Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 39  Next
 Chronicles of Jungalore: Rise of Dragons 
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Post Re: Chronicles of Jungalore Main RP Thread
ANALYSIS: SWELLING?
Mikkael looked over the weapon and then turned back to the wound.

"Will evaporation?"

Mikkael began to explain to Yemhelch the concept of will evaporation.

"You see, when a spell is cast, it leaves an imprint on the surface of where it was cast and even a few layers underneath. The Vexus Circle calls this phenomenon will burn. However, sometimes spells will cause an area to be sucked of will, and this is called will evaporation. It seems as though the body here has been subject to will evaporation. Yet this would suggest the victim was naked... Perhaps it would be worthwhile to try analyzing the armor at a later point when we uncover further evidence."

NEW EVIDENCE OBTAINED

EVIDENCE
-Victim File: Reizei Cynric'dair, 23, Human Fire Draco, was stabbed by the katana which lead to instantaneous death. The murder occurred on the third day of the Festival of the Lily.
-Two-Handed Katana: The weapon used to murder Reizei.
-Samurai Hall Keys: Two keys to certain rooms within the Samurai hall, one is quite ornate and slightly speckled, marked "Victim's Room" and another is marked as "Autopsy Room".
-Will Evaporation: Will evaporation present on the skin of Reizei, suggests that the victim was naked when murdered.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
"Lets start the next step, then..." Yemhelch said as he carefully withdrew the cloth covering the woman's chest. Shame she died, though. She had a good pair of bangers to go. Noting just how terse Mikkael was getting, he took a smaller pair of clothes and covered her breasts. Maybe they had really known each other. With this thought in mind, he resisted the urge to do anything indecent.

Her eyes were dilated - meaning she had been either drugged first, or perhaps subjected to a magical debuff first... or even worse, strangled into unconsciousness before the killing blow was administered. He checked her neck for any sign of strangulation.

"Next, we'll study the wound, and find out how exactly how it was a 'instant death'... or whether she had a little time left after the stab..." he began, as he crouched low, taking a close look at the wound. "The blade narrows at the end, so the entry point should be wider than the exit point..."

4 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael quickly jotted down the point about the eyes.

NEW EVIDENCE OBTAINED
EVIDENCE COMPARISON POSSIBLE

EVIDENCE
-Victim File: Reizei Cynric'dair, 23, Human Fire Draco, was stabbed by the katana which lead to instantaneous death. The murder occurred on the third day of the Festival of the Lily.
-Samurai Hall Keys: Two keys to certain rooms within the Samurai hall, one is quite ornate and slightly speckled, marked "Victim's Room" and another is marked as "Autopsy Room".
-Will Evaporation: Will evaporation present on the skin of Reizei, suggests that the victim was naked when murdered.
-Dilated Eyes: The eyes of the victim were dilated, indicating magic, strangulation, or drugging.
-The Wound: The victim's wound is smaller at the front of the chest, and thicker at the back, indicating a stab from behind.

You may now pick up to three pieces of evidence to compare for the following options...
-Analyze: Armor

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Looking through Mikkael's notes, and Mikkael looking through Yemhelch's notes, they began to carefully rebuild the 'actions timeline' at the time of the murder.

His eyes drifted over to the o-yoroi. Beautiful work, with black and red highlights, and a layered set of plates on the front and back designed to withstand even a greatsword strike. He'd have snagged the armor for himself, if he had managed to sneak in here.

Was she wearing this at the time of her death? Or was she found naked first? He read through the report.
It was time to study the armor. Did it bear any blade-marks? Or a gaping hole in the back?

4 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:30 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael had noted the hole in the back and small break in the frontal chest piece. Indeed, she had been stabbed, but...

MIKKAEL COMPARED EVIDENCE
-Will Evaporation
-The Wound

The wound matches the armor but the inconsistency is that the armor itself doesn't match the will evaporation.

"This can only mean one thing, that either she was naked, or she was wearing something else while being attacked by the spell. But why change it...? Perhaps to mask it as swelling, as this form of inflammation, I've never seen magic like it, and I can't perform this type of magic myself."

