in the first row who has only one hand. I cringe a little, but hide it by bowing in thanks for this applause I did not deserve.

A collective silence tells me that I should open my mouth now.

Image: "So... I'm Hisao Nakai."

And after that?

... well, there goes what I had planned to say, whoooosh, right outta my right ear.

Image: My hobbies are reading and soccer. I hope to get along well with everyone even though I'm a new student.

Okay, how the fuck am I able to play soccer? I really shouldn't have watched those Touhou Soccer Moshuuden videos back in the hospital.

I'm being so boring. This is exactly like every self-introduction ever. I should say something more. Something more exciting.

I end up saying nothing, and the teacher picks up from there.

Everyone seems to be satisfied even with what little I said, though. A few girls are whispering to each other, throwing glances at me. It could've gone worse.

I listen to the teacher as he drones about getting along while letting my gaze sweep across the classroom.

Everyone seems to be listening to him intently and when he's done, they clap their hands again which feels like a weird thing to do.

The first row girl claps on this round, with her one hand against her other wrist that ends in a bandaged stump.

It makes me feel a little bad.

Image: We're going to be doing some group work today, so that'll give you a chance to talk with everyone. Is that okay with you?

Image: Yeah, it's fine with me.

Image: That's good, you can work with Hakamichi. She is the class respresentative.

Image: She can explain anything you might want to know. And who else would be able to do that better, right?

Image: (mumble)How could I know?

The teacher passes out the day's assignments and announces that we will be working in groups of three.

It hits me that I've been angsting over my own thoughts to the point I must've skipped any introduction to the class in person. I don't know who Hakamichi is. Slow. The teacher seems to catch my helpless expression.

Image: Oh, right. Hakamichi is right there, Shizune Hakamichi.

As he calls out her name, the cute, bubbly looking girl with bright pink hair and gold eyes waves her hand at me. I take a seat next to her, by the window.

Image: Hey, I guess you're Hakamichi, right? It's nice to meet you.

Image: Hahaha~!

What? I'm caught off guard by her laughter.

Image: It's nice to meet you, too! But~! I'm not Hakamichi, I'm Misha! This is Hakamichi. Shicchan~!

Image: So, you're Misha, right? Don't take me for a ride without telling me beforehand.

Image: Huh?

Image:
Link

Image: Huh?!

Image: ... never mind...

BGM - The Student Council

Giggling, Misha points to the girl next to her, the one I saw using sign language before. It looks like she has been staring at me this whole time. She nods once nonchalantly to show that she acknowledges my presence... but only barely.

She has short, yet carefully, neatly brushed hair, a pair of oval-shaped glasses balanced on the tip of a dainty nose, and dark blue eyes that seem to alternate every few seconds between analytical and slightly bored.

Image: It's nice to meet you.

Image: ... (JJLEHTO LIVES!)

She immediately looks at Misha, who smiles and makes a few quick gestures with her hands.

Hakamichi nods and makes a few gestures of her own.

I start to wonder if the teacher was messing with me, saying things like "you'll be able to talk to people" and "who better to explain things to you."

Image: I can see you're a little confused, right?, right? But, I understand why you would think I was Shicchan!

Image: Shicchan is deaf, so I'm the person who translates things back and forth for her.

Image: I'm like an interpreter~! She says it's nice to meet you, too!

Image: ...

Image: You're the new student, aren't you? Well, Shicchan, of course he is! If he wasn't, he would have been standing up there for no reason, right? Right~!

Image: He seems like a very interesting person, doesn't he~!

Image: We knew there was going to be a new student, but we didn't know you would be here today. So soon! Hicchan, right?

Hicchan...?

Image: Yup~! It fits, doesn't it?

Did I say it out loud? It's just a surprise. I've never liked that nickname.

Image: I don't really see how.

Image: It fits~! You look just like I imagined!

Image: "..."

Image: Hahahaha~! Yeah, you look just like a Hicchan!

What the fuck is A Hicchan...

Image: I wonder why everyone seems to think so...

Hakamichi taps her fingers on the desk to get Misha's attention. They gesture back and forth to each other excitedly, their hands a blur.

Misha seems a little overwhelmed.

Image: Ahaha~! Er, sorry about that!

