Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 I need serious advice here. 
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: I need serious advice here.
You're the one that admitted to it, then quickly backpedaled and brushed it off as 'sarcasm', a 'joke' and 'humor'. You're the one trying to avoid the repercussions of your group's reckless actions by painting them as a joke.

You're almost a decade older and those disastrous management decisions you and your mod buddies took will seem almost unreal by now.

So justify your shortcomings whatever you want.

I'm just saying that all of you had the opportunity to turn things around after Klacid "left". You could have. But you didn't. Instead you wanted the quick rush of "drama" and then ... what? You basically vanished.

You keep to your joke, I'll keep to mine.

4 pcs.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:37 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
I admitted to fucking with people. Yes. Editing posts in a debate, no, never did. Never admitted to it. Show me where I said that. I never backpedaled either, you're free to show me where too. If it is the benevolent thing again, well, myself and n0th1n have gone over that. If it is still over your head, that's on you, not me.

My group didn't do anything. A person in the group did, not the group as a whole. You still have not shown evidence that we all led to the "nuking". I have asked you to, I have given you the chance to prove that we did, yet you fail to.

You just say we did it, as if that is proof. It sadly, is not. You have no evidence to back up your claim, and thus you fail. You can't even make a decent time line of events that would make sense on Ancient Aliens.

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Why should I? You claimed that you were all part of it. Burden of proof comes to you now. Since you brush it off as 'humor' or 'sarcasm'... why bother? I've made my point.

4 pcs.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
I never claimed I was a part of the end. That was solely you who made the claim that I "nuked the site", thus burden is actually on you to make the connection. Excellent attempt to put it on me, but you fail :)

Again, you haven't made a point. That's the problem, you bounce from one accusation to the next(from banning loli ruining the site, to me being a dick doing it, to me baning loli led to Hanzo Modding PP?). While it's amusing to me to watch you flail around, it does not help your argument(which at this point is what exactly? I think that I did bad things).

Bubba wrote:

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
And do you know how it was done? When a project was finished, it was posted in a place where everyone would see it. It was considered a civic duty of sorts to go and vote5 and leave reviews. Between the large number of people in NG and the people voting5 on it, Klacid and TENT achieved a great success.

Nowadays, with NG not so much of a distribution force as it was before, I've sought out other distribution points and such. Recently, there's even talk of moving on to more open platforms such as htm5 and such. I used to have a small marketing crew, but IRL ate them. I'm still looking for people to help distribute the product. I'm still surprised at the relative distribution punch we still have, even with all these odds stacked against us.

The fact that the same game (as in, marketing, exposure, general online gaming perception) has changed does not change who is responsible for the level of success or exposure. It may make it understandable that a lesser success was achieved due to conditions that make success harder to achieve, but those responsible remain responsible. In fact, it's their responsibility to adjust for a changing market, or deal with the outcome of not successfully shifting.

That you have tried to shift is admirable. That's it's tough is understandable. But, that changes nothing about the point at hand. Things are weaker because of less success in the areas that would promote a larger haul of attention and participation. Now, you can blame many factors for that. A restaurant owner can legitimately complain that his business has suffered because the town the restaurant is in has been stricken with terrible poverty, and thus there aren't enough people that can afford to eat at his restaurant any more. But, he can't really turn around and just blame the people. It was his job to make a business that met their needs, not their job to be in a position to make him successful.

YomToxic wrote:
n0th1n wrote:
Something something... do you know what "benevolent" means? It doesn't mean beneficial, or helpful, or even good really, it means having Intentions of good for others. You can have a benevolent ruler who does a terrible job, for instance, and drives his country to ruin. You can also have a malevolent ruler who drives his country to some sort of success overall.

I figure we must have different dictionaries. Here's what mine says.

"Benevolent"
adjective
1. characterized by or expressing goodwill or kindly feelings:
ex: a benevolent attitude.

2. desiring to help others; charitable:
ex: gifts from several benevolent alumni.

3. intended for benefits rather than profit:
ex: a benevolent institution.

You... you do realize your dictionary definition matches what I said, right? I wasn't trying to give you a word for word dictionary definition, but I appear to have gotten pretty close to even that. Either way, what I said was an explanation of that definition, with examples to help illustrate that definition. It's something those of us with English degrees like to do I guess. I thought it would be helpful.

yomtoxic wrote:
Anyway, the past's the past. If I'm doing something wrong, you should tell me. Who knows, maybe we can actually build this FH to last.

[/quote]

Well, sure, though you seem to be bringing up the past a lot and trying to lay it on PKB for some reason. I was just saying the history that leads to now, the series of causes and effects, has a different root than you are crediting. I'm not here necessarily telling you you are doing anything wrong or not, just stating how things are.
Or, if you refer to my bit about how things used to collapse a lot, again, I don't know if it's good or bad to have a stable site. I just personally found the cycles of destruction and renewal that we used to go through had a certain charm to them that was appealing and helped keep things interesting. That's at least a benefit, to me, to weight against any disadvantages. It seemed to be part of the personality of the place as well, and thus a change is, well, a change, and something to consider (even if it is eventually determined to be unrelated) when trying to determine why other matters have changed.

Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
rather than blame Yom, cause really I think he's been doing a great job running things!

we need to contemplate modern marketing models and see if they can in any way be adapted into FH games.

1: is the lock-off feature model; the game is all there, but the continue button at some point sends a message to our server asking for either "Login:Whatdo?" or "NoLogin:Whatdo?" and receives either instructions of how to proceed (Start Scene045, import graphics list[GraphicName, LocationToBePlaced], import buttons [ButtonName, Function AS], import Sound [SoundName, PlayWhen]) OR (Start Scene(FuckOffThisIsADemoYOUBitchWhoreTits)

2: is the crap tons of work model; No content is there except a loader script to load basic stuff that tells it how to make the login fields and how to communicate with the authentication system on our server, after which point it has code telling it what what buttons look like and do (they send messages to our server and wait for a reply to tell what the outcome was) and to request to load features such as images and sounds by sending [Graphics, IP, Username, GraphicName] and receiving [Graphics, GraphicName, [BinaryImageFile]] loading that Binary image file into virtual memory as a definition and then displaying it from memory as requested.

Also even vector graphics can be requested and received this way, the recieved message will contain [VectorGraphics, GraphicName, [[VectorMatrix], [RGBCOLOR]]]

the benefit of model 2 is that the player never actually gets the image downloaded unless they do a screenshot (which there are ways of disabling, such as setting [prt sc] to make the screen black out temporarily or display an anti screenshot message) and CANNOT rip any content from the flash later because it is NEVER saved to the file.

the downside is you need to do extensive server work.

these are the current methods that drum up fans that keep returning. because realistically they cannot get the content any other way than staying an active user/member.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:59 am
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
@Joshex

..... Then we have to ask ourselves, what sort of things using flash can keep members by a login feature? I know of things like adventure quest and the like..... But seriously. A login feature on a comedic hentai point and click game? And the whole lock off thing, isn't that for those websites making content at least once a month with a payplan? Sounds.... capitalism-sih.

...... I'm not sure that will GENERATE members. IF we are going to use such a feature we need to make something bigger, and with that we need a dedicated team. I mean, that's too much for one Yom with a little help from others to handle.

Also, again with the thing we talked about earlier. How popular do we want to get? We might actually need to get a separate site wich the games lead to, wich doesn't contain any of the other "things" if you know what I mean.

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:35 am
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
The illegal things that I banned?

Bubba wrote:

Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:53 am
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Did... I..... What the hell happened when I left? This is sooo not a gen spam topic anymore.

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:39 am
Profile E-mail
Lord Cumdrops
Lord Cumdrops

Cash on hand:
Group: Gurren Doujin Brigade
KingGMY wrote:
Did... I..... What the hell happened when I left? This is sooo not a gen spam topic anymore.

It's a little mix of new, old and in between. You can find a little bit of almost every FH as of yet. The people make the country, as they say. And we all bring a piece of our world with us. And just like finely programmed humans, we fear change and different ideology.

Welcome to virtual humanity!

:mrgreen :REESE :mrgreen

Spoiler: show

1 pcs.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:38 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
With the original topic at hand and the secondary topic it spawned which triggered the argument;

the solution here is to put a warning pop-up on threads in the Hentai section, and any threads starting with "NSFW"

this thread contains images or language or sudden loud noises/music or incriminating female japanese hentai voice acting that may contain graphic nudity and even possibly Loli and or other things which are definitely not safe for a work or public environment. Please check your IRL environment carefully before continuing!
"F-f get me out of here" = FH home page, "Pingas! Smooth trollin /b/rother" = continue viewing anyways.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:20 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Or, don't be stupid things like using FH from work, around children and the elderly, or really at all.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:39 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
He still hasn't responded. Figure he got vanned?

Bubba wrote:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:17 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
psychokittyboy wrote:
He still hasn't responded. Figure he got vanned?

he was last online 2 days ago, unless the feds got hold of his account and came here to see if there was anything to incriminate him, then I'd suggest no.

besides what he did is not a criminal offense, so it would have to be his boss, the chances of the IT team at his company loging in as him and visiting here to see what he was looking at is slim.

plus his address says korea, I bet he's just overworked.

worst case is he lost his job because the IT people found out snapped a picture and his boss was like "what is this?" and instead of trying to explain it he just blushed and had an instant 'reaction' down there.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:01 am
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Woah, things have gotten more serious here on all accounts.

I was never in this site for the Hentai and the other shit posted here and there. I merely liked posting random stuff in the General Spam section.

That said, browsing FH from work is not such a good idea. Might as well start browsing Encyclopedia dramatica for all the good it'll do ya.

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:38 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next