Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Aw.. shit. 
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Post Re: Aw.. shit.
Ye gods, that's actually really impressive.

4 pcs.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:11 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
YomToxic wrote:
Ye gods, that's actually really impressive.

heh thanks.

I need to get my butt working on it again. after the deadline I've been reluctant to touch it, deadlines kill my groove and make me want to avoid the stress.

but I do want to get it done, I think I know why the pick-up items wont work when clicked, from what I can tell when I do "addobject" to spawn them it's just spawning them graphically and logically, but the physics aren't spawning, no physics means no collision, no collision means mouse-over wont work lol, at least that's what I figure is happening.

the movement physics also need a rebuff, which is why I did the movement test file I talked about above. SK Remewed also needs it desperately (if you try to walk up a hill in remewed you are not going anywhere fast lol).

I did the hill test today and yesterday, it took a few minor changes in the physics but now the cube goes up the hill at any speed or angle, one consolation is that if traveling at the "Super Speed" setting I gave it (100 mph) when going over the hill it's more like in a racing game lol, basically you fly for a decent period.

I have theorized on the train ride today that it can be fixed by placing a non-collision object at the vertical edges of slopes and at the tops of hills set to Actor then set a sensor player object to look for the actor, and do a simple

"if collisionSlope.positive and not collisionGround.positive and mainplayerobject.get('SuperSpeed') == "TRUE" and mainplayerobject.get('Jump') == "FALSE" and mainplayerobject.get('Flight') == "FALSE":
motionCorrection = mainplayerobject.actuators['motionCorrection'].setMotion(0.0,0.0,-1.7)
mainplayerobject.activate('motionCorrection')"

lots to do.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:37 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I know that feel. Been neglecting NSD development too. Until the return of AFH really put me in the FRENZY!

4 pcs.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:29 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I edited the test file the past couple days and tried to fix the situation, I can stop the object from performing the jump over the top of the hill but then it's stuck not moving lol. I made a system that does it pretty close by adding down motion and forwards motion to counteract the problem and it's fairly close but not perfect.

this whole time I have Samus Aran using speed booster over bumpy ground in super metroid in mind. - no jumps there, unless intended such as at the end of a ramp

to have a character run up a bump across the top and down the otherside without it's feet leaving the ground, that is hard to do in game physics. I came up with several remedies, the first is just to keep playing with down motion and forward motion, the second is adding a domed cap to the hill and when the player touches it it falls, sorta like trying to jump from a platform the moment it falls (not happening lol)

I might need to think up more ideas cause the dome shit wont work in a multi-player situation.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:23 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
another option is to use IPOs for movement, I'll test that today along with the dome test.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
nope not gonna work, blender devs said what I want goes against physics, so they said I can write my own physics, but thats hard. have not tried the doe test but don;t have time.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
well thread title says it all. going back to china, which isn't bad persay, but will come with internet restrictions. I have teh new version of Tor though so it may work.

plus side is it looks like this trip will be more permanent so I wont be hanging on the ends of my nails trying to figure out when I can settle down for serious work time, and can get a job, because there are places looking for people but they want me to stay for at least one year.

the other option is to do crowd funding and start my own English school. not sure on that though.. i'd rather invent something, less hassle. but inventing something means I need tools and shit which I wont have in china. I mean simple tools and such are there but I need serious machines, like a mill and a lathe.

might not be permanent after all.. might have to go to the states to invent shit.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
I'll take good care of your account. :P

4 pcs.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
wtf? why was i.. ok so I started working on this again, mostly planing. I decided to try and design the tutorial area again, it's going to be more than just a tutorial area now.

The problem is I need at least one hill road and more than 1 train station (4) and I want to keep the map mostly symmetrical.

so I want to fit it all into a square region but my first few attempts tried to place the hill where the train is. I think that might be the error. but yeah. no lol.

I is confuzzled. :fireeye

Also I wrote out some stuff for the next Zone in the game, and wrote out some rough draft stuff for archetype inherent powers.

I'm trying to put in a lot of 'in-jokes' that a lot of people on the web will get.

anyways back to the layout of the current zone, it needs to have a center square with a statue of somebody (I could use some suggestions as to whom), and 4 train tracks, and 4 hills. the rest of the map will be flat and consist of a residential area, a warehouse district, and of course a central region with skyscrapers. and I want to fit a few parks in there in certain places. also need a hospital (for when j00 = ded), and some other stuffs like shops, police station, and a recreation center and some other stuff. sheesh the list is getting longer and longer of shit I gotta fit in thar.

I think the best thing to do would be to make the shite I need to put in first then decide on where to place it, but the problem is the basic placement of the hills and train stations....

