Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 I need serious advice here. 
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post Re: I need serious advice here.
Don't care, but here you are googling definitions. And why, lookie there, definition one right there fits into the context of our conversation.

Also, it's lulz, you newfag.

Bubba wrote:
PKB's accent is... awesome and.. surprisingly sexy.

:)

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:04 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Pandemonium
Even I knew the proper meaning of a downer in this context, and I like to think I've grown mature enough to understand that I'm an ignorant idiot.

1 pcs.

Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:09 am
Profile E-mail
Level 25
Level 25

Cash on hand:
Group: Їи$aиїту
Parpol wrote:
I'm pretty sure FH has sunk to this point for no other reasons than that flash animations and newgrounds (our main source of members) are at its lowest point in history, and because sites like youtube, reddit, facebook, etc all have their own sub-communities. The mass bans probably didn't have that big of an effect.

Yea this is basically my opinion. I would also add that forums like phpbb vBulletin ect are a relic of the Internets past. FH would have gotten slow with or without all the nonsense that happened.

I think one of the main things that fucked things up was just the fact that we had to keep rebuilding it as well. Right before I switched from that first incarnation of fh that I made to this one, we took a really big hit, what was left were really just a decent amount of oldfags.

Also, people grew up and got lives; acting like "We did it better than you" is nonsense. The original creators made games and animations that drew people in, and the community that developed is what kept people around. No one person had a hand in making things great. The popularity was manifestation of the time and mood it was created in.

Also, keyword stuffing your arguments with random trendy insults doesn't help your case Yom. Lets just face it, PKB likes being an asshole and you're a libertine who doesn't like rules imposed on him. Is it really all that difficult.

¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$
¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:42 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
I've adhered—by way of thermal paste and retention clip—a small heatsink to a small Peltier effect cooler, I'm going to run some tests to determine if a small series of solar panels provides enough power to make a noticeable difference in the cabin temperature of my car over these net few months. A small fan, solar powered, brings a difference of roughly 40°F (the only way to measure temperature) from typical readings of 140°F to 100°F. I'm expecting another 10°F drop based my "large metal stick sitting on my computer" series of experiments; wherein I place a large metal stick (~1.5" steel bar stock of some type, I kind of found it laying around at work then got bored and sort of polished it) on the TEC plate on top of an old CPU heatsink and then run 5VDC at 1A through the TEC place simulating expected power conditions from the solar panel series.

Wish me luck.

In just under one-thousand eight-bit bytes I have to confer some glorious shrine to myself by means of text, images, hyper links, embeded flash compositions and possibly formatting. I could abuse this easily. Ten hour clips on youtube embeded in a single vertical stack. Multi-megapixel long transparent GIFs causing scrollbar hell. Nuero-linguistic programs that fuck your mind like a fresh squid. Eye raping color schemes using ascii full-width blocks. Images or links to images of things that can not be unseen. Anything called "epilepsy" dot SWF. This is what I want to do. I am not a good person. I just know that would be a flagrant display of disrespect. I'll wait until I can get away with it.
NOW IN GLORIOUS TODD A.O.!
fluffco™ LLC takes no responsibility for anything, ever, at all, under any circumstances and is entirely fictional outside Colorado.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 25
Level 25

Cash on hand:
psychokittyboy wrote:
Never lost my shit. I'm laughing, and sharing funny things with friends. See, I even got Hammm to pop in apparently.

If I recall, I helped set up this incarnation before lime and I had a falling out. So would that mean you're riding on my coat tails?

I'm glad you'll keep it open, I'm glad you're in such denial. You've had at least 3 people call you out(Hanzo, myself, and n0th1n) on your bullshit, yet you're still oblivious(more likely, hoping if you claim I'm missing something, that it will magically not show your shame and allow you some modicum of face saving. It won't). Hell, even fluffy implied you're incredibly butthurt, if not directly backing me up(I am, as he said, an asshat).

I'm afraid you have nothing. However, do go on. It's great fun.

Edit:
By the by, Yom. Hammm was being sarcastic. It was not a real petition to delete thread. Again, lrn2humorfggt.

