Group: Registered users
Post FH was offline for some time...
... a few days ago. Yomu, stop dun goofing up and pay your bills properly! :=P

Sun May 15, 2016 4:16 pm
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post Re: FH was offline for some time...
You don't pay much attention, obviously, or more aptly, obliviously. We're paid up for like what, a hundred years? If the web host company falls we get a payout that would let us buy a server and colocate it on some Gbe Internet 2 backbone for like a year.

If the server went down for any significant period of time one of the many hackwrenches would know about it long before they came across this thread. It is more likely that you, specifically you, had some specific problem accessing the site and are not providing any helpful troubleshooting data.

For the sake of example, "a few days ago" is an unhelpfully vague time frame to give. To report a problem in real time (for the next time this happens because let's be honest with ourselves about how likely internet storms are) please make use of (any of the many) Forkheads Skype groups, any of the backup forums, either of the secure chats, Steam (plenty of us on there) or even Tumblr, because hell we're fucking everywhere at this point. I mean even NewGrounds would be a fine way to contact somebody that could get the ball rolling.

I feel your plea brings up a valid point. We don't have any real emergency contact information page where all our secondary and tertiary et alia communication points are… this is half intentional as putting all that information in one place would present a fairly large security risk.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun May 15, 2016 4:59 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Alas, the risks of shared hosting. If the apartment building catches fire, everyone has to evac.

Don't worry. It happens rarely.

4 pcs.

Sun May 15, 2016 5:19 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
fluffy wrote:
You don't pay much attention, obviously, or more aptly, obliviously. We're paid up for like what, a hundred years? If the web host company falls we get a payout that would let us buy a server and colocate it on some Gbe Internet 2 backbone for like a year.

Wow, really? This is awesome. So... it wasn't bill trouble, right?

In that case, I apologize.

fluffy wrote:
If the server went down for any significant period of time one of the many hackwrenches would know about it long before they came across this thread. It is more likely that you, specifically you, had some specific problem accessing the site and are not providing any helpful troubleshooting data.

Oh, okay. It was a pretty vague error message - something about a database 2007 not being found and to contact an administrator if it happens. I should have taken a screenshot...

fluffy wrote:
For the sake of example, "a few days ago" is an unhelpfully vague time frame to give. To report a problem in real time (for the next time this happens because let's be honest with ourselves about how likely internet storms are) please make use of (any of the many) Forkheads Skype groups, any of the backup forums, either of the secure chats, Steam (plenty of us on there) or even Tumblr, because hell we're fucking everywhere at this point. I mean even NewGrounds would be a fine way to contact somebody that could get the ball rolling.

Noted, thanks! I will do that next time.

Also: Why so many 'the's?

Sun May 15, 2016 5:27 pm
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I the a lot.

My criticism was well met, you've earned my respect, newfag. I hereby grant you proper name and the dignity becoming a real person under the authority granted me by myself.

Let it be known that on this, the 136th day in the year of our lord 2016 I, fluffy, hereby grant the name is hereby 'Tsuki to this newfag.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun May 15, 2016 6:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
For a second there, I thought there was more downtime.

fluffy wrote:
the

Yyyeeeeah, that sure is a lot of thes. You should eject them into deep space to fuel the sun.

4 pcs.

Mon May 16, 2016 4:49 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
The interesting thing about the is that it's the most frequently used word the English language. Thanks to the way most compression works along with the way both PHPBB and SQL handle the database, "the […]" gets redacted to something like four characters. Even though it's over half a million characters the SQL stores it very efficiently. At least in my testing. Let me know if you have different results.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:28 am
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
200 trillion trillion dust bunnies will weight a lot. One post by itself is probably nothing. When there's many similar posts... there's a problem.

4 pcs.

Mon May 16, 2016 9:08 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
I will have to conduct further experiments on this matter. For now I have lifted the burden.

Mon May 16, 2016 9:14 am
Profile E-mail
Level 16
Level 16

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Congradulations 'tuski, you finally got fluffy to stop throwing stale bread at your face.

I'm back.... as a zombie lol

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon May 16, 2016 10:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
KingGMY wrote:
Congradulations 'tuski, you finally got fluffy to stop throwing stale bread at your face.

:l :l

Why... stale bread?

Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:43 pm
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
*shrugs* ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

BEATS THE FUCK OUT OF ME, YO.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]