NEW EVIDENCE OBTAINED

EVIDENCE
-Dilated Eyes: The eyes of the victim were dilated, indicating magic, strangulation, or drugging.
-The Armor: The armor Reizei was supposedly wearing when she was murdered. Matching stab wounds, but no will evaporation presence.
-The Will Evaporated Wound: The victim's wound is smaller at the front of the chest, and thicker at the back, indicating a stab from behind. There is will evaporation surrounding the wound and going down her front and back.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"I think it's time we took a look at the victim's room." Yemhelch nodded, jotting down Mikkael's observations. But first, there was something that was bugging him that he had to get out of the way. So, clearing his throat, he spoke. "Hey. Mikkael... the look on your face makes me think you knew this girl... so, what do you think so far?"

4 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:01 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael closed his eyes as the two walked through the corridors and began speaking.

"Way way back when I was a soldier, first arriving to the Corisca Mainland, I had an encounter with that woman. She was rather rude and called my people monsters." He chuckled a bit to himself, "Funny, because she herself uses the power of dragons as a draco. I'm not really sure whether or not I feel sorry for her, but... I suppose that's a whole other matter entirely."

Mikkael and Yemhelch made it to the room, and Mikkael attempted to use the key on the door.

"Hm? It's hard to open..."

With enough brute force and jiggling of the key, he managed to unlock the door.

"Strange, you'd think considering the ornate style of the interior, they'd keep the master daimyo's lock in top notch."

They entered the room and found it to be quite spacious. In the middle was a rope outline of the victim's body, just near the foot of the bed, which was sat center against a wall. To one corner was a screen, as was another. To either side of the bed was a dresser, and far across from the foot of it were display stands showcasing all manners of swords, and an elegant armor stand. Nothing looked to be too out of place, besides the bloodstains moving towards the bed, and the rope outline. There was a furnace in the room as well, likely to keep it warm, but it seemed to be turned off. A window could be seen above the bed near the roof, with wooden beams in place, likely to make it impossible for a human to get in.

Mikkael gave a whistle, "Damn, they really must get paid well in Vel Da Ir."

Suddenly, the voice of a familiar girl sounded, "Oh, is that nyou, Mikkael?"

"Ah, Kazeko-san, it's been a while." Mikkael responded, greeting the Jounin leader with a deep bow. "It's a shame we're in this situation, isn't it?"

"This is very true." The blonde nekor nodded, looking over to Yemhelch, "So, who's this?"

"This would be Attorney Yemhelch. We're investigating the scene of the crime."

"Actually, you both had been given the key to look around, right? You wouldn't be able to get in otherwise, so I figured such would be the case, nya?"

"Yeah, though, the lock was hard to open."

"See, the same thing happened to me, and that key is one of a kind... But I'll tell you more about that during my testimony. For now, you ought to continue searching this place for clues, alright? Mr. Yemhelch, please do your best to prove Hajima's innocence, I know for a fact she couldn't have done it!"

Mikkael looked over to Yemhelch as the nekor left, "I have a feeling she'll be important."

EVIDENCE
-Daimyo Room Key: The key to the Daimyo's room. It is one of a kind, although it seems like it doesn't work well on the door it belongs to...
-The Armor: The armor Reizei was supposedly wearing when she was murdered. Matching stab wounds, but no will evaporation presence.
-The Will Evaporated Wound: The victim's wound is smaller at the front of the chest, and thicker at the back, indicating a stab from behind. There is will evaporation surrounding the wound and going down her front and back.

PROFILES
-Yemhelch: Attorney, Soldier. [Soldier Search and Analysis Ability]
-Karliah: Prosecutor, Paladin. [Soldier Search and Analysis Ability]
-Mikkael: Spellsword and companion. [Scholar Search and Analysis Ability]
-Natsuki: Scholar and companion. [Scholar Search and Analysis Ability]
-Philena: Summoner and companion. [Scholar Search and Analysis Ability]
-Kazeko: Master Jounin. [Scout Search and Analysis Ability]
-Reizei: Master Daimyo and victim.
-Hiroko: Samurai Apprentice and primary suspect.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:05 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"We are all monsters." Yemhelch sighed, almost under his breath. "Anyway, you happen to know any locksmiths? Something about that lock is making me suspicious."

Approaching the bloodstains, he looked around. "The murder weapon... did we find out where it came from? Was it from one of these stands?" he mused as he stared the weapon stands, and then at the bloodstains.

"Huh, look at this." he knelt down, careful not to touch anything. "Whoever shot this gunk out must've staggered to the bed before kicking the bucket."

