Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Forkheads Cast! 
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post The Forkheads Cast!
Straight to the shit: I want character reference sheets for everyone. "I want something I can hand to any artist on Earth and have them draw the same, recognizable thing." Keep the secret of character design in mind: "The secret of designing cartoon characters—and I’m giving away this secret now to all of you out there—is: you make a character that you can tell who it is in silhouette." I have an idea that may prove useful. Stay tuned for more.

Tools that may help/hurt:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/xdanond ... er-maker-2 For inspiration, I like hitting random.
http://foervraengd.deviantart.com/art/U ... -220251993 Mostly helpful for making an adult male.
http://foervraengd.deviantart.com/art/P ... -244424893 For people that want to make anything other than an adult male.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:25 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: The Forkheads Cast!
fluffy wrote:
"I want something I can hand to any artist on Earth and have them draw the same, recognizable thing."

Can't be done. You might get somewhere with a certain group of artists, or ones from a certain region, but every on earth? No. That's not how art really works, nor how cultures work.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:24 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Brb drawing fluffy as a busty, superpowered girl with green hair.

4 pcs.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
there ya' go it's about as good as a character based on me could get without finding/paying someone to draw me and there's not many artists where i live (not good ones anyways around here people only like that "modern art" shit)

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:09 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
So what are we doing? I got confused, does fluffy want us to design a random character or an instantly artistically recognizable/reproducible anime copy of ourselves?

Also I have no paper or pencil or freeworld time, I am observed by shoulder watchers nigh every hour if not every minute, and have no hiding paces for the drawing, and I'd have to scan the work publicly.

tell me how I can proceed. Teh GIMP?

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:45 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
As we went over the other night, I have the following to present.
Spoiler: show

However, I thought I could do more. So I went ahead and caught up with my one guilty pleasure of a site to give some better ideas on colour. In terms of proportions I already did the modifications to the body in the above to make myself slightly emaciated (as I am in real life), but feel free to mess around with the height as you see fit. That said, I'm not super picky. If some of the minor details are missing, I probably won't care. However, consider the below images as extra notes for creating my character.

The clothing depicted is the following.
FH Trucker Hat
New Albert Johnson Jacket
Var sex= true; T-Shirt
As for the pants and shoes, just keep the pants as either dark grey or black slacks and the shoes as brown w/black. Although I figure such will rarely be seen, it would be nice to have such info.

So one thing to keep in mind is that I always like to have my hair brushed/combed nicely. I'd stay more true to the hair portrayed in the first image, but this one was just used due to a lack of actual parts that I wanted. Also, the jacket should fit down to my wrists. One thing to note that I like about the simulator is that my character should have "sharp" eyes to a degree, but not so sharp that it's a squint. These eyes are pretty accurate in depicting what I mean.

This is the same image as the second but with the hat. Since it's the FH Trucker Hat, you'd want a mesh instead for the back... And for it to be an actual trucker hat. Again, it's for the sake of showing colour scheme.

This is another one with hair a tad too long to match my own. However, again, mainly consider the very first image. The main thing I wanted to point out in this one is the eyes. If anyone knows me, they'll know that I have bags/dark circles under my eyes. I think this one does a good job in creating such. Consider incorporating it.

If I get free time I'll continue to redevelop my skill and hopefully get some actual stuff out.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:41 am
Profile WWW
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
SomebodyElse wrote:

However, I thought I could do more. So I went ahead and caught up with my one guilty pleasure of a site to give some better ideas on colour. In terms of proportions I already did the modifications to the body in the above to make myself slightly emaciated (as I am in real life), but feel free to mess around with the height as you see fit. That said, I'm not super picky. If some of the minor details are missing, I probably won't care. However, consider the below images as extra notes for creating my character.

FH Trucker Hat
Var sex= true; T-Shirt
As for the pants and shoes, just keep the pants as either dark grey or black slacks and the shoes as brown w/black. Although I figure such will rarely be seen, it would be nice to have such info.

