Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 rai is home (for a minute) 
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: rai is home (for a minute)
fluffy wrote:
just to clarify the scope of the argument.

You mean that thing that was clarified on page 3 and 4? Marines are better than Army, that scope? You're right, that was hard to find. I haven't quoted it 3 times.

So, seriously, are you going to actually come up with a rebuttal? Because so far, you've failed. You still don't understand what I was saying about argumentation. Didn't say it wasn't a word. Said it was unnecessary usage.

Also, my logic is sound, as you have not been able to counter me. Show me how my thesis statement is anything but clear. You distract, like going after argumentation. Which is amusing, for as I said, you're missing the point I made.

Also, every other point you have tried to tell me I'm wrong about, has been right up there. :)

Show me where I'm wrong, and I'll admit it. So far, you have failed to do so. You see, while you tell me I have poor grammar and "argumentation" skills, you have yet to even begin to clarify how I am wrong on the very thing you said I was wrong about. Hell, you even quoted it.

Ooh, just noticed you said I didn't know what I was talking about when I said Army Basic/Boot is shorter than Marines. That's also a good time to tell me how I'm wrong.

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Sun May 22, 2016 5:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
goddammit take this shit to a dedicated thread instead of altering the point of this one! it's getting annoying

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun May 22, 2016 6:40 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
arch_enemy wrote:
goddammit take this shit to a dedicated thread instead of altering the point of this one! it's getting annoying

Shh, no one cares. This is spam, dumb fuck.

Bubba wrote:

Sun May 22, 2016 6:47 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
I really have to spell everything out for you. Ok, here goes. You arbitrarily limited the argument of the comparison between the marines and the army to only infantry; you did so first on page ten, post 144 of this thread. That is clear and there is no denying it. You changed your argument after a contradicting rebuttal; such a change attempts to make the new rebuttal invalid by changing the meaning of your previous posts; this is the shifting sands logical fallacy, related to the equivocation and moving goalposts fallacies.

I would like to point this little exchange out since you might not remember it well.

YomToxic wrote:
Well, it looks like the Army got its act together, since then.

punk bitch wrote:
Probably not. Their basic is still significantly shorter. They're not all rifleman, etc, etc.

fluffy wrote:
You sure don't know what you're talking about. That's cool, though. Please, do go on.

punk bitch wrote:
Enlighten me. Where am I wrong?

fluffy wrote:
No, because something I've learned is that deep down everyone sucks. Not just you or the Marines, but even I suck on some infinitesimal level. If I reach down into my well of awesome and really dig deep I can find the suck. When I do that I feel as though I can understand what it's like to be you. I mean, you must suck like 28 hours a day or something, but the almost negligible suck I have reminds me that we're both kind of human. I mean, you're like 98% suck-monster and I'm about a hundred generations less genetically regressed than you, but there is human DNA that ties us.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not better than you, you're just worse than me.

“What I'm trying to say is that I'm not better than you, you're just worse than me.”

“Also, your assertion is so poorly defined that any attempt to "prove you wrong"—because you think that means anything—would be a waste of my time.”

punk bitch wrote:
Historically, The Army gets Marines killed. In no way poorly defined, especially when your argument is I didn't know what I'm talking about. If I am wrong, prove it so.
That was from page four. This is around the time I stopped reading your posts since it had become obvious you were trolling. I already made the assertions that this would be a waste of my time, that you're worse than me (although you might be able respond that this was a generalization and ask me to state in which specific ways are you worse), and that your assertion is poorly defined (proven by your continuing clarification and modification of the original set of statements).

punk bitch wrote:
I didn't "quote", I said thesis statement. I can see some confusion there, however, I'd say it was:
Quote:
Historically, Marines left the army in the dust when they fought side by side.

Damn Army got a lot of Marines killed in the Pacific campaign.
Edit:
To further clarify, I believe that's when you first told me I was wrong. Thus, the beginning of debate. I see here I did not say infantry, touche`. However, what else do they have in common? Is it guarding ships? I don't think so.

