Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 I need serious advice here. 
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: I need serious advice here.
I don't want yall's respect. That's the thing, if I wanted your respect or your friendship, I wouldn't be an asshole to you. I don't, so I am. I'm also curious when FH became a place of friendship, and not assholery. That is saddening, really. Like, the heart is dead yet the body shambles on.

If you pay the bills and maintain a site, it's yours. It can be a community, but it's yours. Especially if you removed all others in powers who could dispute you. And yes, one mod who did lead FH to disaster. I never disagreed with that fact. I only ever disagreed with your assertion that I had anything to do with it, as that was where your logic failed you spectacularly.

I have yet to lie. However, your assertion that I did lie, is in itself, a lie.

I will admit to being misinformed, and if you wish to go that path, that is a legitimate path. Lying about me though, for shame.

As for USI and n0th1n, which is a acronym you use instead of an actual argument(all too often, vary up) by the by(evidenced by it's usage instead of a proper rebuttal in pretty much all the cases here), in this case I have evidence. Most times I am summoned back, we have a response up to 5 times a day in spam. With n0th1ng and I here, that is up dramatically. N0th1n provides a host of new topics, and I respond quickly, much more so than when either of us is not here.

Is your case study in how to make yom look like an asshat who can barely work the english language? Cause that's fair study to write about.

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
psychokittyboy wrote:
I don't want yall's respect.

Good, then don't whine about it.

psychokittyboy wrote:
I'm also curious when FH became a place of friendship, and not assholery. That is saddening, really. Like, the heart is dead yet the body shambles on.

Consider it a return to the roots - a place freed from USI-addled forum mods, no more arrogant tinpot e-dictators with insecurity issues that need to harass others to feel better about their sad little lives and get through the day. I figure its not really friendship; more like the land of the brave and the home of the free.

psychokittyboy wrote:
If you pay the bills and maintain a site, it's yours. It can be a community, but it's yours. Especially if you removed all others in powers who could dispute you. And yes, one mod who did lead FH to disaster. I never disagreed with that fact. I only ever disagreed with your assertion that I had anything to do with it, as that was where your logic failed you spectacularly.

I don't consider this place, or the community to be mine. See, even if I manage this place; I don't own the people that make the community. Secondly, I didn't remove anyone from power. They left of their own free will, since this place was dead to them. Hammm called it a consolidation of power. But you see, without the ever-raging mod wars, we can now move on to making new content without having to worry about the world blowing up again. Lastly, you're confused.

I did say you all. Ergo, the 'complete administrative' - that does include Hanzo.

psychokittyboy wrote:
I have yet to lie. However, your assertion that I did lie, is in itself, a lie.

I will admit to being misinformed, and if you wish to go that path, that is a legitimate path. Lying about me though, for shame.

Good. But even if you deny it, you've basically claimed that we haven't finished any project... despite the fact that several projects have been completed without your knowledge. That's a lie. Or maybe that bit about you claiming that the entire mod/admin team was in on the plan to destroy FH. That was a lie too. But how will I know?

psychokittyboy wrote:
As for USI and n0th1n

Yes, USI. And that means Unwarranted Self Importance. See, even if you refuse to accept it, you are not the only one posting here. There's things happening here, there and other places, even outside of FH - but still within the realm of the community. Sure, n0th1n's contributing every now and then too - sometimes there's talk of the Guardians making a return. He doesn't brag about it.

No, the case study is about how life in a once-thriving community became so intolerable under the rule of some self-entitled mods who liked to be asshats and shit on people for their own amusement, that war broke out after a series of disastrous management decisions and the community was finally broken apart, bit by bit... then nuked.

4 pcs.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Can you pinpoint where I asked for your respect? I fear you think me calling you out on bitching about oldies is that, when that was clearly about your hypocrisy.

FH was never, ever, a place about friendship(in traditional sense). Even when I joined, it was about dickitry and trolling. There is a reason Klacid called us /b/tards, we behaved like that.
You're returning to something that was never there. Try to keep your history straight, or change the name.

Also, again, over use of USI. Shake it up man, you must have other phrases in your repertoire!

Not confused. You included CBP, Allor, Myself, the others who escape me at the moment. We had nothing to do with it. If you wish to pinpoint the destruction, you have to singularly point to the person who did it. That would be PP. You can, however, add Hanzo as it was through him PP got power. The rest of us were in no way involved, or even knew PP had been modded before it hit the fan. Again, it is you who are confused. You give too much importance to myself and my contribution to that event.