Regardless of all the other arguments made on this thread I would like to point out that:

- Actually it was PPM, PPM was the first and only person to help me for about months on FH.
    - After that it was CBP and BA.
    - You and a few other people were modded/admined but the person who help me set it up was PPM.
    - Also as for this particular incarnation, The only person who helped with the setup was Rosie. I did make people I trusted admins / mods but this incarnation was "setup" by me.
    - Last but not least, it was because Yom that I came back to FH in 2008 after leaving it. Yom had actually bought a server to host FH on; that is one of the reasons I started working with web development in the first place.

¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$
¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Registered users
psychokittyboy wrote:
I had to read your post really hard to find out what you had added to the first quote.

Considering you try to say I'm offended all the time, I somehow doubt your assertion that it was a joke. If it was, why was it funny or humorous? Explain.

I'll be frank, I don't know how to spell adderall. I took it, doesn't mean I read it. I threw away my last of it 5 years ago, 6 years into it's expiration. I can spell like... One med I'm on currently, Kepra.

I find this intriguing that there is a group of forkheads out there away from the ones here. It sounds like a big lie to me. Are there any ambitious projects being worked on by the enterprising minds of the former forkheadians? What plans do they have this year? Why would they be on fumblebook?

psychokittyboy wrote:
Wouldn't it be better if he couldn't? As it is now, he's making shitty excuses. Hanzo and I would go days without sleep, and maintain passable grammar.

You could sleep for weeks and it wouldn't make your claims any better. At least if you lied to our faces you could do it well rested.

I've read through the thread and notice the lack of truth in your words. Like for instance when you keep mentioning our friendly neighborhood hentai monger's issues with spelling/grammar when you have issues with it yourself. I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between it's and its.

Here's how I squash that situation. Whenever confronted by which one to use, I'll just remember it's is short for it is. For example "it's time" or "it is time" both work. If I went "it's existence involves anal bead academy classes" it would translate to "it is existence involves anal bead academy classes" which would make no sense. Remove the apostrophe and you'll realize now:

It still doesn't make any fucking sense! Who attends anal bead academy? And how is it any different from Ass Bead Parliament? There's so many questions here and that's what happens when you show up like that. I call the same bullshit as I call your claim. I have addressed them, and I hope this helps.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:19 am
Profile E-mail
Level 25
Level 25

Cash on hand:
LordofFlames wrote:
@Joshex

..... Then we have to ask ourselves, what sort of things using flash can keep members by a login feature? I know of things like adventure quest and the like..... But seriously. A login feature on a comedic hentai point and click game? And the whole lock off thing, isn't that for those websites making content at least once a month with a payplan? Sounds.... capitalism-sih.

...... I'm not sure that will GENERATE members. IF we are going to use such a feature we need to make something bigger, and with that we need a dedicated team. I mean, that's too much for one Yom with a little help from others to handle.

Also, again with the thing we talked about earlier. How popular do we want to get? We might actually need to get a separate site wich the games lead to, wich doesn't contain any of the other "things" if you know what I mean.

You guys need to actually build a fun / buzzworthy game or short movie. Forkheads hasn't produced anything functionally different in the last 10 years except for the FHRPG. You can't hash out the same type of content over and over again and expect the same results. Quality levels have changed drastically since 2003; just by increasing the scope or length of the game you're not going to get anywhere. There are two main markets now and those are youtube for videos and application stores for games. The games and movies aren't being built in flash anymore and pretty soon flash will be considered a hazard to even use in browsers as its basically a giant security risk. Its time to move on, maybe even dare I say to develop a new brand. If that's not what you all want, you will just end up being a time capsule; and a time capsule isn't that much different from a coffin.

¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$
¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$¥£$

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:58 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
fluffy wrote:
I've adhered—by way of thermal paste and retention clip—a small heatsink to a small Peltier effect cooler, I'm going to run some tests to determine if a small series of solar panels provides enough power to make a noticeable difference in the cabin temperature of my car over these net few months. A small fan, solar powered, brings a difference of roughly 40°F (the only way to measure temperature) from typical readings of 140°F to 100°F. I'm expecting another 10°F drop based my "large metal stick sitting on my computer" series of experiments; wherein I place a large metal stick (~1.5" steel bar stock of some type, I kind of found it laying around at work then got bored and sort of polished it) on the TEC plate on top of an old CPU heatsink and then run 5VDC at 1A through the TEC place simulating expected power conditions from the solar panel series.

Wish me luck.