Edit 2:
Quote:
I never said it was. I said rai is a pussy for breaking 3 bones, and you chose the shitty infantry.
Okay, here we have the infantry statement. It was just less cohesive. However, was part of the same conversation.
(Just so you know, I'm not responding to this, I'm just quoting it to use it as an example.)

This demonstrates that your statements were too confusing even for you to follow. “Less cohesive” is one hell of an understatement. My rebuttals are all complete within their posts. Every time I ask you to clarify you instead respond vaguely and incorrect. You continue to change your argument in some way; the premise, the scope, the assertion… there's too little consistency here for anything you say to be taken with credence. Your sad attempts to not be wrong will never stop. You are the most pathetic form of troll which doesn't know when to quit.

I offer you one final chance. If you form your argument, correctly and completely, I will give your argument the consideration it deserves and even give credit to you for being right. I will use my words to end this congenially and without rebuttal. Take your time. Read this thread. Make citations if you need. Here's a brief recap for you:

I told you that “You sure don't know what you're talking about” when you responded that the army probably had not “got its act together” since “WWI, up to at least Vietnam” and you offered as basis for this that “Their basic is still significantly shorter, They're not all rifleman” and from there I challenged the basis you offered for your assertion and so challenged your assertion. When you asked for me to clarify I refused, saying “your assertion is so poorly defined that any attempt to "prove you wrong"—because you think that means anything—would be a waste of my time. You want me to shove your nose in it? Maybe don't be such a tardlette and form a valid argument.” I then acquiesced to your request; “So what of your claims would you like me to prove wrong?” which was a continuance of my earlier statement “You sure don't know what you're talking about.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun May 22, 2016 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Yeah, you've still actually failed to make a rebuttal, when you claimed that's what you were going to do. I don't need chances.

Also, I didn't really need to argue "I'm better than you". Thats a.) an Opinion and b.) False. I don't work at Subway. Pardon me, I'm not a sandwich artist/Child diddler.

Finally, you can't claim "Oh I ignored you, thus it is invalid". That's not how it works. Just because you failed to retain the information, does not mean it was not readily available. You can try it though, if you wish.

Anyway, make a point about how I was wrong (which was your assertion), or give up :) How did I not know what I was talking about, which is your thesis statement. You have still failed to do that. I can't make your argument for you, as much as that would be more productive than listening to you divert(though less fun).

Bubba wrote:

Sun May 22, 2016 7:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Ok. Make a point about how you were wrong. I can do that.

“They're not all rifleman.”

“In the United States Marine Corps, the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 0311 is for "Rifleman." It is the primary infantry MOS for the Marine Corps, equivalent to the U.S. Army MOS 11B for Infantryman. The training for Marine Corps Riflemen is conducted at the U.S. Marine Corps School of Infantry and training for U.S. Army Riflemen is conducted at U.S. Army Infantry School.” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rifleman)

So how would you like to disagree with that?

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Sun May 22, 2016 8:16 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
I said the army wasn't all Rifleman. I was comparing the Army, to the Marines, with the Marines being the favored. Thus, I was showing that they are better in that no matter what, they are all Riflemen.

Hell, to further the context, it was in response to "They must have got their act together", speaking about the Army by Yom.

You managed to get that wrong too, eh? :)

Bubba wrote:

Sun May 22, 2016 8:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
What about all these guys?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Marine_Corps_MOS

If they are not the MOS 0311 then they are not riflemen.

Sun May 22, 2016 8:35 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/10/every ... antry-mos/

Bubba wrote:

Sun May 22, 2016 8:50 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
http://www.marines.com/becoming-a-marin ... f-infantry

SOI, which is basic Infantry training. While shortened from standard length, still covers more than other branches receive.

Bubba wrote:

Sun May 22, 2016 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

But hey, I sure didn't know that every marine has to complete the 0311 training prior to their primary MOS. I guess that's because they have to work with so much less than everyone else. Sucks to be them.

Sun May 22, 2016 10:14 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Thus, bam, I am right. A glorious day.

However, I don't think it sucks to be them. I think it is great that despite having less than everyone else, they go further faster. Ooh Rah.

Seriously though, this is why they were able to hold off the damn Chinese in the battle of Chosin Reservoir. They were able to have ever hand available to break the lines, while vastly outnumbered.