So one thing to keep in mind is that I always like to have my hair brushed/combed nicely. I'd stay more true to the hair portrayed in the first image, but this one was just used due to a lack of actual parts that I wanted. Also, the jacket should fit down to my wrists. One thing to note that I like about the simulator is that my character should have "sharp" eyes to a degree, but not so sharp that it's a squint. These eyes are pretty accurate in depicting what I mean.

This is the same image as the second but with the hat. Since it's the FH Trucker Hat, you'd want a mesh instead for the back... And for it to be an actual trucker hat. Again, it's for the sake of showing colour scheme.

This is another one with hair a tad too long to match my own. However, again, mainly consider the very first image. The main thing I wanted to point out in this one is the eyes. If anyone knows me, they'll know that I have bags/dark circles under my eyes. I think this one does a good job in creating such. Consider incorporating it.

If I get free time I'll continue to redevelop my skill and hopefully get some actual stuff out.

fixed

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:56 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
n0th1n wrote:
fluffy wrote:
"I want something I can hand to any artist on Earth and have them draw the same, recognizable thing."

Can't be done. You might get somewhere with a certain group of artists, or ones from a certain region, but every on earth? No. That's not how art really works, nor how cultures work.

Ok, got it. You're a massive faggot and I'll depict you as such. (Your primary trope will also be "comically missing the point.")

YomToxic wrote:
Brb drawing fluffy as a busty, superpowered girl with green hair.
cooki:

Æ has the right idea. I'll make do with that.

joshex wrote:
fluffy want us to design […] an instantly artistically recognizable/reproducible anime copy of ourselves?

I don't care if you smear your own feces on the side of a building and take a picture, as long as it's how you want to be depicted in upcoming shit I do. (What I did there.)

SomebodyElse wrote:

FH Trucker Hat
Var sex= true; T-Shirt

Now this mother fucker right here knows what's up. Yes. You shall get the velvet rope treatment and I don't mean I'm going to strangle you with it.

Parpol wrote:
fixed

Is that you, Super Parp?

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:06 am
Profile E-mail
Level 38
Level 38

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Dev Team
fluffy wrote:
Is that you, Super Parp?

I just worked beyond the limitations of the character creator to make the character look more like Else-chan :heh

OLD VERSION, BITCHES!

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:02 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
To fluffy.

I honestly haven't figured that out for myself yet.

Quote:
I don't care if you smear your own feces on the side of a building and take a picture, as long as it's how you want to be depicted in upcoming shit I do. (What I did there.)

not sure how I want the avatar of me to be represented. I've got multiple characters based around me that I have never drawn out. this is a huge question of me.

I'll figure out something though. I'll use what you supplied as the goal and draw a basis in teh Gimp, or amybe I'll just make a 8-bit or 16-bit sprite like in teh good old days. yeah, that's much more agreeable and easier.

Can it be animated?

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 am
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
joshex wrote:
To fluffy.

I honestly haven't figured that out for myself yet.

Quote:

not sure how I want the avatar of me to be represented. I've got multiple characters based around me that I have never drawn out. this is a huge question of me.

I'll figure out something though. I'll use what you supplied as the goal and draw a basis in teh Gimp, or amybe I'll just make a 8-bit or 16-bit sprite like in teh good old days. yeah, that's much more agreeable and easier.

Can it be animated?

I'm glad to see serious effort coming from so many Forkheads. Animate away, use Steam/Hammer/Blender/Maya/3DS Max, whatever you have available to you. I intend to mangle it, anyway. The basics you should focus on are things like recognizable aspects similar to if you would make a gijinka of yourself, what would it be? For example, mine would need wild blue spiky hair and my signature eyebrow.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Parpol wrote:
fixed

This wins the win of wins while winning. I literally began to applaud irl. ::D

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I like how your mouth goes up into your eye. Real eldritch shit right there.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
It was mainly thanks to Yom Magic. :dement :dement :dement :dement

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Tom killed FH. Just ask Billy. That is all.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next