BLACKONESAREBIGGERANDBETTER

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
Post Re: BioShock 2
i loved the original only the whole little kid parasite thing was kinda weird i really was creeped out by the little sisters....*shudder* but besides that it was intense

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:52 am
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Bael wrote:
i loved the original only the whole little kid parasite thing was kinda weird i really was creeped out by the little sisters....*shudder* but besides that it was intense

Then the game designers accomplished their intended goal.

As for the game, looks sweet if, indeed, you actually are a Big Daddy. I just wonder if it's a prequel or a sequel...don't really see how they could make a sequel considering how the game ended (at least not another one that takes place in Rapture. Especially if you take the evil path and become the splicer god of the city.) A prequel, I think, would be pretty sweet. Getting to play through Rapture's civil war as everything goes to shit. :black

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:26 am
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
thats what im hoping for i would love to see how rapture became the hell hole that it is when you find it

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:33 am
Profile E-mail
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
it is a sequel. supposedly, afterward the guy in the first one just leaves Rapture where all the splicers are pissed and dying. so shit is actually worse than before.

to be honest though, i'm not that excited about it. the first one got boring real quick. the thing about FPS games is that they very easily give in to repetition. CoD:4 was the only real good one that has come out lately. Resistance 2 was alright only cause the multiplayer was pretty sweet, but the campaign was the same old shit (except it sucked even more since you could only carry two weapons).

Killzone 2 i hear is one of the best FPSs to come out mainly because even though it doesn't bring anything new to the table it perfects the FPS engine. this can either mean it's fuckin' awesome or just same shit with better detail.

but Bioshock was disappointing. it had some cool shit, but it just got old real quick.

i'm just waiting for Modern Warfare 2.

Fri May 01, 2009 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
i might fap to this

Fri May 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
Bioshock's fatal flaw was that there was literally no consequence for dying. Thanks to those vita-chambers, there's no need to conserve ammo or health packs.

Other than that, I enjoyed it. It had a fun story line and the plasmids made it interesting.

However, Carsito, I'm afraid you can't really make the "too repetitive" argument anymore. Pretty much every game is repetitive once you figure it out. Modern Warfare, for instance, was indeed an awesome game. However it, just like every other CoD, is nothing but moving from one fire-fight to the next. If playing on veteran, it's actually half-way a puzzle game...the point of the game being to figure out the best way to get past this fire-fight and on to the next one. The enemies always pop out of the same places at the same time, you just gotta memorize where they're coming from and, after a couple hours (again, on vet), hopefully you'll have learned the fight enough to progress to the next one. But all it is is "Alright this time you're on top of a hill and the terrorists are coming." "Alright, this time you've gone up the hill but you gotta infiltrate this barn." "Alright you've got what you need from the barn, now get down to the docks for evac." Insert fire-fights around random clutter and barriers, repeat.

:P Again, I really enjoyed MW and I too look forward to MW 2. All I'm saying is that the "too repetitive" argument isn't really a valid one anymore.

Sat May 02, 2009 9:00 pm
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
the campaign is worth playing once (modern warfare) but the only real reason for buying it is the multiplayer. and the multiplayer was really well done.

Bioshock gets old after the first couple of levels and every level is about the same. and, the worse part is, the shooting is hardly worth it. for an FPS, the fire-fights are boring as fuck. yeah, you try to use the plasmids and all, but it gets old.

the problem is that it has no replay value. CoD4 didn't either, but it at least had a multiplayer that was addictive as hell. Bioshock didn't have this, leaving you with "okay, i guess back to game stop with you".

Sun May 03, 2009 1:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
yeah it would have been better had there been like four endings instead of just two

Sun May 03, 2009 1:51 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
I do feel that Bioshock should have had a multiplayer...think that would have been bad-ass. Plasmid pick-ups, turrets and cameras, big-daddy's wandering around...woulda been sweet.

Sun May 03, 2009 8:41 pm
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
or you could have played as like a splicer in multi player and have crazy mad plasmid powers or some shit like that.

Mon May 04, 2009 8:18 am
Profile E-mail
Level 11
Level 11

Cash on hand:
one problem with the multiplayer would have been the shooting... since it definitely was designed from the stone age of FPS.

although, it would be cool as a co-op. and more shit to unlock as well. i've noticed that the best way to make a game worth playing again is to have unlockable shit like weird ass guns and cheats and shit like that. like RE5. the game never fuckin' ends.

Mon May 04, 2009 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
ooo yeah co-op would have totaly pwnt!

Mon May 04, 2009 5:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 19
Level 19

Cash on hand:
I just wish the bees were more powerful...I just love the thought of being able to shoot bees out of your arms. :black

But multi-player wouldn't have been that bad. Use some maps from the story, some maps made specifically for multiplayer. I still think it would have been fun.

As for RE 5, I was done with it upon getting all the achievements. Glad I just rented it :P I will say, however, that infinite ammo with the super magnum is just ridiculous...about as ridiculous as the infinite rocket launcher. But that does bring up the point that I do agree with you on the fact that games that have bonus unlockables and/or new game+ modes have a much greater replay value than those that don't.

I said this somewhere else, but I'll say it again: I saw Sheva getting raped and gangbanged by numerous unspeakable horrors before I even considered picking up the game. :twisted

Tue May 05, 2009 11:57 am
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
I loved the ice plasmid and the flame ones i thought they were best!

Tue May 05, 2009 7:16 pm
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next