Reply to topic  [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 39  Next
 Chronicles of Jungalore: Rise of Dragons 
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: Chronicles of Jungalore Main RP Thread
Alone in her room, Natsuki unwrapped the letter she got and began reading. She had recognized Paladin Khal'shaar's scrawl easily and settled down to read.

By the time she was done, it was already noon. She sighed and wrapped the parchment back. Things were not going well - the investigation in Cyndar had gone cold, and now rumors of strange happenings in Frenga Farms and Dreamers' Hill were on the rise. In particular, she noted the request for her sketches of the behemoth that she had witnessed in her short time in Frenga Farms.

Sure, she could do that. She got out her old sketchbook and carefully tore out the pages with the massive monster's drawings and walked to the bank to post them. She spotted the Pagoda, and wondered how Mikkael, Yemhelch and Philena were doing.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:09 am
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Arcade Corps
Mikkael had already been moving around the pagoda section of the three joined buildings with a map in hand. He was looking for more clues he could've missed, all the while wondering what could be in the box. He remembered Hiroko mentioning that something to do with her alibi would be brought up. Would this be the key piece of evidence that would give her a complete acquittal?

Philena had asked his if there was much she could do to help, but Mikkael shook his head.

"Maybe see if you can get that girl to open up?" He asked.

"If you can't," She began, "What makes you think that I can?"

"I 'unno, it was worth asking, though." He smiled, "I mean, I'm not persuasive, and you're capable of making people do as you like, so you surely could do something, right?"

"Well, I can certainly try." Philena conceded, but she continued, "However, you're too easy for me to string along."

"I have a will of my own! I just... Want to do things for you." Mikkael responded. She gave him a loning gaze as she moved to caress his hand. He couldn't help but feel another rush of emotion as he knew she was totally right. She had him completely captivated that his judgement of the world around him grew blurry. However, she had work to do, as did he, so he quickly got back on topic, "I j-just think we'd better get back to work."

For the next while, Mikkael couldn't think about her. She clearly was in love with him, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to commit to a girl with no soul. As far as he knew, were she to die, he would never see her again, like all inhabitants of this world. However, he and others like him would live on. He began to question how this was so. What made it that someone like himself could potentially die, and yet... He would simply reappear, alive? What worried him more than this was that she was royalty, and he was nothing more than common rabble. In meridian tradition, she would be assigned by the royal family to marry a noble house, just as it is in Cyndar amongst the richest of families. Would he dare break that tradition? All of these ate at his mind as he tried to focus on his job, searching every inch of Reizei's room over again, now looking for fingerprints, and yet, finding none.

About twenty minutes after her leave, Philena returned. Mikkael had made no progress, but was curious to see if she made any progress.

"Ah, hey, so did she open up?" Mikkael asked.

Philena was hesitant, but answered, "Well... Yes. I know the contents of the box now... However, I can't tell you. It's a secret between two girls."

"WHAT!? NOT YOU TOO!"

"It's just not that simple to tell you what's inside the box. She doesn't want this revealed to anyone." Philena fidgeted in place and sat down in a nearby chair before continuing, "She made efforts to hide it from people before the murder of Reizei, so that should be indicative of just how important a secret this is to her."

Mikkael gave thought to it for a moment. Was it really best to pry into this issue? Could they get a complete acquittal of the defendant without using the locked box? They made great progress with the nodachi alone, and didn't even bring up the actual katana...

"WAIT! WE DON'T EVEN NEED TO BRING IT UP!" Mikkael exclaimed, standing up. He grabbed Philena by the hand and pulled out the map. "Hiroko's room is on the fifth floor, correct? We need a piece of evidence from that room, and I need you to make sure that the bailiff doesn't withdraw Hiroko from the guest room. I also need you to get Kazeko for me."

If Mikkael's logic was correct, he wouldn't need to even regard the locked box. However, before he could go, Philena gripped his hand a little harder, "Wait, Mikkael. I've been doing stuff for you and following you around. So, naturally, you should do something for me." Philena had a devilish grin on her face as she said this.

"... Dare I ask what?"

"I'll think of something." She giggled, thinking to herself what she could ask the spellsword for, "Don't worry, it'll be something we both can enjoy."

Mikkael swore that Philena would be the death of him, but he nodded with a gulp, "Alright... You know, you should be careful with those looks of yours."

"I'll take that as a compliment as opposed to a warning.~" She stated, moving to the door, "Just get Kazeko for you and send her your way or...?"

