Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 HS FUCKING NEWS 
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Group: Special Access
Post HS FUCKING NEWS
Greetings Fuckheads I interrupt you from your regularly scheduled HolyShit News to bring you something completely the same but different.

The supreme court of the USA has decided that once you buy something, you own it! I mean for fucks sake I thought that was obvious!

But anyways this is a huge bolt of shocking news for many companies, especially online game companies that have ever sold the installer for their game *cough* city of heroes *cough* NCSoft *cough*.

So what does this mean for city of heroes? NCSoft sold the game disk as a physical product. Which means players can do anything they want with the data on the disk including resell it, and modify, it this includes the client, the installer, the updater and all the models, textures and sounds/music and even some of the game text, Non-player characters and content.

Again, this is huge! and works for any game you bought a physical copy of, even if it's an installer. however if they never sold you a disk then his whole thing becomes questionable and needs more explaining by the court, like what are the rights of a player who pays to create content in an online game, does it entitle that player mere ownership of the content or does it entitle them to always have access to that content in a playable form?

Now, where is the line drawn in the anime girl? Ok ok I know what you're thinking "I bought something, it has a really popular billion dollar character on it, I own that and can reuse/sell it as I wish in any form right?" that again needs more explanation by the courts. but from what it sounds like the character would in essence be part of the product you bought so I believe that does constitute fair use. so you could actually use the character anywhere but you can only claim rights to or sell that specific version of the character.

imagine that the characters on the game disk are instead physical Halloween costumes, when you bought the game disk, you got 1 of each and a right to parade around and claim you're that character while wearing it, but not a right to claim ownership of the character in general or to make any demands over other products with the character including other exact replicas of the costume.

so you can't claim ownership of a character but can use them.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode  
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:38 am
Profile E-mail
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
Post Re: HS FUCKING NEWS
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... cc5e30cb95

fuck me, i forgot the link and then had to scramble for it. not the exact same link but same story.

got any?

His name is not Robert Paulsen, His name is Gregory Matthew Bruni, he won so hard.

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:37 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Group: Registered users
It's very fucking clear. I like the sound of that, but with C and T rights, it could be a red herring. It's like, baiting for the motherfucker, and blam! He's dead, he's long dead. Everybody fightin' for rights.

Oh yeah, fraud alert time, bitches!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Spoiler: show
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Level 1
Level 1

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Group: Holy Shit News Block
HIRED!!!

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:23 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 22
Level 22

Cash on hand:
RV-007 wrote:
It's very fucking clear. I like the sound of that, but with C and T rights, it could be a red herring. It's like, baiting for the motherfucker, and blam! He's dead, he's long dead. Everybody fightin' for rights.

Oh yeah, fraud alert time, bitches!

It's true this was in fact a patent issue that was discussed and not Copyright or Trademark, however all of them fall under the title of Intellectual Property, and when it comes to the differences between Patent, Copyright and Trademark, the differences are 'topical', as in "each protects the thing from a different viewpoint". but at the core level based on what protections are given and the rules there-of, all IP's share the same core rules.

Take this example we see here, it's a simple consumer rights issue, so it is part of the core of all things bought and traded. all IP's are then parts of products and are as such bought and traded with them.

It used to be the case that other companies couldn't use your shit without permission, and to some effect that is still true. For example, I can't go start a business and sell costumes of marvel characters I made myself, but I can start a business selling used or modified official marvel character costumes that were purchased/obtained legally.

so from a trademark perspective on things like characters, i can rip the model from a game and modify/sell it, I can take drawings already present in anime and modify them and/or sell them, but if I start from scratch and make my own version or art or 3D model of the character I can no longer legally sell it because I did not purchase it nor enter in to a company/consumer agreement.

So, models-resource.com is fair game. All those models were from games the author bought and ripped. he could even sell them, and once you buy them you can sell them too.

whats going to happen now is we are going to see a whole new layer of art asset protections being used by greedy bloated companies. including and not limited to illegal attempts at 'consumer rights waivers'. and those will have to be challenged as just that, "an illegal demand that to use their product you need to violate your own law given rights" ( of course such a contract will never stand in court).

so really, there you have it.

got any?

1 pcs.
1 pcs.
1 pcs.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 20
Level 20

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Location: PEARL HARB☠R!!! QUELL (PRETENSE OF) INSTIGATIONS (WARMONGERING), USURPATION, AND COUPS!
Ah! Baa baa baa! ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ChoSh.jpg, resident alien generation? Wow!
_
Regurgitator monster to be resumed
whatissk/moonie/washingtontimes=anti-armistice nazi instigator-usurper/tyherantno parasite/censorship/anti-neutrality embargo/siege fallen cheonson-ilminismist/ilminazmist/merciless 'they live' mein kampf machine/kal_flight_007 self-victimization
nsfw
Fraud Alert Renewal Month: 03, 06, 09, and 12
My ZDoom mods
Viva Le Resistance! (threat: see ☠Image☠ below...)
Metal tracking mods
sfw
https://archive.org/download/for_jihad_monsters/Lightning%20Exclusive%20Nasheed%20By%20Ahmad%20Al-Muqit.mp3

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:

Bank:
Oh god, this is rich. Thanks for bringing this to our attention - The salt from EA and pals is going to be RICH.

Now where's Yue and that other Nodoka with my crackpipe?

Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 pm
Profile E-mail
ANTI-POPE
ANTI-POPE

Cash on hand:
Group: hanzo ord3r
O Campeonato Sergipano de Futebol de 2006 foi a 88º edição do torneio e teve como campeão o Pirambu, que assim conquistou seu primeiro título estadual e garantiu vaga na Copa do Brasil 2007 e no Campeonato Brasileiro da Série C de 2006. O vice-campeão, Confiança, conquistou a segunda vaga do estado para a Série C de 2006. Os seis melhores colocados se classificaram para a Copa Governo do Estado de Sergipe de 2006.[1]

Índice

The very image of a king

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]