Bubba wrote:

Sun May 22, 2016 10:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
psychokittyboy wrote:
Historically, Marines left the army in the dust when they fought side by side.

Damn Army got a lot of Marines killed in the Pacific campaign.

I never said it was. I said rai is a pussy for breaking 3 bones, and you chose the shitty infantry.

here we have punk bitch's original statement, for all the world to see, and he even helped to requote himself rather than let it die.

psychokittyboy wrote:
[img]
http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USMC/US ... ma-cvr.jpg[/img]

As for Squad Level tactics, you're right. I was a shitty student. I'm not even going to argue that.

When I say, side by side though, I don't mean mixed units. I mean Marine Divisions had one side of the Island while the Army Divisions had the other. So, side by side. Their lines met up in the middle of the island, more or less

here we have the contradiction to his original statement, stated by none other than himself.

this situation where they fought on opposite sides of the island is exactly like a race, each team is given equal ability to succeed, the army had significantly less casualties, thus they are better.

"get the marines killed"

I'm not sure you know how this works, it's not like the army can just say "hey, um... japanese soldiers the marines are coming from behind you could you please go fight them instead of us?" OR "hey look a large brigade of fleeing japanese going towards the other side of the island, lets ignore them and let the marines deal with it"

there is no instance where the army would not act on the enemy, there is no instance where the army could "get marines killed", the fucking dumbo marines with poor quality training got their own dumb asses killed. knowing the marines they probably got spotted coming while still on the beach and fucked up by standing there and trying to fight back against buildings full of soldiers while they were out in the open, instead of advancing the field using improvised bunkers like the army would have done.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sun May 22, 2016 10:45 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
joshex wrote:

here we have the contradiction to his original statement, stated by none other than himself.

this situation where they fought on opposite sides of the island is exactly like a race, each team is given equal ability to succeed, the army had significantly less casualties, thus they are better.

"get the marines killed"

I'm not sure you know how this works, it's not like the army can just say "hey, um... japanese soldiers the marines are coming from behind you could you please go fight them instead of us?" OR "hey look a large brigade of fleeing japanese going towards the other side of the island, lets ignore them and let the marines deal with it"

there is no instance where the army would not act on the enemy, there is no instance where the army could "get marines killed", the fucking dumbo marines with poor quality training got their own dumb asses killed. knowing the marines they probably got spotted coming while still on the beach and fucked up by standing there and trying to fight back against buildings full of soldiers while they were out in the open, instead of advancing the field using improvised bunkers like the army would have done.

You seriously have no idea how this works, and that is sad.

I'm not even sure how to explain this to you... You lack even the most basic idea of how this works. Point is, Army failed to do their job, and thus endangered the lives of the Marines/cost them lives. Why? Because the Marines were now forced to do the Army's job, and secure their flank while holding their front.

Also... not a race. It was never a race. It was a planned out system of taking land. You want your line to be continuous so you don't end up with enemy behind your lines. The Marines were not trying to get ahead of the Army, they were sticking to the time table set by higher up, as the Army should of been doing. Army failed to do so, and thus destroyed the line.

Also... Buildings, "got spotted on beach", etc etc. You know absolutely nothing of the battle of Iwo Jima. Hell, I posted a photo earlier. Did you see buildings? They had tunnels, all through the mountain, but no buildings.
You also act like a beach landing was a subtle thing in WWII. It was an invasion in force, on an island that was 5 miles by 5 miles. There was no hiding.

Finally, no one was making "improvised bunkers". It was hard enough to dig a fox hole in the volcanic sand.

Also, you said dumbo, that's hilarious. Are you 12?

Bubba wrote:

Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
punk bitch wrote:
Thus, bam, I am right. A glorious day.

However, I don't think it sucks to be them. I think it is great that despite having less than everyone else, they go further faster. Ooh Rah.

Seriously though, this is why they were able to hold off the damn Chinese in the battle of Chosin Reservoir. They were able to have ever hand available to break the lines, while vastly outnumbered.

I might enjoy hating on the air force and marines but I honestly think of them like Canadia: they keep my head warm.

Sun May 22, 2016 11:00 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next