Again, I was misinformed about the project. That is me being confused/ill informed. Not lying. Google lie, I would of had to of known the project was done, and denied that fact with full knowledge, for it to have been a lie.
However, you called me a liar, when I never lied and you had full facts. That is a lie, and slander.

Finally, that is precious! You think we did it! Do you wish to know how we lost our members, for real?

We couldn't contact them, to tell them FH was back. The vast majority of our members disappeared because not a single one of us had them on MSN/Facebook/AOL/etc to tell them the new page. That's how we lost several huge regulars who posted quality stuff. That includes that black guy I didn't get along with, but posted so much stuff that helped us thrive.

As for, "War broke out". That's a bit melodramatic, don't you think? Especially after we have described already break away sites long before Klacid left, before us Global Mods became in charge.

In fact, the two major break away sites, after our second incarnation failed do to lack of funding (further lost members over that, fyi), were only started in a rush to get the site back up quickly, and people just stayed in the one they found first.

There was no epic war, unless you're talking about Mod Wars. In which Mods fucked with other Mods over disagreements(around late 2006), and fans of those mods argued for them. If that is the case, ask shock. He remembers that with fondness, apparently.

Etc, etc. You still think we did it, and that's cute. I can easily talk to our regulars of the time, and see that is not the case. Hell, n0th1n is right over there. Purple is here. Two none mods. Ask them, why don't you?

Bubba wrote:

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
psychokittyboy wrote:
bitching

Bitch and whine away, buddy. It was you (and if what you say is true, the other oldies on the failbook page) that declared "FH to be mostly dead to us" and leave.

psychokittyboy wrote:
FH was never, ever, a place about friendship(in traditional sense).

And there you go, taking the nostalgia glasses and the general atmosphere too hard. FH was a pretty fun place. Then the mod wars spilled out everywhere after a series of bad managerial decisions and your addiction to 'drama' didn't help. This place isn't a continuous war zone anymore. You construe that as a land of rainbows 'n shit.

psychokittyboy wrote:
Also, again, over use of USI. Shake it up man, you must have other phrases in your repertoire!

It's called calling a spade a spade.

psychokittyboy wrote:
You give too much importance to myself and my contribution to that event.

Good that you admit that you had some part of wrecking everything. Even if it was a small part, just one little domino.

psychokittyboy wrote:
Again, I was misinformed about the project. That is me being confused/ill informed. Not lying. Google lie, I would of had to of known the project was done, and denied that fact with full knowledge, for it to have been a lie.
However, you called me a liar, when I never lied and you had full facts. That is a lie, and slander.

Cry me a river, PKB. Cry me a river.

psychokittyboy wrote:
"War broke out"

You have the US government repeal the second amendment, war is going to break out. Its sad, its melodramatic and yes, it was part of the 'domino effect' that ultimately led to FH's downfall.

psychokittyboy wrote:
In fact, the two major break away sites, after our second incarnation failed do to lack of funding (further lost members over that, fyi), were only started in a rush to get the site back up quickly, and people just stayed in the one they found first.

psychokittyboy wrote:
There was no epic war, unless you're talking about Mod Wars. In which Mods fucked with other Mods over disagreements(around late 2006), and fans of those mods argued for them. If that is the case, ask shock. He remembers that with fondness, apparently.

And the disastrous decisions, one by one, finally led to.... danananaa~ KABOOM! Get where I'm going at?

psychokittyboy wrote:
Etc, etc. You still think we did it, and that's cute. I can easily talk to our regulars of the time, and see that is not the case. Hell, n0th1n is right over there. Purple is here. Two none mods. Ask them, why don't you?

The case study? No no no. That's got nothing to do with FH. Relax, sucka.

4 pcs.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
What are you on about. That is not a rebutle to what we were talking about, it was nonsense. As I said, never bitched nor whined, yet you continue to imply I did. That sir, is failing to properly debate. Give evidence where I whined, and then you have legs to stand on.

FH was fun, it wasn't nice. It was never nice. Again, there is a reason we were called /b/tards, and it isn't because we frequented 4chan. Seems you're the one with a foggy view of the past. Hell, I still have pages of screen shots from those days.