"Send her to the visitor room. She'll help you keep the bailiff from removing Hiroko." Mikkael answered. As Philena left, he couldn't help but watch her swaying hips.

"Something we both can enjoy... huh... I shouldn't think such perverse things..."

--------------------------------------------------

"OH THANK LUMBRA!"

The priest had exclaimed, grasping the bars as Yemhelch had entered the room.

"The priest will be your second defendant in this case. I made the arrest as he has a clear motive to me. He has something out for Reizei and Hiroko." Karliah had explained, "If you can prove his guilt, then Hiroko will be acquitted. I'll leave you to question him. I'm now going to search his stall."

The priest kept shouting after her, but she paid no heed to his words that would disgrace his role as a priest, would they be revealed to the public.

"PLEASE, MR. YEMHELCH! I NEED YOUR DEFENSE! I NEED YOU TO KEEP ME FROM BEING IMPLICATED FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO! I'LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING I KNOW! EVERYTHING!"

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Sysop
"Ow. My ears." Yemhelch winced as the priest's voice echoed in the cell.

He listened carefully to Father Johannes' impassioned plea, before giving him a sinister grin. "Ah, but you implicated yourself with that outburst. Perhaps you should simply cooperate with the authorities and shed light onto this case. If you wish to confess, you should start with why you would want to have an innocent girl convicted of murder."

4 pcs.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:24 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Johannes nodded, "Very well, at least it's not in the courtroom, and she won't know that you're in the know..."

Johannes began speaking in a hushed tone.

"... that's why I did it. That's why I tried to have that girl implicated."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"So you admit to being an accomplice of the murderer?" Yemhelch replied. "I suppose pleading guilty usually is softer on the verdict... you could try a plea bargain if you want to walk away alive..."

4 pcs.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:06 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"NO NO NO NO!" The priest exclaimed, shaking his hands in front of himself, "That said, I may have an idea as to who could be the real murderer..."

The priest fidgeted in place, "A couple nights ago, the arena champions met to open the festival, you see, and one in particular had caught my attention. He was a sickly looking man, but had an unusual air about him, very shady. Spent a lot of time away from the rest of the champions."

He crossed his arms and gave it some thought, "He was also rather creepy looking. You ought to check in with Kazeko for more info."

"On the night of the murder, though, I did notice one small thing. A bird flying from a window and there was smoke started coming from one of the pipes shortly thereafter. I had been... contemplating the actions of those two just outside at the time."

--------------------------------------------------

"So, this is the scabbard in which you normally keep your sword, correct?" Mikkael asked Hiroko, who nodded in response.

"Yes, at least, normally. However, my sword is still in the evidence."

"Well, then this should be enough proof to show that the missing sword argument has no basis. After all, a nodachi cannot fit in this scabbard. The issue then is showing that it's yours." Mikkael explained. Philena, who was silent up until this point, beamed positively.

"You hear that, Hiroko? You should be safe after all!"

However, Hiroko shook her head and responded, "No. Even if I do end up freed, I will likely be hunted down by the real murderer."

"What makes you say that?" Mikkael asked, now even more puzzled. For a moment he thought the priest could have something to do with the murder based on his actions and words in the courtroom. However...

"Well, I can't tell you everything, but I am to succeed not just Reizei, but a leader of a certain society. The likely true murderer is someone who wants to rule that society himself. He could very well do so, too, he is a very powerful man, and his skill in manipulating the world around him is... unparalleled."

"Huh, well, that sounds like a problem. Yet he didn't do enough to conceal the evidence so you will probably be fine." The meridian went silent for a while, before stating, "I have done some reasoning and researching of my own, and perhaps... Philena, could you work with me on this?" Mikkael requested with a smile.

"Okay." Philena agreed. Mikkael had the bailiff take Hiroko away for the time being, seeing as how he didn't need her for questioning anymore, at least for the time being. The two meridians sat at a table and Mikkael began to work on his model of the room.

Link

"First, we must look at the crime scene. There are a number of things to consider. For one, that at some point, Hiroko's one-handed katana was swapped with the ornamental blade. The strength of the ornamental blade could not penetrate the armor of a daimyo that easily, thus we know that a weakening spell of some sort, or a series of weakening spells had to be put in place."

Philena began rubbing her chin, "So like, a life drain spell?"

Mikkael was surprised that such a spell existed, but now that he knew it did, he was fairly certain of its use, "Actually, that makes perfect sense. I figure this due to a feature of the crime scene. There were two folding screens in Reizei's room. One of which was afflicted with will evaporation."