4 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:16 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Mikkael looked around the bed, but found nothing. He checked underneath as well, but didn't find anything, not even a concealed weapon or anything. The weapon stands were all filled, but then he noticed something about the statue... The handle of the sword it was holding.

"Hey! I think I got it!"

Mikkael slid the handle of the one-handed sword out, and slid the murder weapon in. It now rested perfectly in the statue's hand and the blunt end of the blade rested perfectly on the shoulder. The coloration and motifs matched perfectly! Yet it took quite an effort to pull the weapon back out again.

"I don't think she did it. If I can't pull that weapon out easily, no one can. However, where does this one-handed sword go?"

<THREE PIECES OF EVIDENCE REMAIN>

EVIDENCE
-Victim File: Reizei Cynric'dair, 23, Human Fire Draco, was stabbed by the two-handed katana which lead to instantaneous death. The murder occurred on the third day of the Festival of the Lily.
-Two-Handed Katana: The weapon used to murder Reizei. It's actually ornamental, and belongs to a statue in her room. It looks like it takes a bit of strength to get loose from the statue's grip.
-One-Handed Katana: Swapped with the two-handed katana at some point.
-Daimyo Room Key: The key to the Daimyo's room. It is one of a kind, although it seems like it doesn't work well on the door it belongs to...

PROFILES
-Yemhelch: Attorney, Soldier. [Soldier Search and Analysis Ability]
-Karliah: Prosecutor, Paladin. [Soldier Search and Analysis Ability]
-Mikkael: Spellsword and companion. [Scholar Search and Analysis Ability]
-Natsuki: Scholar and companion. [Scholar Search and Analysis Ability]
-Philena: Summoner and companion. [Scholar Search and Analysis Ability]
-Kazeko: Master Jounin. [Scout Search and Analysis Ability]
-Reizei: Master Daimyo and victim.
-Hiroko: Samurai Apprentice and primary suspect.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Ornamental sword, huh? If they were anything he was familiar with, that was that they were horrible at anything except for looking purdy. He made a note to re-inspect the wound on the body, no way an ornamental sword could have killed instantly. Or punched through armor.

"Puzzles were never my strong suit, but let's take a closer look at that smaller sword you took out." Yemhelch said, as he walked over to a window and carefully pulled back the curtains to let a sunbeam into the room, illuminating the area greatly.

"By the way, that ca-Nekor just now... she seemed to be familiar with you."

4 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"Ah, yeah, she pretty much saved me when I got rid of a bandit boss in town. Cool gal, really."

Mikkael looked around the room some more, being sure not to be too intrusive, he found various oriental clothes, neatly folded and each set of clothing to a particular drawer. He found nothing in particular in these areas and decided to move over to the screens.

"Hey, this screen appears slightly darker in the center, I wonder..."

He moved around to the solid side of the screen.

"AHA! I found more evidence of will evaporation!"

<TWO PIECES OF EVIDENCE REMAIN!>

EVIDENCE
-Victim File: Reizei Cynric'dair, 23, Human Fire Draco, was stabbed by the two-handed katana which lead to instantaneous death. The murder occurred on the third day of the Festival of the Lily.
-Two-Handed Katana: The weapon used to murder Reizei. It's actually ornamental, and belongs to a statue in her room. It looks like it takes a bit of strength to get loose from the statue's grip.
-One-Handed Katana: Swapped with the two-handed katana at some point.
-Folding Screen: A folding screen in Reizei's room. It has evidence of will evaporation on both sides.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:53 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"This screen... what is it used for?" Yemhelch looked it over. "Definitely not a weapon that can shoot spells, though..." He had never seen anything like it, though. The paper print embroidery illustrated a river, along some bamboo groves and in the back was a mountain.

He walked around it, careful not to disturb whatever Mikkael had sensed.

"So, a non-elemental spell definitely was fired from this spot, right behind the screen?" Yemhelch thought, then thought to his time as an apprentice at the Magus Guild. "Ah, I should've stayed there a bit... maybe learn some basic skills..."

4 pcs.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
She had been wandering the festival, when she saw an interesting building to the side of the main festival street. "Vel Da Ir Bank" she read the unusual stylized letters below the signboard out as she opened the door, and entered the lobby. Due to the festival, there wasn't much of a crowd and eventually a young lady welcomed her.