You're the one who attributes important actions to me. You give me importance, in you're view. More so than even I do for myself. You imply I was powerful, and controlled FH's destiny. I never attributed that to myself. However, I appreciate the view.

Skipping all the rest, and getting back to the ridiculous key argument you keep getting at.

Again, you're being extremely melodramatic. It's amusing, and sad. You are an adult, yes? You can put things in context of importance? A nation does not compare to a website, nor does... gun law and loli(mod wars?) compare.

Now, you have put forth a theory. I need you to back it up, otherwise, it is bullshit. Show me, how these decisions led to one singular, unrelated action?
This is where, this entire debate, you have failed. You repeat your theory, but never back it up. Give me a timeline, with evidence, that the actions of all the mods, myself included, led to Hanzo's/PP's actions. Otherwise, again, you make a fool of yourself, and amuse me further.

YomToxic wrote:
No, the case study is about how life in a once-thriving community became so intolerable under the rule of some self-entitled mods who liked to be asshats and shit on people for their own amusement, that war broke out after a series of disastrous management decisions and the community was finally broken apart, bit by bit... then nuked.

Yeah, you totally aren't talking about FH, what with using the same wording you have this entire debate about myself and others. Nice try, but you again fail.

Bubba wrote:

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
The key argument is that your "rule" (or sad excuse of it) was not benevolent, and a series of bad managerial decisions by key moderators and admins, one after another was the cause of the downfall of FH over the scale of the two years.

4 pcs.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Again, I jokingly claimed to be benevolent, which if you understood sarcasm you would of got.

Secondly, give me the evidence for your theory. You have yet to do so, and without it, lack any real claim.

Bubba wrote:

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:42 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
I've been reading this backwards, which is actually somewhat more interesting than the episode of Seinfeld that played backwards.

I was thinking "man, PKB must be having fun with this" and then I found where he said it was amusing him, which makes the planned post of "PKB, you must be having fun here" useless. Ah well.

Yom, let's put it this way, putting aside your argument for how FH deteriorated for a moment, I believe there are many instances here where you are misinterpreting both what PKB is saying, and the object of what he is saying. Both are related problems, but some distinctions here, but both lead to greater oddities in this conversation.

If it makes you feel better, yes, I am aware of several other projects that have shown up (I recall the animation about No Pants Thursday from a few years ago, and have seen that some other things have been worked on). Though, I don't think there's disagreement that they have not been as successful as the Klacid and Tent games of old, at least not yet. Either way, it's not the job of the audience of the old crowd to know about it, it's the job of the creator, or the creator's community, or the creator's marketer, to make it so people know about it.

And, in my mind, that's probably the real root of deterioration: Klacid left (and his projects ceased mostly). I only came at the very, very end of the time Klacid was involved, and it thrived for a while for various reasons, but it was clearly beginning to decline from that point. I'm somewhat impressed you guys have managed to hang on this long, and part of that is the passion and effort from people like you, Yom, who are interested in keeping things going. That's all well and fine, but it doesn't change what has really caused decline. Though, to an extent, I always felt the goal of a stable site was also a problem. The prime FH I knew kept being killed and reborn every few months or every year at most, and in some ways that was exciting, even if usually a bad sign. It was an interesting vibe for the place, at least to me. But, I'm not going to blame stability for decline necessarily either.

Something something... do you know what "benevolent" means? It doesn't mean beneficial, or helpful, or even good really, it means having Intentions of good for others. You can have a benevolent ruler who does a terrible job, for instance, and drives his country to ruin. You can also have a malevolent ruler who drives his country to some sort of success overall.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
n0th1n wrote:
I don't think there's disagreement that they have not been as successful as the Klacid and Tent games of old

i would agree with you on that though it's not a matter of quality content in the games/animations. it's newgrounds and flash in general as a platform... they are dying and with that matter there's 2 options. #1 is somehow revive flash as a valid platform (which is unlikely due to adobe's money grubbing fucktardary) & #2 move to a currently rising platform in online games (Unity Engine maybe?)

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
I don't think Flash is dying do to Adobe. It's dying because its obsolete.

Not saying it's bad, per se, just obsolete. We have new and better methods of creation.

