Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 It's a privilege to have children 
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Group: Oldies
Post It's a privilege to have children
So many people think it's a right to have children. I'm sorry, it shouldnt be. You must earn the privilege to operate a motor vehicle, so why is it right for people to have children who arent qualified to do so?

The consequences of poor parenting are suffered by all of society. To not take care of your children properly is selfish not only to the child, but the rest of society.

Children who are abused/neglected cost money to the goverment for welfare and psychiatry and other stuff too. Also other people have to deal with them.

Child abuse is a huge problem. A lot of the problem could be solved by a licensing system. Say if someone gets pregnant they must take a test (sort of like for a drivers license but more complicated) and if they fail it, their children are taken away. Say if they're not married, they are asked to get married, otherwise if they dont, they lose the baby. Say if the parents have any history of mental illness they automatically fail the test.

People think I'm a nazi for thinking this. But I dont believe there is anything nazi about it. Bad people can breed if they want. Only difference is they're children are put in foster homes where they get the care and attention they deserve,.

So you're thoughts on this?

Sat May 09, 2009 9:31 pm
Level 17
Level 17

Cash on hand:
Post Re: It's a privilege to have children
1) How exactly do you GRADE someone on being a good parent or not? Furthermore, do you really want a group of government bureaucrats telling you how to raise your child?

2) Who would vote for this? No one in their right mind. It's like calling for mandatory suicide; everyone thinks that the Earth can't support 7 billion people and the population needs to be culled, but when you ask them if they want to go first their answer is consistently, "Naww B, not me"

Sun May 10, 2009 12:06 am
Profile E-mail
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Hammm wrote:
1) How exactly do you GRADE someone on being a good parent or not? Furthermore, do you really want a group of government bureaucrats telling you how to raise your child?

2) Who would vote for this? No one in their right mind. It's like calling for mandatory suicide; everyone thinks that the Earth can't support 7 billion people and the population needs to be culled, but when you ask them if they want to go first their answer is consistently, "Naww B, not me"

1) If they did have a test like that, I imagine they'd have a battery of psychological tests. Ones to pinpoint personalty disorders/mental illnesses, addictions etc.

The goverment in some countries including the United States and Canada already kind of do tell you how to raise your child, it's called the childrens aid. If you're reported abusing your child, they will investigate it and if they find enough evidence they'll take your child away.

2) You'd be surprised. A lot of people would vote on this. And how does this relate to mandatory suicide? The whole idea here is pulling children out of abusive situations before the problem ever happens. A lot of people would love this idea, and I'm surprised it hasnt happened.

Mon May 11, 2009 7:04 am
Level 70
Level 70

Cash on hand:
Group: Registered users
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Hammm wrote:

1) If they did have a test like that, I imagine they'd have a battery of psychological tests. Ones to pinpoint personalty disorders/mental illnesses, addictions etc.

The goverment in some countries including the United States and Canada already kind of do tell you how to raise your child, it's called the childrens aid. If you're reported abusing your child, they will investigate it and if they find enough evidence they'll take your child away.

2) You'd be surprised. A lot of people would vote on this. And how does this relate to mandatory suicide? The whole idea here is pulling children out of abusive situations before the problem ever happens. A lot of people would love this idea, and I'm surprised it hasnt happened.

even tho it would suck to have your child tooken away...i still think that they would probably have a better life afterwards...like if i had a kid and the mother would continuously beat him/her i would try to get custody but if it turns out i couldn't id want the child to be removed from her(the mother) house-hold...just saying

Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
personaly i could never have kids i hate them they piss me off to no end but i feel that you should have to go through an aplication process to have the ability to have children

Tue May 12, 2009 8:35 am
Profile E-mail
Level 70
Level 70

Cash on hand:
well for me it kinda depends on whether i'll be able to support them and give them the childhood i never really got...

Tue May 12, 2009 3:38 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 7
Level 7

Cash on hand:
My childhood was good but i still fucking loath children.

Wed May 13, 2009 8:09 am
Profile E-mail
Level 70
Level 70

Cash on hand:
well even tho my childhood wasnt all too bad i just hope theres is more full-filling...