A/C physics for dummies;

while a solid material like metal holds temperature to a greater capacity than say a fluid, you must remember the return on that statement; it does just what it says, it holds temperature (pity it doesn't hold tempura, then we'd be off to an amazing something) so if it's hot or room temperature to start with it's going to cost you more energy to cool it than it would cost you to cool for example; the air. yes it will have lasting effects, but unless you're going to press it against yourself (given that it is solid) the air flowing off of it will be minuscule causing the conundrum to be: it's cold, now how the fuck do I get the cold off it and to me?

the answer is in the original air conditioner designs, Fluid, fluid is the next best thing to a gas, it hold temperature and takes temperature, the best part is, it's not solid! being not solid the change of air circulating over it transfers the cooling effect directly into the fluid on all levels.

basically, A/C for dummies: if you have a fan, the only thing that's stopping you from having an air-conditioner (at no or a minuscule extra energy cost) is a pipe wide enough to funnel the air through and a thin pipe full of water inside that.

as the air flows through the tube over the water tube it cools the water, as the water gets cooler it transfers this effect to the air, as the air gets cooler the effect multiplies. until you have a freezer.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:49 am
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
regarding metal, (though this has nothing to do with the current conversation) i saw bronze casting demonstrated today.

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:30 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
Lime wrote:
psychokittyboy wrote:
Never lost my shit. I'm laughing, and sharing funny things with friends. See, I even got Hammm to pop in apparently.

If I recall, I helped set up this incarnation before lime and I had a falling out. So would that mean you're riding on my coat tails?

I'm glad you'll keep it open, I'm glad you're in such denial. You've had at least 3 people call you out(Hanzo, myself, and n0th1n) on your bullshit, yet you're still oblivious(more likely, hoping if you claim I'm missing something, that it will magically not show your shame and allow you some modicum of face saving. It won't). Hell, even fluffy implied you're incredibly butthurt, if not directly backing me up(I am, as he said, an asshat).

I'm afraid you have nothing. However, do go on. It's great fun.

Edit:
By the by, Yom. Hammm was being sarcastic. It was not a real petition to delete thread. Again, lrn2humorfggt.

Regardless of all the other arguments made on this thread I would like to point out that:

- Actually it was PPM, PPM was the first and only person to help me for about months on FH.
    - After that it was CBP and BA.
    - You and a few other people were modded/admined but the person who help me set it up was PPM.
    - Also as for this particular incarnation, The only person who helped with the setup was Rosie. I did make people I trusted admins / mods but this incarnation was "setup" by me.
    - Last but not least, it was because Yom that I came back to FH in 2008 after leaving it. Yom had actually bought a server to host FH on; that is one of the reasons I started working with web development in the first place.

Totally called it. :chocoban

4 pcs.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
arch_enemy wrote:
regarding metal, (though this has nothing to do with the current conversation) i saw bronze casting demonstrated today.

HOT. LITERALLY.

What's the difference between bronze and iron casting?

4 pcs.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:39 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:

Bank:
when casting bronze you use a steel crucible in a propane furnace, and when casting iron/steel you use a crucible made of refractory cement & portland cement, in a coal furnace (although these are relatively modern methods that they wouldn't have used in the old days apart from the coal furnace... they would have used that)

1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
2 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:23 pm
Profile E-mail
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
I've had 4 hours of sleep. Remind me to read what the fuck is going on later.

Bubba wrote:

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
psychokittyboy wrote:

That doesn't sound too healthy. Be sure to catch up on your sleep or else the migraine ninjas will get you.

4 pcs.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
FH Pope
FH Pope

Cash on hand:
YomToxic wrote:
psychokittyboy wrote:

That doesn't sound too healthy. Be sure to catch up on your sleep or else the migraine ninjas will get you.

The 15 beers the night before were probably far worse for my health.

stup wrote:
I find this intriguing that there is a group of forkheads out there away from the ones here. It sounds like a big lie to me. Are there any ambitious projects being worked on by the enterprising minds of the former forkheadians? What plans do they have this year? Why would they be on fumblebook?

Yadda yadda yadda, false accusations.

The quote above, I can answer however. Chat system. Large part of how FH worked back when, which I think everyone here who was there will agree with, was our use of MSN Messenger. Mass chats, etc etc. We can do that on facebook very easily, without the need for skype or anything.

We're already on there as well, so it hurts none of us to type out a message into the chat, and go about our day.

As for "lie", sure sport, if that's what you need.

Bubba wrote:

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next