Philena displayed a look of amazement, "I see! That would coincide perfectly." She then thought to herself for a moment, "So at some point, the murderer was using a life drain or debilitating spell over her. Most likely"

Mikkael nodded, "Yes, and when the time was right, he or another individual killed Reizei with a swift thrust through the back. He then changed her clothing, likely because they showed obvious signs of will burn, and had them burned in the furnace, then he would have made his escape..." Mikkael pauses, realizing something before continuing, "... at least, if a few problems didn't persist."

"Problems?" Philena asked, "You mean, like the locked room issue?"

"That, and a few others," Mikkael pointed to a diagram of the room he drew up, "Say that the door was locked, as Kazeko and even the testimony of Rose says. There would be no way for the murderer to get in, except through the window. However, if this were the case, the grate on the window would need to be broken, as it's secured in place and made of wood. Not only that, but the murderer would need to sneak in every time he wanted to prolong the life drain." He began walking around the table, "The other issue is that I found no evidence of fingerprints with the set that was given to me for the purposes of investigation. I looked over the instructions carefully and tested everything twice, even rehearsing it on objects such as the perfume bottles in her room. I was doing it correct, but the nodachi showed no fingerprints, and neither did the furnace door."

"But, that's impossible!" Philena exclaimed, "The only way it could work then is if Hiroko is really the killer, and I know for a fact that it absolutely cannot be her!"

"Well, only a few other possibilities exist, then, and no, I don't believe it was her either. However, I know of no mage that can wear gloves and use katanas... Yet there is something more bizarre than all of this..." Mikkael pointed towards the rough outline of the body, "I drew the body exactly as the rope outline had illustrated her position. What do you find bizarre about it?"

Philena thought for a moment, "I'm not sure, but it looks like the arm is outstretched towards the bed."

"Not just the bed, but the window above the bed. If she was trying to crawl into bed, but was killed by the life drain, the only reason to stab her would be to implicate Hiroko. Yet, this seems highly unlikely, as most people get in at the side of the bed, and she's at the foot of it. If she was stabbed first, then she would have a reason to reach for the window before dying. Something is very important about it, but I just can't seem to wrap my mind around it."

"So the questions we need to answer are 'Who did it?'..."

"... and 'How?'"

Mikkael then thought to himself, "Plus, I need Kazeko to-"

As if by chance, Kazeko appeared before them, "You called, nya?"

"Ah! K-Kazeko!"

"Phi-chan passed by me earlier and said ya needed me. I was a tad busy though, but I'm here nyow."

Mikkael blushed at the oddly cute-sounding nickname for Philena, but continued, "Um, yeah, tell me, how do samurai tell whose katana is whose?"

"Nyaaaa, that's all? You could've asked anyone for that, but I'll tell ya." She pulled off her own katana from her side, "See, this here katanya is mine, and you can tell by removing two pieces from the scabbard."

Mikkael smiled as she proceeded to remove a golden ring from the opening of the katana scabbard, and the golden piece at the end, "Generally, no one keeps their katanya without a scabbard, so if you're like Hiroko, the katanya is pretty much gone. It's really lucky you found it. That being said, at the top ring of the scabbard, you can see the given name, and at the bottom, the family name, nya?"

Mikkael nodded, "That's all I needed to know." He then produced the scabbard of Hiroko's katana and did as Kazeko instructed. It displayed "Hiroko" under the ring, and "Hajima" at the bottom. He then asked, "You know what this means, right Kazeko?"

The girl smiled and excitedly nodded, "I knyew it, she couldn't be the murderer!"

-----EVIDENCE-----
-Victim File: Reizei Cynric'dair, 23, Human Fire Draco, was stabbed by the two-handed katana which lead to instantaneous death. The murder occurred on the third day of the Festival of the Lily.
-Two-Handed Katana: The weapon used to murder Reizei. It's actually ornamental, and belongs to a statue in her room, with a white wrapping over the black metal. It looks like it takes a bit of strength to get loose from the statue's grip. No fingerprints.
-Hiroko's One-Handed Katana: A black metal katana with a white wrapping. Swapped with the two-handed katana at some point. Only has the defendant's fingerprints.
-Damaged Daimyo Room Key: The key to the Daimyo's room. It is one of a kind, and was likely damaged when Reizei was stabbed. No fingerprints save for the victim's.
-Dilated Eyes: The eyes of the victim were dilated, indicating magic, strangulation, or drugging.
-The Armor: The armor Reizei was supposedly wearing when she was murdered. Matching stab wounds, but little blood or will evaporation presence. Only the victim's fingerprints are present.
-The Will Evaporated Wound: The victim's wound is smaller at the front of the chest, and thicker at the back, indicating a stab from behind. There is will evaporation surrounding the wound and going down her front and back.
-Folding Screen: A folding screen in Reizei's room. It has evidence of will evaporation on both sides.
-Furnace: A heating furnace in Reizei's room, used to burn her clothes post-mortem. The door lacks any fingerprints.
-Locked Box: A locked box with an anti-lockpicking mechanism. Hiroko refuses to open it or discuss its contents.