Image: Shicchan wants you to know that she's the class rep, so if there is anything you need to know, you can feel free to ask her.

Image: Do you like the school so far? We can show you around a little if you haven't had the time to walk around and... familiarize? yourself with it!

Misha stumbles with the hard word a bit, making it stick out in her otherwise fluid translation.

Image: Thanks, that would be pretty helpful. Yeah, I just kind of came straight to class today.

Image: Hahaha~!

Image: That's no good! You should always try to learn as much as you can about where you're going before you go there. Not just with school, either~!

Image: Always! Even if it's a trip to the convenience store! Really, Shicchan? Hahaha~!

Learn about where you're going? I guess I didn't bother to do that, or just didn't care enough to do so.

I didn't look forward to this, even if I committed myself to go along with it half-assedly, but anyway.

I don't say anything, and Shizune signs something that ends in a shrug. What was that? It seems like it was about me.

I feel like slumping over in my seat. Both of them are smiling, but that shrug hit me unexpectedly deeply.

Image: You look down, are you okay?

Image: Don't take it the wrong way, please~! I hate it when people are afraid to ask questions! That's how people learn things, by asking~!

Image: Asking for help is perfectly normal, as much as needing help! Stop looking like you just failed a test!

Image: Wahahaha~!

Image: All right. (okay, so I think I figured it out. If she says Wahahaha at the end, that means that's her talking, and not translating what Shizune said... I think.)

Image: Ah, and another thing, you don't have to call Shicchan something so formal like 'Hakamichi' or 'class rep' all the time! Just call her Shicchan~!

Image: Ahaha~! Okay, maybe that's too casual. Maybe 'Shizune' would be more appropriate?

Image: Yup, yup~! 'Shizune' is fine!

I am reminded of that well-meaning but clumsy bidoof that I met at Wigglytuff's guild. A long time ago.

Image: "Heh. Okay, that would be a lot easier for me."

I feel a lot more at ease. Both of them seem so friendly, so I feel like an idiot for being so apprehensive earlier. Especially about Shizune, who I assumed would be all business.

Well, she still seems like that. Just less so, I guess.

Image: Huh?

Image: Oh, right, we haven't even touched the assignment! We should start work now, or Shicchan will get mad.

Image: The assignment is also kind of long, so we should start now if we want to finish it before the end of class.

Image: Wahaha~! That too!

Shizune glares at the two of us impatiently. I don't need to know sign language to understand that.

Image: Okay, okay, I get the message.

Image: After class, we can take a walk around the grounds together. It's a nice day today! Okay~?

The assignment is actually very challenging to get through, combining aspects of being both difficult and unnecessarily long. Do I have to do this everyday?!

Still, we finish it a few minutes earlier than anyone else in the class, despite our late start.

Shizune and Misha are really capable.

They're quite different, though. Shizune is as calm and professional as she looks, while Misha is a lot more playful and girlish. Not to mention a little more easily distracted.

To be honest, the two of them did most of the work. I feel guilty about that.

The clock tower bells ring, signaling the end of the period. Time for lunch.

Without knowing what else to do, I follow Misha, who is beckoning me into the hallway and down the stairs.

We descend even below the lobby where I met Mutou, down to the bottom floor.

Just like everything in this school, the cafeteria seems too spacious and oddly modern in contrast to the classic exterior.

Its big windows open to the courtyard, towards the main gate.

BGM - Ease

Her enthusiastic statement of the obvious makes people around us stare, but Misha doesn't seem to care so we proceed to the line.

Image: (chuckles)Well, she's nuts.

4 pcs.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Heh, reference galore during this batch :D And adding character pics to the conversations are having a bigger impact this time around, most likely because its the "real" ones. I played every BGM along with reading, was like reading a modified version of the VN. :) Keep up the good work Yom! :3

1 pcs.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:25 am
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
*Hisses at Yom*

neeeeeeext....... BAAAAAAAAAAATCH!

:rawr

1 pcs.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:07 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Did you vote for Manly Picnic? :errg

4 pcs.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:34 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
BZZZZT! WRONG! Don't fucking guess again, play the game so I can see the next batch :REESE

1 pcs.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Looking forward to the hanzo for president route

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!