"Hello! Is there something I could do for you?" she asked.

"Mhm, I have some legens to store, and a parcel to deliver."

"Sure, I can do that, but mail is handled on that booth." she pointed to a smaller area to the side of the bank.

"Thank you."

"So, first things first, I'd like to set up an account under my name and deposit 1800 legens in." she explained. "Next, I have a parcel that I need delivered to a certain dorm in the Magus Guild in Cyndar..."

-

The package, a set of floral-patterned kimono and geta she had bought from the festival, was on its way when one of the clerks looked up and smiled. "Ms. Natsuki, right? We had a letter arrive just 5 hours ago..."

A letter?

She gratefully accepted the letter - from Khal'shaar, and slipped it in her robe pocket. It felt thick - several pages, she presumed... She would read it when she had some privacy. Deciding to look for an inn, she walked out and headed uptown, towards the splendid pagoda. That's when she noticed Mikkael's friend Philena waving to her.

"Ah, Philena..." she smiled as she waved back and caught up to her. "...Where are the others?"

Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:31 am
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Philena responded to Natsuki, "It seems Yemhelch and Mikkael went with a prosecutor lady, I think they're going to be working with the Vel Da Ir court... However that goes."

She pointed towards the Samurai Hall, "They went up the hills over there. So much for the hot springs, huh?"

--------------------------------------------------

"Hmmm... Okay, so explain it to me. Exactly what transpired before the murder."

Mikkael had wandered off from the room to let Yemhelch continue his investigation. He had gone down to question Hiroko once more, just to jot down some notes and hopefully assist in the investigation.

"Well, just a few days ago we began the festival of the lily."
"Reizei was doing her best to get everything prepared and ready, as she always does when a festival comes around."
"I was helping her out, given that I had lost my sword that morning. I swear, everywhere I looked, I couldn't find it."
"Even with my help, though, she was really tired by the afternoon, more so than usual when a festival comes around."
"We barely even saw her on the second day, and she was looking more tired than before."
"Then, at the noon of the third day, I was arrested."

"Why did they arrest you?" Mikkael asked, "That is, on what grounds?"

"My katana is made of a black metal, with a white wrapping on the handle, they said they found it as the murder weapon."

"Just like the two swords of the statue." Mikkael thought to himself, he paused for a moment before asking his final questions.

"So, I assume you have no idea what the weapon precisely was."

"No." Hiroko answered, "I only know it as a katana, as they said my katana had been found in the room."

"Judging by your figure and overall structure, would I be correct in guessing you use a one-handed sword?" Mikkael asked, finally.

"Yes, I can't really use a two-handed sword that well... At least not yet. They're just too heavy for me."

<EVIDENCE UPDATED>

"Right... Well, I am now fairly confident in your innocence, Hajima-san."

"Please, Mikkael, call me Hiroko."

"Hiroko, then... But I just wonder... Well, do you have any alibi?"

"Alibi?"

"A reason that you absolutely could not be the murderer." Mikkael explained. Hiroko suddenly tensed up, as if hiding something. Mikkael took note of this and raised a brow under his helmet.

The woman fidgeted in place before responding, "Well, there's a reason but... It shouldn't matter. I believe you all could speak with the evidence. My alibi doesn't matter at this point."

"I see... Well, if it's something that you don't feel comfortable bringing up, I understand."

"Thank you. I know it would probably help, but..." The samurai apprentice looked glum in that moment but took a deep breath and composed herself. "I trust in you both to help out."

<ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE REMAINS>

EVIDENCE
-Two-Handed Katana: The weapon used to murder Reizei. It's actually ornamental, and belongs to a statue in her room, with a white wrapping over the black metal. It looks like it takes a bit of strength to get loose from the statue's grip.
-Hiroko's One-Handed Katana: A black metal katana with a white wrappen. Swapped with the two-handed katana at some point.
-Folding Screen: A folding screen in Reizei's room. It has evidence of will evaporation on both sides.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Somehow, Natsuki felt that her traveling companions had gotten themselves stuck in a boss battle far more dangerous than any unknown beasts from the deep. As she looked at the impressive pagoda, she smiled to herself.

"Well, it's a shame to have come all this way and not get to enjoy the hot springs..." Natsuki smiled as she rolled back her hood. "How about we go anyway?"

Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 39  Next