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:21 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Ah, I now see why planning was so hard lol, I had the layout centered by the center of a block rather than centered on the roads in between blocks.

should be easier now.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:14 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
I figured out how to do a lot of stuff towards making an MMO. I was going to work on the costume designer of this bitch. and I may still do so. but this is no longer my main project.

Honestly it's a lot of work and planning making something as expansive as an MMO, I may make a more simple MMO in the mean time because I have a lot of groundwork done. or I may go for a much simpler game like finishing the 3D remake of SK. or I may do a console type game, those are way easier than MMOs.

fuck you no they aren't! you support that comment with proof!

console games or single player computer games typically require greater graphics capabilities, yeah thats true. but there is almost 0% user instancing necessary because only one or two actors can effect one target at a time, the others get blocked (and/or wait) or get sequenced (very rarely)

in an MMO everything needs user instancing and you can never instance for too many users. so the number of users you instance for needs to be dynamic. multiple actors need to be able to effect multiple targets at the same time as eachother, so for example damage etc needs to get lumped together by how much time it takes to cast an attack

I can do dynamic programming but don't like it, I like to have a controlled number of things to work with.

also in MMOs typically more text needs to be developed or content to some extent, because unlike most console games, MMOs constantly need new content because they make their money from smaller repeat business versus a large one time purchase.

so there you have it. I may work on this, but it is no longer priority 1.

Any suggestions for what I should work on will be greatly appreciated.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:54 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
PINGAS THE ADVENTURE.

4 pcs.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
PINGAS THE ADVENTURE.

heh, that could be fun, I have no clue what the content would be though, no doubt something robotnik...hey thats genius.

all those games, we played as sonic and crew fighting robotnik (mr pingas) and his robots. we could do the reverse of that play as Pingas head and make and reuse robot designs to conquer mobius.

too much character design... darn my laziness kicked in and reminded me that the grander the idea the more work it is.

I need something simple, SK is a simple game, it's the scenery that takes the time there (a lot less characters to make), gotta bend all the pictures into 3D geometry and fill-in parts of the image that were unseen in the image.

scenery would be less difficult if I make it myself, so games base on 2D titles (zelda, metroid, mario, castlvania) would be a go, but each has their own difficulty, whether its number of different enemies to make or complex scenery.

hmmm.

a 3D multiplayer battleship/radar mission has been something I want to do that would be relatively easy, just modeling ships and water and makeshift islands etc. wouldn't need much player instancing because each part of each target can only be hit by one attack at a time, and usually 1 attack destroys said part of the target. so it's a simple "if hit subtract damage from HP"

then there's Metroid. lots of work but I LOVE the gameplay haven't seen a good metroid game since yokoi died. haven't seen a good 3D metroid game EVAR.

then theres fire emblem, nevar seen a good 3D fire emblem, it went to the furfags, racial rights activists and horoscope believers who randomized the fuck out of it so it was no longer a strategy game but instead a luck game, plus they took 0 advantage of the 3D environment such as allowing flying units to fly higher to get out of range of archers and allowing units with mountain walk to climb up mountains to counter flying units.

but strategy games come with massive stat calculation systems.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:

I leave you with these wise words, spoken so plainly in the Sunset Era.

4 pcs.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:09 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:

I leave you with these wise words, spoken so plainly in the Sunset Era.

yeah, thats what I was going for till people pissed me off lol. the folks over at titan network wanted a superhero MMORPG, so I was gonna make the ultimate superhero MMO. but they disrespected me and my views of science so. and really as a game developer I kinda have urges to develop lots of different types of games. I had been putting those urges on the backburner to craft something worth something.

they decided to ban me so, it's like a huge monkey is off my back. now I can do whatever I want.

I mean yeah, I miss city of heroes too, so that has been a drive to do hard work, but I like all sorts of games... so. yeah.

as for Pingas the adventure, Sega/Nintendo/Sony someone will sue me. unless I try to publish through one of them, which.. wont be cool for a number of reasons. (I hear the pay is shit, and I hear they wont accept people like me to become licensed developers.)

Then again with Fuckdar Mission I really have absolutely no marketing ideas. like I know how to make the game and it'll be fun and shit, but I have no profit model. I mean I could do a 'buy ship upgrades' model but that reeks worse than dead fish beach of 'pay to win'.

I'm in the midst of a pro tip 0 session.

I suppose I could sell missions and maps. leaving free players unable to play those levels and having limited content. and I could sell ship decor and sailors. but I want to keep it low poly and low memory so sailors are a problem lol.

with missions and maps, I could make the free world maps skip like 10 levels here and there forcing people to grind or die if they want to play for free. but I don't like the idea of super-grinders.

meh, time to go to work. darn... just as I was about to figure out if I should switch projects.

I'll work on a self-contained chat system and chat server first I guess. then I'll decide on whether to continue the superhero game or do something else.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:09 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next