-----PROFILES-----
-Reizei Cynric'dair: Master Daimyo and the victim.
-Hiroko Hajima: Apprentice Samurai and our client, the main defendant.
-Rose: The housekeeper who had found the body.
-Kazeko Mizuo: Master Jounin who had helped open the door to Reizei's room.
-Arisa Urushijima: Master Jiu Duan, working with the prosecution.
-Yemhelch: The defense attorney, a soldier.
-Mikkael Altans: A meridian spellsword working as an investigator.
-Father Johannes: A human priest who makes swords. Sold the two-handed katana. Secondary defendant.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Link

ITS OVER 9000!!

-

Yemhelch shrugged at the priest's panicking. "Regardless, because of what you said, the court is convinced that you are a murderer. Truth be told, you are an accomplice - unwitting or not. Unless you could prove with evidence that you had no motive, the court will find you guilty. And that's why I recommended that you go for the plea bargain and testify against whoever put you up to this job. Unless you do, it'll be you hanging from the gallows, defrocked and labeled a common criminal who had the audacity to not only commit a murder, but abused his position in Clergy to unjustly have an innocent girl killed for the crime."

He waited until Johannes calmed down, letting his icy voice sink into his mind before continuing. "The prosecutor's gone to take apart your vending cart. I suppose you don't have any evidence that could implicate you in there? For once, I would appreciate a warning. The last time, they submitted a Lady's private property as evidence. How dishonorable..."

4 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"I will have you know I don't know anything about the murder. I didn't even know a murder occurred, and the lack of evidence within my vending cart should be a testament to that!" The priest took a breath again, "Besides, I never found it, Karliah had brought it to my attention the day prior, and I told her all about the details regarding Hiroko and Reizei. Truth is, I sold Reizei that katana ages ago, back when she first became master daimyo. I've been trying to find out everything I can about the two, but the inquisitors wouldn't listen to me, given that they never would believe that the previous jiu duan master and kazeko would elect someone of that lifestyle as master daimyo."

Finally, he responded, "Besides, if you think I did it, and the prosecution thinks I did it, then the two of you would need to show how that is the case-"

"Yemhelch, we need to talk." Mikkael interrupted, barging in with Kazeko and Philena, "It's important."

The bailiff had Father Johannes removed for the time being, and Mikkael explained the same situation that he and Philena had figured out moments earlier.

"Thus, I think the best course of action is to ask about who was present at the time, and who is still present. It's no doubt that the murderer left the city, after all, Hiroko seems to let on that there must be a way for the likely suspect to escape. From there, we can begin working on finding out the modus operandi and the motive should then become clear."

Mikkael then nodded to Kazeko, "Also, ya guys can search through Hiroko's room all ya want nyow. Mikkael here took the one piece of evidence, the scabbard of her katana, but there's probably something you can do to lead to bigger clues."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:45 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"The prosecution's brought in a funny witness." Yemhelch chuckled darkly. "Apparently there's an 'inquisition' digging up dirt on Lady Reizei and Lady Hiroko. After admitting to the setup in court, now the good Father(his voice, at this phrase, switches to a dripping with sarcasm) says he had no idea that a murder took place."

Philena stared at him, dumbstruck. "...yes, he said that." Yemhelch finished and then let loose an amused chuckle. "Religion may truly be the root of all evil. So, this church - what's the story on this?"

4 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:58 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"Well, it was evident in court that he never knew the murder took place. I highly doubt that this guy is the murderer." Mikkael noted. "If we want to know more about the priest, we'd best check in with the church itself. However, something tells me there's more to it all than meets the eye, especially with that window."

Mikkael pointed again to the diagram, "Why was she reaching for the window? I mean, sure she could've fallen, but her arm is clearly showing signs of reaching for the window. Recall the blood splatter for a moment."

Images of Reizei's room came to mind as Mikkael began to mention, "There was a smear where her arm was, showing that her arm was reaching forwards, and yet there was little sign of blood on the body itself."