Wed May 13, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
I've been saying for years that having children should not be a right, but it simply will not ever happen. As it has been said, no test could ever be created. And, even if a test was created, how would they enforce the results? If you were to fail, what, you get a historectomy/vasectomy? America would never, and could never, enforce such a thing.

Sat May 16, 2009 4:25 pm
Profile E-mail
Level 70
Level 70

Cash on hand:
Burlesque wrote:
I've been saying for years that having children should not be a right, but it simply will not ever happen. As it has been said, no test could ever be created. And, even if a test was created, how would they enforce the results? If you were to fail, what, you get a historectomy/vasectomy? America would never, and could never, enforce such a thing.

If it ever did that would suck... :(

Sun May 17, 2009 2:23 am
Profile E-mail
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Burlesque wrote:

Well, they would never do something like a historectomy or vesectomy to you. That's inhumane and against human rights. What I ment is people can have all the children they want. It's just if they're not fit to take care of those children, the children are taken out of their hands and placed into foster homes. Of course, they can visit their children if they arent too dangerous/a bad influence to the children.

Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Burlesque wrote:

Well, they would never do something like a historectomy or vesectomy to you. That's inhumane and against human rights. What I ment is people can have all the children they want. It's just if they're not fit to take care of those children, the children are taken out of their hands and placed into foster homes. Of course, they can visit their children if they arent too dangerous/a bad influence to the children.

Then what of the people that don't care about the children? Wouldn't that then be a good thing? I know it sounds horrible, but we all know people like that exist. So, just because these people decided to be a certain way, a child will suffer for the rest of their life knowing that not only did their parents not want them or were unfit to take care of them, but they may never even know the parents. On top of that, foster homes are an absolute hell; I've spent a summer in one voulenteering, and I'll tell you, TV doesn't even come close to explaining what goes on in there. Beatings and rapes at night, theft, and the workers are absolutely horrid.

Tue May 19, 2009 11:49 pm
Profile E-mail
Expert Cumsniffer
Expert Cumsniffer

Cash on hand:
Burlesque wrote:
pinkturbokitty wrote:
Burlesque wrote:

Then what of the people that don't care about the children? Wouldn't that then be a good thing? I know it sounds horrible, but we all know people like that exist. So, just because these people decided to be a certain way, a child will suffer for the rest of their life knowing that not only did their parents not want them or were unfit to take care of them, but they may never even know the parents. On top of that, foster homes are an absolute hell; I've spent a summer in one voulenteering, and I'll tell you, TV doesn't even come close to explaining what goes on in there. Beatings and rapes at night, theft, and the workers are absolutely horrid.

Well, that's kind of odd. I've been in foster homes and they wernt so bad. The worst one I was in, was one in Maine and they where uber religious, I hated it there(I counted how many times I took a piss and shit). Though now that I'm older I think I wouldve been better off there than with my dad, even though I hated it as a kid.

Thu May 21, 2009 4:28 pm
Level 0
Level 0

Cash on hand:
I'm not basing that off of one example, I've been to a good number of homes (about 10) all around the Western US. 4 in Nevada (Las Vegas and Reno), 2 in California (San Fransisco), and 4 in Utah, but I can't remember the city. The only exception I saw was the one in Cedar City, Utah. It was, like the one you visted, very religious. Of course, it was Mormon, but they mainly took in kids from Nevada. Very odd combination O_O

Fri May 22, 2009 12:12 am
Profile E-mail
Level 24
Level 24

Cash on hand:
Group: Catgirl Saviours Club
ah children. i'd love to have some of my own someday. but i would only do so when i'm more prepared, when i can not only support myself but for my family as well. i have relatives and family members who are willing to help me out in taking care of my kids when needed which i'm forever grateful. i've helped in babysitting since i was little, i trained under pediatrics and at daycare centers for mothers who have to work and need someone who can watch after them, i know that the kind of work to be put into taking care of them 24/7 isn't easy (it's like taking care of the elderly but younger and easier to carry), etc. sure it would be hard but it would be worthwhile

Sun May 24, 2009 12:41 am
Profile E-mail
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next