Bubba wrote:

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Adobe isn't helping it, but that's largely because they gave up the fight for it too. It's old tech, for more than just creation, and there are now easier, streamlined and built in ways to do a lot of the features it was designed to fill in for (well, easier in SOME senses). It was essentially a good workaround for getting out of the web things that the web and web browsers were not originally designed to do. Eventually, browsers, web standards, etc caught up for many of those features.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
psychokittyboy wrote:
I don't think Flash is dying do to Adobe. It's dying because its obsolete.

Not saying it's bad, per se, just obsolete. We have new and better methods of creation.

while I agree adobe is being shitheads, and that there are other methods now. Show me another 2D line scaling graphics , animation and gaming program with a bigger fan base?

most vector graphics programs don't scale the smoothness of the curves with zoom. makignt hem no better than say any pixel based graphics such as stuff I make in TEH GIMP.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:41 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
psychokittyboy wrote:
Again, I jokingly claimed to be benevolent, which if you understood sarcasm you would of got.

Secondly, give me the evidence for your theory. You have yet to do so, and without it, lack any real claim.

Hide behind the 'itz a joke' excuse if you want, but thats either you being a liar or a poor debater. Your pick. Secondly, I don't need to prove my theory because you admitted to harassing other users because their existence annoyed you for some reason. Be honest - if this was the 2007 era FH with you lot in power, I'm sure I must've earned a ban or repeat post-editing for my trouble. Isn't that right?

And you know what that does? It kills the userbase.

-

But hey, since you're going with the 'itz a joke' defense, I'll let you stick to that.

4 pcs.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:55 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
n0th1n wrote:
Though, I don't think there's disagreement that they have not been as successful as the Klacid and Tent games of old, at least not yet.

This.

n0th1n wrote:
Either way, it's not the job of the audience of the old crowd to know about it, it's the job of the creator, or the creator's community, or the creator's marketer, to make it so people know about it.

And do you know how it was done? When a project was finished, it was posted in a place where everyone would see it. It was considered a civic duty of sorts to go and vote5 and leave reviews. Between the large number of people in NG and the people voting5 on it, Klacid and TENT achieved a great success.

Nowadays, with NG not so much of a distribution force as it was before, I've sought out other distribution points and such. Recently, there's even talk of moving on to more open platforms such as htm5 and such. I used to have a small marketing crew, but IRL ate them. I'm still looking for people to help distribute the product. I'm still surprised at the relative distribution punch we still have, even with all these odds stacked against us.

n0th1n wrote:
Something something... do you know what "benevolent" means? It doesn't mean beneficial, or helpful, or even good really, it means having Intentions of good for others. You can have a benevolent ruler who does a terrible job, for instance, and drives his country to ruin. You can also have a malevolent ruler who drives his country to some sort of success overall.

I figure we must have different dictionaries. Here's what mine says.

"Benevolent"
adjective
1. characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings:
ex: a benevolent attitude.

2. desiring to help others; charitable:
ex: gifts from several benevolent alumni.

3. intended for benefits rather than profit:
ex: a benevolent institution.

Anyway, the past's the past. If I'm doing something wrong, you should tell me. Who knows, maybe we can actually build this FH to last.

4 pcs.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:17 am
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
psychokittyboy wrote:

Hide behind the 'itz a joke' excuse if you want, but thats either you being a liar or a poor debater. Your pick. Secondly, I don't need to prove my theory because you admitted to harassing other users because their existence annoyed you for some reason. Be honest - if this was the 2007 era FH with you lot in power, I'm sure I must've earned a ban or repeat post-editing for my trouble. Isn't that right?

And you know what that does? It kills the userbase.

-

But hey, since you're going with the 'itz a joke' defense, I'll let you stick to that.

I never edited someone's posts in a debate, or banned them for that either. As Hanzo said, I enforced rules. Again, if that was the case, caristo would of been banned/edited. I found legal ways to annoy them, like tricking him into showing his report card.

Also, as I said, I'm not mad at you. You are entertaining me, and doing quite the job of making an ass of yourself without my help.

You've still failed to make the connection. You attempt to change subject, and fail. You have no evidence I helped kill FH, and thus go onto killing userbase. Thank you sir, for admitting you have nothing. :P

Edit:
I edited a couple of profiles, if that is what you mean. However, it was never someone I was mad at or whatever. Generally, it was when another member asked me to.
As in when I edited yellowrock's signature, that was at DarkJester's request. I admit however, I found it hilarious. That said, never chased any of those people off.

Bubba wrote:

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:28 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next