"Combine with that the fact that there's no fingerprints, and the mystery deepens." Philena added in, "Plus, how did the murderer escape? Mikkael says the wooden beams were secured in place, and there's no way anyone could just slip through them without breaking them. If that were the case, I'd imagine someone would have woken up."

Then, Mikkael himself had an epiphany of sorts, "Woken up?"

"Yes." Philena responded.

"Actually, come to think of it, did anyone awaken to the sound of Reizei being murdered?" Mikkael began to think for a moment, "I mean, was there a scream? If the life drain killed her, it would make sense, but then the scene wouldn't have as much blood."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Philena looked concerned when she heard what Yemhelch said about the 'inquisition' investigating Reizei and Hiroko, but stayed silent as he continued to detail what the priest has talked about. Mikkael in particular, looked relatively interested when Yemhelch described the 'seedy champion' - but it was when he mentioned a bird flying away from the window and 'smoke from pipes' that Mikkael's interest was sparked.

"... he could be lying out of his teeth, priest or no. That's what I think..." Yemhelch finished. "... so, your thoughts?"

There was no doubt about it - something had clicked inside Mikkael's mind.

4 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"A bird... then smoke?"

Mikkael had new ideas pacing through his head. All the while questioning things about the priest.

"Kazeko! Bring that priest back in here!"

Mikkael awaited the priest, now in cuffs, and took off his helmet as the man sat down in front of him.

"Father Johannes, I need you to tell me a few things about what you saw." Mikkael smiled at him, "By the end of this, I will know if you really are a priest like you say."

The priest stiffened up as Mikkael took on this serious tone, his yellow eyes gazing deep into the priest's own eyes.

"Er-U-Uhm, yes. I will do so."

"So, I must ask, at what time did you see this smoke and bird." Mikkael started. Father Johannes thought for a bit as Mikkael gazed at him with an unnerving glare.

"Well, it was 9:40 at night."

"What was it that a man such as yourself was doing outside at that time?" Mikkael asked. The priest answered as he did with Yemhelch, "Why, I was thinking of how I could bring them to Lumbra's good graces."

"See, I have trouble believing that. While you are a zealous man, who just stands outside of a building and contemplates what to do with not one, but two of the inhabitants?"

"What are you getting at, Mr. Altans?" Johannes asked.

"What I'm getting at is that you couldn't be outside during this time." Mikkael smiled. The man began shaking in place at this statement.

"H-How do you figure that?"

Link

Mikkael answered, "Because there would be no way for you to tell the time!"

"WH-WHAAAT!?" The man jumped back.

"So, care to explain this?" Mikkael asked, his grin growing.

"O-Okay! I was inside the pagoda at this time, and I happened to see a clock. As I was leaving, I saw the bird fly away, then smoke coming from the chimney shortly after that."

"I see... So, then there's more to it... After all, you should have no reason to look at a clock. Especially since there were none hanging around the areas accessible to visitors." Mikkael produced the diagram of Reizei's room, and told Philena to look at the right dresser, and grab the clock from the dresser facing towards the window.

When she came back, she had a shocked look on her face, "I-It says 9:43!"

"Exactly. But how could a priest such as yourself see that? The only view you had was from the window!" Mikkael answered.

"G-Guh... Stop it." He began sweating in his chair, "I-I'm not the murderer!"

"No, you're not." Mikkael said, surprisingly, "Philena, please draw the rough orientation of the clock and the position on the diagram." She did so, showing that even if he had been behind the screen or at the door, the only vantage point would be near the bed.

"So, the question then, is what drew your attention to the clock, or rather, into the room?"

"Well... Perhaps we should talk about this some other time-"

"No, this is getting revealed now. However, which do you want me to reveal first, your occupation, or what you really saw?"

Silence from the priest. Philena was gazing at Mikkael and the man intently as he awaited a response. However, Mikkael continued.

"See, it seems odd that the prosecution only took the locked box. If it's Hiroko's, then only her prints should be on it," Mikkael mentioned, "...and I think this wasn't removed by the prosecution. So, would you mind if I compared your prints to the ones on the box?" Mikkael asked, "... Mr. Thief?"

"D-Damn... I guess you win, then..."

Mikkael smiled as he put the locked box down. He now knew more about the witness, and that he had a potential lead on the actual murderer.

"Yes, it's as you say. I'm a lowly thief, a rogue, to be exact. My real name is Santiago, and I've been in the smithing and stealing business for a few years now. It's all exactly as you said; I was outside the window of Reizei's room, making my escape from the building after I stole the locked box. The inquisition paid me to get it, and I was about to really get away with it, but two crimes were being committed that night. As I was near one window, I suddenly heard a scream... well, not so much a scream, more like a gagging shout, and so I glanced inside, noticing the clock at that moment. Reizei was laying there, dead. She was reaching for the window, when a bird of some sort flew out. Then, I watched as a skeleton removed her clothing and set it in the furnace to burn. It also removed the magic converter from the clock, stopping the time, and switched her into armor, before sticking the blade into her body and vanishing into thin air."

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"How strange that you did not mention any of this in court yesterday." Yemhelch mused, a wry grin on his face. "If you did, you could have walked away a free man... albeit with 'attempted robbery' in question on your head. I don't know what this inquisition is about, but it seems to me that you're no longer useful to them - so they made sure you'd be brought in as a suspect by placing you in the crime scene, complete with a motive."

Santiago's face paled at this insinuation as Yemhelch continued. "Two contradictions remain. One, how did you break into what could possibly be the most well-guarded level in a veritable fortress? Second, how did the prosecution acquire these stolen goods from the thief who was on the cusp of a perfect getaway?

4 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 5
Level 5

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"Sorry, but the breaking in is a trade secret of ours. Let me tell you, though, they just outright handed down the locked box to that prosecutor and said to use it as leverage in her case. Then they also wanted me to testify in court. I was to be a clueless priest. Simple as that. Little did I know someone would back stab me." Santiago answered.

<EVIDENCE UPDATE>

-----EVIDENCE-----
-Victim File: Reizei Cynric'dair, 23, Human Fire Draco, was stabbed by the two-handed katana which lead to instantaneous death. The murder occurred on the third day of the Festival of the Lily.
-Two-Handed Katana: The weapon used to murder Reizei. It's actually ornamental, and belongs to a statue in her room, with a white wrapping over the black metal. It looks like it takes a bit of strength to get loose from the statue's grip. No fingerprints.
-Hiroko's One-Handed Katana: A black metal katana with a white wrapping. Swapped with the two-handed katana at some point. Only has the defendant's fingerprints.
-Damaged Daimyo Room Key: The key to the Daimyo's room. It is one of a kind, and was likely damaged when Reizei was stabbed. No fingerprints save for the victim's.
-Dilated Eyes: The eyes of the victim were dilated, indicating magic, strangulation, or drugging.
-The Armor: The armor Reizei was supposedly wearing when she was murdered. Matching stab wounds, but little blood or will evaporation presence. Only the victim's fingerprints are present.
-The Will Evaporated Wound: The victim's wound is smaller at the front of the chest, and thicker at the back, indicating a stab from behind. There is will evaporation surrounding the wound and going down her front and back.
-Folding Screen: A folding screen in Reizei's room. It has evidence of will evaporation on both sides.
-Furnace: A heating furnace in Reizei's room, used to burn her clothes post-mortem. The door lacks any fingerprints.
-Locked Box: A locked box with an anti-lockpicking mechanism. Hiroko refuses to open it or discuss its contents. Has the fingerprints of Santiago, Hiroko, and a few unidentified persons.
-Clock: A clock with its mana converter removed. It is stuck on 9:43.

-----PROFILES-----
-Reizei Cynric'dair: Master Daimyo and the victim.
-Hiroko Hajima: Apprentice Samurai and our client, the main defendant.
-Rose: The housekeeper who had found the body.
-Kazeko Mizuo: Master Jounin who had helped open the door to Reizei's room.
-Arisa Urushijima: Master Jiu Duan, working with the prosecution.
-Yemhelch: The defense attorney, a soldier.
-Mikkael Altans: A meridian spellsword working as an investigator.
-Santiago: A human rogue who posed as a priest. Makes swords and sold the two-handed katana to Reizei. Secondary defendant.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Level 39
Level 39

Cash on hand:

Bank:
"So much for being a lowly thief, eh? That's actually what I wanted to know." Yemhelch replied, nodding bemusedly. "Either way, you're in deep trouble. If you get a guilty verdict, you're looking at...hm, at least 3,4 decades in the slammer. If you get acquitted, your e-e-e-employers wouldn't quite like it that a loose end is walking around, knowing as much as you do. And then there's the ninja and samurai loyal to Lady Hiroko - so deep is your dishonorable action, that they might consider hunting you down to make an example of those who besmirch their Daimyo and Lady's honor. Tell me, do you have a plan of action in mind?"

4 pcs.

Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:50 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Reply to topic   [ 575 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 39  Next